• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey NC

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Alright, but the fact is that Melee had a longer timespan.

I agree that brawl is developing at an AMAZINGLY fast rate due to things like Youtube, IM, forums, large, LARGE community in comparison to what it was. But shouldn't we give it the melee advantage? Its timespan? I'm just saying, bro. Still feels we may be cutting it short to me.

Either way you look at it, this community will be split. Until we see Meta infesting every area of the community and game, his being Banned will not happen. We'd have to see something along the lined of what the Street Fighter community saw with Akuma in SF2Turbo. Even that saw a wild debate before it was set in stone.

If italy/Texas is any indication - Individual communities will take it upon themselves to rid themselves of the problem until it becomes the general rule.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The only thing the timespan served to do was to let the players develop the game, which went so much slower than Brawl's development did. A decision should be made now to preserve the community.

Obviously the community is split. A decision has not been reached. Although people will be upset no matter what the decision is, learning to deal with a FINAL decision will be the best thing the community can have right now.

The only reason TX banned MK was because of their own national tournament, WHOBO. Everyone else has yet to be convinced obviously, since the skilled state Texas was not enough to influence other states to make the switch.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, by the look of it, there will be no Ban. It's gonna be a sit and wait game.

So the development will continue, fortunately.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ugh ZIO, the purpose of this thread, now that we have discussed MK stuff in general, is whether to ban MK in NC or not. There are different reasons to ban him here and not to ban him here than nationwide imo.

There is not a strong MK presence here, but those that do play MK tend to be placing better(Stingers, Karn, Sushi Man, even Pyrospark at his first tournament) than most NC players on average.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
karn and I hardly use MK

I only use MK against you, I think Karn only uses MK on like...Duo? He doesn't even use MK on me and that's supposed to be a horrible matchup for ROB. Karn says his MK is terrible lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Because your ROB is better. Against me your MK may be better so you use him when you think you have a better chance with him. I think it's a matter of how much time you put into MK since you'd rather be playing Brawl+ anyway.

Besides all of that, you are only one example.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Can't help but share this with everyone, hope everyone takes this the right way.

I can't help but notice certain things about your decision making lately, kevin. Not giving sushi-man his #1 spot, instead giving him an honorable mention stating it's 'estimated' he would take the #1 spot, when it's a certainty that he would. Peter was 100% right with what he said. Sushi deserves to be on there because they are the power rankings of NOW, and you, nor bill, presented any viable counter-argument, although I love you both(although I like the idea of giving the #10 spot a chance to fill, you have to think that he was never even 10th to begin with...not to mention ya'll are the 2 biggest mk ban advocates i've seen from our state). So you're endorsing a state-wide MK ban, which happens to be sushi's character, the only person who should be ranked above you. If he gets banned, then the true #1 brawl player in NC wouldn't get recognized (not that he ever was in the first place), not to mention that it's a totally ******** move no matter how gay mk is(really gay, but look at the tournament results). I know you mentioned how tournament results refute the idea of an MK ban, which is why i don't understand why you would support something like this. A smart man would look at your actions and decision making lately and say "This guy's head is a little swollen from being the best in his state in both games and he's frustrated with his lack of success against MK"...because seemingly, that is how i interpret it, and I have a feeling a few other people do as well but don't feel like making a deal of it. Personally I thought you were way too good of a gamer to do something like this as well...I would have expected you to support learning how to beat MK instead. It's actually somewhat disappointing to me because of that.. You're trying to make it seem like the ban is better for skilled competition but it's really not. MK can ONLY make people better at brawl, in addition to the top tier thinking that this is a newb move(they better, considering the tournament results...). For someone so focused on how our state is portrayed through the forums lately, I hope you re-think your stance a little on this.. not to mention you're the biggest name from NC; your opinion matters significantly and has probably already swayed people in our state to support the MK ban.

Also, just throwing this out in the air, but pyrospark should be getting recognition too. He out-placed everyone in NC except for sushi at the largest tournament we've had in a long time. There are plenty of people who have hopped right on the PR's with very limited small tournament appearances. Dude should at least get an honorable mention, even if he plays mk...(joke lol)

My 2 cents, I love you kev........

Banning something just within our state is also kind of lame in general I think bros. Personally I think that the lack of MK mains in NC is one of the primary problems... then people would have more practice against him.

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
personally, I find it more fun beating someone with a character or team thats not rated the best in the game. I don't know about anyone else.

For example: I dont play marth or fox in melee. I don't play metaknight in brawl. I dont play Sagat in Street Fighter 4. I don't use the Lakers or Cavaliers in NBA 2K9. **** the Lakers.

Which would you find more exciting? Winning a tournament with metaknight or winning a tournament with......pokemon trainer?

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
I agree xtonex, I feel the same way but I'm not picky about it at all; I have fun no matter what.. not picking marth or fox is a little extreme though, man. Marth and fox are fun to play against, and to play as! The other day I beat Ace's marth with kirby and his fox with DK. Me and him are constantly doing cool and interesting match-ups, i'm lucky to have him to play with all the time, it's a lot of fun. A random note: Peach v. mewtwo is the worst match-up i've ever experienced in melee... lol.

I like to look at gaming in a different light... mainly self-betterment. I _WANT_ that gay ****er to CP me with metaknight just so I can own him. It's a much better attitude to have than taking the easy way out that only benefits some and just banning the character.

and don't let sagat get in close to you bro.. lol ;)

lord karn

Smash Master
karn and I hardly use MK

I only use MK against you, I think Karn only uses MK on like...Duo? He doesn't even use MK on me and that's supposed to be a horrible matchup for ROB. Karn says his MK is terrible lol
My MK is only good in matchups that I know really really well. The only matchups I know really well are DDD, Olimar, Snake, and somewhat Peach. I already have ROB for Snake, so those are the only matchups you'll ever see me playing meta in unless I'm being counterpicked.

And yeah, Pyrospark should definitely be ranked. I would have said something, but I didn't even know he was from NC when they asked me about the PRs. I thought he was from georgia or something. @_@

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I was merely showing the other side of the coin, Dorsey. I don't actually know whether MK should be banned or not. I really don't.

It was Bill's idea to put Sushi Man on the honorable mentions the way he did. I agreed with him because it didn't seem like a huge deal to anyone, including Sushi Man. I watched Bill ask Sushi Man if he minded what we were doing, and Sushi Man said no. Had he shown me ANY sort of negativity towards this decision, I would have pulled Bill aside and requested that Sushi Man be put at the top of the PRs because Sushi Man deserves it.

There are well known Marths that can fight MK, and while I believe that most MKs do not play the matchup properly when they lose, other Marths are obviously still winning, so I cannot cry about my character's matchup with MK.

It makes me sad to think that you really want to condemn me just because I went along with Bill's decision about Sushi Man and have never really enjoyed Meta Knight being in Brawl. I have no issue with Sushi(great player), MK(great character), or anyone from this state. This includes Pyrospark, who's performance has warranted him a spot on the honorable mentions(I'm sorry I neglected to put him there before). If you truly think I am big headed then, well, you obviously haven't listened to Zero Gamer at all.

I SUCK

caps lock effect.

Edit: I was responding to the dang topic and I get called out. Terrific. Why bother making a thread about a huge decision when the people that take a side and attempt a discussion get accused of ulterior motives?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The first step to solving the problem is admittance.

Anyway, in order to keep with the competitive community, I think that keeping MK in as the Nation as a whole will, will better aid our developements. As said before - why ban him if OOS tourney will include him, thus putting our community at a disadvantage? There would have to be some horrible outcome that would warrant a state ban, such as MK being an overall nuisance to the results of most of our tournaments. Since we don't see that, at least not yet, I'd say keeping him is the best solution.

My two cents. And I needed those to pay off my dollar menu order. Now I go hungry. >:C

personally, I find it more fun beating someone with a character or team thats not rated the best in the game. I don't know about anyone else.

For example: I dont play marth or fox in melee. I don't play metaknight in brawl. I dont play Sagat in Street Fighter 4. I don't use the Lakers or Cavaliers in NBA 2K9. **** the Lakers.

Which would you find more exciting? Winning a tournament with metaknight or winning a tournament with......pokemon trainer?
it is a hell of a lot of fun winnin with characters that nobody uses. The main reason i stopped playing melee is because it's no fun playing against the fab five (fox,falco,falcon,sheik,marth). But i honestly think that it's more fun playing with a yoshi and/or a mewtwo in brawl i find it hella fun to play as ganondorf,link and captain falcon. And Winning a tournament with Charizard would be nasty LMAO

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
they taste good from what I hear... especially Ganondorf & Captain Falcon

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I'm pro ban but only nationwide. A state ban on mk will only hurt our OoS performance. I believe we would actually be better players if there were more mk's in our state. But I still think he's gay.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You've already got my vote on that.

Melee!!!! Brawl is balls!

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
I second the state wide NOOB game... (brawl that is & BlazBlue)

Good Luck!!! (go out and find a leprechaun or a four leaf clover)
or you can just carry around a box of Lucky Charms (if you dont have good luck, then i guess they aren't so lucky after all)

Malk

Smash Champion
Guys OmniOstrich is a ****** he wants to go shopping all day instead of play video games with me

Top Bottom