• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's What I think.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
For SOME reason, Kyon (Gary Robbins) and Afro-Thundah (Matt Mosley) happen to be really, really, really, really good at about EVERY game they play.

Well maybe not Afro, but for SOME REASON Kyon RAAAAPES at just about all video games.

I'm not talking best in the world, but **** that kid is talented....like...

Brawl
Melee
Every Super Mario Bros, World, 64, Galaxy
EVERY Donkey Kong Country
EVERY Sonic The Hedgehog for SNES/Genesis
Ms. PAC-MAN (kid is raaaaw)
Yugioh
Mario Kart (a lot of them)
and a bunch of other games I can't name

seriously

gary you should go on like a gaming marathon or some ****

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
He's good at Mario Kart?

Me and my lil bro will have to see about that one. >:D

M@v

Subarashii!
Being good at mario kart involves intentionally staying at the back to get all the broken items.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Being good at mario kart involves intentionally staying at the back to get all the broken items.
its a legit strategy in racing mmos.

btw yugioh...who ever has the most expensive t1 deck wins lol

BBQ°

Smash Champion
lounis is also really good at everything he does for some reason.....

we don't call him top 5 for nothing

황미영

Smash Champion
Kyon, I wanna play you in said games!

My friend does something similar with his friend in which they play a lot of different games competitively just for the hell of it.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
difference between a true gamer and a gamer who 100% things?

anybody play puzzle fighter competitive xD?

Master Raven

Smash Master
I tend to think that there is a correlation between being really good at competitive gaming and non-competitive games in general.

M@v

Subarashii!
kyon we never got to duel in yugioh. I actually have a 2 good decks, though only one would probably be viable if I ever got into it seriously

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
He's good at Mario Kart?

Me and my lil bro will have to see about that one. >:D
If only I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say they are awesome at mario kart... haha

I don't doubt your abilities one bit, I just feel like I hear that all the time. I bet I'm not the only one lol

Purple

Hi guys!
He should go to SC or NC (I'm not sure which) and do that TAS week thing with the college students there, it's already over this year but I'm sure if he found them he could train with them and such :)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
btw yugioh...who ever has the most expensive t1 deck wins lol
Not exactly true. You really only need the basic essentials to win, things like Megamorph, that card that destroys all the opponents monsters on the field, Monster Reborn, basic **** like that always wins the most.

황미영

Smash Champion
IIDX, Pop'n, Drummania >>>>>> DDR , ITG, PIU, Rock Band Drums..

learn to play those
Wat?

Let's not put rhythm games based on hands together with feet ones. I know they both are rhythm games but they both play differently. Since you know they take actual stamina rather than just moving your fingers and arms.

Could YOU actually play any of those?

IIDX and Pop'n are amazing though.

Galeon

Smash Ace
Wat?

Let's not put rhythm games based on hands together with feet ones. I know they both are rhythm games but they both play differently. Since you know they take actual stamina rather than just moving your fingers and arms.

I've seen him play them. Discouraged me from ever wanting to pick up the game.

And lol @ Crashic.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
If only I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say they are awesome at mario kart... haha

I don't doubt your abilities one bit, I just feel like I hear that all the time. I bet I'm not the only one lol

My little bro has beaten Azen in mario Kart DS before the gay hacks came in the game

Azen was ranked top 5 in the world at that time

He has some top ten records in Mario Kart wii but I think he's already taken out by the Japanese players now. He hasn't played MKwii for months.

I'm only really Beast in MK Double Dash and Recieved training from one of the best players in the North East(Bluchu) and Won a few high calibur tourneys for the game too, beating Jwong in one :)

we are srs.

황미영

Smash Champion
I've seen him play them. Discouraged me from ever wanting to pick up the game.

And lol @ Crashic.
Which game PIU and DDR?

Or IIDX and Pop'n?

Also, it's nice to know what songs, because my friends who don't play. See me play easy high level songs on Pump It Up and think I'm great, when I really can't that many songs. >w>;

nevershootme

Smash Master
Wat?

They're only amazing if you play it.... and Galeon can vouch for me playing the games at school, and as for discouraging, nah it's just investing time in playing them...

PIU = not interested, played a few times, not digging the 5 panel style.

DDR = was good during the Extreme days. Still play from time to time, but bar holding ruins most of the fun. JP CS versions > American versions. Can play most heavy/expert stuff, I just ignore the 10 footers...

ITG = not interested, but played a few times and meh

IIDX = Played most of the PS2 editions (currently on Hyper with a few Another songs) and played on legit cabinets (back when Nexus had it, now sits in Bird Bowl in South Miami, Empress version btw). I own a KSC...

Pop'n = I own a pop'n controller myself... (Can handle up to low 30s). When u get to the point of hitting 1 finger on a giant button it hurts like hell...

Rock Band Drums = I can play most of the Hard stuff and a few Experts

Guitar Hero / Rock Band Guitar = Expert only (the brutally hard songs I can't handle)

Guitar Freaks = Don't know the difficulty scale well, but Imma say 50s-60s?

Drummania = Don't see it often. But I am aware of it's brutal difficulty

Taiko No Tatsujin = if only the controller was stable I woulda invested time even more to play...

I've played rhythm games since DDR 3rd mix, long before it ever exists in american arcades...

On the plus side. I've perfected (1 Credit Completion, put in 1 dollar and beat it from start to finish with no continues) Time Crisis 4 about 3-4 times, I've perfected Razing Storm once and only played it about 7 times overall at the arcade. I can almost perfect Ghost Squad at Mission Level 2 or 3... All my runs always land 1 place rankings on the machines i've played... And perfecting an arcade shooter is balls hard (so far I see House of the Dead and Virtua Cop being the hardest to 1CC it)

황미영

Smash Champion
Well I'm pretty much interested in all gamez so I would find games I don't play amazing. xD Mainly because I like the music and the way it plays.

j00t

Smash Champion
Super Mario Kart is da bess

I'm pretty sure I've said this before in this thread lol

DC

Smash Cadet
Yawn challenge me in...

Blazblue
Guitar Hero
Halo

I also won my local GameStop tournament they had when Diamond/Pearl came out, but I retired from Pokemon.

Also Bloody Roar 3/Extreme/Primal Fury.

Top Bottom