• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi, I'm Gimpyfish.

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
I'm Jorge.

I just got into this "Bowser" character a few months ago. Your tag helped me push forward with him a lot. c:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Why can't Bowser be dumb on YS's platforms anymore Gimpyfish no capital f?
he can, and he can on almost every stage now - instead of pressing jump and immediately being on platforms that are only ys height, you can just press jump and airdodge down as soon as your'e at the platform's height on pretty much any platform

then you can be silly on many stages

also all the edges act like yoshi's story ledges from melee if you weren't aware.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
is boozer still cute or is he a little more handsome this time around? i think he's matured a lot and it would be kind of embarrasing to call him cute.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
bowser is adorable do you SEE that forward crawl?

nothing wrong with being cute and being a boss - he's done it since 1985 and he's showing no signs of stopping now.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i don't know that crawl to me seems p serious like he's on an espionage mission or something. i'm just saying like how much longer can he be cute because he's totally growing up i don't want to be too attached to the cute or else he'll end up like not cute when he grows up like beans from even stevens or something yknow??

why are there so many lurkers in here

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
New boozer is best boozer
Bigger boozer is now fattier and cuter

I think he could be better though and without being broken; the changes wouldn't even have to be like super radical
Just something like a slightly faster nair (or earlier armor) and a 6 frame jumpstart

If we wanted to be daring (I almost typed dairing, lol I'm such a falco player), we could even give him a JCable usmash (since its startup looks exactly like a jumpstartup) for tons of options and a non-super dedicated move and a fireball instead of firebreath (Or maybe with fire breath?!?!? Quick tap for fireball, hold for breath maybe?) with a charge up time like ROB's laser (for not super broken spamminess, with violating the chargup giving a weak shortrange fireball) and the same landing cancel as flame breath does. Bowser could be so much cooler and less "ZOMG I'M JUST GONNA ****ING POWER THROUGH EVERYTHING"ness. Which isn't a bad thing but I don't think it's the maximum coolness he could have, although he is already pretty dang cool.

Those are just what I WOULD suggest if we were allowed to suggest, but since we aren't allowed to suggestionizing I'm just discussing my theoretical suggestions, which we could totally discuss in a kind of metasuggestion discussion, since I guess this is like the boozer social thread or something. Just make sure to remember the "metasuggestion" tags so the devs can read our metasuggestions without feeling like, peer pressure or whatever it is they are afeared of.

If players are allowed to have quarternary characters then boozer is definitely mine

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
New boozer is best boozer
Bigger boozer is now fattier and cuter

I think he could be better though and without being broken; the changes wouldn't even have to be like super radical
Just something like a slightly faster nair (or earlier armor) and a 6 frame jumpstart

If we wanted to be daring (I almost typed dairing, lol I'm such a falco player), we could even give him a JCable usmash (since its startup looks exactly like a jumpstartup) for tons of options and a non-super dedicated move and a fireball instead of firebreath (Or maybe with fire breath?!?!? Quick tap for fireball, hold for breath maybe?) with a charge up time like ROB's laser (for not super broken spamminess, with violating the chargup giving a weak shortrange fireball) and the same landing cancel as flame breath does. Bowser could be so much cooler and less "ZOMG I'M JUST GONNA ****ING POWER THROUGH EVERYTHING"ness. Which isn't a bad thing but I don't think it's the maximum coolness he could have, although he is already pretty dang cool.

Those are just what I WOULD suggest if we were allowed to suggest, but since we aren't allowed to suggestionizing I'm just discussing my theoretical suggestions, which we could totally discuss in a kind of metasuggestion discussion, since I guess this is like the boozer social thread or something. Just make sure to remember the "metasuggestion" tags so the devs can read our metasuggestions without feeling like, peer pressure or whatever it is they are afeared of.

If players are allowed to have quarternary characters then boozer is definitely mine
I would hate Bowser getting a faster jump start because Bowser is balanced around being a tank (So, super slow and super powerful.). Having a significantly faster Nair has pretty much the same effect; You would be distancing yourself from his current concept, and i don't really feel like that's a neccesity right now.

I feel that Bowser is properly balanced as he is right now..that is, maybe he could get subtle tweaks and changes on his moves to make them slightly better (Or even worse, in some specific cases), but that's it. His immense strengths are backed up by his immense weaknesses, to the point in where he can definitively do pretty decently vs most of the cast, but not to the point of either being overpowered or underpowered.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I think you're over exaggerating how well he can do... he's still got pretty much all the issues old Bowser had, some even worse, the only difference is he's a little scarier to mess up around now... the slow powerful tank concept is still terrible on paper in smash because speed is exponentially more important than strength in this game. Sure, the intention is to balance him around being slow, but it doesn't appear to be well done as he doesn't even have tournament results to make me think twice about how good he is. It's not like an earlier nair or jumpstart would even make him a faster character though, because he'd still be extremely slow. But remember that small changes are big on a competitive level, even without removing a character's identity, and a faster nair+jumpstart may be what he needs to break pressure against platform happy opponents that are less susceptible to up-b. Not to mention the various benefits of speeding up jumpstart, such as being able to get into the air for aerial follow-ups slightly earlier, and being able to wavedash/move between platforms two frames earlier as well.

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
I still disagree, but since it's pretty much for the same reasons already stated on my points, there's really no point to continue arguing

I'll just say, i'm very comfortable with the spot Bowser currently has in Project M's metagame, and i don't feel like he really needs any significant changes at all.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Gimpy doesn't believe me when I say Bowser is the best in the game. This character is godlikeeeeeee.

:phone:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
"i've played this game for approximately 2 weeks and i have a friend who got 2nd vs melee players who also do not understand project m fully therefore bowser is the best in the game"

~ a summary

EDIT:
that was probably more rude than intended

anyway

i really love bowser, a lot, and i love talking about bowser, but can we just leave the "this character is ________ good/bad in project m 2.5" discussions for at LEAST a few months after release? lol

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Mix PM Bowser with SD Remix Bowser and you've got a gahdlike character. And he's already gahdlike in both games lol. Bowser in YS and FoD is stupid.

Also, amazing avatar Chaos_Blasta. Have all my internet points.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
"i've played this game for approximately 2 weeks and i have a friend who got 2nd vs melee players who also do not understand project m fully therefore bowser is the best in the game"

~ a summary

EDIT:
that was probably more rude than intended

anyway

i really love bowser, a lot, and i love talking about bowser, but can we just leave the "this character is ________ good/bad in project m 2.5" discussions for at LEAST a few months after release? lol
Well i mean,this Bowser HAS been out for nearly 9 months now...

Hey koopa, I'm tsukikomi.
why do you have so many accounts on here?

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
Mix PM Bowser with SD Remix Bowser and you've got a gahdlike character. And he's already gahdlike in both games lol. Bowser in YS and FoD is stupid.

Also, amazing avatar Chaos_Blasta. Have all my internet points.
Thanks. <3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Man do u understand how good sfat is hahaha. But Yah its true he didn't really understand what was going on with my character

:phone:

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
Hi I'm traffic, i'm the (second) coolest bowser in the NW. what up g.

Top Bottom