• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB 3! Greensboro, NC! Date: March 27-28 2010! BIG UPDATES READ EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
learn ddd he's simple and gay...but you'll get ***** by meta's unless you really take time to learn the MU so learn someone else too

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
The first post needs to get updated so badly. The tourney is less than a month away and there is like no hype and no preparation apparent on the thread.

I really want this to be a big event. We've got pros coming from up and down the east coast, which is a great start, but this is going to fall short of HERB2 if we don't get some more hype going for it, starting with the front page.

Mango, you better not duck your first NC tourney. I was rather looking forward to watching PP beat you in Grand Finals, bro.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Everyone knows about it, and alot of people are comming, it's just that no one is talking about it.
But yeah, the front page here and in the tournament listings thread needs to be updated. Vilt should give the updating rights to PP so he can keep track of stuff.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
you were never a troll. you were just a ******* who tried to cover it up by saying you're a troll.
( im gonna have fun with this guy.)

@twitch: mk hasnt one a big tourney in a while bro. actually out of the six national tourneys, mk only won twice. just throwing out some knowledge fo dese hoe's

rhan

Smash Hero
Only becuz NC is like my second home n I like hangin with you guys...

I really have NO possible way of making it down there this time unless that date gets pushed (even high I know my opinion won't do a **** thing LOLOL) but yea... Mango's goin to this so eff changin the date... BLOW THE FUKKIN ROOF OFF AT THIS TOURNEY GUYS! ****S GETTIN FOR SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!

Jon?

Smash Champion
Concerning MK and big tournies. This is the tier list and top placings at recent 2010 tournies.

Tier list:
1. Meta
2. Snake
3. Diddy
4. Falco

VC7:
1. Snake
2. Diddy
3. Meta
4. Falco

TP4:
1. Meta
2. Falco
3. Meta
4. Diddy

HOBO 22:
1. Diddy
2. Meta
3. Snake
4. Falco

R3:
1. Falco
2. Meta
3. Meta
4. Meta

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'm still pretty excited for this. I hope there is a great turnout. Mango, you should come.

If only Vilt would log onto SWF a few times a week...

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Concerning MK and big tournies. This is the tier list and top placings at recent 2010 tournies.

Tier list:
1. Meta
2. Snake
3. Diddy
4. Falco

VC7:
1. Snake
2. Diddy
3. Meta
4. Falco

TP4:
1. Meta
2. Falco
3. Meta
4. Diddy

HOBO 22:
1. Diddy
2. Meta
3. Snake
4. Falco

R3:
1. Falco
2. Meta
3. Meta
4. Meta
MK-7
Falco-4
Diddy-3
Snake-2
I felt compel to total those numbers up

Jon?

Smash Champion
Usually the top 3 at big tournaments have very close matches. It's not like 1st place always wins by a large margin.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Regardless, they didnt make the cut, cant base stuff off of "maybes" or " what if's".
Um no. From my understanding of tier lists, only first place finishes are not how tier lists are made at all. It's about the frequency a certain character places high or wins.

If what you said is true then Marth would have been #1 on the Melee tier list for a really long time (which he never was) and Jiggs would be now (which she wouldn't be).

DJRome

Smash Hero
i feel like i should play falco. . .
edit:tier lists originally measured placements in tourney. idk why that supposedly changed

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
A tier list is based off of how Characters do vs the entire cast. Tourney placings has no real weight on tier list.
Okay, this was the only other thing I thought tier lists might be based on.

Wouldn't tourney placings be a reflection of how a certain character does against the entire cast (or at least the important part)?

lord karn

Smash Master
Tourney placing don't matter because they also measure player skill and the frequency that each character is used, which both are confounding variables when trying to find out merely how well each character does vs. the whole cast.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Okay, this was the only other thing I thought tier lists might be based on.

Wouldn't tourney placings be a reflection of how a certain character does against the entire cast (or at least the important part)?
The problem with that is that characters aren't represented properly in tournament. Obviously we don't have to worry about the lack of MK and snakes, but what about characters you rarely see? How will you represent them?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
The problem with that is that characters aren't represented properly in tournament. Obviously we don't have to worry about the lack of MK and snakes, but what about characters you rarely see? How will you represent them?
they don't get represented much. thats why they are so low on the tier list.

Vilt

Smash Lord
I apologize for the lack of being on but expect more from now on.

This is happening no matter what you think. Plenty of people have registered and it will go down.

If you want to see who has, just check out the registration website.

Only bad news that I have is that due to the lack of Brawl+ registration(No one has registered), I am considering removing it from the tournament. If the community still wants brawl+, go register.

Edit: Also any NC smasher who thinks that just because we are NC and bros, that you can just show up the day of the tournament and I'm going to add you in, is sadly mistaken. Pools will be ready to go and you are just causing a problem and delaying my tournament. Sorry to sound like an a$$hole but that is not my intention.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
This is happening no matter what you think. Plenty of people have registered and it will go down.

Also any NC smasher who thinks that just because we are NC and bros, that you can just show up the day of the tournament and I'm going to add you in, is sadly mistaken.
After reading the first part of your post, I don't get this. Would you really turn someone away that had plenty of money and came to the tournament hours before their event started?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom