• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Changing avatar back to Agatio just like the good ole days, the Isaac hype is too real and I want to bring back a old classic for the final month till Dec 7th.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Buddy I'm a musician too and not into rhythm games either but trust me Rhythm Heaven is the drug you need. I remember the first time I played this game I was at a friend's place and bored and he was like "hey come play this game with me there's a 2 player mode". And I thought "omg no I don't want to play his ****ty wario ware like game ...". No offense to wario ware fans it was just my thoughts at the moment heh. But you know how it is, gotta be the good friend sometimes. And I was caught right away. Rhythm heaven is a game you have to actually play to understand the magic. Just looking at it gives you nothing really. It's pure concentrate fun.

Now you've listened to my boring life experience you guys can go back to normal activities :happysheep:
I'll keep that in mind if I ever get a chance to play it- with Smash coming out, my game funds are low right now. Thanks for the glowing recommendation!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Well I just got done watching Spawn Wave's podcast. They talked about a lot of thinks. I'm considering making amendments to my list just based on stuff I heard.

The most notable would be the addition of Direct Feed Games, he was extremely vocally pissed off by the leak and insisted that it was fake. Telling people who believed that it was real to prove it, that it wasn't on him to prove it. Demanding that people who believe it come back and apologize to him and other insiders when it was proven fake. As he was perfectly confident that it was going to be. He did however eventually clarify that if you're team real he doesn't hate you, he just hates the people that got crazy and toxic about it all.

Everyone in the room except player essence seemed pretty confident that it was fake. Liam Robertson commented that he personally thinks that Incinroar and Ken would be insanely underwhelming final reveals, and suggested that perhaps the Square character that has been rumored would be the final reveal. Spawn wave suggested that Ken and Incinroar could open the direct.

They also handed out a direct date, indicating November 1st. Which would actually be right after a quarterly report. So that makes sense I guess. I'm not sure what to think. I feel like I just got yelled at for a couple hours and was unable to relate. bleh.
Did they suggest they were sure about this from their own sources as well or are they piggybacking of Vergeben

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I read that Spawn Wave said some of the characters in the leak are real?
They said pretty much with certainty that Incinroar and Ken are in, that vergebens's square character is in, but that Courus Kids was not happening. Banjo isn't in base, and even for DLC there's a lot of touchy politics there. They didn't comment on any of the other characters. I was gonna super chat for 2 bucks to ask them about Isaac, but 50 character's wasn't enough for my full message.

So no Isaac? Seems like everyone and their mother are against us again
Nope not really. No one has really touched us to be honest. Well...aside from Emily Rogers. She posted on twitter the day of the smash direct that she wanted an HD Luigi's mansion game, (very shortly after we had the main direct with Luigi's mansion 3...) and in the same thread spoke about Golden Sun.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Nazyrus Nazyrus Maybe I can help with this video since I'm french ?

But to be honest I don't think it's really helping. Does this video represent the actual state of the company ? It seams like a quite small one, only 17 ppl working there. Wouldn't Nintendo hire a bigger ? They're specialized in stands like the ones you can see in the beginning of the video. And recently expended to PLV stuff you can turn into furnitures for exemple. He gives the exemple of a chair one.

Edit : He also gives exemples of what kind of companies he usually work with namely : Perfume shops, pharmacy, DIY store. Doesn't mean anything else is excluded though.
While this work requires more than one person, it doesn't require 100 either. From what I saw in the video 17 people is actually capable of quite a hefty output of these projects. I saw dozens of examples throughout the video everywhere.

Just because it's a small company doesn't mean it can't handle large clients. Effectively because we don't even know what their specific use is. Is it for retail chains everywhere or just France? A specific event coming up? Maybe they're prototypes?

Just as an aside in my profession. Some of the smallest science labs in the country run things for the largest clients out there as an outsource for testing. You can literally walk into a one room lab in an office building and that will be necessary for running hundreds of thousands of samples per year for things like testing blood and urine or verifying a pharmaceutical process.

Back to the concern about only having cardboard. Well I go back to us not even knowing what they'll be used for. The chandelier's material of construction, for all we know could be a fine grade of cardboard, but has these printed out plastic labels that slot inside them. Not to mention that we don't even know the specific dimensions of these chandeliers. They may not even be as large as you imagine them to be. They could be things that simply hang from ceiling tiles in game shops as an overhead display. Not something like a 30 foot diameter monolith that you see at expos.

That's not to even exclude that it could be that as well since neither you nor I are experts in this stuff. I think it corroborates the case a lot because it shows that they are well adapted to printing on 2d objects and converting them into 3d objects which is exactly what the materials in the leak show. I mean, hell, I just thought of this.

Did you see the small Grinch ornament design in the bottom left of the leak pics? It's like a little Grinch head coming out of a present box. That might even be what the Grinch project that he's working on is. Both of them starting from printing 2d stuff to adapt into 3d products later on. This is pretty much nail in the coffin to me, and I'm basically in line with Nazyrus Nazyrus with 95/5 real. It's just too much to absorb.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They said pretty much with certainty that Incinroar and Ken are in, that vergebens's square character is in, but that Courus Kids was not happening. Banjo isn't in base, and even for DLC there's a lot of touchy politics there. They didn't comment on any of the other characters. I was gonna super chat for 2 bucks to ask them about Isaac, but 50 character's wasn't enough for my full message.

From what I read in the Discussion thread, the Chorus Kids and Banjo stuff was just their speculation (though they were really iffy on the Chorus Kids), so it probably wasn't a hint like the Sora/Square Enix stuff; I also read that the Spawn Wave guy himself said "some in the leak are real, some are fake," and that he really wants Banjo but he doubts him.

I dunno, though, but it sounds like Box Theory is dead if they're correct once again.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hope yous all hanging well in there until some direct news :)
Ganbatte!

Everyones+voting+for+everything+meanwhile+i+just+want+to+see+_ab96a015aa8cf9621d75cef9afd09b48.jpg

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
While this work requires more than one person, it doesn't require 100 either. From what I saw in the video 17 people is actually capable of quite a hefty output of these projects. I saw dozens of examples throughout the video everywhere.

Just because it's a small company doesn't mean it can't handle large clients. Effectively because we don't even know what their specific use is. Is it for retail chains everywhere or just France? A specific event coming up? Maybe they're prototypes?

Just as an aside in my profession. Some of the smallest science labs in the country run things for the largest clients out there as an outsource for testing. You can literally walk into a one room lab in an office building and that will be necessary for running hundreds of thousands of samples per year for things like testing blood and urine or verifying a pharmaceutical process.

Back to the concern about only having cardboard. Well I go back to us not even knowing what they'll be used for. The chandelier's material of construction, for all we know could be a find grade of cardboard, but has these printed out plastic labels that slot inside them. Not to mention that we don't even know the specific dimensions of these chandeliers. They may not even be as large as you imagine them to be. They could be things that simply hang from ceiling tiles in game shops as an overhead display. Not something like a 30 foot diameter monolith that you see at expos.

That's not to even exclude that it could be that as well since neither you nor I are experts in this stuff. I think it corroborates the case a lot because it shows that they are well adapted to printing on 2d objects and converting them into 3d objects which is exactly what the materials in the leak show. I mean, hell, I just thought of this.

Did you see the small Grinch ornament design in the bottom left of the leak pics? It's like a little Grinch head coming out of a present box. That might even be what the Grinch project that he's working on is. Both of them starting from printing 2d stuff to adapt into 3d products later on. This is pretty much nail in the coffin to me, and I'm basically in line with Nazyrus Nazyrus with 95/5 real. It's just too much to absorb.
I'm definitely not an expert in the industry for sure, so I trust you guys expertise ! I'll watch the video again see if I can find more interesting détails.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The thing about the video is that it shows similar autocad stuff that appears in the leak, it's just that. But anyway… yeah once a company, no matter how good at secrecy they are, releases material to another company, whether it's for printing, rating, etc, the risks of leaks are unavoidable every single time unless such companies also have a good security… It's just too hard to keep under the ropes once it goes out of your own company. Hopefully this is real and we finally get the confirmation soon cause now that this next week will be the end of October, I don't know how much i will be able to handle the wait… I am really hoping it's gonna happen in these next 2 weeks during weekdays as the big tournaments in japan are happening during weekends.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
After getting the Attack on Titan main theme stuck in my head after listening to it for an hour or so, I now want there to be an image of Isaac, King K. Rool, and Geno conquering and overcoming the "titan" of obscurity if this leak is real, which it probably is.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Exactly and this is why biggest leaks always happen about a month before release. Nintendo has no choice but to share the information with all these external sources making it highly suceptible to leak. It happened with ESRB and now possibly with the printing company. Gematsu leak was a rare exception I think.

As for the people supposedly "in the know" and insiders I think they're full of crap, it's smash 5, Nintendo is out for blood for these guys. No doubt big N will toy with them.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Exactly and this is why biggest leaks always happen about a month before release. Nintendo has no choice but to share the information with all these external sources making it highly suceptible to leak. It happened with ESRB and now possibly with the printing company. Gematsu leak was a rare exception I think.

As for the people supposedly "in the know" and insiders I think they're full of crap, it's smash 5, Nintendo is out for blood for these guys. No doubt big N will toy with them.
And this is why you don't wait til a month before release to reveal your remaining fighters.

It happened with Smash 4, it probably happened again here.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'm now just curious why so many insiders are so adamant the leak is fake despite so much evidence being in its favor. Like seriously, do they have an official press kit from Nintendo with Incineroar, or have seen a trailer, or have been told he's in by Treehouse/Reggie/Nintendo PR? Seems like they're all panicking because they can't believe their sources could be wrong; if this was just to be a coverup, they could ignore the story and wait for the Direct that could be as soon as next week.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I managed to get 3 copies of Lachesis' Rule (1 of the 2 rarest drops in TLA) due to not noticing that to increase the Orihalcon drop rate I had to defeat Sky Dragons with a Jupiter Djinn, not a Jupiter Psynergy attack or Unleash :facepalm:

And Nazyrus Nazyrus congratulations on 1K messages.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
And this is why you don't wait til a month before release to reveal your remaining fighters.

It happened with Smash 4, it probably happened again here.
Indeed but I understand their struggle, smash is huge and they got to manage the hype level till release to ensure maximum profit. If the early November direct is a true thing I think they kinda hoped for the secret to last at least till then.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
From what I read in the Discussion thread, the Chorus Kids and Banjo stuff was just their speculation (though they were really iffy on the Chorus Kids), so it probably wasn't a hint like the Sora/Square Enix stuff; I also read that they said "some in the leak are real, some are fake," and that the Spawn Wave guy himself really wanted Banjo but he doubts him.

I dunno, though, but it sounds like Box Theory is dead if they're correct once again.
Here's what I think. If Grinch leak is dead, and Box theory is also dead. Then the remaining characters are Incinroar, Ken, (shadow?), Isaac, and either Geno and or Sora, or secret option C, Chrono.

Ken and Incinroar are probably gonna open up this smash direct. I'm still team real. But i'm going at it from their angle here and using supposition and trying to plug in the blanks with my own speculation. If shadow is in the game, and that is indeed a big if, than he'd get shown off as "THE LAST ECHO" getting a short segment to himself at some point.

Based on this podcast i'd say Geno is leaning towards unlikely, Sora more likely on account of Spawn wave's support but still not obvious on account of the politics there. As well as them brutally pointing out that Kingdom hears presence on nintendo is limited. So that's why i'm speculating Chrono. There have been rumors for a whole of a chrono trigger remake and or sequel for a while, and given the revival of TWEWY, the secret of mana remake, and the exclusive octopath traveler, Square is interested in the switch, and it's interested in the revival of old properties. It lines up disgustingly well in my mind. And i'm foreseeing that as the blindside addition.

Liam Robertson speculated that the Square character was gonna be at the end of a smash direct, but I think they'd save that for the end of a general direct, in all honesty. That would also explain why this specific character got leaked on hard, as content within general directs are fair game. Being in a general direct would garner far FAR more hype than being locked in the confines of a smash direct. Especially given that I now think that the Square character will probably tie into a game of some kind. Just with how Isabelle's reveal tied into Animal crossing 2019, and how Simon Belmonts trailer tied into Luigi's mansion 3. They could announce that game at the start of the direct, and close the direct with that games main character in smash. After Sora and Geno, the only character with a realistic shot that comes to me is Chrono. He is another NES/SNES era icon, so he'd fit in with the crowd of legends too.

Isaac is a good smash direct ender like K rool, IMO. I think there's way too much evidence in Isaac's corner for him to not be a front runner for that position right now. If box theory is dead, he is currently the most likely character not rumored that's in contention. Direct feed games mentioned that most of the characters have been rumored or leaked, but left out K rool. In other words, surprises are still possible. Direct feed games clearly knew that some of the characters from the banner were in the game in accordance with his sources, but said that for the banner leak to be real it was all or nothing in terms of characters. Pointing out Chorus kids and Banjo as impossibilities outright deconfirms both in my eyes, assuming these people haven't been fed the leak bait of lifetime.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Well I just got done watching Spawn Wave's podcast. They talked about a lot of thinks. I'm considering making amendments to my list just based on stuff I heard.

The most notable would be the addition of Direct Feed Games, he was extremely vocally pissed off by the leak and insisted that it was fake. Telling people who believed that it was real to prove it, that it wasn't on him to prove it. Demanding that people who believe it come back and apologize to him and other insiders when it was proven fake. As he was perfectly confident that it was going to be. He did however eventually clarify that if you're team real he doesn't hate you, he just hates the people that got crazy and toxic about it all.

Everyone in the room except player essence seemed pretty confident that it was fake. Liam Robertson commented that he personally thinks that Incinroar and Ken would be insanely underwhelming final reveals, and suggested that perhaps the Square character that has been rumored would be the final reveal. Spawn wave suggested that Ken and Incinroar could open the direct.

They also handed out a direct date, indicating November 1st. Which would actually be right after a quarterly report. So that makes sense I guess. I'm not sure what to think. I feel like I just got yelled at for a couple hours and was unable to relate. bleh.
Sounds like somebody really rustled his jimmies over this leak, huh?

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Indeed but I understand their struggle, smash is huge and they got to manage the hype level till release to ensure maximum profit. If the early November direct is a true thing I think they kinda hoped for the secret to last at least till then.
Could always hold some stuff back, like remaining assists, items, the green mode, additional info.

Basically make sure all the playables get out there before they have to give the info out to printers and whatnot so the big meat of smash speculation has already been served at the table of the community. Leave a bit of other info for the dessert to be enjoyed afterwards.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Could always hold some stuff back, like remaining assists, items, the green mode, additional info.

Basically make sure all the playables get out there before they have to give the info out to printers and whatnot so the big meat of smash speculation has already been served at the table of the community. Leave a bit of other info for the dessert to be enjoyed afterwards.
True but you can't deny the characters reveal is the main attraction for maximum hype :dr^_^:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
We're entering Day 5, yet STILL the leak has yet to be disproven.
I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and still see it alive and healhty. Next week will start officially tomorrow for Japan. Time is getting closer…

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I have something to add about the French video of ACP-PLV: It's indicated they started making more various things about 3 years ago, and they hired more people in order to do so. It goes perfectly well with what we know about Eric Bricard who arrived in ACP-PLV about 2 years ago according to his LinkedIn account.
They also already worked for a video game company since they realized something for Ubisoft's Assassins' Creed Unity.
(https://www.acp-plv.fr/public/Medias/signaletique/signa_3.jpg)

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
It's not often you get a leak that has so many strands, where more strands are found even afterwards as days progress.

D

Deleted member

Appreciate it Flintlike thanks really do, will definetly see more fromt he series one day. Looking forward to it but thank you all the same.

Emily Rogers huh? She has a good track record so if she does not believe it point against the leak. But, still a possibility apperciated her giving her thoughts let's see what happens.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
THE 6r THE 6r Indeed I don't think it hurts the leak per say. Let's not forget that if the info was correct they worked with ubisoft at some point ? Can they build stuff like those huge chandeliers though ? I don't know, everything presented in this video seams rather small stuff but why not ? Also keep in mind we don't know when this video was shot. Let's say it was 5 years ago the company is maybe in a completely different state now and has expended and diversify a lot.

I was curious what this PLV material they're specialized in was, turns out it's cardboard. I don't know guys, I doubt these chandeliers things are made of that :drsad:
They probably do cardboard character props for promo stuff, and I believe that the frame for promo chandeliers is cardboard type material (albeit fancier looking) to help maintain shape and hold the seperate pieces of the image together.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I think the reaction to Isabelle was just the unfortunate circumstance of the direct delay, expecting a character reveal on the levels of what the August direct delivered, and Isabelle's trailer being more tame compared to the previous cgi dedicated trailers of the other newcomers up until then. Also coupled with the delay landing the direct in the same week of Golden Sun's trademark renewal, it ended up hyping up the anticipation for Isaac in that single reveal, more than ever. It was also back in a time where the thread was more pessimistic about Isaac's chances anyways. Wanting this leak real is more so for the ideal scenario of all the big fan favorites getting their characters at once (something that was thought impossible with the box theory) moreso than it is about solely hoping it's real for Isaac's sake.
On a related note for Isabelle, I think part of the reason she was recieved less enthusiastically than the other characters to that point, is we went from a casual gamer pick like Inkling, to some hardcore Smash fan picks Ridley, Simon, K. Rool. Then it was back to a casual gamer character when everyone was assuming if she did get in she would be an echo and probably revealed along with a hype Smash fan knockout once again. But instead she ended up being a semi-clone which ripped a hole in the fabric of reality, causing widespread hype destruction!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I swear to God, if I hear ‘Incineroar and Ken are the only characters left’ one more time, I’ll shoot someone.

If I were an insider and a source told me that I’d immediately stop believing them, it’s really stupid.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
I tried figuring out Isaacs pose in the supposed leak, maybe I will brush it up if i am motivated!
Wondered where I should post this, so i figured here would be fitting, since i was lurking here for a while :)
I know I'm late but I think it's amazing.

However I do believe that Flint is under Isaac hand and that the yellow stuff over is hair is indeed is scarf, just like in official artwork.

(The white circles could also be flying rocks).

https://www.google.com/search?q=gol...AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=966#imgrc=BR4xTUI9g_70kM:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Sad since my name is Simon and my best friend Name is Félix, could have made fun matches lol.

I'm gonna whip your.... (In smash context of course lol, I'm not some kind of freak XD).

But I can survive until Golden Sun collection on Switch and Jenna + Félix Echo get adds into the game as a bundle I guess lol.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I swear to God, if I hear ‘Incineroar and Ken are the only characters left’ one more time, I’ll shoot someone.

If I were an insider and a source told me that I’d immediately stop believing them, it’s really stupid.
Even the most staunchly anti leak people don't think that's it. Vergeben says at least a square character, this is corroborated by Liam Roberston, and the members of gamexplain have come out with different opinions on the total, disagreeing with box theory.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Even the most staunchly anti leak people don't think that's it. Vergeben says at least a square character, this is corroborated by Liam Roberston, and the members of gamexplain have come out with different opinions on the total, disagreeing with box theory.
If you can freely claim two characters, but don’t know the identity of the third, you’re not an insider, you’re just guessing.

I don’t lend any credence to any person who learns the roster the same moment I do.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you can freely claim two characters, but don’t know the identity of the third, you’re not an insider, you’re just guessing.

I don’t lend any credence to any person who learns the roster the same moment I do.
That makes no sense. If you're just guessing, guess the third. You must have some pretty uncanny prediction abilities if you've been able to guess without fail so far.

Or, it lines up with someone who has been waiting to vet his claims through multiple unrelated sources before he goes public, as is standard procedure within the professional sphere, and is hearing conflicting things, so they've no reliable details to disclose past the company of the character.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So, I've been thinking about the Grinch leak for a while, and I'd like to break down and analyze some of it.

First, though, I would like to cut down on some of the flaws of the pro-Grinch argument:
he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company.
We don't know that this is true. There is, as yet, no confirmation that this company contracts with either Bandai-Namco or Universal Studios, let alone both. While the company he worked for a year ago did contract with Bandai-Namco, the one he currently works for may or may not. Also, this argument fails to consider that Bandai-Namco would not be handling publicity, Nintendo would, since they are the publisher.

Now, as we get to the rest of it, we need to approach the leak logically. Following Occam's Razor, let's simplify things as much as possible. What must be faked in order to pull of this leak?

The answer is actually ridiculously simple. The only thing that needs to be faked is the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate material. Everything else can be genuine. The leak could actually have been created by someone who works for a publicity company and makes these sorts of promotional materials. The material for The Grinch could all be genuine, as could his work history with the company. As the meme says "anyone can make a fake leak". Even a publicist. There does not need to be any identity theft or identity fraud for this to be faked. Not even the Snapchat aspect of it was necessarily faked. It could have been something that he sent a friend via Snapchat, never meaning for it to go further and his name to be revealed (though that would mean all of this was created to fool one or two people, which does seem rather farfetched).

The only things that needed to be faked were the actual Super Smash Bros. Ultimate materials. So, let's look at them for a second.

Leak 2.png

This is the image that has received the most attention, specifically the multi panel image in the middle. This image, apparently depicting a version of the Battlefield background used in the Mural but with the characters removed, has been reviewed in detail by a number of artists and digital arts enthusiasts, most notably ArtsyOmni, whose video on the subject can be found here.

I, however, am not an enthusiast or expert in digital art manipulation, nor of artistic techniques or analysis. So I will leave that to those who are.

Instead, I will focus on other, less analyzed aspects of the leaked materials, which I do have experience with.

Beneath the "LOL" emoji is what appears to be a set of display instructions for a circular hanging display. The display would contain the mural, wrapped into a circle (taking advantage of the fact that the mural's edges merge seamlessly), and suspended from four lines that converge at a single hanging point. This makes it clear that this is a display to be hung from the ceiling, and that the mural image would go on the outside of it.

Now, here is where things get interesting. It has been pointed out by some that the Mural image on this hanging display is not properly scaled, and that the mural would not fit on the display as shown. Whomever has made such an argument is an individual whom I can only assume has never had to set up a retail display, or at least, never actually looked at the instructions for doing so. Because, as someone who has set up dozens, and reviewed the instructions for probably hundreds over the course of seven years work in retail, I can assure you that the instructions for those displays are NEVER properly scaled. Or properly clipped. Or properly angled. Or properly sized. Or properly representative of the space you actually HAVE on a display to put the items they're telling you will fit there. Or-

Ahem. Apologies. Anyway, the point is, the instruction pages that come with display materials are designed to show you how to assemble them, how to display them, and what to put where. They are never artistically accurate. Literally, NEVER. The only ones I have seen which are accurate in terms of visuals are ones which are simply pictures taken of already assembled displays (which are inferior for the purposes of showing how to assemble such displays to the simple line drawings with cutouts).

The reasoning for the art being off is actually very simple: It's nothing but a placeholder, and its only purpose is to convey to you what side should face out, or to help confirm which piece you're looking for. Frequently (though not always), if the item being displayed is a book, magazine, or game (anything with a definitive "front") the picture will be skipped entirely, and instead replaced with a simple display of the title in block text. The images which do show up are usually minimal effort. Low quality images, taken from a camera, badly shoved into place, and then clipped to fit the block lines. Sometimes they will be perspective shifted to match the angle of the display. Sometimes not. Sometimes they'll be perspective shifted to NOT match at all (which can be really infuriating to see from someone with mild OCD about clean displays).

Scrolling down, we then see the three panel display. It has been said that these are for a light box display, and that would explain the low quality and color shifting of the art. I do not disagree or argue the point that a light box display would need to be altered in such a way. From personal experience, it would, though I cannot say what the result would be. However, I would argue that the image in question is simply too small to be used effectively for such a purpose. The light box displays I've worked with in the past are frequently quite large, and this one is roughly the size of a single sheet of paper for a three panel display. No. In actuality, this is another page of display instructions. While it is probably display instructions for such a light box, its purpose is merely to highlight which panel goes in which part of the display, to assure that the panels are in order and properly displayed.

And before you ask, the answer is yes. Such instructions do indeed assume that you are a moron who cannot tell which parts of a continuous display image go where just from looking at them.

Below that, we have further block diagrams, including some empty boxes which could be filled with instructions, more photos, or information specific to a particular store or outlet as this material is distributed.

So this entire image is actually a picture of display instructions for promotional material, rather than promotional material itself. It is likely a picture of a picture of promotional items, both taken with poor cameras, and neither intended to be professional quality.

Leak 1.png

This image, on the other hand, which I have yet to see be artistically analyzed at all, is itself promotional material.

It's a packaged display of a circular item. It appears to be a wristband, due to both the size and the taper at the end. You can also see a faint outline of those same hanging instructions in this image, above the wristband, that looks as though it's being shown through a blank sheet of paper. The wristband appears very professionally produced, with properly scaled images placed correctly on the wristband.

So, after reviewing these images, the only conclusion I can come to is that this is 100% genuine. Artistic anomalies in the instructions are expected. In fact, I would be honestly shocked if they were not there. This gentleman's role in the company likely includes either review of materials, or assembly of the instructions themselves. The images used were likely taken by a worker at this company (if not the gentleman in question), on a low quality camera, and jumbled and edited into place to fit the lines and serve their bare purpose of being a placeholder (they were almost assuredly NOT provided by Nintendo). Any artistic analysis of those pieces is utterly irrelevant to the validity of the leak.

papagenos papagenos Billybae10K Billybae10K - This might be something you guys would want to review.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
While nice to have, the important thing is finally getting a playable GS character.
That's what I've been looking for all these years.
I'm pretty sure Felix still has a chance anyways. I think echo DLC is gonna happen, for what it's worth. They're pretty easy additions from what it seems, so I don't think they really have any reason not to add them.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Incineroar might be getting a new form similar to Ash-Greninja!
So Ash would have two Pokemon with special forms on his team? Sounds a bit overkill. And of course it still won't help him become the champion

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
So how do you guys feel there is no Felix echo?
As awesome as a Felix echo fighter is, he was always a bonus to Isaac which we are lucky to be finally getting if he is in after fighting for it for over a decade so I wouldn't be too greedy. I can easily bet on Isaac at least getting a Felix alt costume like this

He could happen if we get DLC echoes and if we do hopefully get new Golden Sun games in the future he'll have an even better shot as echo DLC.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
I tried figuring out Isaacs pose in the supposed leak, maybe I will brush it up if i am motivated!
Wondered where I should post this, so i figured here would be fitting, since i was lurking here for a while :)
ok .... THIS is great can you make one for chorus and mach rider please? :p you'r good

Top Bottom