• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hidden Crisis: No Secret Characters from Melee or 64

Boofer

Smash Ace
I'm thinking that any characters that have ever previously been unlockable in Smash Bros. will revert back to that. The only reasoning I have behind it is the fact that we haven't had one previously unlockable vet so far. =/
Yeah, and based on that, my optimistic guess is that this could mean that we haven't seen any secret characters at all besides maybe Sonic and Snake.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I honestly can't even remember.
See, exactly my point, and I'm too lazy at the moment to try and find out. That website is beneath me until somebody that will kick@$$ is confirmed. Somebody like Dark Samus, but hey, if he gives us a lame confirmation like I dunno, another pokemon trainer, then I'm setting C4 explosives all over each and every Nintendo facilites in the world!! Or something like that.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for kickass characters to be revealed on the dojo. I honestly think we'll find most of them out from an outside source, because the ones that we've all been waiting for will most likely be secrets.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for kickass characters to be revealed on the dojo. I honestly think we'll find most of them out from an outside source, because the ones that we've all been waiting for will most likely be secrets.
We've got Ike, Link, and Pit, & they're pretty kick@$$, but they lack that villianous bad@$4 appeal about them.

Outside sources aren't that reliable and if they do tell us something, it's nothing more than a rumor or just speculation. That is until it's confirmed on the Dojo, Ign, Electronic Gaming Monthy, or something like that.

tutter

Smash Apprentice
BRO, chill the guns. IN the end all of our speculation// guessing won't change the game. I'm sure Sakurai is not leafing through smashboards.com to please or every wish. Anticipation creates so much emotions, we need to find a better place to use our energy towards.

Boofer

Smash Ace
BRO, chill the guns. IN the end all of our speculation// guessing won't change the game. I'm sure Sakurai is not leafing through smashboards.com to please or every wish. Anticipation creates so much emotions, we need to find a better place to use our energy towards.
True, but that's easier said than done. You can't turn off an "anticipation" switch in your brain.

Hell, I'm excited about Coro Coro even though I don't think we're going to get much new info :(.

tutter

Smash Apprentice
I agree, I must admit I check the dojo everyday when i wake up aprx. 30 seconds after i get on my feet each weekday. The things that some people come up with tho with all of their creative ideas inspired by anticipation are crazy.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
True, but that's easier said than done. You can't turn off an "anticipation" switch in your brain.

Hell, I'm excited about Coro Coro even though I don't think we're going to get much new info :(.
Unfortunately for me, I have more than one switch. I say three to four buttons marked "anticipation" are up there. :cool:

Bull! Sakurai should be for the people, by the people, and about the PEOPLE! It wouldn't hurt none to pop in once and awhile too see some of our ideas. Sheesh him and his developement team aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer when it comes to inginuity <---(spelled wrong it's late), creativity, and imagination.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I know many of you probably already know that the secret characters from Melee have yet to be announced. That's Game & Watch, Young Link, Ganondorf, Falco, Pichu, Roy, Marth, Dr. Mario, and Mewtwo. The same thing goes for the 64's line up of secret characters. No Luigi, Capt Falcon, Jiggly, or Ness. This can't be some kind of concidence. I'm getting extremely worried about this seeing how the roster of characters on Brawl is incomplete and the release date is drawing near. Che.....darn Sakurai and his mindgames.

Well what do you think of this guys? Discuss.
Because that would spoil the game for smash 64 and Melee. Not everyone has unlocked those characters yet.

OMFG WTF?! MEWTWO IS IN SSBM?!!?!!!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Because that would spoil the game for smash 64 and Melee. Not everyone has unlocked those characters yet.

OMFG WTF?! MEWTWO IS IN SSBM?!!?!!!
Hahahahaha! Nice!

@ShortFuse, I'm not at all excited over old repetitive news. This is getting a bit damb ridiculous! We already knew that freakin stage was going to be on the game from the trailors! For heavens sakes man, save these **** ******* updates for losers who will still be looking at the DOJO when Brawl comes out in Feb. (this does not apply to overseas countries that will be getting it in late June.)

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Hahahahaha! Nice!

@ShortFuse, I'm not at all excited over old repetitive news. This is getting a bit damb ridiculous! We already knew that freakin stage was going to be on the game from the trailors! For heavens sakes man, save these **** ******* updates for losers who will still be looking at the DOJO when Brawl comes out in Feb. (this does not apply to overseas countries that will be getting it in late June.)
Keep in mind not everyone went to E for all and we weren't even suppose to know about the things Gimpyfish and others relayed to us.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Keep in mind not everyone went to E for all and we weren't even suppose to know about the things Gimpyfish and others relayed to us.
Nuh uh, that Mario Kart stage is old news! Like like, relic antique old news. And it's not funny. In fact, it's irritating the crap outta me.

Even so, Gimpyfish was looking out for us bro. He's the man! He knows that if he didn't get that E for all info and pics n stuff, we would be speculating over the same stuff over, and over, and over, and over again. I'd be even more repetitve than that time in the bible in Deutromity <---spelled wrong/ when the Egyptians were wandering in a desert for 40 years.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Nuh uh, that Mario Kart stage is old news! Like like, relic antique old news. And it's not funny. In fact, it's irritating the crap outta me.

Even so, Gimpyfish was looking out for us bro. He's the man! He knows that if he didn't get that E for all info and pics n stuff, we would be speculating over the same stuff over, and over, and over, and over again. I'd be even more repetitve than that time in the bible in Deutromity <---spelled wrong/ when the Egyptians were wandering in a desert for 40 years.
Egyptians? What the hell?

Anyway, I'm all for a veteran character dump.
new characters ftw!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Egyptians? What the hell?

Anyway, I'm all for a veteran character dump.
new characters ftw!
You know what I mean bro. God/Moses's people being lead to the promise land, but because Moses struck the rock with his staff, his people had to suffer 40 yrs of being vagabonds.

All right, bible lesson over. For more visit the religion thread in the Pool Room.

Agreed, on Christmas Break, the week should consist of stricly character confirmations, namly 5 good ones! That'd be so pimp...:cool:

Psychoace

Smash Champion

But you were also referring to things we didn't know about until "moses" told us. I know mario circuit is old news, I guess I should have specified.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Some of them are coming back. You know Luigi will be in it. Ganondorf has a character design in Brawl and a voice actor, so he's in (with Sage sword, TP looks, and hopefully hovering ability zomgz!). Not much to worry about.

Kirby = starter, you heard it here first 743,934th.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently, there is a rumor started about only 30 characters in Brawl

This could be VERY bad for a lot of people's hopes for characters...

...Maybe even for some wanted returned characters...

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty covinced that there will be more than that, but if that doesn't turn otto be true, then I don't really think I'll mind that much. I mean, handful of the characters in Melee were copies of other characters, so if they are taken out and replaced with new characters or un-copycat-charcters, then thegame will stil feel fresh, regardless if we are only getting 30 characters.

As for he final character count, I think 35 is a reasonable number, though they could definately go hgher than that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty covinced that there will be more than that, but if that doesn't turn otto be true, then I don't really think I'll mind that much. I mean, handful of the characters in Melee were copies of other characters, so if they are taken out and replaced with new characters or un-copycat-charcters, then thegame will stil feel fresh, regardless if we are only getting 30 characters.

As for he final character count, I think 35 is a reasonable number, though they could definately go hgher than that.
I hope your right, but this 30 thing is apparently coming from like Japanese forums and stuff...

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
30 would not be the end of the world provided they are all unique characters. I mean I just don't want to see Roy with a new moveset, I want to see somebody completely new, perhaps Sukapon for example.

You did get someone knew. You got Ike. He's like Roy but a different character model with pumped up moves. But I know what you mean. Id rather see a pimped out Peppy Ohare rather than a funkdified Falco.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Ganondorf has fast attacks though, unlike Ike...

He's more like Roy because his attacks speed compared to Marth...
Ok, true.

Hopefully Ganondorf will now be like Ike because of THE SAGE SWORD! and hopfully iwll be like Peach because of the OMG HOVERING! and every move will have JIGGLY DOWN B knockback! Well, that's if they make Ganondorf the badass he's supposed to be.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I hope your right, but this 30 thing is apparently coming from like Japanese forums and stuff...
I'd have a major heart attack. On top of that, I'd be suffering from the Bird Flu if there was only 30 characters on the game! That's just simply not enough people on the roster, and for Sakurai to be tinkering & tweaking the game for this long, well, a grand total of 30 characters would be simply unexceptable!

And as far as the Japanese and there rumors go, well, no I'm not buying there rumors until it's confirmed from a reliable source. Then I'll start to have those two crisis's I was talking about above.:dizzy:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
yeah i didn't think about.......oh well that means that all of them will be in brawl
awesome:chuckle:
Um....not necessarily. It most likely means that a good majority will either:

1. Keep the Smash tradition to be secret characters.

2. Some of them will be removed from the game all together.

3. i could just be looking way too much into this, and the next confirmed character could be someone like Luigi.

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
With the current characters there's in the game I'd be happy enough to play this game for another 14 years, double as Melee. I don't know why people wants so many characters.. considering there were quite a few clones in Melee and there's the same amount of characters (almost, cannot be arsed to count them now) in Brawl but with 0 clones... I think some of you are just being selfish, and claiming that "x" character _must_ be in cause it looks cool for you / for a few, or it may have a good moveset. I don't mind how many characters are in it, in fact, with the current features it has I'd buy it right now if I could, but instead I have to wait for June cause he will want to add some feature like an in-game notice about the Wiimote's batteries at 75%, 50% , or 25%.

To the point: If the non-clones characters from previous installments are not in, good. If they're in, better.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
With the current characters there's in the game I'd be happy enough to play this game for another 14 years, double as Melee. I don't know why people wants so many characters.. considering there were quite a few clones in Melee and there's the same amount of characters (almost, cannot be arsed to count them now) in Brawl but with 0 clones... I think some of you are just being selfish, and claiming that "x" character _must_ be in cause it looks cool for you / for a few, or it may have a good moveset. I don't mind how many characters are in it, in fact, with the current features it has I'd buy it right now if I could, but instead I have to wait for June cause he will want to add some feature like an in-game notice about the Wiimote's batteries at 75%, 50% , or 25%.

To the point: If the non-clones characters from previous installments are not in, good. If they're in, better.
Sorry, but characters like Dark Samus, yes, they have to be in. Why? Yup you got it, cause she looks cool and would totally be broken, and own the compettion. And you know this man!

Also bro, the more the merrier. And I agree with you somewhat, however, I'd be prefectly fine if like 8 or 9ish characters had Luigified movesets out of like a total of atleast 38 characters.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
Um....not necessarily. It most likely means that a good majority will either:

1. Keep the Smash tradition to be secret characters.

2. Some of them will be removed from the game all together.

3. i could just be looking way too much into this, and the next confirmed character could be someone like Luigi.
i agree......and maybe there will be even new characters we have to unlock:ohwell:

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Yeah? And American/European/Australian forums sometimes say 50 characters. I know they got the insight firsthand but their speculations are just as lacking as our speculations.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
i agree......and maybe there will be even new characters we have to unlock:ohwell:
Yeah, that and the hidden characters should leave us all in disbelief like "Whoa baby! WOMG! Dark Samus wasn't even on the Dojo but she's on the game! I....I can't believe it! Way too go Sakurai!!"

Not something lame like Olimar....

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I still think marth, gannondorf, C.f., luigi, jpuff, has a good chance of coming back sakuri is just Mindgaming like you said he is just waiting.
Dash dancing, Shffling wavedashing, wavelanding, teching out of every attack. Sakurai is owning us.

am i on topic?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I still think marth has a good chance of coming back sakuri is just Mindgaming lol
Dash dancing, Shffling wavedashing, wavelanding, teching out of every attack. Sakurai is owning us.
Just because Sakurai can tease us with his mindtricks doesn't mean it's cool or he should. It's like he's the master holding some bacon over our heads but won't let us have it. And we're the obedient muts that can't seem to get it in our mouthes. We can smell it, we can touch it, but we can't eat it. And it sucks!

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
I seriously don't expect ANY more characters, not even Falcon or Sheik or Krystal, until Judgement Day (Japanese Release) at the very earliest if at all. Of course, this is unless someone gets an Event-Triggered Update. However, there's only one chance left for that.

Top Bottom