• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
These are the results. I had a link to the Reddit page but I can't find it.
To summarize, the third parties Joker lost to are

Banjo, Geno, Sora, Rayman, Steve, Shantae, Phoenix Wright, Crash Bandicoot, Shadow, Doom Slayer, Monster Hunter, Lloyd Irving, Tails, Master Chief, Sans, Amaterasu, Spyro, Layton, Chrono, Dante, Hollow Knight, Travis, Shovel Knight, Eggman, and Heihachi.

He beat out every other third party in the world. Even a Dragon Quest character.

Overall a respectable list. Honestly, Joker just being included on this list alongside all these popular characters is very good.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Banjo, Geno, Sora, Rayman, Steve, Shantae, Phoenix Wright, Crash Bandicoot, Shadow, Doom Slayer, Monster Hunter, Lloyd Irving, Tails, Master Chief, Sans, Amaterasu, Spyro, Layton, Chrono, Dante, Hollow Knight, Travis, Shovel Knight, Eggman, and Heihachi.

He beat out every other third party in the world. Even a Dragon Quest character.

Overall a respectable list. Honestly, Joker just being included on this list alongside all these popular characters is very good.
I'm surprised he placed at all. I thought he'd be seen as a pipe dream or even a "joke" pick. Considering a lot of my most-wanted are on this list, that he even placed is awesome.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Re: Persona 5 on other platforms

It isn't under the Playstation exclusives section for the Black Friday digital sale.

hmmmmmmmm

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

It isn't under the Playstation exclusives section for the Black Friday digital sale.

hmmmmmmmm
Honestly it’s a bigger mystery why it hasn’t been ported to Switch yet, like we know it works perfectly fine on the Switch and there’s a ton of demand for a Switch port so I don’t see why Atlus and SEGA have been so hesitant.

Honestly I’d play through the whole game again on Switch if we could get a port, and yes this includes going through Okumura’s Palace two times.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Switch might be getting the Person 5 Golden when that comes around. They're about to come out with Dancing and there's no doubt that Persona 5 Arena is on the horizon.
All in due time, gentlemen.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
A recent redit poll with over 6000 votes showed a list of the top 50 dlc choices. Joker made the list at number 49. On one hand, I'm happy he made the list at all. Atlus reps were probably split between him, Frost, Narukame, and a mainline SMT protagonist, so there's probably even more support there than we saw. On the other hand, he got barely beaten by King Boo, and he got his butt kicked by Steve and Sans. Overall it's good news I think. Top 50 is significant with how many third parties people could pick.

Edit: I forgot to mention that most of the characters that made the list we're deconfirmed first party characters like Waluigi and Skull Kid, as well as Grinch leak characters like Mach rider and chorus kids. There were only a few other third parties on the list. Popular picks like Geno, Banjo and Sora, with a few frequently mentioned ones like Monster Hunter and Doom Slayer. It's honestly a pretty elite list with a couple of exceptions.
This is important. Deconfirmed characters out the way (not including spirits), Joker lands right in at 40. Porky is likely to be a boss again, and I think Eggman probably will be too. This puts him near 38.

King Boo has been gaining a lot more traction than you'd think too. He seems to be pretty popular around GameFAQs and Reddit so this isn't anything horribly unusual. A lot of these seem very unlikely though, choices like Sans, Sceptile, Master Chief, Marx, Hector, and Crono.

All in all, I think due to more leaks and different things from Hitagi, Joker is surprisingly likely to pop in the DLC.

amageish

Smash Master

Not bad at all, though obviously the survey isn't completely representative of all global Smash fans of all ages. It is great that he's not just a pipe dream in many minds nowadays.

hmmmmmmmm
That is especially odd given how they list LEGO Marvel Superheroes as a "PlayStation Hit." That game is the exact opposite of an exclusive - its basically on every system that could run it...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Not bad at all, though obviously the survey isn't completely representative of all global Smash fans of all ages. It is great that he's not just a pipe dream in many minds nowadays.

That is especially odd given how they list LEGO Marvel Superheroes as a "PlayStation Hit." That game is the exact opposite of an exclusive - its basically on every system that could run it...
PlayStation Hit is just the budget rerelease line. I know Doom 2016, Injustice 1, Arkham Knight and Battlefield 4 are all there as well.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Oooooooh. Oops. Where is the PS Exclusive Black Friday sale then?
PS store. Go to the black friday sale section, there's a subsection for exclusives. It's Spider-Man, God of War, Detroit, FireWall, Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, MLB The Show, and Track Lab.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
PS store. Go to the black friday sale section, there's a subsection for exclusives. It's Spider-Man, God of War, Detroit, FireWall, Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, MLB The Show, and Track Lab.
Ah, okay. That doesn't seem to be a section on the browser version... That said - those games are all published by Sony themselves (in America at least), with other PS4-exclusives such as Yakuza Kiwami 2 not being included.

So, maybe that means something, or maybe that means that Sony does not know that the word "exclusive" and "first-party title" are not synonyms.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Ah, okay. That doesn't seem to be a section on the browser version... That said - those games are all published by Sony themselves (in America at least), with other PS4-exclusives such as Yakuza Kiwami 2 not being included.

So, maybe that means something, or maybe that means that Sony does not know that the word "exclusive" and "first-party title" are not synonyms.
Koei Tecmo published Nioh. Also p sure all the Yakuza games on sale have planned Steam ports

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Switch might be getting the Person 5 Golden when that comes around. They're about to come out with Dancing and there's no doubt that Persona 5 Arena is on the horizon.
All in due time, gentlemen.
That's an interesting thought. Do you think they'll do a persona 5 golden? P5 is currently my favorite all time video game. I think the only things that could surpass it are P5 golden or maybe persona 6 considering 5 replaced 4 golden when it came out. My hype would be through the roof if we got something like that on the switch.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Persona 5 is basically perfect. Let Ren date Yusuke and I'll have no complaints. I'll buy it all over again on the Switch for that,

I mean...I'd buy it all over again on the Switch anyway. I technically own two copies, one digital and one physical, because Gamestop screwed up my preorder the first time and I couldn't wait to play it, so what's another copy of P5?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
let ren date sae

also goro

also accomplice ending where ren decides goro dong is better than friendship pls

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
That's an interesting thought. Do you think they'll do a persona 5 golden? P5 is currently my favorite all time video game. I think the only things that could surpass it are P5 golden or maybe persona 6 considering 5 replaced 4 golden when it came out. My hype would be through the roof if we got something like that on the switch.
It's only a matter of time. 3 and 4 got their portable upgraded ports. Now that Sony is out of the handheld market, Switch would be the viable choice.
This probably isn't in the cards for another year or so but I can see them still doing a lot with the Persona 5 name. I hope Arena gets announced next year.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Guess who number one is
I don't know who this is but saying persona 5 is the best video game = good man. I hope to see more and more support like this. And this guy has almost a million subs. That's some good exposure for our boy. Thanks for posting this!

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
of course a normie like Alpharad would be a Makoto fan.

In all seriousness, more exposure is always good, at least more people are aware of the character and may be intrigued by his design alone.

Honestly, I think Joker is one of those characters that even if you're a gamer who never played Persona, he is still a character subconsciously etched into their minds due to floating around a lot.

I can picture a lot of reactions from gamers who are unfamiliar with the series, then Joker pops up as a DLC character, and they're like "OH HIM!"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hmm... Perhaps there should be a Smashboards certified vote to see who is best girl among the community around here. That might be fun.

Also, I would love to voice my support.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Sae, Kawakami, and Haru are better girls.

Also Ann, Hifumi, Ohya and Takemi too.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Sae, Kawakami, and Haru are better girls.

Also Ann, Hifumi, Ohya and Takemi too.
Futaba is best girl. Kawakami is close second. Other than that I agree with this list completely. Except Ohya. Makoto is at least better than Ohya.

Last edited:

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Best girl is Tae Iunno what you're all on about.

Anyway, I have an idea. There's a lot of buzz about whether or not spirits deconfirm characters or not, and so far, a lot is pointing towards that being the case. If this is true, this GREATLY boosts Joker's chances, and in fact, I'd go so far to say that an ATLUS character is a lock at that point, and very well could be Joker.

Oh and beware, people are leaking stuff. Mostly music. I got the remix for Crocodile Cacophony and it sounds REALLY good.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Anyway, I have an idea. There's a lot of buzz about whether or not spirits deconfirm characters or not, and so far, a lot is pointing towards that being the case. If this is true, this GREATLY boosts Joker's chances, and in fact, I'd go so far to say that an ATLUS character is a lock at that point, and very well could be Joker.

Oh and beware, people are leaking stuff. Mostly music. I got the remix for Crocodile Cacophony and it sounds REALLY good.
What's pointing towards that? I haven't heard of any evidence other than speculation. And I agree if Atlus gets a character it will be Joker, but how does spirit deconfirmation make it a lock? I think I'm missing something.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
What's pointing towards that? I haven't heard of any evidence other than speculation. And I agree if Atlus gets a character it will be Joker, but how does spirit deconfirmation make it a lock? I think I'm missing something.
The fact that Sakurai stated "everyone EXCEPT the fighters get turned into spirits" in the direct makes it seem like a deconfirmation. At that point, who else would they really add? That kinda shoots Joker up with characters like Bandanna Dee or Elma out of the running.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The fact that Sakurai stated "everyone EXCEPT the fighters get turned into spirits" in the direct makes it seem like a deconfirmation. At that point, who else would they really add? That kinda shoots Joker up with characters like Bandanna Dee or Elma out of the running.
I think he's just talking about base game. Remember that Mewtwo and Lucas had trophies in smash 4 even though they were already being developed as dlc. And even if they do deconfirm characters, there are a lot of possible third parties not yet in the game who could come before Joker. I wouldn't count on him being in just yet.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
I think he's just talking about base game. Remember that Mewtwo and Lucas had trophies in smash 4 even though they were already being developed as dlc. And even if they do deconfirm characters, there are a lot of possible third parties not yet in the game who could come before Joker. I wouldn't count on him being in just yet.
Maybe you're right, but I feel like it's starting to make more sense.
Let's not forget that Nintendo let ATLUS partner with Fire Emblem, which Nintendo seems especially keen on jerking off every two seconds.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Maybe you're right, but I feel like it's starting to make more sense.
Let's not forget that Nintendo let ATLUS partner with Fire Emblem, which Nintendo seems especially keen on jerking off every two seconds.
This is a much bigger deal than people give it credit for. Tokyo Mirage Sessions is one of the reasons I think people are sleeping on Joker. I know it's branded as smt, but let's be honest, that game was persona with fire emblem characters. It was actually a lot more persona than it was fire emblem. The list of IPs that have crossovers with Nintendo (meaning crossover games not cameos) can be counted on one hand. I'm pretty sure it's just Rayman, Sonic, and Persona. Heck, if you consider tms#fe as much a persona game as a fire emblem game (it's actually more persona than fire emblem) then we have at least one persona spirit in the form of Tsubasa. This really is a huge point in Joker's favor. It's what makes him stand out from the pack over characters like Monster Hunter and Doom Slayer.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
This is a much bigger deal than people give it credit for. Tokyo Mirage Sessions is one of the reasons I think people are sleeping on Joker. I know it's branded as smt, but let's be honest, that game was persona with fire emblem characters. It was actually a lot more persona than it was fire emblem. The list of IPs that have crossovers with Nintendo (meaning crossover games not cameos) can be counted on one hand. I'm pretty sure it's just Rayman, Sonic, and Persona. Heck, if you consider tms#fe as much a persona game as a fire emblem game (it's actually more persona than fire emblem) then we have at least one persona spirit in the form of Tsubasa. This really is a huge point in Joker's favor. It's what makes him stand out from the pack over characters like Monster Hunter and Doom Slayer.
ATLUS seems to get the favor returned quite a bit. Radiant Historia and Strange Redux were advertised pretty well this year, and SMTV was a huge deal at the Switch showcase. I really think him, Monster Hunter, and Geno have a really good shot amongst other 3rd parties.

amageish

Smash Master
Haru > Futaba = Makoto > Ann, plus a bunch of non-party members I cannot be bothered to list.

IF spirits do deconfirm characters, which I doubt they do given how that would likely be 800-900 characters being deconfirmed at once, then I imagine the DLC would have to be all third parties and/or Nintendo IPs so new that they did not get a spirit (ex/ Dragalia Lost). So, yeah, ATLUS would be relatively likely...

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Oh by the way, would someone mind adding me to the supporter list?

In this for the long haul baby. They'll never see it coming.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Not that this affects Joker directly, but for anyone predicting one of the spots to go to Steve, Vergeban now says the Minecraft content is a boss and not a character, so that's one more open space for Joker. I also feel like this indirectly raises his chances because every expected character (probably) deconfirmed is good news for unexpected characters.

I can't add the link in because I'm on my crappy phone. I found it in the Geno thread, though you could also just got to Verg's gamefaqs profile.

Top Bottom