• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroics - X Team - A GAME OF CAT & MOUSE

Lumox

Smash Rookie
"3... 2... 1... NOW!"

Concentrate as hard as I can on making our ship appear to have taken a direct hit to a critical area and explode. Then turn our ship invisible as it flies away from the fake explosion.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
Garth and Lumox attempted their fake explosion ploy, hoping to trick the fighters jets into backing off, if only for a few moments. Just as they activated their powers, the plane banked hard to the left, seriously distracting them from what was already going to be a difficult and unfamiliar trick.

Lumox rolled a 1

The attempted explosion looked more like amateur fireworks, a few pops and fizzles emanating from the fuselage.

Garth rolled a 2

The attempted explosion sound echoed inside the cabin, but failed to penetrate the hull or generate enough sound to be audible to the pursuing jets.

"MAY DAY MAY DAY" the pilot continued to yell into his headset. He finally seemed to remember his cargo and looked back into the cabin. "I hope some of you can fly because this bird might not be very soon!"
==GM==

Bwahahahaha... sorry about those bad rolls! This game is off to an exciting start!

Casmick

Smash Rookie
"We can't let that transponder and the battery get wrecked"

look for parachute, as well as the transponder and battery

"Are we gonna abandon ship?"

Lumox

Smash Rookie
Withstand The Garth's weight stoically. The music is relaxing.

"Stormgarde. Go up to the cockpit and work with the pilot to manipulate the wind so he can try to right the plane. Trent, you go too! See if you can read the minds of one of the pilots and warn our pilot when their shots are going to get close to us.

Lumox wishes that Payload had bothered to explain his power when asked instead of just parroting what he said earlier. Lumox doesn't mind smartass remarks but they're not useful in a crisis.

"Payload, can you teleport another person? We'll need your power if we have to bail. If you could teleport all or most of us that would be great. I myself can fly if it's not too dark, I should be fine right now. Also if your gravity sense has a longer range when you're in the open air then point out where the enemy fighters are."

Lumox creates as many bright flashes as he can in a multi-colored strobe-light fashion behind the plane.

==OOC==

Mod check for how well those flashes work I guess?

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
The flashes of light behind the plane are bright and colorful, disorienting the pursuing fighters momentarily. However, manipulating light he can only sense and not see himself is much harder for the rookie Lumox. This level of exertion will begin to tire him out eventually. It doesn't help that there's a slightly chubby teammate on his back either.

The fighter jets scamble and reposition themselves above the tail section of the heroes' plane, avoiding being blinded by the lights any further.

Just as Stormgarde and Trent began to head for the cockpit, the roar of another jet crossing them could be heard, along with the terrifying rata-tat-tat of bullets being launched. Most missed the plane but the sound of metal shearing could be heard somewhere near the front. A few bullets had found their mark.
====

Lumox

Smash Rookie
Turn off the flashing and (reluctantly) get Garth off of me.

"Anyone else got any ideas? I'd prefer we not have to eject--even if we get out of the plane, the fighters may attack us while some of us float down in parachutes.

==OOC==

Are there parachutes?

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
There are parachutes. One for each person. Half are hanging at the front of the fuselage just outside the cockpit. The other half are located near the bay doors in the rear of the plane.
====

Casmick

Smash Rookie
"Well, unless someone wants to be thrown onto one of the planes, or if I had something to throw at them...I don't have anything"

==OOC==
Are there weapons or anything on this airplane? Like missiles just sitting around or something?

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
No missiles. No guns. This is a covert op designed to look like a transport plane that ventured over the border on accident. It's just you, the skies and your powers.
====

Payload

Smash Rookie
Grab a parachute, strap it on.

They're overthinking again, Payload thought.

"Everyone knows how to use these things, right? They don't work if you're not wearing them."

Focus on gravitational sense while staring at the cargo bay. Try to get a feel for our plane's location and speed in relation to the fighter jets. In particular, try to determine if I can port immediately outside the plane, freefall, then port into a fighter without destroying it.

== OOC ==
Check please?

== /OOC ==

"Trent, while you're in there, can you pick up how to fly a plane from someone else? Might be kinda useful!"

Look at Stromgard.

"Turbulence! Why are we the only ones getting buffeted around? Let's get some wind action going. Make them focus on something besides our *****."

Look at Lumox.[b/]

"If we open the cargo bay, can you fire your laser out the back? Would it draw any missiles?"

With that, Payload finished snapping the final buckle on his parachute.

"If I port us out of here, it will destroy the plane. But I think I can get us into one of theirs. Who wants to come with me?"

Payload

Smash Rookie
"Awesome. Your job is to make sure we don't go completely deaf from the jet engines."

Garth Blackburn

Smash Rookie
"Lumox, have you considered trying to make one of the planes crash into another one? Shouldn't be too hard, just make it look like a jet is coming at them head on, force the direction of the swerve, boom two enemies down"

Lumox

Smash Rookie
"I can fire a laser out the back, but it wouldn't make much heat unless I had an object to heat up with the laser, and even then, I'd only have a chance at doing it. And to avoid a missile we'd have to cut the engine, my ability to heat things isn't that strong. Infrared light is not my specialty. However, I may not need to open the cargo bay, if I can see outside from the cockpit, I can use my powers well enough on light as long as I can see it."

"As for who should go with you, I believe Garth is knowledgeable in flying machinery, you two might be able to hijack the fighters if you replace the pilot with Garth, and then the next closest with Trent if he feels able."

"If nobody is able to take control of the fighters, it might be a good idea to teleport Casmick from cockpit to cockpit and have her disable them."

"My illusionary powers aren't convincing enough for that to work, and if these pilots have any training at all they will see through it anyway because they keep track of their teammates position and would not fly into them. I'll have better luck trying to blind them."

Strap on a parachute and go into the cockpit, looking up, trying to see if I can tell where the fighters are.

"Payload, tell me where the fighters are, and i can give them a really blinding flash before you guys go out there."

Lumox

Smash Rookie
"Hey pilot guy, I'm gonna make things dark for a bit. Let me know when things are about to get so dark that the pilots would switch to night vision if they have that, and I'll stop.

Begin to gradually darken the plane and a wide area around it, encompassing the fighter jets as well.

Stromgarde

Smash Rookie
"Aren't you the wind guy? Make us a tornado or something'"
"Yeah, because a plane in a tornado is much safer than one being shot. Are you nuts?"

"Lumox, have you considered trying to make one of the planes crash into another one? Shouldn't be too hard, just make it look like a jet is coming at them head on, force the direction of the swerve, boom two enemies down"
"So much for the whole 'Just supposed to be an unarmed transport plane' Don't you think they'll work out that we're something a bit more than that if they lose a few jets taking us out?

Hey, Light-man! If, or should I suggest heavily 'when, very soon' we bail out of this deathtrap, can you make us invisible or something? "

Garth Blackburn

Smash Rookie
"You did notice they were already trying to shoot us down, right? I don't think they're going to just dismiss us for not having killed off some of their guys"

Lumox

Smash Rookie
"They've already seen my unnatural flashing lights and they're already trying to kill us. The chances of me being able to make us all invisible aren't great, I already tried to make the jet invisible and that didn't work, making a bunch of separate people invisible will be harder.

If you could give those jets a lot of turbulence, that would be appreciated. Just anything that gets them to stop shooting at us."

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Focus on gravitational sense while staring at the cargo bay. Try to get a feel for our plane's location and speed in relation to the fighter jets. In particular, try to determine if I can port immediately outside the plane, freefall, then port into a fighter without destroying it.

== OOC ==
Check please?
Payload's gravitational sense is generally limited to about 50 yards, so to attempt a longer "scan" you'll have to roll. You roll a 4!

Payload exerts his gravitational awareness and while he cannot directly detect the position of the jets, he can feel the air is much more turbulent above the plane, almost even with the fuselage. There's at least one jet trailing, about 200 yards above. He cannot detect the others.

Strap on a parachute and go into the cockpit, looking up, trying to see if I can tell where the fighters are.
Begin to gradually darken the plane and a wide area around it, encompassing the fighter jets as well.

Lumox initially cannot see any of the fighters, but his light control powers do allow him to start darkening the skies around them. Just as the sky in front of the cockpit begins to go dark, a fighter jet screams into view, barreling right at them.

Rata-tat-tat-tat-tat

The bullets penetrate the cockpit and the heroes near the front dive backwards as metal and glass shatter and fly through the air.

"I've been hit," coughs the pilot through obvious pain. If he screamed, they hadn't heard it. The fighter jet passed right over them. Payload could definitely feel that one. The plane jerked for a moment but the pilot had righted it now. He had been hit in the leg and the abdomen. "I'm hurt bad. Can't hold this plane steady much longer."

Stromgarde

Smash Rookie
"They've already seen my unnatural flashing lights and they're already trying to kill us."
"So we fool them into thinking they suceed and they'll back off! All they've seen are a few lights, which could easily have been from them shooting at the regular cargo plane."

The chances of me being able to make us all invisible aren't great, I already tried to make the jet invisible and that didn't work, making a bunch of separate people invisible will be harder. "
"How about if we're all bunched together in a tight *shudder* group hug or whatever? Surely one grouped mass of people would be within your power."

Casmick

Smash Rookie
grab a parachute and put it on

also pick up the battery and transponder as well

==OOC==
how big is this battery/transponder

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
It's small. Fits in the palm of your hand.
====

Trent Washington

Smash Rookie
*Leaning back casually against a wall*

The action is intense, but there's no need to get worked up over anything. But before anything else.

*Straps on parachute outside of the cockpit*

Check it out, we're stuck in this humdrum of a plane while everyone out there has weapons n' ****. So, looks like we need to get some weapons.

Payload, I'm going to need your help with some teleportation here. You're right, we do need to get onto one of those other planes, problem is we're a tad far away. That closest plane to us is still about 200 yards away, and Payload's teleportation doesn't seem to work quite that well.

Going along a similar path, we need to get as close as possible to that plane. Stromgarde, if you wouldn't mind assisting us, I think if you control some of the wind around the two planes, you can help guide them to be a little closer together safely. I doubt you can control it well enough to control the path of the planes, but if you can give a bit of a shove in the right direction while keeping us steady, it would help so we get minimal distance so Payload can get the two of us over there SAFELY. Don't need to cause a big shockwave jumpin' over there, we're deadling with planes here.

While you guys get ready to do this, I'm going to "have a little chat" with our pilot and learn a thing or two about flying these things. If you guys are down, then we can get Payload and I onto that plane, take control of it, and I'll navigate it and use it's weapons to take down the other fighters. Meanwhile you guys get that transponder to safety.

*Start to learn some knowledge about flying jets from the pilot*

Payload

Smash Rookie
"Now that's the idea. Let's get a couple of fighters. Garth! You're first! There's a hot pizza if it works. Boss, can you time a flashbang right before we port out of here?"

Payload thought to what he'd seen of fighters in movies. Didn't they only have enough space for one person?

"Crap. Is there even room for us to appear?"

He'd only need 50 yards. Of that, at least, he was sure. 50 yards, and he could get a bead on the fighter's trajectory and speed. Once he had that, it was just a matter of porting safely outside, waiting a split second, then porting into the fighter. If he did it right, they'd be crammed in behind the pilot. If he did it wrong, the fighter would explode. And perhaps they would die.

Sit, legs spread, arms out.

"We're going to have to get real comfortable with eachother to fit in that cockpit."

Trent Washington

Smash Rookie
What if as quickly as you could you teleport us in one and then teleport yourself + the current pilot back here?

That way you guys can get some nice interrogation time with him as well.

Trent Washington

Smash Rookie
Go outside first? Can't we just go from inside the ships without going outside first? How could it explode and we die, from the energy released from the teleportation? Only do it if we're close enough and hope that if something were to happen we can survive with our parachutes. Or try to teleport us elsewhere asap.

Lumox

Smash Rookie
Lumox recover from dodging the gunfire and keeps the darkness in the area steady.

"Yes, Payload, I will make the biggest flash I can to blind the fighters just before you and Garth go out. I made this area dark to increase the effect it will have on their eyes. If you could use your gravity sense to tell me where to direct the flash that would also help. The light will be back to normal when you get out there."

"I thought of a more effective method of distracting any heat-seeking missiles. instead of heating an object I can make infrared bursts. No guarantee my powers will co-operate with my desires though."

"Stormgarde, we are using our powers to deal with this situation, just stop arguing and do something. Our pilot already got shot while your were arguing. I cannot make us invisible reliably enough under any circumstances. Don't let them hit us again."

"I doubt there will be a way we can sneak to our destination undetected if even a 'routine' flight is suspicious enough for them to shoot to kill. They will likely investigate the area even if we appear to go down in flames. I want us all to get as close to our destination as we can before we touch ground. The farther we have to walk, the higher the chances are we'll have to deal with Xandanbourg forces or someone like Apex. We need to take out these fighters so we can land somewhere without them seeing us.

"Casmick, see if you can find a medkit or something to tend to the pilot. I'd do it myself but I have to keep my powers focused."

Lumox wonders why they were sent on a mission with such piss-poor cover, or if their cover was blown somehow. An enemy telepath? A mole who knew about the mission? Or does the council just lack the resources?

"And Trent, I think Payload needs to know where he's going, and we can't see where the fighters are from inside this plane. So he has to teleport outside then into a jet."

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==

"Do any..." *cough* "... do any of you know how to fly a plane?" the pilot said. He looked pale and the blood spot on his abdomen was growing. They couldn't tell if he had been hit with a bullet or it was shrapnel, but whatever had wounded him, it was bad. The glass in the cockpit window had a single bullet hole through it, resulting a loud whistling sound as the plane moved through the air.

"That mountain range," he grunted through the pain. "We're still in Germany. Don't know why we're under attack. That's the border..."

He coughed again and grew even more pale.

"Gonna pass out soon. Hurts bad. Someone needs to fly this plane or just bail out and crash it."
====

Time to act heroes!

Trent Washington

Smash Rookie
With the injured state he was in, it was incredibly easy to read the thoughts/knowledge of the pilot.

Able to fly this craft now, I take the wheel.

"I still don't know how we're going to get out of this situation without some firepower on our end, do you guys see what we're dealing with?

Lumox, deal with the crew as I steady us out. I'll fly us towards our destination, but if you have any other ideas let me know, we need to act fast.

Can wind from Stromgarde aid in carrying us to safety if we ditch this thing via parachute?"

Lumox

Smash Rookie
==OOC==

Mod check: what kind of condition is the plane in as far as we can tell? Are we going to crash soon or will we make it a good ways provided nothing else goes wrong?
==/OOC==

"Just get us over that mountain range."

"Garth, if you take over a plane and can use their radio, do anything you can to stop the other pilots from reporting what's happening. Make everything in their cockpits sounds like really loud static or something. If they talk about my flash, convince them you saw that it looked like a weapon. Also if either you or Payload could look at the insignia on the planes that may prove useful."

Wait for Payload to give an indication where the enemy planes are to blind them.

Lumox thinks, why couldn't we be on a plane with some damn windows?

Casmick

Smash Rookie
look for a med kit, or something to help the wounded pilot

===OOC===
if I go about bandaging this guy, take me out of metal form

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
@Lumox - As far as you can tell, you are a little banged up but the plane will stay in the air.

@Casmick - You find a medkit attached to the back of the passenger chair in the cockpit. It has bandages, antibiotics (topical and oral), two doses of morphine, bandaids, gauze and rubbing alcohol.

The darkness has worked for a moment. The sounds of other jets are nearby, but you have stopped taking fire momentarily. Payload can sense that the jet above you is still in position, roughly 200 yards up and only a couple dozen yards back.
====

Payload

Smash Rookie
"Let's do this! Pull the plane up as sharp as you can. Get the other plane up above us to follow us. As soon as I port out, send this sucker into a dive so I can port back in! Strom can help keep us from stalling."

"Boss, flash in 15 seconds! The only one I know is 200 yards up and trailing us. That's our target."

As the plane rises, look quickly for any goggles or a helmet, grab them, and then drag Garth at a sprint to the very back of the plane. I squat down and hug my knees.

"Do this. Now. And take a deep breath."

As Garth positions himself, gravity-sense once more, feeling for indications of the nearest jet. Try to get a bead on trajectory as tightly as possible.

= OOC = check check check check.
The goal: port out as far as safely possible and fall towards the jet, while searching for an entry spot inside. Clutch Garth like my rope just broke on a sheer cliff. As soon as I can sense it, port inside the jet, disengage with Garth, jujitsugrab the pilot, port a short distance outside, fall towards our diving plane and port back into the back of the cargo plane.

"Boss's flash is the mark!"

Once the flash flashes, clutch Garth like hell, and jump.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
bwahahahahahaha... Ok, I've gotta be a mean GM again! Sorry!

==GM==
Payload and Garth teleport out of the plane just after a brilliant flash pierces the sky, momentarily distracting the pursuing jets.

The two X Team members appeared in sky, above the banking plane and fighter jet. Payload's gravitational sense takes just a moment to readjust, but as it does he realizes his mistake. The fighter jets are moving at roughly 200 miles per hour and the entire dogfight moved beyond his teleporting range before he had a chance to orient himself and teleport again.

Payload and Garth begin to freefall out of the sky.

Watching the jets moving away from them, Payload and Garth can see three of the fighter jets as they recover from their blindness and make their way back towards their plane, but cannot locate the fourth.
====

Lumox

Smash Rookie
"Let's do this."

Assuming Trent will pull the plane up as Payload instructs, start counting down from 15 seconds. Look out the cockpit up at the sky so that I can see some of the light I'm using my powers on. Put my hands up to my face, fingers outspread. When the fifteen seconds are up, switch from making everything dark to making the most blinding white flash I can, with a mass of sunlight I can see out of the cockpit directed over a wide are 200 yards above and behind the plane. While the flash is concentrated in that direction, have some of it spread out in all directions, still bright enough to blind the other jet pilots around us. Keep the light from hitting the cockpit .

EDIT: These are supposed to happen BEFORE Payload and Garth teleport out as was laid out with utmost clarity..

Top Bottom