• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I c
I doubt he's in Season 1, but season 2 is more likely
I could see that. With Sakurai saying that Nintendo chose the dlc characters, it seems they are the ones in control. So with the CEO saying they want to put more focus on dlc, and smash dlc basically printing money, I can't imagine there won't be a season 2. So it's not now or never. I still think he could happen in season 1, but if he's not, his chances would go up for season 2.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So Hitagi says no Atlus character. On one hand, he tends to be pretty credible. On the other hand, he's been backpedalling on the granblue stuff. I don't know how much I trust him. Still not good news either way.

amageish

Smash Master
So Hitagi says no Atlus character. On one hand, he tends to be pretty credible. On the other hand, he's been backpedalling on the granblue stuff. I don't know how much I trust him. Still not good news either way.
Honestly, I'm somewhat happy that ATLUS characters are in high enough demand that leakers feel like deconfirming them is worthwhile... Sucks to know its likely not happening though.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
I don't know who this Hitagi guy is since I don't keep up to date with leakers, but my personal rule is don't believe leakers that didn't predict Piranha Plant.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I don't know who this Hitagi guy is since I don't keep up to date with leakers, but my personal rule is don't believe leakers that didn't predict Piranha Plant.
I'm not sure what exactly his track record is either. I know he's the guy who said Catalina and Steve are in, and Vergaben says he's legit. I honestly don't think any of the leakers know anything about the dlc just like they didn't for smash 4, but I don't want to just brush it off since the guy does have Verg's approval.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
I really doubt that Hitagi's right.

First of all, Verge only said they had similar sources. It's entirely possible that they could have shared information and she got a few lucky guesses like Steve. She's been backpeddling like hell. She said no Bamco rep, and now she's saying there IS one but it's not Agumon. There's also the fact that she has no idea if the Cygames talks went through or not, and that apparently the DLC is all smaller series? How could they be smaller series if the DLC has to sell itself? I'd say stay skeptical, friends.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

First of all, Verge only said they had similar sources. It's entirely possible that they could have shared information and she got a few lucky guesses like Steve. She's been backpeddling like hell. She said no Bamco rep, and now she's saying there IS one but it's not Agumon. There's also the fact that she has no idea if the Cygames talks went through or not, and that apparently the DLC is all smaller series? How could they be smaller series if the DLC has to sell itself? I'd say stay skeptical, friends.
Hitagi also said the reason an Atlus rep is "deconfirmed" is because they haven't heard anything about one. But they don't claim to know the whole roster anyway, so how do they know they just haven't heard about it yet? It's also worth mentioning that Hitagi felt the need to specifically name-drop persona. It seems our fanbase is being taken more seriously than it used to.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Hitagi also said the reason an Atlus rep is "deconfirmed" is because they haven't heard anything about one. But they don't claim to know the whole roster anyway, so how do they know they just haven't heard about it yet? It's also worth mentioning that Hitagi felt the need to specifically name-drop persona. It seems our fanbase is being taken more seriously than it used to.
Correct. I've seen Joker's name pop up a fair bit on GameFaqs, and he placed moderately high on a french poll just a bit ago. SourceGaming had a mega poll and he was somewhere in the top like 75 or so out of about 900 characters. He's being taken seriously now as a character which is good news.

Also, I wouldn't recommend even taking Hitagi's word on the roster at all. All she's done is backed up Verge on the Square character and take his sentiment of Minecraft towards the next step. She seems incredibly not credible for Smash in particular.

Final DLC will probably end up looking like this: Erdrick, Doom Slayer, Jibanyan, an ATLUS character (probably Joker) or the Monster Hunter, and Steve.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Correct. I've seen Joker's name pop up a fair bit on GameFaqs, and he placed moderately high on a french poll just a bit ago. SourceGaming had a mega poll and he was somewhere in the top like 75 or so out of about 900 characters. He's being taken seriously now as a character which is good news.

Also, I wouldn't recommend even taking Hitagi's word on the roster at all. All she's done is backed up Verge on the Square character and take his sentiment of Minecraft towards the next step. She seems incredibly not credible for Smash in particular.

Final DLC will probably end up looking like this: Erdrick, Doom Slayer, Jibanyan, an ATLUS character (probably Joker) or the Monster Hunter, and Steve.
I think a things considered, Hitagi saying no persona gives me more hope for Joker because if there's one thing he needs more of it's support in the smash fanbase. Name-dropping persona just proves the support is there.

amageish

Smash Master

Thanks for the context! That is a lot of backtracking on her part... Interestingly, it sounds kind of like she's doing the opposite of what Vergeben has been doing - Verge is clearly waiting to confirm things multiple times to maintain accuracy (ex/ his just discussing a "Square Enix rep" and not naming anyone) while she seems to be saying whatever she knows/thinks she knows in general...

I think a things considered, Hitagi saying no persona gives me more hope for Joker because if there's one thing he needs more of it's support in the smash fanbase. Name-dropping persona just proves the support is there.
100% agree. Persona is actually requested nowadays!

Black Link521

Smash Cadet
Considering Atlus really hitting it off with Nintendo originally with Digital Devil Story all the way to the Atlus on PlayStation success and the current SEGA/Atlus era. I have no doubt that Nintendo has discussed Persona representation in general on Nintendo consoles with Atlus at the very least being consistent since the release and general success of Persona Q. I'm sure Nintendo has even considered the major success and critical acclaim of Persona 5, even more so at the Game Awards 2017 since it had competed for Game of the Year with the likes of Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. Though I'm thinking it's only been about two to three years or so discussing Persona and Atlus at one point on the Switch which is probably why Persona Q2 is on the 3DS instead, SMT V as a Switch exclusive, and PSO2 has a load of Persona 3, 4, and 5 content, Sonic Forces Joker costume, along with BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle all on the Switch. With the localized releases of Persona 3 and 5 Dancing on the way and the Japanese version of Persona Q2 coming even sooner, I think we can expect some good news for the Persona series some time in December(possibly in a Nintendo Direct) and early January/February 2019. Smash will be out, DLC will be in development, and if we're lucky we'll get some good Persona HD ports or Persona 5 Arena/Updated Rerelease announced. All in hopes that Nintendo acknowledged the franchise and felt it's worth representation in Smash.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm really hoping they announce persona 5 and 4 switch ports at the game awards. It would make a lot of sense for both companies. Atlus would bring the biggest game they've had in a very long time to a whole new audience and Nintendo would get one of the game of the year contenders from last year on their system to go along with the exclusive spin off. If that does happen Joker's chances for smash skyrocket. It would definitely make sense for Nintendo to want him in smash then.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If Persona did get a Games Awards announcement, it'd be either a 3 Remake, or 6, with a remote possibility of 5 Arena or a Project Re:Fantasy teaser.

P-Team usually likes to announce stuff by themselves, like the Pokemon Company does

Flyboy

Smash Hero
A Persona 3 Remake with the Female Protagonist in HD would be phenomenal especially if you could choose either for The Answer as well. Just all the new stuff from Portable but you can actually walk around. Portable was incredible on PSP and so the portability would only make Persona games that much sweeter.

Persona 5 on Switch would be awesome. People would be clamoring for Joker in Smash instead of just as a wild impossible choice.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
If Persona did get a Games Awards announcement, it'd be either a 3 Remake, or 6, with a remote possibility of 5 Arena or a Project Re:Fantasy teaser.

P-Team usually likes to announce stuff by themselves, like the Pokemon Company does
I don't see 6 getting announced so soon. They're not even close to finished milking the p5 cast for all they're worth. I feel like any of the others you just mentioned have decent chances too, but I wouldn't count out switch ports.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't see 6 getting announced so soon. They're not even close to finished milking the p5 cast for all they're worth. I feel like any of the others you just mentioned have decent chances too, but I wouldn't count out switch ports.
Eh, I doubt they come this early, but who knows. Also, Switch ports would be something P-Team announces either during a direct, or by themselves. Not high profile enough for the Games Awards

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Eh, I doubt they come this early, but who knows. Also, Switch ports would be something P-Team announces either during a direct, or by themselves. Not high profile enough for the Games Awards
I don't know. I could see it. Maybe there will be a whole segment by Atlus and switch ports could be announced alongside arena and some other spin-off. It's not exactly a prediction, but the game awards are rapidly changing, so who knows what companies will do with it?

amageish

Smash Master
A Persona 3 Remake with the Female Protagonist in HD would be phenomenal especially if you could choose either for The Answer as well. Just all the new stuff from Portable but you can actually walk around. Portable was incredible on PSP and so the portability would only make Persona games that much sweeter.
For maximum confusion, they should release it on Switch under the name "Persona 3 Portable FES."

Given how Persona 5 was nominated for GOTY last year, I could see it being announced there if the announcement was, like, a PowerPoint slide shown for a few seconds. I doubt they'd give it the time for a whole trailer or anything... Realistically though, it would be announced in a random Famitsu article like most P-team things...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Switch ports (and honestly Steam and possibly even Xbox ports) are inevitable.

amageish

Smash Master
One way or another I think switch ports have a good shot at happening.
Agreed. My main question is if they'd bundle them together or make you buy them separately... I suppose that would depend on how much of a remaster they were.

Switch ports (and honestly Steam and possibly even Xbox ports) are inevitable.
Now, if we get an Xbox port, then we know they are really taking the western fans seriously...

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Agreed. My main question is if they'd bundle them together or make you buy them separately... I suppose that would depend on how much of a remaster they were.

Now, if we get an Xbox port, then we know they are really taking the western fans seriously...
I think they'll be separate. This would be many Nintendo fans' first dip into mainline persona. I think the series will gain a huge following in the Nintendo fanbase all of a sudden and at that point it would be better for them to charge for 2 games. While they are old games (or at least 4 is and maybe a 3 port I mean), they hold up incredibly well today, and Skyrim costs 60 bucks on switch. Maybe if 3 comes too they'll bundle it with 4 and sell 5 separately, but I think that's the best we can hope for. I for one will be double dipping on any and all switch ports of persona games.

amageish

Smash Master
I think they'll be separate. This would be many Nintendo fans' first dip into mainline persona. I think the series will gain a huge following in the Nintendo fanbase all of a sudden and at that point it would be better for them to charge for 2 games. While they are old games (or at least 4 is and maybe a 3 port I mean), they hold up incredibly well today, and Skyrim costs 60 bucks on switch. Maybe if 3 comes too they'll bundle it with 4 and sell 5 separately, but I think that's the best we can hope for. I for one will be double dipping on any and all switch ports of persona games.
Yeah... That's a bitterly realistic view. I suppose if they remade 1/2 for some reason they'd probably bundle those in the hopes people would actually play them, but P3P/FES, P4G, and P5 are all still worth full price in most minds...

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm starting to doubt Joker a tad more, but that's only because the possibility of them considering SMTV's main protagonist seems ever so more likely.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Hmmm starting to doubt Joker a tad more, but that's only because the possibility of them considering SMTV's main protagonist seems ever so more likely.
I would be pretty surprised to see that. Joker is their flagship character right now, and he's much more well known, so I'd imagine he'd be the one to represent the company. I'd be pretty shocked to see any Atlus character besides him or Jack Frost.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
I would be pretty surprised to see that. Joker is their flagship character right now, and he's much more well known, so I'd imagine he'd be the one to represent the company. I'd be pretty shocked to see any Atlus character besides him or Jack Frost.
That would make sense, the only problem is that we've been led on to believe this is all promotional stuff. In that case, unless P5 makes it's way onto the switch (not impossible), it almost seems to make more sense to try waging a bet on SMTV.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
That would make sense, the only problem is that we've been led on to believe this is all promotional stuff. In that case, unless P5 makes it's way onto the switch (not impossible), it almost seems to make more sense to try waging a bet on SMTV.
It doesn't necessarily have to be entirely promotional. I think a company not already represented in smash would be represented by their biggest character. Joker's main game isn't on switch yet, though a port at some point seems likely, but he is starring in the 3ds exclusive persona Q2 next year. So he wouldn't be as big an advertisement as SMTV, but still beneficial to Nintendo. If they do come out with a switch port of P5 then he'll be in a really great position, but I think all things considered, he's probably the most likely Atlus character already.

Black Link521

Smash Cadet
If we all believe really hard we can change the world's cognition and add Joker in Smash Ultimate.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
A recent redit poll with over 6000 votes showed a list of the top 50 dlc choices. Joker made the list at number 49. On one hand, I'm happy he made the list at all. Atlus reps were probably split between him, Frost, Narukame, and a mainline SMT protagonist, so there's probably even more support there than we saw. On the other hand, he got barely beaten by King Boo, and he got his butt kicked by Steve and Sans. Overall it's good news I think. Top 50 is significant with how many third parties people could pick.

Edit: I forgot to mention that most of the characters that made the list we're deconfirmed first party characters like Waluigi and Skull Kid, as well as Grinch leak characters like Mach rider and chorus kids. There were only a few other third parties on the list. Popular picks like Geno, Banjo and Sora, with a few frequently mentioned ones like Monster Hunter and Doom Slayer. It's honestly a pretty elite list with a couple of exceptions.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Any idea on how his classic mode could work?
Well, we have 6 stages + a boss... Think we can cover the Seven Deadly Sins with the Smash cast using characters and stages to represent the main P5 bosses?

Lust: Captain Falcon on Princess Peach's Castle (cf. the Castle)
Vanity: Bowser Junior on Mario Maker (because art? I dunno if there is a good Museum option)
Gluttony: Kirby and Wario on Shadow Moses Island (cf. the Bank)
Wrath: Giant Falco on Mushroomy Kingdom Omega-Form (cf. the Desert)
Greed: Two ROBS and King K Rool on Lylat Cruise (cf. the Spaceship)
Envy: Bayonetta on New Donk City (cf. the Casino)
Pride (Final Boss): Crazy Hand

I think that's a... decent selection? I dunno.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Well, we have 6 stages + a boss... Think we can cover the Seven Deadly Sins with the Smash cast using characters and stages to represent the main P5 bosses?

Lust: Captain Falcon on Princess Peach's Castle (cf. the Castle)
Vanity: Bowser Junior on Mario Maker (because art? I dunno if there is a good Museum option)
Gluttony: Kirby and Wario on Shadow Moses Island (cf. the Bank)
Wrath: Giant Falco on Mushroomy Kingdom Omega-Form (cf. the Desert)
Greed: Two ROBS and King K Rool on Lylat Cruise (cf. the Spaceship)
Envy: Bayonetta on New Donk City (cf. the Casino)
Pride (Final Boss): Crazy Hand

I think that's a... decent selection? I dunno.
I feel like out of all the bosses so far, Dracula is the only one that comes anywhere close to being a reasonable stand in for Shido. Maybe there will be another one we don't know about that would fit better. Or what about Ganondorf and Ratholos? Ganondorf is Shido and Ratholos is the monster he rides.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I feel like out of all the bosses so far, Dracula is the only one that comes anywhere close to being a reasonable stand in for Shido. Maybe there will be another one we don't know about that would fit better. Or what about Ganondorf and Ratholos? Ganondorf is Shido and Ratholos is the monster he rides.
We pray there's a Senator Armstrong boss
They are? Not that I'd hate such news but where's this coming from?
There's the survey from earlier this year pointing towards P6 at the very least going to the Switch. I'd be shocked if Sega left Switch money on the table though

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
A recent redit poll with over 6000 votes showed a list of the top 50 dlc choices. Joker made the list at number 49. On one hand, I'm happy he made the list at all. Atlus reps were probably split between him, Frost, Narukame, and a mainline SMT protagonist, so there's probably even more support there than we saw. On the other hand, he got barely beaten by King Boo, and he got his butt kicked by Steve and Sans. Overall it's good news I think. Top 50 is significant with how many third parties people could pick.

Edit: I forgot to mention that most of the characters that made the list we're deconfirmed first party characters like Waluigi and Skull Kid, as well as Grinch leak characters like Mach rider and chorus kids. There were only a few other third parties on the list. Popular picks like Geno, Banjo and Sora, with a few frequently mentioned ones like Monster Hunter and Doom Slayer. It's honestly a pretty elite list with a couple of exceptions.
If it's any consolation, back before Rosalina was confirmed in Smash 4, her support thread was somewhere under 5 pages long and no one really considered her at the time. And don't even get me started on cases like Wii Fit, Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr., who were hella unlikely at the time. I may be comparing apples and oranges but not every character needs to have a legion of rallying support to be considered.

I'm curious to see if you could link that poll in particular. I can probably expect the majority of the results to have been tainted by sheeple following the trash that leakers spew out but I'd like to see who else made top 50.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
If it's any consolation, back before Rosalina was confirmed in Smash 4, her support thread was somewhere under 5 pages long and no one really considered her at the time. And don't even get me started on cases like Wii Fit, Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr., who were hella unlikely at the time. I may be comparing apples and oranges but not every character needs to have a legion of rallying support to be considered.

I'm curious to see if you could link that poll in particular. I can probably expect the majority of the results to have been tainted by sheeple following the trash that leakers spew out but I'd like to see who else made top 50.
These are the results. I had a link to the Reddit page but I can't find it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I had an idea for a victory theme.

It could start off with a remix of the chimes from Shin Megami Tensei If:
And then transition into a remix of the Persona 5 clear theme, for the sake of this I chose the one from Dancing in Starlight just cause I feel like in the context of Smash it fits pretty well as a remix:

Top Bottom