• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

High Voltage Tourney Thread - First tourney up, check OP!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
This is the official thread where the High Voltage clan will host clan tourneys (or perhaps completely open tourneys, we will see).
*Right now I am reserving this for when we are ready to start the toureny.*

The Rules:
Characters are in a main vs secondary matchup. First person A uses Pika and person B uses their seconary. Then player A uses their secondary and player B uses Pika. If it is a tie after those 2, they will Pika ditto to break the tie.

This is set up as a double elimination, best of 3 bracket, where the semi finals and finals are best of 5.

In a best of 5, loser counterpicks the matchup they want, not including the dittos.

Rules are 3 stock 8 minutes. In the case of a tie, lowest percent wins. If the percents are equal, carry out sudden death.

If we ever decide to do teams, Team Damage will be set to on and share stocking as allowed.

Items must be set to off AND each individual item must be turned off. This will prevent your opponent DDD from pulling out a pokeball and whooping you with it.

Infinities will be allowed except when used to stall a match. Be reasonable with this guys, as we have no real effective police mechanism. If you can, someone should be recording each match in case dispute arise.

Specific case: Infinite dimensional cape IS banned.

Any other technique uesed to excessivly stall (Sonics b under stage, etc) are not allowed.

A specific definition of stalling (Thanks SBR):

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

If Bowser kills with the Koopa claw and it is the last life for both, the match ends as a tie. the lower percent wins. if they are the same it shall go to sudden death. If the WII doesnt automatically do it, A 1 minute game on that stage will be set up. You can mess around if you want, but let it end and go to sudden death, then let it play out. note: If bowser kills off the edge with koopa claw, he loses. This can be used to stall. If you are going to use the koopa claw, just land on teh ground and it will kill anyway. ;)

Stages will be picked using the random system. You will both choose random, and let the wii pick from the list of Neutrals and CP's described in the stage selection section. I will post them here.

Neutral
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Banned:
Everything else

Rememer this is Wifi guys, there WILL be lag, deal with it. If you guys want to, you can postpone and keep trying till you find a low lag time, but once the match has been played out, we dont want to hear why lag is bs and that it killed you. I dont mind it being mentioned, just dont john with it.

I have based this off of the official SBR picks, switching a few things around to regular standards. These ARE however still up for debate.

BRACKET IS UP:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff21/Stealth_Raptor/PikaClanBracket3.gif

Updated brackets:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff21/Stealth_Raptor/PikaClanBracket3.gifhttp://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff21/Stealth_Raptor/Pikatourney2d.gif

Get to battling guys. Good luck to all!

Matches pending-

Stealth Raptor vs Diddyknight
Ussi vs ESAM
Boom vs Silver Spark
Neji vs BadNewsBear

Roller

Smash Legend
repost teh bracketzors, I believe I'm playing Default.

I vote yes to including stadium 2, but not to Norfair. That level is gay as hell. The whole point of only allowing certain stages is to take out the ones where the stage itself can have just as big an impact as skill level, and Norfair is one of those levels.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
repost teh bracketzors, I believe I'm playing Default.

I vote yes to including stadium 2, but not to Norfair. That level is gay as hell. The whole point of only allowing certain stages is to take out the ones where the stage itself can have just as big an impact as skill level, and Norfair is one of those levels.
I agree that Norfair should be banned. The lava makes both players take time out of their playing style to avoid it. Even if the a player has someone on the ropes, the lava can change the outcome of the game.

IMHO, i think Luigi's Mansion should not be allowed. I think this stage can be abused just as Shadow Moses can be abused. I think stages that must be banned are those that have walls or anything that can stop you from flying off the stage.

Also, i think Mario Circuit and Port Town Aero Dive are legal counterpicks.

Anther

Smash Champion
Personally I had some shenanigans happen with Ness on Pirate ship, and I don't think it should be legal.
Ness vs Pika, Ness can camp the water by continuously using pk thunder, and you can't do anything logical to stop it. He absorbs all of your projectile attacks, even close range thunders, and If you go out there to punish him and land in the water, he can dair spike while all you have are petty options compared to that...

Just a lil bit from a personal experience.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i think he was making it clan only so, quick, try out! lol or get an exception or something, idk stealth isn't home right now, maybe he'll respond lata 2nite

Jedstwiilite

Smash Journeyman
Ussi! What's up? Your invading Smash boards now? Make up your mind which forums to stay on! lol jk.

Anyways, yeah you should try out. It would be good having you in the clan.

gallax

Smash Hero
well ive been looking at stages and whats being allowed lately and here is the thing. pirate ship is being banned and norfair is an acceptable CP. rainbow cruise is being banned all over the country now too. i think those should be implemented since thats the general concesus of MOST of the community.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I skipped a few pages (lol, y'all post fast).

You have seen the new tourney rules that the SBR has agreed upon, right?

gallax

Smash Hero
no i ahvent dude. ive been checking up on thatlike everyday and the one day im not here they post it. gonna go do this now. and bear...wanna play? maybe not tonight...but when?

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Sounds good. I'm not really in the right state of mind to play right now (had a fun night :psycho:), but tomorrow should be good. I'm probably gonna practice my Diddy some.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
last time i got an exception >_> in the first Pikachu clan. I think it was shockwave. I think Os won it =o

I don't know..joining a pikachu clan when i main Ike (and i spend a majority of my time trying to improve Ike's metagame) =o.. But i can't resist using Pikachu ;D I even have a stuffed pikachu ;DDD

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
well join unless ur in a ike clan lol...we could always use the ike influence, i mean the only good one i've played is kirk (who destroyed me) but I'd like to play against, and also as, ike more, since he is one of my secondaries, so in a round about way of saying it, you would be welcomed here by at least me <_<

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The only Ike clan thats alive...is B4BC...i think...well not on smashboards anymore.

So yea, no more Ike clans. xD Kirk is amazing, dittoing him was fun ;D

then when i brought Pikachu out i did worse >_>

so yea i'm clanless ;D

and the jab combo is killer offline too =P I do offline tourneys too xD

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
then try out! I would love to talk to you online sometime about this whole thing but you should post ur info in the clan thread and apply!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Ok guys i am tired out of my mind after a long day..... I want to know what you guys should think the rules should be. Should we use the SBR's stuff? if so, there is some gray area stages theat could be cp or neutral OR cp or banned. How do we decide which?

gallax

Smash Hero
i started a discussion about teh SBR rules and what we should apply. truthfully i think we should be able ot ban 2 stages since there are so many stages to play.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I will keep an eye on the thread. After i get off of work for tomorrow, I will revise the rules as necessary, post the bracket again, and kick off the tourney.

gallax

Smash Hero
ok. i am currently in disbelief at some of these choices and arguing. but soon enough we will have a good list. at least for our purposes. and it looks like we are gonna have to start redoing the character stage selection guide.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
We just have to add in our thoughts for the stages that we haven't done yet.

I'm not a big fan of some the new stages (Onett, Port Arrow), but I do like a couple of the others (Jungle Japes).

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
The funny thing is, those brackets may be obsolete, cause piman posted he cant get on wifi for a week. I am asking,so i have to wait first. if he cant get on to a week, i may change the brackets.

edit: nvm we are keeping him in.

Top Bottom