• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

The guy that made that "leak" is clearly very salty about Joker's inclusion.
It made my morning.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My opinion on this leak?

e8a.gif

I bet this idiot didn't even know about Sakurai hugging Morgana.

>SE never ever allowing DLC characters for Smash again
It's like he WANTS everyone to be his enemy.

Man, if only all fake leaks were this easy to spot.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77382917

I just want you all to read this "leak" thread. Not for the leak itself, but for the fact that the "leaker" is claiming a few things:

1. Sakurai is irritated because Nintendo "forced" him to add Joker
  2. Sakurai doesn't actually like the Persona series, and in fact complained during his entire P5 playthrough
  3. The only Persona game Sakurai has played is P3, and even then he only played a bit of it before getting bored
Point and laugh, my friends. Point and laugh.
It's hard to even get past the idea of Neptunia characters and Nintendo lying about DLC characters being chosen already, goddamn. XD

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993

StormC

Smash Hero
Dungeon 7. It's a long one!

I've never felt more vulnerable in a video game than I am when I turn into a mouse. Terrifying.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Been silently lurking in this thread since my first post back when Joker got confirmed, and now that StormC has gotten to the 7th palace I wanna remark on how climactic and awesome the music for it is.

Perfect for washing dishes and feeling ~powerful~

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Hey guys hopefully you don't mind me asking here but I'm on my first play through of Persona 5 and I'm on the 3rd dungeon.

So I unlocked the way to power up your personas in the velvet room and I thought that it would be fun to grab Arsene again since he had been long merged and try to power him up using that. What I found though is after two 20+ personas, one of which was a Fool, he was just level 11. On top of that he didn't have any more skills showing for Next. Is there no point to leveling him up then?

I'm relatively unspoiled on the game so spoiler free help would be great if possible lol.

EDIT: unrelated but also I feel like I need to tell someone this and my friends don't care about RPGs, I'm having a blast playing Persona 5 but the one thing driving me nuts so far is how impatient my team is. Like guys chill we still have 15 days left and we're over halfway though the dungeon, I need a day off to make some money since you all burn though health crap like candy.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Made a poll
Is the joke that Makoto isn't on it because she would win in a landslide?

shocktarts17 shocktarts17 , the most important thing for a Persona is their stats and moves. If they're outclassed by others, there isn't any point in keeping them. They do run out of moves to learn sooner than later. At best you might hold onto a Persona for certain resistances, but otherwise, after a certain point they will no longer be useful.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So happy to see Futaba voted as the undisputed best girl with a whopping 2 votes!

Edit: Why is Sae on that poll? She's not even a romance option.

Edit 2: No Makoto either? Harsh, But not unjustified.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Is the joke that Makoto isn't on it because she would win in a landslide?
That is what I am guessing. I don't think that would be the case though, as people have not discussed Makoto that much. She should still probably be there, just because all options should be available. And that is coming from some one who does not consider her best girl.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Hey guys hopefully you don't mind me asking here but I'm on my first play through of Persona 5 and I'm on the 3rd dungeon.

So I unlocked the way to power up your personas in the velvet room and I thought that it would be fun to grab Arsene again since he had been long merged and try to power him up using that. What I found though is after two 20+ personas, one of which was a Fool, he was just level 11. On top of that he didn't have any more skills showing for Next. Is there no point to leveling him up then?

I'm relatively unspoiled on the game so spoiler free help would be great if possible lol.
No point in leveling up Arsene right now. Many low level personas stop learning skills quickly. Later you can build him up nicely by sacrificing other personas to him to inherit better skills and condition his stats however you want them. Late game, pretty much any persona can be good, as sacrifice skills allow you to customize them any way you want, and low level personas are better because you have more control over their stats. What makes them good or bad is mostly their weaknesses and resistances. But right now, you should focus on fusing better personas rather than leveling them up because the leveling is very very slow. Fusing is much more efficient.
That is what I am guessing. I don't think that would be the case though, as people have not discussed Makoto that much. She should still probably be there, just because all options should be available. And that is coming from some one who does not consider her best girl.
I think the joke is that there's no way Makoto is best girl. Robertman really hates Makoto.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
tbh it's less hate and more a lot of her fans are obnoxious

This is the clown you guys trusted with the Joker thread?
Less trusted and more I made it minutes after PQ2 was announced

I'll Makoto later tonight though

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
tbh it's less hate and more a lot of her fans are obnoxious

Less trusted and more I made it minutes after PQ2 was announced

I'll Makoto later tonight though
It's first come, first serve when it comes to threads after all. Heck, the one thread I have made, Peachette, was made 2 days after her reveal, a time when Bowsette was only a twinkle in Haniwa's eye. Kinda funny how things worked out there.

Also, good to know on the Makoto thing. Not the biggest Makoto fan(She is around the middle of my personal rankings), just feel every option should be available.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So happy to see Futaba voted as the undisputed best girl with a whopping 2 votes!

Edit: Why is Sae on that poll? She's not even a romance option.

Edit 2: No Makoto either? Harsh, But not unjustified.
I personally like Makoto a lot as a character, just not as a romance option.

D

Deleted member

I see your joke and answer with 'Hifumi'; the girl who was once considered to join the Phantom thieves before they decided the game was long enough already and relegated her to just being a Confidant lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
That choice was a toughy. I rly like Sae as a character. But in game I would choose Makoto or Haru as Romance Option.
Anyways voted for Sae since I like her a lot PLUS I still respect that she endured the whole story which sounds like BS just after roughly 10 mins or so lol.

Black Link521

Smash Cadet
Makoto fans really ARE the worst. They deserve no sympathy.
I don't think that's fair to say, while yes there are a number of people who prefer Makoto and act as if they're judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to romance options, isn't majority of the entire Persona fanbase at opposites about male and female character preference anyway? As long as someone isn't speaking about specifically your personal choice/taste negatively, I see no reason devalue their personal opinions either.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that's fair to say, while yes there are a number of people who prefer Makoto and act as if they're judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to romance options, isn't majority of the entire Persona fanbase at opposites about male and female character preference anyway? As long as someone isn't speaking about specifically your personal choice/taste negatively, I see no reason devalue their personal opinions either.
Tell that to all the Makoto fans who hound at ANY thread dedicated to any other girl and they'll say how their precious queen ****s on their best girl any day. And DON'T get me started on Futaba threads and what they do to Futaba fans...

amageish

Smash Master
Well, it turns out a casual waifu war is the real way to get the Joker board talking... Woo...

That said, Haru's cool. Hoping we get more of her in future spin-offs... Here's some art of Haru!Kirby.

StormC

Smash Hero
I like that there are people who get personally offended over other people's choices regarding high school girls in a dating sim.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, it turns out a casual waifu war is the real way to get the Joker board talking... Woo...

That said, Haru's cool. Hoping we get more of her in future spin-offs... Here's some art of Haru!Kirby.

Still beats all the talk about Schrodinger's Erdrick design, or the general's monthly forays into Pokémon.

Nice to see some good crossover fan art of my third fave girl though.

D

Deleted member

Makoto is my favorite character in P5 aside from Joker and I romanced her real quick.
If you don't like her, that's fine but I rather not see hostility towards Makoto fans and I am not hostile either. All women in P5 are queens.

Anyways, I was thinking about possible Spirit battles and here is what I have:
Joker (Shujin)
Character: Joker (duh)
Stage: Whatever the P5 stage is
Conditions: Enemy tends to avoid conflict, enemy will have increased stats when health is lowered

Ryuji
Character: Pikachu
Stage: Dracula's Castle (Battlefield)
Conditions: Enemy starts with Ore Club, floor is electrified, enemy is slower but sometimes has uncontrollable speed.

Ann
Character: Zero Suit Samus
Conditions: Enemy tends to use side special, floor is on fire

Morgana
Character: Incineroar
Stage: Dracula's Castle
Conditions: Dangerously high winds are in effect, enemy tends to be distracted by items, hostile Assist Trophies (Kapp'n) are in effect

Yusuke
Character: Chrom
Stage: Moray Towers (Battlefield)
Conditions: Enemy tends to taunt a lot, floor is covered in ice, hostile Assist Trophies (Vince) are in effect

Makoto
Character: Ryu
Stage: Midgar (no hazards)
Conditions: Enemy is passive at the beginning, when health is low enemy's stats increase

Futaba
Character: Inkling
Stage: Gerudo Desert
Condition: Enemy tends to avoid conflict, enemy is distracted by items

Haru
Character: Villager (Female)
Stage: Fourside
Condition: Enemy tends to use down special, enemy starts with Steel Diver

Akechi
Characters: Shulk, Bowser, and King K. Rool
Stage: Pirate Ship
Conditions: Enemy starts with Ray Gun, enemy becomes more powerful when health is lowered, reinforcements will appear

D

Deleted member

The game really did kind of steer you towards Makoto, but I ended up going with Hifumi because her Confidant abilities were extremely useful. Plus, who am I to turn down a girls invite to a beach walk in Hawaii?

I was kind of surprised how quickly Haru seemed to take to the protagonist, too, though. Like, she was just immediately ready to go for him it seemed lol. She definitely had the best Phantom Thieves costume, so its hard to discount her. Top three for me would probably be Hifumi, Haru, Makoto. (Despite that though, my 2nd run through that I abused with Satanael, I had Ohya as a gf lol).

On my first run through the game, I didn't max out many confidants (mostly because I didnt know what i was doing), but on my second, I got to a lot more and it was cool seeing how much a lot of them were trying to help the protagonist in the end. Like Ohya was really searching hard to help him get of Jail; it looked like she might have been the one to find the girl in the original lawsuit that got him on Probation to begin with since the background for that scene was his hometown. I think my favorite scene though (of the ones I had maxed out) was seeing Iwai talking with his Yakuza connections to make sure nobody messed with the protagonist while he was in jail; that was awesome lol.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I didn't even know that people can get that upset when it comes to romance options in Persona or video games in general lol.

Makoto is my favorite female character besides Sae and Haru in P5, but I don't know why certain people seem to hate on other people because they like another character. I'd just ignore those type of people and enjoy the game how you want regardless :) When it comes to romance options in games such as Persona, there is no right or wrong since it's a PREFERENCE. Just like in RL lol.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Cleared dungeon 7 last night. I did it all in one day in-game, so having all the accomplishments roll in at once was extremely satisfying.

So... am I too late to make this joke?

Makoto is my favorite character in P5 aside from Joker and I romanced her real quick.
If you don't like her, that's fine but I rather not see hostility towards Makoto fans and I am not hostile either. All women in P5 are queens.

Anyways, I was thinking about possible Spirit battles and here is what I have:
Joker (Shujin)
Character: Joker (duh)
Stage: Whatever the P5 stage is
Conditions: Enemy tends to avoid conflict, enemy will have increased stats when health is lowered

Ryuji
Character: Pikachu
Conditions: Enemy starts with Ore Club, floor is electrified, enemy is slower but sometimes has uncontrollable speed.

Ann
Character: Zero Suit Samus
Conditions: Enemy tends to use side special, floor is on fire

Morgana
Character: Incineroar
Stage: Dracula's Castle
Conditions: Dangerously high winds are in effect, enemy tends to be distracted by items, hostile Assist Trophies (Kapp'n) are in effect

Yusuke
Character: Chrom
Stage: Moray Towers (Battlefield)
Conditions: Enemy tends to taunt a lot, floor is covered in ice, hostile Assist Trophies (Vince) are in effect

Makoto
Character: Ryu
Stage: Midgar (no hazards)
Conditions: Enemy is passive at the beginning, when health is low enemy's stats increase

Futaba
Character: Inkling
Stage: Gerudo Desert
Condition: Enemy tends to avoid conflict, enemy is distracted by items

Haru
Character: Villager (Female)
Stage: Fourside
Condition: Enemy tends to use down special, enemy starts with Steel Diver

Akechi
Characters: Shulk, Bowser, and King K. Rool
Stage: Pirate Ship
Conditions: Enemy starts with Ray Gun, enemy becomes more powerful when health is lowered, reinforcements will appear
I want Morgana's Spirit Battle to have a sleep inducing battlefield.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Cleared dungeon 7 last night. I did it all in one day in-game, so having all the accomplishments roll in at once was extremely satisfying.

So... am I too late to make this joke?

I want Morgana's Spirit Battle to have a sleep inducing battlefield.
It's never to late for nanomachines, son.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
This may have already been discussed before, but do you what's another amazing thing about Joker being in Smash? This pretty much means he's immortalized by virtue of being in Smash. Even if he doesn't return in the next installment: This will just make him the most recognizable of all Persona protagonists, perhaps more so than Yu Narukami because Joker will have the Smash community recognizing him regardless if he's OP, trash, whatever.

Persona 6 protagonist now has some huge shoes to fill that's for sure, gonna be hard to top the popularity of your predecessor who got into freaking Smash.

Top Bottom