• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey, if you guys don't mind critiquing my fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggm

Smash Hero
a6m zero nice advice, I need falcon help jiano ***** me yesterday lol, Its really tough that guy guesses all his tech chases right and does not miss with the knee. ><

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Remember to mix it up, varying recoveries and whatnot ('cause THAT'S never been said before, I hate repeating), after getting tech-chased once or twice try not teching at all, who knows, it might work. Just make sure you're ready to go at it again after he misses a tech chase, because he'll be on you again in a second or less (curses falcon!).

Falcon is one of the easiest characters to shine spike, take advantage of that. Get him to come at you while you're near the edge with your blaster, spotdodge one of his grabs or wavedash back and forth (just get him to miss, figure it out), grab him, bthrow, and shinespike (uthrow, jump, shine, if he's at higher percentages, you may miss a a shinespike on a bthrow if he goes too far). His recovery won't save him from a shinespike, even if you get him a fair bit above the stage as long as you edgehog.

it sounds really easy and simple, and it's obviously harder than that, and it even may sound a bit unfair to some people but it works. Falcon doesn't have a defense against your laser. He either rushes at you or keeps taking damage. As long as you make the grab and get him off the edge, you can shinespike him. Don't get tricked into missing your grab to his dashdance, be patient, he'll dance around before he comes into for an actual go, like I said, wait for him to miss and make a mistake and then shinespike him.

I've 4 stocked many a competent Falcon like that.

PS: Your Fox is way more technical than mine. It shouldn't be a problem for you at all.

PPS: Verbal mindgames are a part of the game, too. The above tactic is frusterating and annoying to fall victim too. It's maddening to hear your opponent taunt you while you get shine spiked and rained upon by lasers.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
A6M Zero said:
PPS: Verbal mindgames are a part of the game, too. The above tactic is frusterating and annoying to fall victim too. It's maddening to hear your opponent taunt you while you get shine spiked and rained upon by lasers.
That works so well. I'm the worst trash-talker in my city ^_^

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Lawl RaynEX, I make a long post and you reply to the PPS XD.

But yeah, trash talking is insanely effective. Btw, respond to me PM :p

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Your fox is around my area of skill yours in probably a bit better but anyway. Some of the drills don't seem like they were supposed to hit instead seem more like they are for pressuring spam, but i see DD and Bair as more effecient just me. But i also notice that sometimes you get TOO into combos and don't pull out when you should, but i guess if its friendly play its always good to practice otherwise i see a very good fox.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Thanks, slient you can probably close this, after I went to c3 on saturday, my game improve to the point where these vids are embarrassing, I"ll put new ones up shortly.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'm actually going over m2k's tomorrow to train, he normally doesn't like being recorded, but i'll see if I can talk him into it. :)

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I'm actually going over m2k's tomorrow to train, he normally doesn't like being recorded, but i'll see if I can talk him into it. :)
I heard that m2k doesn't like being recorded b/c he doesn't want people stealing his new combos and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom