• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

High Voltage NEW (Pikachu Clan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yes that is how it has been since the chat opened up. a lot of the spam of the clan thread has been done on the chat. honestly, the old clan thread was 1/3 of the pika boards at one point lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
This clan is nice though (Refering to Galax's statement) ;0 It makes me excited to meet all the pika mains that are in this clan out there now (+ one IC/Kirby main). (Talking to mister E for about 2 minutes then never seeing him again was all i got from CoT4 though ;_; ) [Cause I never went on Sunday, I was home all day.... wishing I studied but instead read manga all day >_>]

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
;_; I wish... leave my sad self alone until my mid terms this week are over... (I barely got to go on saturday [I had to lie to my parents that I was meeting with my lab group]... I never got to enter pools since I had to leave JUST AS THEY STARTED T_____T) [I even found a doubles partner but I had to bail on him]

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No I don't know what Happened. I've been reading manga all day... and thinking about studying, which i'm doing now. But gonna sleep in 9 minutes.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Basically, with like 30 people left in the bracket, they got kicked out of the venue. IDK what happened with money or anything, but it was worse than pound 3 in that respect.

King~

Smash Champion
there wasnt 30 people left in bracket, but those people had people with them that equaled up to like 30

after everything at the venue went down, the people left in the bracket went to chibos place and they played all the matches out there. it was packed but some of them was worth it.

also do not let anther live down his loss to Chu.

but watching ninjalink and anther play friendlies was amazing

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
CoT4 was an epic failure.

I still had fun, though, and I got to meet Bear, Kyoshi, Anther, K-9/Kenny & Mr. E, so it was well worth it. Got in 2 friendlies with Anther at the venue and a few with Bear the night before the tourney, plus a good number outside of other Pika-players.... I learned a LOT. Tourney experience >>>> videos and wifi.

Considering my pool and my current skill level, I think I did well. I even got to bust out a little Zelda action, although I tried to rep Pika as much as I could. I only got super-***** (a.k.a. 3-stocked) once, and it was by ChuDat's ridiculous Kirby, so I don't feel bad, lol.

Pulled off a pretty sick dtilt lock > sweetspotted thunder for the kill on a Weegee player on Delfino. :laugh:

Since the tourney's results thread is full of a lot of negative **** right now, I'll do my fellow Pika shoutouts here....

Bear - You're super cool, and you BETTER come back to Philly at some point. Or show me what Texas is all about. Sucks that you got screwed out of brackets (:(), but at least you had fun hanging out with my crew. XD Show those Texans that Philly lean.

Kyoshi - Way to be super late, lol. It was great meeting you, though, when I FINALLY saw you. :p I'm jealous you got to see the finals.... our ride situation was all messed up, so I couldn't go to Chibo's after the "riot" and whatnot. Come back to Philly sometime.

Anther - You were probably the nicest person I met the entire weekend -- and thanks for the dittos. They were fun! (I'm wondering what they'll do with the parts they filmed....) Seeing your Pika skillz in person was too good.

K-9/Kenny - We'll have our rematch someday.... :mad: Hehe. Congrats on making it into the bracket. Pool 31 ftl, having to wait longer than every other pool to start, but I got to meet the best previously unknown Pika at CoT4.... good stuff.

Mister E - Don't worry about the ride thing, it worked out okay. I'm glad I got to meet/house you, and even though our team didn't do so well, I still had fun. Thanks for the stickers. :laugh: You'll get a cheesesteak next time, I promise.

Time to prepare for No Koast....

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I see you all the time, silly, lol.

I'm actually mad at you for leaving so early.... :mad: And then not coming back on Sunday, what was that?! I left to get food, and when I came back, no Ussi..... =\

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Yeah Ussi, you couldn't stay longer? Well it was great meeting you anyways. 5 people from the Pikachu board was at CoT4- Me, Kaylo, Anther, King Yoshi, and Ussi. And now K 9, even though I met him back in December. :p

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When I got home, there were people already there at my sister's sweet sixteen. Although i made a nice entry to my own house lol (got everyone's attention...)

KLo, I left at 5:30, which was 3 hours after i saw you. You took 3 hours to eat???

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
No, but you were MIA when I tried to look for you.... :( I guess we missed each other. Over and over again, lol.

Btw, I got complimented on my Zelda multiple times, lol. Sadly, she might be just as good as my Pikachu..... =X

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@Ussi - Pika's Fair has 15 frames of landing lag. The opponent cannot do anything for 17 frames(i.e. he can jump on frame 18). This is assuming one of the hits from Fair connects the frame before Pikachu hits the ground. If not, then you add the number of frames it takes for Pikachu to hit the ground.

So, at best, Pika has a 2 frame advantage. Also, each hit from the Fair, excluding the last hit which has knocback, gives the same advantage(though the first hit has 1 more frame of hitstun than the others, but that's besides the point).

Also also, I just realized I'm talking about Pikachu in an Ike discussion social group. Oh well.
Well my Ike friend here did some research on my behalf. (He said ask anything.. so I did lol) I was wondering what you guys think of this.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
a whole quarter of a second? i didnt think it was that long. the thing is though is that most of the time during those few frames of stun, the opponent settles on the ground which has its own lag time and allows you extra time. if they DI up though they can jump out of it.

King~

Smash Champion
Kyoshi - Way to be super late, lol. It was great meeting you, though, when I FINALLY saw you. :p I'm jealous you got to see the finals.... our ride situation was all messed up, so I couldn't go to Chibo's after the "riot" and whatnot. Come back to Philly sometime.
what i find funny is, now that i think about it, when we finally got in anther sat down a did some friendlies with bear, and i came and watched and so did you and E, but no one said anyting, lol.

then i saw u like 3 other times, while i was walking around before i said anything cause i was not sure it actually was you.

I dont think u would have liked it, it smelt bad, and most of us were standing for hours at a time, and it didnt get done till like 4:00.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
a whole quarter of a second? i didnt think it was that long. the thing is though is that most of the time during those few frames of stun, the opponent settles on the ground which has its own lag time and allows you extra time. if they DI up though they can jump out of it.
Pika's fair always felt slower to combo out of whenever I used it . (Ike's nair is 11 frames) I've been wondering if it really combos. If they DI up how much more time would we get?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
you would be surprsied how well di up works. i dont know the exact number, but like with samus, you have about a 20% chance to hit me out of fair, i di up and jump. pika gets hit mroe often, and i generally grab people with lucario. once people learn this his fair will be greatly reduced in strength. basically they have to fall down and lnd after the fair for it to be a true combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom