• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey, if you guys don't mind critiquing my fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Any positive criticism would be appreciated. I'm not that great at dealing with falcons DD it goes so far lol.

Round 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV7MU4ZjfUs
Round 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yju1as-aOA
Round 3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaubbVxAvI8
Round 4 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWmc_Eqrt5I
Round 5 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUMVzmrbt90
Round 6 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ArQeGTe2gc

It gets better past r1 lol, kinda got owned there.. so make sure to at least watch a few past that please, or skip it. :p

Eggm said:
Your fox is like exactly like mine, but you do a few thins i should do more My waveshines and backwards waveshines i also go for grabs i'll start up smashing and up tilting more that was hot, your the first fox I've found as technical as me I love it good stuff man, i look forward to more vids.
Don't mean to be a ****, but my Fox is much, much more technical then yours, judging from the videos where you played Fox.
Sorry, don't like it when people assume they know how technical I am, and make judgments like that about me without knowing at all.
Just thought I'd point that out.

Other than that, nice Fox.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I never claimed to be more technical than, you but anyways if you can judge that off a few friendlies thats cool. :)

Fox is also my secodary not my main so i don't expect to be as techincal as you with fox, however your statement was a bit cocky, but you said nice fox so i'll let it go. xD

Eggm

Smash Hero
As isn't more, and I say this because your very certain off a few vids your much more technical than me lol, whatever, i just want everyone to see the vids, not argue with you.

I just think I'm THAT much more technical because even if I haven't played in a week, and am having the worst smash day of my life, my Fox looks THAT much better. Cocky yes. True, Yes. Get over it, I don't care what certain people think about my attitude towards smash really.

I'll try and let your thread be now.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Have you never heard of SW? Shine reverse shdl's'? Complete mastery of everything Fox can do?

Anyways.

You need to work on your edge-guarding. You tend to airdodge randomly, and screw up really easy dsmash or shinespike guards.

Also, that falcon you played against was hella greedy, he jumped out for no reason when he could've guarded you easily too. don't expect that to happen against Pro Falcons.

As such, you should try to vary your approaches to the ledge. Getting up normally, ledge-hop illusions, and ledge-Wds are just a few of your options.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, yup i know all those things, you seemed to have only watched the first match. xD I don't mess up most of that in the other vids.
And yes I can do all the things that you call complete mastery of fox, but SHDL's are too dangerous vs a DDing falcon who's waiting for you to make an action and attack you. Even the fast falled regular SHL's which are considerably faster than the non fast fall SHDL's are risky.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
i never said to actually use them. You should smart enough not to attempt that shiet on YS anyways.

Your Fox is really Fast. You have great level control.

The only bad thing I really could see was your repetitive aerial jab. Its not horrible but, i think it was overused a bit. (in ALL your matches).

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah lol, I was kinda experimenting with that cause it was really throwing another one of my crewmates off that day, but yeah these are just friendlies. xD

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, nah I needed to hear to jab less after the ariels, I was too into it at the time, if i hear it form other people i'll stop doing it. xD thanks.

Eggm

Smash Hero
The jab I think is good, because if you are just doing a normal SH fast falled ariel pillar Falcon can wait for the shine jump and dair you, but if you do a slower move with a different timing after your ariel like jab or up tilt it throws that off and they normally get hit, if their plan was to dair you, so its good to mix it up and keep them guessing, I'm pretty confident with my mixups and strategys once i get my hands on falcon, its .. just tough to get around that extremelly long DD, because its really hard to laser safely and make him approach you, most of the time falcon will just keep DDing anyway even if you manage to laser him its really hard to beat a patient CF. =\

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Yea...

Falco's dair is like...8 or 9 frames from the shine I think. Falcon's is much more, as is common with most meteors in this game.

There is no way a competent Falco would get countered by that after a shine. lolol.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Silent no matter how fast you pillar if he times it right and jumps immediately after the shine and you keep pillaring hes gonna hit you. Its hard to tell from the videos but treble has AMAZING timing if you do something he expects he will get you with stuff that only has 1-2 frame windows. RaynEX as far as falco goes his pillar is slower because he can't jump out of shine as fast when hitting a target, its even easier to do it to falco which is why I add in multishines to my pillars with falco.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
WOW.

Are you REALLY going to argue frame data? Falcon's dair hit actually takes effect before ANY aerial the spacey has?

Are you kidding? You're not listening. Any aerial Fox/Falco do from their shine is faster than Falcon's dair. Its just that you're doing it too slow. He has no window of hitting you if you do it correctly.

edit: i don't think their fair/uair are faster, but who is going to use those from the shield anyway.

if you do the dair late enuogh on falcons sheild, then if he tries to jump the shine will even hit him lol. sure u can get a dair in once in a while with falcon, but its really easy to get around.

Eggm

Smash Hero
RaynEX your just wrong lol, I don't even feel like explaining it to you cause you obviously have it all figured out LOL, maybe m2k will come and let you know why your wrong.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I'll accept i'm wrong when someone who knows the frame speed of Fox/Falco's dair tells me that the frame speed of falcon's dair exceeds it when Shed.

Then I'll shuttup. Till then, logic wins. Spacies are generally known to have fast aerials anyways. Plus...its a dair. It takes FOREVER to come out.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol. Eggm curb that arrogance. Isn't it enough that I constantly hand your *** to you in arguments about smash IRL? Swallow your pride and just take thier criticisms. Why the **** did you even post vids if you were gonna get so defensive?

This is ****ing Silent Wolf trying to help you and you are being a douche bag about it. lolz. Chill the **** out.

Silent: Warn me if you gotta for flaming but Eggm was pissing me off.

Eggm, i think you were thinking of it as if the shine doesn't hit Falcons shield, because he held away while shielding the dair, moving him too far back from it to connect. If the shine doesn't hit the shield, and doesn't make Falcon wait longer, he can get a dair in if Falco still shines.
What I was trying to say, was if the Falco waited, and did the dair right before he got to the ground. This would also let him move further towards Falcon and make it so the shine hits.
Hope that clears that up.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Overall I think it was good, RaynEX said just about everything I noticed so i won't repeat too much, your level control and movement IS great, you need to make use of Fox's vertical kill abilities more, and your edgeguarding needs work. To me it seemed like you're trying to play Fox based off how you think you "should" rather than adapting to the best possible answers. You missed plenty of edgehog and shinespike opportunities.

Also, watch the SHL's, you fired a few a bit close to Falcon and got burned each time, again, don't do it if it's not right, Falcon's fast and there was no reason for you to be firing that close.

Overall though, good playing :)

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
I love this kid.
I'm honoured ;) But yeah, just don't leave yourself open to Falcon, he moves quick and his dash dance is better than yours, if you Ariel without L-Cancelling you'll get hurt plain and simple, if you aren't able to L-Cancel well definatly veer away from rushing at Falcon, control him with your blaster and let him make a mistake instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom