• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Please.

Please surprise us and include them, as an Echo Fighter, or expanded number of color slots, or somehow.

The demonstration says it's gonna be 22 minutes, that's longer than the Joker + 3.0 update trailer that dropped in April (15 minutes and 30 seconds). I'm prepared if it just means that they need to go over all the moves for The Hero, of which they have a LOT, or if the 4.0 update is meatier than the 3.0 one, but I'm really hoping that it also means that they might include the female Heroes after all and, because they weren't shown earlier, detail who they are and why they were included, or something, which would need a little extra time.

I know this is a stretch and if it doesn't happen, I won't be surprised. But just a little more, just two more unique models, that I know would take a lot of time to add, but that I also know would mean the world to people, would make The Hero absolutely perfect in my eyes.

D

Deleted member

Please.

Please surprise us and include them, as an Echo Fighter, or expanded number of color slots, or somehow.

The demonstration says it's gonna be 22 minutes, that's longer than the Joker + 3.0 update trailer that dropped in April (15 minutes and 30 seconds). I'm prepared if it just means that they need to go over all the moves for The Hero, of which they have a LOT, or if the 4.0 update is meatier than the 3.0 one, but I'm really hoping that it also means that they might include the female Heroes after all and, because they weren't shown earlier, detail who they are and why they were included, or something, which would need a little extra time.

I know this is a stretch and if it doesn't happen, I won't be surprised. But just a little more, just two more unique models, that I know would take a lot of time to add, but that I also know would mean the world to people, would make The Hero absolutely perfect in my eyes.
Yeah, we should get any DQ heroine at least as an echo fighter.

It would be awesome to see Sakurai surprising us by adding them as alts as a surprise doh.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Please.

As an alt, sure. Echo fighter? No thank you. That would be like if Male inkling was a full on echo of Female Inkling. Or heaven forbid we ended up with two Corrins on the roster.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok then! I think that'll actually end up being in an odd time of the night or morning, but you can bet im gonna stay up for it (or use an alarm)

And yeah, the amount of time for video is definitely something looking good :)
I want to try to stay open to any cool surprises

Please.

They have a chance. That's about as much as I'd say for now anyway ;)

And we'll finally get all the details on the different spells and all that. I think it'd make sense to release on the 31st, but even if it's early august that's fine.

Last edited:

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
As an alt, sure. Echo fighter? No thank you. That would be like if Male inkling was a full on echo of Female Inkling. Or heaven forbid we ended up with two Corrins on the roster.
The concept of two Corrins on the CSS scares you, too?

I like you.

Maybe they'll surprise us and reveal the heroines as alts at the last minute, but I don't think they'll be Echoes. There's only two DQ heroines with consistent designs. The only reason why they'd make the female characters echoes that I can think of is to give them more "feminine" animations, but that's pretty unnecessary.

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice

22 minutes of Scriptless Sakurai, God I can't wait.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I don't see that the female selves as echoes tbh. Also, what about their voices and stuff like that?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Personally I'm happier to be able to wake up to the already available video, than having to wait all day for it. Then again, I work from home.

I expect the following to be covered in the video:

- In-depth Hero abilities.
- Stage and its gimmicks / details.
- Music and curious facts about them.
- Spirits
- Mii Fighter costumes.
- Additional 4.0 mode(s).
- A surprise?

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I should have been clearer, I meant that the update may drop at Evo.

Anyways, I think that's it on the alts everyone. Femdrick doesn't look that much different honestly and it would look like the same thing to most with slightly more feminine features. Sophia at least looks and dresses quite differently to solo.

Home run contest is probably a given at this point with the datamine. Character, stage, music, and facts will probably be most of it. I can see world of light(like a separate DQ area or something like MH got) being part of it also.

Actually looking at the Spirits we seen, and the trailer having a lot of humanoid characters, there has to be more spirits or WoL content. Like who are those people represening as spirits? It was literally the whole cast it felt like.

So it's unscripted? I think it would be easier to convey info more clearly if it were scripted. Oh well, I trust sakurai and his team.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I can't wait to see the Geno and Choboco outfits again.
I really need to mentally prepare myself to the Geno outfit.

It's going to hurt. A lot. But it's pretty much guaranteed, I feel.

Calane

Smash Ace
What's up, guys? It's been a long time since I posted.

Looks like we're finally close to seeing how our boys work! Needless to say, I'm hyped!

Hope you're all doing great, by the way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In just 2 days I will finally see my pipe dream crossover between DQ and Metroid become a reality.

Expect a good number of in-game screenshots soon since it will be huge for me.

D

Deleted member

Fake Leakers: "let's randomly try to leak various characters, and no actual things like release dates."
NOE: "Oops, my hand slipped."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._reveal_the_heros_smash_ultimate_release_date

If this is true, we don't even have to wait until the next month starts. :ultpiranha:
And thus, I also won a Discord bet thanks to this.

Hero coming closer than expected is always great news.

I can almost feel the Metroid x DQ crossover of my pipe dreams near.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I am glad it looks like Hero will come with some good variety of spirits some even with 80s art

D

Deleted member

Let’s make a bet just for fun:

If tomorrow Sakurai reveals both a Yangus Mii costume and the presence of War Cry in the game, I will sing a modified version of the American Dad theme about my hype for Hero on the morning of July 31st. I will also post the lyrics on the Ultimate Social thread and here.

BUT, if that doesn’t happen... I will force myself to not buy Hero until 0:00am of August 1st against my deep desires.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Looking forward to adding Hero to my pool of characters that I use frequently. :)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Let’s make a bet just for fun:

If tomorrow Sakurai reveals both a Yangus Mii costume and the presence of War Cry in the game, I will sing a modified version of the American Dad theme about my hype for Hero on the morning of July 31st. I will also post the lyrics on the Ultimate Social thread and here.

BUT, if that doesn’t happen... I will force myself to not buy Hero until 0:00am of August 1st against my deep desires.
Considering how excited you are about hero, i'm not sure that's the best bet for you to do :p
Are you talking about the ability war cry from the games? There's pretty good chances it wont be there you know. And same with yangus.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Considering how excited you are about hero, i'm not sure that's the best bet for you to do :p
Are you talking about the ability war cry from the games? There's pretty good chances it wont be there you know. And same with yangus.
I was talking about the song, lol.

But I think I will cancel the bet after considering it better.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I was talking about the song, lol.

But I think I will cancel the bet after considering it better.
Heh, I think that's a smart idea ;)
Yeah there's more chance for the song, but there's also lots of good ones in the series, so who knows which ones will show up, besides the ones we heard.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, if the hero video comes out at 6am pt, then I guess it's not exactly when i thought.
Should be like in 19 or 20 hours from now, right?

D

Deleted member

It happens at 2pm where I live.

That's normally when I have lunch, but I believe I'll still be available to catch it online.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I won't be able to catch the video right when it airs since I'll be at work, but that's fine.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
One thing you expect to be seen in the direct. I just hope they show the entire hero's moveset and explain how the spell menu works and give the departure date which they have already said will be

Top Bottom