• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
You know, I wonder if the FeMC's Phantom Thief attire will be slightly diffrent. I think the basic cocept and theme of the look will stay the same, but it might be a bit differently colored. The mask will probably stay the same though.
Maybe some dark blue attire instead of Black? Or red perhaps

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wouldn't mind a pretty different femc, including hair color and clothes, but i'm still leaning to that it'll just be a swap. It's all good with me really, and I do hope they would change and add quite a bit, which could make me buy p5r. Still just really looking to what they actually really do in smash right now tho :)

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Maybe some dark blue attire instead of Black? Or red perhaps
I was thinking white, especially if her hair is white. Jokers suit being mostly black with red gloves is no accident, as it represents Jokers label from society and his search for his freedom. White could also represent societies label, as it goes hand in hand with black in the intro, which is filled with this sort of imagery.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I believe a femc would look quite a bit different from the mc, except for maybe the general look of the pt attire. Though would their initial persona be a genderbent arsene, or an entirely different one?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I believe a femc would look quite a bit different from the mc, except for maybe the general look of the pt attire. Though would their initial persona be a genderbent arsene, or entirely different?
It almost feels like it has to be. Each Persona is voiced by each characters actor, so to still have the male voice for Joker coming out of Arsene would be kinda out of place. What did they do with the P3 FeMC?

Last edited:

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
It almost feels like it has to be. Each Persona is voiced by each characters actor, so to still have the male voice for Joker coming out of Arsene would be kinda out of place. What did they do with the P3 FeMC?
The femc's persona in 3 was a genderbent Orpheus. Though if I remember correctly, Orpheus didn't have any voiced lines except maybe in the animated cutscenes that aren't in portable.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dont think we can base ourselves on p3, because there's a lot more to change now. If they do change a lot, it's fine with me because that'll just get it more sales. I just think it could go either way. Maybe we need to place some bets :p

and on the personsa dfiferences, here:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
They'd probably bring in an entirely new Persona for a FeMC. But we'd need a female phantom thief and female trickster god for them. And given how Arsene plays a part in the story, there might need to be write-arounds

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
They'd probably bring in an entirely new Persona for a FeMC. But we'd need a female phantom thief and female trickster god for them. And given how Arsene plays a part in the story, there might need to be write-arounds
Replacing Arsene would be tough. Like, really tough, considering all the symbolism around him and his story purpose.

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
You'll also need an outfit to go with them. We've got Catburgular, Road Warrior, Femme Fatale, and High Tech Hacker lined up. What other stereotypes would there be?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You'll also need an outfit to go with them. We've got Catburgular, Road Warrior, Femme Fatale, and High Tech Hacker lined up. What other stereotypes would there be?
Well that's the thing, Joker's role is the thief and that can never change. It's too prominent in the very gameplay of the game itself.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Dark Pit was an alt that turned into his own character because they had free time.
Palutena's special treatment applies to Miis and Mega Man too.
"Most series" got nothing new? This is just plain incorrect.

Anyway, I can get being salty about this five years later (ok, I can't) but this has nothing to do with Persona. It's a third party owned series, "sakurai bias" won't magically give it more represantation.
Ugh, don't even get me started on the supposed "Sakurai bias" against new Kirby characters mantra.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am just wondering how the Smash community is going to meme the FeMC when she is revealed. As an avid s***poster, I am very curious to see what happens in that area.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I am just wondering how the Smash community is going to meme the FeMC when she is revealed. As an avid s***poster, I am very curious to see what happens in that area.
**** poster? nah your posts arent that bad :)
memes you say? ehh hope their fun at least if there's some.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
**** poster? nah your posts arent that bad :)
memes you say? ehh hope their fun at least if there's some.
Many Smash meme's are fun. Joker got some good ones, most prominently his mother and son relationship with Bayo and his constant flirting with the rest of the female cast.
As for my s***posting, I guess avid is not the right word to use. I do it only when it will have the most impact. I was pretty much 100% responsible for the Geno threads Sans memeing the other day.

Edit:
Just watched this video on the topic of the possible FeMC and I found some things very interesting. I personally did not know a female route was commented on when it came to P5.
Also, if it turns out he is right about the whole Ruby thing, that is going to be funny to me for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Replacing Arsene would be tough. Like, really tough, considering all the symbolism around him and his story purpose.
One of my friends suggested Irene Adler as the FeMC's persona, which would work somewhat well as an Arsene replacement (given how she's also socially trangressive, steals from/manipulates those in power, and is a rival of Sherlock Holmes). She's not perfect, but I dunno if there is a better option if they wanted to do something more then just recolouring Arsene.

Just watched this video on the topic of the possible FeMC and I found some things very interesting. I personally did not know a female route was commented on when it came to P5.
Also, if it turns out he is right about the whole Ruby thing, that is going to be funny to me for obvious reasons.
Thanks for sharing that! I liked a lot of his points, though the few basic factual inaccuracies (calling the P3 FeMC a "simple reskin" and discussing "Hashino and the team" when Hashino has left P-Team) definitely irked me...

I am slightly curious what they would/wouldn't change with regards to confidants though... The fact that confidants give you abilities related to the confidant would make them harder to replace then the social links of P3.

The Tower, Star, and Sun Confidants could probably be given all-new characters with not much difficulty (given how they'd only need to be good shots, good strategists, and good speakers, respectively), but I dunno about the rest... If you wrote new characters who have the same or similar jobs, then I suppose Fortune, Temperance, and Devil could also be replaced too. Maybe also Hanged Man and Death, but at that point it would feel a lot more like an AU then a second perspective on the same world, unless you had a new area to put alternate shops in.

Also, I feel like they'd keep Caroline and Justine? They're just more tied to the plot of P5 then Elizabeth was in P3, so I don't know if they'd just give you an equivalent male duo.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
One of my friends suggested Irene Adler as the FeMC's persona, which would work somewhat well as an Arsene replacement (given how she's also socially trangressive, steals from/manipulates those in power, and is a rival of Sherlock Holmes). She's not perfect, but I dunno if there is a better option if they wanted to do something more then just recolouring Arsene.

Thanks for sharing that! I liked a lot of his points, though the few basic factual inaccuracies (calling the P3 FeMC a "simple reskin" and discussing "Hashino and the team" when Hashino has left P-Team) definitely irked me...

I am slightly curious what they would/wouldn't change with regards to confidants though... The fact that confidants give you abilities related to the confidant would make them harder to replace then the social links of P3.

The Tower, Star, and Sun Confidants could probably be given all-new characters with not much difficulty (given how they'd only need to be good shots, good strategists, and good speakers, respectively), but I dunno about the rest... If you wrote new characters who have the same or similar jobs, then I suppose Fortune, Temperance, and Devil could also be replaced too. Maybe also Hanged Man and Death, but at that point it would feel a lot more like an AU then a second perspective on the same world, unless you had a new area to put alternate shops in.

Also, I feel like they'd keep Caroline and Justine? They're just more tied to the plot of P5 then Elizabeth was in P3, so I don't know if they'd just give you an equivalent male duo.
I think they are going to keep all the same confidant, but the context for several things will need to be changed. For instance, how are we going to get the Temperance confidant, considering that initiating it revolved around a very guy oriented thing? Also, how is Makoto's confidant going to go now that you are a girl rather than a guy, considering what you needed all that charisma for? Stuff like that.

amageish

Smash Master
I think they are going to keep all the same confidant, but the context for several things will need to be changed. For instance, how are we going to get the Temperance confidant, considering that initiating it revolved around a very guy oriented thing? Also, how is Makoto's confidant going to go now that you are a girl rather than a guy, considering what you needed all that charisma for? Stuff like that.
Things like the Temperance beginning is kind of why we got new social links in P3P - they were mostly replacing the social links of people it'd be unlikely for you to meet... I'm sure they could figure out a way to meet Temperance as per usual though, given how the multitude of skills you get from that link would be hard to recreate with any other character. Makoto's would also probably be rewritten quite a bit - maybe even being a different story about a different classmate.

The other thing is that you wouldn't have many husbando options if they keep the confidants the same. You'd have Yusuke, Ryuji, Mishima and maybe Akechi. Iwai, Yoshida, and especially Sojiro would all hopefully remain platonic. Shinya being romantic wouldn't be unprecedented, given how P3P let you date Ken for some godforesaken reason, but also hopefully they wouldn't do that again, as that was creepy AF. Otherwise, they could have a bunch of the female confidants come out of the closet to date a FeMC.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Things like the Temperance beginning is kind of why we got new social links in P3P - they were mostly replacing the social links of people it'd be unlikely for you to meet... I'm sure they could figure out a way to meet Temperance as per usual though, given how the multitude of skills you get from that link would be hard to recreate with any other character. Makoto's would also probably be rewritten quite a bit - maybe even being a different story about a different classmate.

The other thing is that you wouldn't have many husbando options if they keep the confidants the same. You'd have Yusuke, Ryuji, Mishima and maybe Akechi. Iwai, Yoshida, and especially Sojiro would all hopefully remain platonic. Shinya being romantic wouldn't be unprecedented, given how P3P let you date Ken for some godforesaken reason, but also hopefully they wouldn't do that again, as that was creepy AF. Otherwise, they could have a bunch of the female confidants come out of the closet to date a FeMC.
I think they will find a way to work with it. And while I agree that certain relationships should be off limits when it comes to the possible options, the only female characters you could not date in P5 were the ones that ranked up automatically. I can see them doing the same for the FeMC, which would ironically mean no Akechi, despite that being an obvious desire for many people.

Also, I bet Makoto is a FeMC option if they decide to pull some people out of the closet. Because of course she would.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I think they will find a way to work with it. And while I agree that certain relationships should be off limits when it comes to the possible options, the only female characters you could not date in P5 were the ones that ranked up automatically. I can see them doing the same for the FeMC, which would ironically mean no Akechi, despite that being an obvious desire for many people.

Also, I bet Makoto is a FeMC option if they decide to pull some people out of the closet. Because of course she would.
Fair! At minimum, I would assume that they would keep Sojiro platonic because YIKES; however, given how the original P5 let you date adult women, I could see P5R letting you date adult men... I also feel like Akechi being romantic is unlikely, unless they removed the auto-rank up.

I definitely agree about Makoto. Frankly, I feel like you could make any of the female party members bi/pan without it feeling like much of a retcon - it'd just be showing a side of themselves they didn't have a chance to show in the base game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I marathoned through a whole walkthrough of Persona 5, finishing up 10 minutes ago...and dammit you Phantom Thieves got Joker to win my over...

...looks like I have no choice but to play the character when he comes out...oh no this is totally gonna hurt me

C-G

Smash Journeyman
If they were to have a FeMC, the game would probably change thusly:

-They might change the opening with the police brutality. Physically abusing a high school girl might leave more of a sour taste in people's mouth
-Interactions with Kamoshida vaaaaaaaaaaastly different
-Kawakami confidant would probably change, at least in meeting.
-All the animated cutscenes would be altered.
-Sojiro treatment of MC different.
-The wacky trio of Mishima, Ryuji, and MC would probably change a bit. The dynamic would be off.
-New Personas

It'd be Futaba, since she's shown those leanings already

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If they were to have a FeMC, the game would probably change thusly:

-They might change the opening with the police brutality. Physically abusing a high school girl might leave more of a sour taste in people's mouth
-Interactions with Kamoshida vaaaaaaaaaaastly different
-All the animated cutscenes would be altered.
-Sojiro treatment of MC different.
-The wacky trio of Mishima, Ryuji, and MC would probably change a bit. The dynamic would be off.
-New Personas

-I think they won't. That's part of the reason you are the way you are during the interrogation, foggy memory and all.
-Definitely.
-The meeting is necessary to change, but we need to keep the same abilities. Thus, we still get maid service.
-Yup.
Probably. I don't imagine he will be as hard on the FeMC in the beginning as he was with MC Joker.
-I almost feel like that might not be a thing for the FeMC. What they would replace it with, I have no idea.
-Is that typical of a FeMC route?

Futaba going both ways is a high possibility, you are correct on that. There has been plenty of times where she has been distracted by the other girls for very perverted reasons.

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
You were foggy because of the truth serum.

Female Persona users have typically had female personas, with a few exceptions like Futaba's having no gender. Plus, it'd be weird for a FeMC's Persona to have a deep, manly voice with Arsene

osby

Smash Obsessed

Female Persona users have typically had female personas, with a few exceptions like Futaba's having no gender. Plus, it'd be weird for a FeMC's Persona to have a deep, manly voice with Arsene
They can just create a feminine Arsene like they did in P3P and call it a day.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Truth serum and police abuse kinda goes hand in hand.
I get that, I brought it up before after all. It just sounded like you were suggesting entirely new Personas separated from our FeMC.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Truth serum and police abuse kinda goes hand in hand.
I get that, I brought it up before after all. It just sounded like you were suggesting entirely new Personas separated from our FeMC.
Please drink some Monster Energy. heard it helps soothen the pain of a truth serum with its Boomer capabilities

amageish

Smash Master
I think it would depend on what sort of dyamic Ryuji had with the FeMC... They could maybe have the meeting be similar, but with the FeMC being the reasoned adult there to make sure nothing too crazy goes on?

Frankly, while I don't know if they would go this far, if we're only going to have ~5 datable male characters, then I could see them making quite a few characters bi. Futaba and Makoto both make sense to me for different reasons...

They would probably just have the FeMC's VA record the same dialogue if they kept Arsene.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I've no problem at all with some bi relationships. Maybe they could add possible romance between the males too, just to balance xD
Maybe an option to go either platonic or romance, how about that.
In regards to the ponytail thing, do you think they might use :ultzss: as a base? Again?
They'd use the base they used for regular Joker. Maybe they'd copy some hair animations from ZSS tho, sure.

amageish

Smash Master
I've no problem at all with some bi relationships. Maybe they could add possible romance between the males too, just to balance xD
Maybe an option to go either platonic or romance, how about that.
Yeah, it would be kind of weird if they let the FeMC date women and not the regular MC; however, they already did that in P3P... It would depend on whether or not they change the male route at all or if the only addition in P5R is a FeMC route.

Also, all characters have the option to be platonic or romantic. The only game that forced you into romantic relationships was the original Persona 3.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it would be kind of weird if they let the FeMC date women and not the regular MC; however, they already did that in P3P... It would depend on whether or not they change the male route at all or if the only addition in P5R is a FeMC route.

Also, all characters have the option to be platonic or romantic. The only game that forced you into romantic relationships was the original Persona 3.
They'd probably swap out select confidants for new characters to allow more romance options.

We'll be conservative and assume no female options are available. Of the existing options for female dating options, that would be all the phantom thieves + Mishima. The easiest ones to swap out would probably be Sun, Tower, Star, as they neither really appear in the main story, nor are they unique in what bonuses they provide. Let's be generous and assume those three can swap. This brings us to 7 Romance options. Original MC had 9. It's not a terrible number, and there's also the chance of Aeon showing up as a new confidant for dating as well.

Also, if I'm being honest, as is the male Phantom Thieves are the less interesting/cool ones. Yusuke is consistently having his head in the clouds, Ryuji's slightly better Yosuke, and Akechi is.......well.....damaged. Also Mishima's a loser. Not exactly prime choices

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

And even then the women you could date as P3 FeMC was a being that is very separated from reality(And that was not exactly a social link) and a robot. I can assume that Atlus figured that they would not count as much in this regard.
Also, if I'm being honest, as is the male Phantom Thieves are the less interesting/cool ones. Yusuke is consistently having his head in the clouds, Ryuji's slightly better Yosuke, and Akechi is.......well.....damaged. Also Mishima's a loser. Not exactly prime choices
I feel like you are not giving these boys enough credit. Except Akechi. He is certainly damaged. Also he may not even be an option due to his confidant being automatic.

amageish

Smash Master
They'd probably swap out select confidants for new characters to allow more romance options.

We'll be conservative and assume no female options are available. Of the existing options for female dating options, that would be all the phantom thieves + Mishima. The easiest ones to swap out would probably be Sun, Tower, Star, as they neither really appear in the main story, nor are they unique in what bonuses they provide. Let's be generous and assume those three can swap. This brings us to 7 Romance options. Original MC had 9. It's not a terrible number, and there's also the chance of Aeon showing up as a new confidant for dating as well.

Yeah, I mentioned those three as the easiest to adapt earlier... I do also think that Devil and Fortune could be replaced, if they had new characters with similar vocations (Devil just needs to be someone with public sway in a media position and Fortune... well, would still have to be a fortune teller). Aeon is also possible, though historically they've always added a new waifu for marketablity, so that's not worth much if they only let you be straight.

I like the male Phantom Thieves... They'd all be pretty easy to make romantic without changing much in their confidants either.

And even then the women you could date as P3 FeMC was a being that is very separated from reality(And that was not exactly a social link) and a robot. I can assume that Atlus figured that they would not count as much in this regard.
True as well. If memory serves, they're also characters you cannot befriend without dating, so they are literally copy-pasting the male P3 route...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
True as well. If memory serves, they're also characters you cannot befriend without dating, so they are literally copy-pasting the male P3 route...
You can actually reject Elizabeth's invitation to do... Well... Her. Aigis is mostly unchanged when it comes to dialogue, though there is a notable amount of gayngst added in due to her assumption that because the FeMC is female, she would not reciprocate her feelings.

amageish

Smash Master
You can actually reject Elizabeth's invitation to do... Well... Her. Aigis is mostly unchanged when it comes to dialogue, though there is a notable amount of gayngst added in due to her assumption that because the FeMC is female, she would not reciprocate her feelings.
Ahhhhh, okay. Interesting! I did not remember that. Even if Aigis is a robot, them acknowledging the culturally-transgressive notion of the relationship is a good sign for the future.

Top Bottom