• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey guys, a tad new here. Rate me please.

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
Hello everybody. You probably don't know me. I'm jS, and I'm a Ness main. I've mained him for 6 months now. I live in Houston and have attended about 10 HOBO's. I've gotten a bit of respect for my Ness from people at the HOBO's who have played against or watched me, and I've been really improving with him lately. I was hoping a few of you could rate my Ness. Although, at the moment, I only have 1 video of my current Ness. Keep in mind that I may play differently in some situations depending on the mood I'm in and all that jazz. So, anyways. Here's the video. Let me know what you think. Btw, my opponent in this video is KRDsonic, who's a pretty respected Ice Climbers user. He alts Sheik, which is a pretty bad matchup for Ness. In this video, he uses Sheik.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfg9OaGAHiw

Uffe

Smash Hero
There's about two things that bothered me. I'm not saying you have to play like everybody else, but from what I noticed was the lack of PK Thunder and the risk you put yourself into when going off the stage and returning with an attack like bair. Overall, good choice of color for Ness, you look pretty laid back when you're playing and nice KOs. Also, greetings.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Don't approach? You do know that all Sheik would have to do is throw her Needles, right? By the way, jS, you did good keeping your second jump.

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
The platforms. I hate approaching, it makes me lose.

... or planking.
That's you. It certainly didn't make me lose.
@Man of Popsicle: I use nair quite a bit more than other people, at least from what I've seen of other people's Ness. Also, aaa is risky against Sheik. If I mess up It's either tilt lock or chaingrab time. I usually use aaa a lot more. Just fyi. In my experience, I need to play a bit out of the ordinary against Sheik to avoid punishment. Thanks for the comments everybody.

Shaky

Smash Ace
There's about two things that bothered me. I'm not saying you have to play like everybody else, but from what I noticed was the lack of PK Thunder and the risk you put yourself into when going off the stage and returning with an attack like bair. Overall, good choice of color for Ness, you look pretty laid back when you're playing and nice KOs. Also, greetings.
From what I've seen, PK Thunder is not a move that is popular to the ness boards.

Shaky

Smash Ace
Uffe was implying that "everybody uses PK Thunder." My comment was that I have seen very few people actually use it correctly.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Shaky what's your idea of using PK Thunder correctly? I mindgame or camp with it :laugh:

jS, I see that you don't space your fairs, and that lead to many shieldgrabs. Cstick aerials would help you greatly with that
You used nair a lot, keep that up.
PK Fire is suprisingly risky against Shiek, or any other fast runners. I would only use it if she was offstage lol
I know PKT1 can stagespike someone if they are hanging on the ledge with a tether. Try that if Shiek is recovering. It doesn't work all the time though since the knockback of PKT1 is stupid. :psycho:
You kinda misused dsmash, using dsmash while the opponent is jumping around you, nah. If the opponent is rolling around you, then yeah, dsmash plz. Good use of usmash too. You threw out too many fsmashes at times. Almost seemed like you were impatient to kill. Ness has other faster kill moves! Even a up angled ftilt can kill at the ledge at 130%. :dizzy:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Okay, so spill the beans and tell us all how to use it correctly. No point in using something if you can't use it right, right?

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Don't approach with bair so often. You're just going to get grabbed or ftilt'ed oos. Fair should be your primary approach.

Stop going offstage to edgeguard. Sheik isn't the easiest to gimp, and Ness's recovery is bad enough as is.

Less dsmash/fsmash.

Uhh... airdodge smarter? You got hit with just about every one of Sheik's uairs. Stop trying to dair Sheik. It's way too slow for her aerials.

More oos options. There were plenty of times when Sheik hit your shield and you just sat there. Nair oos is very good with Ness.

Sync_

Smash Journeyman
Basically everything everyone else said. There were alot of moments when you used one move, but had a MUCH better option. Overall, you started with a great building block.

El oh el, Uffe.

Top Bottom