• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey South! $1000.00 if you beat the North

lordbb

Smash Cadet
1st Annual Super Smash Brothers Melee’ 2V2 Grand Slam Tournament

Where:
GAME ON - VIRGINIA B
1630 General Booth Blvd
Virginia Beach VA 23456
www.gameonvb.com
757.721.GAME

Why:
Because we can

Entry Fee:
$30.00 per Team / $40.00 day of event

Prizes:
1st Place - $1000.00 CASH
2nd Place - (2) Wii’s (Worth $500.00)
3rd Place - Pat on the Back

Qualifying Rounds:
April 22, 2007
April 29, 2007
May 13, 2007
May 27, 2007
June 2, 2007

Finals:
June 3, 2007

Qualifying:
There will be 5 Qualifying Rounds, top 4 teams in each qualifying rounds advance to June finals. There will be a total of 20 teams in the finals. If you don’t qualify on the first date you are still eligible to enter on the remaining dates. First place in the qualifying round means crap. All you are trying to do it get in the top 5 teams and come back on June 3rd. For out-of-towners the June 2 qualifier is your best bet this way you can qulify on the 2nd and play in the finals on the next day, June 3.

Breaks and Lunch:
There will be no breaks for this tournament since the expected turnout for each qualifying round will be overwhelming. We will supply Dominos Pizza and drinks at a very reasonable price so you don’t have to leave the tourney.

Room and Board
There are 2 campgrounds less then a mile from our facility. Bring a TV and Cube becuase the have electricity so you can play to the Wii hours of the night. We are a resort town so hotels during that time are in season rates. Some of the local guys do offer up their couches and floors for brother smashers so check the boards at http://gameonvb.com/forums

Special Note:
We are expecting a large turn out so you must register for this tourney before the tourney date. Fees the day of the tournament are $40.00 per team. We will not accept registrations in advance for qualifying rounds other then the upcoming round.

Pritch

Smash Lord
thirdsies

SAVII was too good. With wes and PC randomly traveling around it seems like you could get them to come to it too, in addition to hopefully some of the other big names that hit up the last one.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
south would win mr. 1,536 posts which supposedly makes you awesome.
seriously quit thinking you know everything bc you dont know anything about even half our smashers, including me.

lordbb

Smash Cadet
Look we are in virginia beach at the N. Carolina border and seems no one from the South ever shows up. Usually everyone north of us comes down to smash. I extended this invitation to the tournament to see if any one from the south would attend. 1000 bucks............... what the hell.... maybe some of you guys will show...we are using MLG rulze this time ....

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
well thanks for the invitation. it's just hard when you live south as new orleans. me and crew will definetely be at inn5 if yall are attending that.

- the north would win easily is still quite a bold statement.

lordbb

Smash Cadet
true dat! but we have local guys offering up room and board if you guys are interested

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
- the north would win easily is still quite a bold statement.
Our Savior Marth is not only from Atlantic South, but is one of the best that the Atlantic South has to offer.

Sadly, North is too elite; I'd have to agree with Wes. We can give it our best shot, though; I'm not willing to accept defeat just like that.

Malk

Smash Champion
We went up to VA beach last weekend. That's BS about never coming up. It's just not worth it to pay $70 and have to make at least two trips up to even think about winning anything. We won't even talk about the competition.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
alright i guess i apologize i dont keep up to who is in what region and what not but i just assumed our savior marth was atlantic north. i'd definetely like to money match though. will you be attending inn5?(our savior marth)

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure GAWes knows what he's talking about, he has one of the best Captain Falcon that the South has, and I wish he would get his *** to INNV :)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I know both. Each one is in the top three of thier state. It'd be interesting to see them face one another.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
alright i guess i apologize i dont keep up to who is in what region and what not but i just assumed our savior marth was atlantic north. i'd definetely like to money match though. will you be attending inn5?(our savior marth)
seriously man, wtf is wrong with you. i make a statement about a region that i'm a part of, and don't get me wrong, i love atlantic south. Ask ****ing anybody, i've probably (and this is extremely arrogant, but for people like you, i don't really care) done more for Atlantic south than any other single person. Not in skill ( if you remember i never said anything in my post that was indicative of how good i was : - - > i'm not very good, you can probably beat me [although i have beaten a lot of "good" LA players before ] ) but in getting the community together, holding the biggest annual tournament series for 4 years in a row and pretty much being the only atlantic south player besides g-spot crew (god rest their souls) to actually travel across the nation and let people know we don't suck. So don't give me that ****ing "you don't know me so you don't know the community ****" because ironically, i do know who you are, i've talked to cyphus about you a long time ago. no, i don't want a money match, i don't think i would win and i really don't feel like paying you to beat me. I'll play you in a friendly if you want, but it won't be at INNV because i'm not going. Long past is the time when i could make money from innsomnia, i'm not very good anymore, just a name. I have to work 5 days a week to save money because i'm moving to england in august.

to recap:

1. Atlantic north would destroy atlantic south - lets take a quick look at extremely good players from both sides.

Shizwiz
Speedn
Nite
Chad
Chops

now of course there are a ton of good players in the south, but none of our "best" players are really on a separate level than these people above, no matter how you argue it, and sure, if i weren't lazy or really wanted to argue my point i could list about 20 people that would be on our team blah blah blah, but hey, lets look at atlantic north real quick, hmm... what did i list, 5 names, ok let me pull 5 atl. north names out of my ***

koreanDJ
Mew2King
P.C. Chris
Azen
Chillin

enough said. . .

not to say that anyone should give up and not try, thats ridiculous, but the south should really get their **** together before we even "wonder" who would win.

2. If you admit that you don't keep up with players or what region they are in, then what right do you have whatsoever to question my reasoning? and please, don't think this has to do with post count, that argument is a little weak, but please try at least not to contradict yourself.

Have fun being better than me, keeping a low post count, and beating atlantic north, peace bro

_GAwes

Xeritross

Smash Apprentice
~T.C.~

Wes...moving?...NOOOOOOOO!!!! *echoes*

Ok Adam(LOZR)...pack your bags, grab your plane ticket.......were going to GA! *looking at GA tourneys*

England! Wow... that's a big move Wes! Adam lets plan for GA mangz. Seriously! I love ATL!!!

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
yeah i gotta play wes again before that happens, man wes either you come to our raleigh tourney the 21 of april or man we may have to come down to you and play some. Peace

daniel-zaman

Smash Journeyman
ive heard lee is good, but im just stating the fact wes is good too. i dont know who will win, im just saying wes is not just a random guys who plays smash, he is a very importaint person in the southern smashing scene.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
well typing all that much wasnt really necessary for arguing over something so stupid. butttt. im not one to just give up. and i do think atlantic south would have a chance at beating atlantic north. if it means that much to you ill throw in my towel.
saying all that wasnt necessary. i honestly can say i dont know what the **** to type and i dont really feel like typing anything because all of that *****ing was so stupid.
sorry but people take this internet **** too ****ing seriously.
oh lol. =/
i'll always defend atl. south though. so live on.:D

Top Bottom