• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
Scramble looks wild, I'm definitely picking it up.

Though, it's worth noting that Kasumi and Goro are suspiciously absent.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I wouldn't worry about that too much since the trailer looks like it's mostly focusing on the founding 4 Phantom Thieves.

And in Goro's case, they definitely can't show him since this takes place after the events of P5 lol. Maybe things change in P5R, but it wouldn't be wise to spoil that in a trailer for a spinoff.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I don't expect all of the P3 and p4 guys bit at least a few of them would be nice.
It would be great to see older versions of the investigation team.

Really makes you think about the continuity here, maybe they just aren't permanent members of the team? That would make sense.

KatKit

Smash Lord
For gameplay reasons and the fact that they won't have to change her design much (if at all), at the very least I expect to see Aigis (and different Velvet Room attendants). Regardless, I think a hypothetical P5 Arena will focus more on the crossover aspect (in the base game) than Scramble. I honestly think they'd make most P3/4 playable via DLC, and they might add a story campaign for it, too.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Considering how Arena games were pretty much stealth crossovers, I expect Scramble to be a lot more P5-focused. Everything we've seen so far comes from its lore.

Also, not sure if anyone noticed but Joker can switch Personas. Like everyone, he has his initial Persona but in one scene his UI has Silky. We also see the new girl's "Persona", which kinda looks like the block she came out of.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
It'd still be nice to at least see some p3 and p4 characters as base or dlc
It'd definitely be nice to see it and I hope for it for sure! I just have seen some people expecting a lot more then I think is realistic given the scales of previous Warriors IP crossovers...

As KatKit said, spoiling P5R via P5S trailer would be a bad move. I'd bet on them being the reason that the special edition box is currently not revealed TBH, as I wouldn't be shocked if it had the whole crew on it.

Alternatively, they may just pull a "Oh, too bad everyone couldn't make it on our fun beach trip today." and apparently this takes place during a summer vacation after P5. It'd be a good way to avoid having to confront P5R spoilers at all (and also save some popular characters for DLC, I suppose).

For gameplay reasons and the fact that they won't have to change her design much (if at all), at the very least I expect to see Aigis (and different Velvet Room attendants). Regardless, I think a hypothetical P5 Arena will focus more on the crossover aspect (in the base game) than Scramble. I honestly think they'd make most P3/4 playable via DLC, and they might add a story campaign for it, too.
Aigis is definitely the most-likely character I'd bet on if we got any P3/4 characters in the base game. I would love a story campaign for the 3/4 cast, especially if that meant some new older designs getting fantastic P5-style models... I'm excited for P5A a lot, but seeing the casts interact in a way that looks like P5 graphically would be extra special!

Also, I love how P5 gang is actually getting new outfits. It really makes it feel more like a proper sequel and less like a spin-off that just happens to take place after the main game, which is how games like Persona 4 Dancing All Night kind of felt to me...

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
P5S looks amazing! I, like most people, was expecting it to be a reskin of Dynasty Warriors with Persona as the base but it’s basically a sequel that keeps core elements of the original game and replaces turn based combat with hack n’ slash. Too bad it’s gonna take a while to be released outside of Japan if they’re not getting it till February. :(

Also, I find it kinda funny how Yakuza is going from action to turn based and now Persona is going from turn based to action.

D

Deleted member

Scramble looks a lot better in this trailer than during its reveal and I am more interested in what the roster will be like. I've seen theories that there will be representation from other games.
There is also the matter of this area, which looks suspiciously like a certain small town:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Not to say that we will get P3 and 4 characters will be on the roster of playable characters, but it's a possibility. I do hope we get P4 characters so that we can see them grown up, like the P3 cast in P4A. I hope that Adachi is playable and I wonder what direction they would take him.

I wouldn't worry about that too much since the trailer looks like it's mostly focusing on the founding 4 Phantom Thieves.
The founding four members are the ones with the most promotion for P5, so I am not surprised that they would be the first characters shown off. I am sure every Thief will have their time to shine in the story.

Considering this might take place after base P5 and not P5R, I assume that Kasumi won't be in the base game for this reason. Part of me thinks that Koei Tecmo didn't get too much insight in regards to P5R and I expect her to be DLC, maybe free DLC. As for pancake boy... they are definitely hiding him.
Since this takes place after P5 and we don't know what happened to him after Shido's Palace, they are probably going to come up with a reason why he survived. He's too popular to die. LOL

KatKit

Smash Lord
Yu (and Labrys) are feasible, and would open up the flood gates.

Since she has a poster and a news announcement in P5, I wouldn't be surprised if they ran into Rise.

Chie is in the police academy during the events of vanilla P5, so I think it'd be pretty funny if they run into her if they ever get in trouble with the law.

But yeah, so far, the focus seems P5-centric. Since Joker can use more than one Persona, he can theoretically take up a boatload of character slots. Like I said earlier, the other games characters might be post-launch DLC for the most part (P5 has a pretty big cast, especially if they allow a couple of confidants to join the fray, and we're getting at least one new character), but anything can happen. I actually expect Kasumi in the base game, but they gotta keep her secret for now since we don't know how her story ends.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I don't blame you. Not only is it a sequel, the new gameplay will be kinda refreshing, too. The Persona take on the musou genre arguably looks like the best version I've seen. And if this game has co-op, so help me God...

Though I'm still more hype for P5 Arena, and that doesn't even exist yet lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am hyped as all heck for Scramble between the fantastic new trailer and Koei's work in Ultimate Alliance 3 and DQ Heroes.

I will likely pick Royal on PS4 and Scramble on Switch.

amageish

Smash Master
Considering this might take place after base P5 and not P5R, I assume that Kasumi won't be in the base game for this reason. Part of me thinks that Koei Tecmo didn't get too much insight in regards to P5R and I expect her to be DLC, maybe free DLC. As for pancake boy... they are definitely hiding him.
Since this takes place after P5 and we don't know what happened to him after Shido's Palace, they are probably going to come up with a reason why he survived. He's too popular to die. LOL
I would be absolutely shocked if ATLUS split the timeline like that. I don't think Koei Tecmo would be given that much insight into P5R's plot, but I think the characters will either appear or be mentioned in some vague "Is anyone else coming?" "No, unfortunately. There is a big Detective and Rhythm Gymnast Convention going on in the Kansai region and they couldn't come" dialogue in the beginning. Then they may appear as DLC further down line.

Also, we already know Akechi appears post-Shido's palace in P5R, so he's in the same boat as Kasumi with potentially spoiling P5R by appearing.

Yu (and Labrys) are feasible, and would open up the flood gates.

Since she has a poster and a news announcement in P5, I wouldn't be surprised if they ran into Rise.

Chie is in the police academy during the events of vanilla P5, so I think it'd be pretty funny if they run into her if they ever get in trouble with the law.

But yeah, so far, the focus seems P5-centric. Since Joker can use more than one Persona, he can theoretically take up a boatload of character slots. Like I said earlier, the other games characters might be post-launch DLC for the most part (P5 has a pretty big cast, especially if they allow a couple of confidants to join the fray, and we're getting at least one new character), but anything can happen. I actually expect Kasumi in the base game, but they gotta keep her secret for now since we don't know how her story ends.
If I'm ranking likeliness, Yu and Aigis both strike me as more possible if they don't want all their hard work making the wild card a thing to go only into one character (assuming you can have a stock physical moveset for every one of the Wild Card's physical moves, with a unique persona skillset). Rise being playable in this would honestly be kind of funny, given how she wasn't even playable in her debut game. Chie as an officer would be very cool as well.

Yeah, my concern is practicality for sure. Hyrule Warriors began with 13 characters, with weapons allowing for more variation. Dragon Quest Heroes also began with 13, without moveset-alterting weapons. I'm not convinced Persona would get better treatment then Zelda or Dragon Quest did...

osby

Smash Obsessed
While I'll love any P3 and P4 characters, I'm in "P5-only until proven otherwise" camp for now, considering how Arena showed Aegis right from the start.

I'd love to be wrong, though.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Given that Fire Emblem Warriors featured Lyn and Celica, even though the game previously announced only characters from FE3, FE13, and FE14 would be in the game, I could reasonably see Earring Boy and Tatsuya alongside a few of the P3/4 cast (Makoto, Aigis, & a third char/Yu, a second char, and Teddie if I had to wager a guess). It's mostly going to be the Phantom Thieves, though.

Akechi and Kasumi, and the remaining members of SEES and the Investigation Team, are locks for DLC but I doubt they'll make base game. However, Akechi and Kasumi will be referenced in the base game, most likely, or at least Akechi if Kasumi doesn't exist.

I'm using FEW as a basis, but things might be different for P5S.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, there we go, black & white, clear as crystal, those who thought they'd get a port of base P5/The Royal have been proven wrong. This is definitely a sequel.

That being said, as indecisive as I am over picking between the PS4 and Switch versions of Scramble, I may lean towards the latter. Would be nice to accompany the Hyrule Warriors Legends and FE Warriors copies I got.

I don't blame you. Not only is it a sequel, the new gameplay will be kinda refreshing, too. The Persona take on the musou genre arguably looks like the best version I've seen. And if this game has co-op, so help me God...

Though I'm still more hype for P5 Arena, and that doesn't even exist yet lol.
And platformer gameplay is pretty novel for Musou in general. Who knew OF had it in them?

Yeah, my concern is practicality for sure. Hyrule Warriors began with 13 characters, with weapons allowing for more variation. Dragon Quest Heroes also began with 13, without moveset-alterting weapons. I'm not convinced Persona would get better treatment then Zelda or Dragon Quest did...
Aye, don't remind me, I'm still waiting for a hypothetical DQ Heroes III with Deborah in it.

At any rate, we can definitely be certain to get a few more P5 characters as playable beyond the usual suspects. I mean, Hyrule Warriors let you play as characters that you wouldn't expect to be able to fight.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Unless I have no choice but to go Switch, I've got a feeling I'll be picking this up for PS4. It'll go nicely with Dancing and Royal, though the OG game I have digital as it was really cheap.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm totally buying the Switch version, because all my other Warriors games are on Switch so my OCD would kill me.

Plus the pS4 version runs the risk of getting Censored in the west so there's that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm totally buying the Switch version, because all my other Warriors games are on Switch so my OCD would kill me.

Plus the pS4 version runs the risk of getting Censored in the west so there's that.
For me, I get Switch Musous for characters that are in Smash (except Heroes, the Switch ports for that are less optimized than the PS4 originals anyways), and PS4 Musous for the mainline series, though I might relent for WO4. Well, that and less achievements to do.

On a side note, I ain't buying WO4 until the Ultimate edition drops as physical (incidentally, that comes out on our end the same month Strikers drops).

Luckily, Strikers shouldn't have anything of too much concern compared to the stuff that was seen in Mirage Sessions (which is somehow being censored on both sides of the fence now).

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
For me, I get Switch Musous for characters that are in Smash (except Heroes, the Switch ports for that are less optimized than the PS4 originals anyways), and PS4 Musous for the mainline series, though I might relent for OW4. Well, that and less achievements to do.

On a side note, I ain't buying OW4 until the Ultimate edition drops as physical (incidentally, that comes out on our end the same month Strikers drops).

Luckily, Strikers shouldn't have anything of too much concern compared to the stuff that was seen in Mirage Sessions (which is somehow being censored on both sides of the fence now).
How much DLC does the PS4 version of Dragon quest heroes have? That might influence my desicion to pick it up.
(Kinda feels like there's a missed opportunity here to call that game Dragon Warriors like the old games lol)

Which one is OW4?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Outside of Hyrule Warriors, my biggest Musou experience is coming from Pirate Warriors 3 which is amazing as a One Piece fan.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Also, if anyone wants Attack On Titan, there is a Switch version for the full re-release of 2.

How much DLC does the PS4 version of Dragon quest heroes have? That might influence my desicion to pick it up.
(Kinda feels like there's a missed opportunity here to call that game Dragon Warriors like the old games lol)

Which one is OW4?
Warriors Orochi 4, sorry, got it reversed.

Well, it didn't have much, at least for DQH1.

https://koei.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Quest_Heroes/DLC

I believe that the Western release comes with that stuff packed in. Well, except the DQIII costumes and Slime weapons, unless you get a Day One or Slime edition, of course.

https://koei.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Quest_Heroes_II/DLC

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Outside of Hyrule Warriors, my biggest Musou experience is coming from Pirate Warriors 3 which is amazing as a One Piece fan.
Picked that one up during a recent sale on the Eshop, it's so good.

Also, if anyone wants Attack On Titan, there is a Switch version for the full re-release of 2.

Warriors Orochi 4, sorry, got it reversed.

Well, it didn't have much, at least for DQH1.

https://koei.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Quest_Heroes/DLC

I believe that the Western release comes with that stuff packed in. Well, except the DQIII costumes and Slime weapons, unless you get a Day One or Slime edition, of course.

https://koei.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Quest_Heroes_II/DLC
Ah, cool. Guess I'll pick it up when I can.

amageish

Smash Master
Given that Fire Emblem Warriors featured Lyn and Celica, even though the game previously announced only characters from FE3, FE13, and FE14 would be in the game, I could reasonably see Earring Boy and Tatsuya alongside a few of the P3/4 cast (Makoto, Aigis, & a third char/Yu, a second char, and Teddie if I had to wager a guess). It's mostly going to be the Phantom Thieves, though.

Akechi and Kasumi, and the remaining members of SEES and the Investigation Team, are locks for DLC but I doubt they'll make base game. However, Akechi and Kasumi will be referenced in the base game, most likely, or at least Akechi if Kasumi doesn't exist.

I'm using FEW as a basis, but things might be different for P5S.
True, FEW did have an abnormally-large starting roster (23 characters), but it also had a lot of clones. I don't know if that would be possible for P5S, as no two characters share both the same weapons and the same fighting styles... Like, Ryuji and Kanji could hypothetically have similar fighting styles, but they have two very different weapons... I definitely agree with you that there will be DLC for the characters who are missing, but I really doubt we'll get that many characters from non-P5 games. I think we'll end up closer to the Dragon Quest roster, as everyone seemingly will have unique moves...

I'm thinking: 6 Phantom Thieves (as I think it explicitly noted that Futaba isn't playable as she's navigating? I read that somewhere, but it could be false information...), 2-3 OCs, 4 returning characters from P1-4. Maybe have those be characters logically investigating the thieves (police squad of Tatsuya, Chie, Akihiko, and Naoto? If they want a story justification for a random set of 4 returning cast members...)? Then have those characters mention their friends are on a quest of their own, selling said quests as DLC expansion packs...

Also, like...

Do we think they'll revive the P3 Protagonist for this game or save it for Arena? I'm torn. I'd love to see him back, but I also feel like bringing him back outside of an ArcSys game kind of does a disservice to the Arena story they've been building up to...

Aye, don't remind me, I'm still waiting for a hypothetical DQ Heroes III with Deborah in it.

At any rate, we can definitely be certain to get a few more P5 characters as playable beyond the usual suspects. I mean, Hyrule Warriors let you play as characters that you wouldn't expect to be able to fight.
Very fair! I was surprised to see Bianca and Nera without her as well, but I guess the DS remake wasn't as popular? DQ Heroes II choosing to cut characters kind of surprised me too...

Oh, that's an option I hadn't even considered... Watch as we get personaless confidants casually beating people up with coffee machines, feather dusters, and tarot cards... That would be awesome if it happens!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't hold my breath for Persona/Persona 2 content.

Persona 5 also had their uniforms and music as DLC and it didn't amount to anything.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Who do you guys think the mysterious figure at the end of the trailer is? I am kinda leaning on a shadow of some sort, but it could be any number of things.

amageish

Smash Master
Who do you guys think the mysterious figure at the end of the trailer is? I am kinda leaning on a shadow of some sort, but it could be any number of things.
Probably a shadow, though I wouldn't be shocked if we had a focus on bad human persona-users over shadows as villains this time... I doubt it's anyone we already know though.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Probably a shadow, though I wouldn't be shocked if we had a focus on bad human persona-users over shadows as villains this time... I doubt it's anyone we already know though.
Actually, in a sub of the trailer, Ryuji did call it a fake. The figure does kinda sound like Japanese Ryuji(May be wrong, I can have difficulty telling voices at times), and there is little reason to both hide and highlight this figure if it's not someone we know.

amageish

Smash Master
Actually, in a sub of the trailer, Ryuji did call it a fake. The figure does kinda sound like Japanese Ryuji(May be wrong, I can have difficulty telling voices at times), and there is little reason to both hide and highlight this figure if it's not someone we know.
Ahhhhhhhh, okay. I somehow didn't think to check the subtitled trailer... Oops!

In that case, yeah, evil clones is kind of a staple of Warriors games anyway haha.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ahhhhhhhh, okay. I somehow didn't think to check the subtitled trailer... Oops!

In that case, yeah, evil clones is kind of a staple of Warriors games anyway haha.
Does save on budget, I imagine. I guess that may be another reason Futaba ain't playable, as we already dealt with her shadow in P5.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
A part of me wants to believe It’s got something to do with Akechi but that might not be the case heh.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I saw Persona 5 dancing for cheap, it's pretty good. Don't know why I avoided this one for so long

amageish

Smash Master
I saw Persona 5 dancing for cheap, it's pretty good. Don't know why I avoided this one for so long
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I think it's a pretty fantastic rhythm game, honestly. P5 has great music.

This just came out.

Why do you guys think they are keeping it hidden?
At this point, it must spoil some sort of relationship she has with someone - be it a new villain or an existent character...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
At this point, it must spoil some sort of relationship she has with someone - be it a new villain or an existent character...
I am thinking about the same thing, though I suspect it might relate to a certain theory about what will happen that you and I have discussed a lot in the past.

Last edited:
Top Bottom