• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Helping The Useless: Move Theorymon

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I have a feeling cheeseball has never played beyond third Gen, or even payed any attention to the games since then.

Leech Life is now a Special Attack, and so, it run's off Sheddy's pathetic SpA stat.
o.o get your facts straight before you lecture people

i did play 3rd gen and i've been playing 4th gen competitive for ages, and i trained a zubat from scratch in hg so i'd know about leech life >_>

give whirlpool 90% accuracy and fix it at 4 turns so politoed and lapras whirlpool perishtrapping becomes viable outside pokemon stadium 2 lol

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Why is it that EQ gets 100 accuracy and yet stone edge has the same power and gets only 80 accuracy?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
earthquake has 100 base power
stone edge has 120 base power

not the same power

also, do not give infernape any more reason to be broken, he has sword dance and nasty plot to abuse along with almost infinite versatility

HE DOESN'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE!!!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Stone Edge
N: A physical Rock-type move which also has a 30% chance of causing the foe to flinch. It has 100 base power and 80% accuracy.

Thank you for watching: Competitive Moves 101, where you disprove your ideas, one move at a time.

:3

mood4food77

Smash Hero
oh wow...it does have base 100....

i always thought it was 120

i'm dumb and the only reason i think that it has 80% accuracy is because of 2 possible reasons:

1. rock is a very good offensive type
2. almost every ground pokemon in the game learns it and it is the best compliment to earthquake

like, if it was perfect accuracy, it might be too much for many teams to handle as edgequake has near perfect coverage (only levitate bronzong, breloom, and torterra resist it)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Stone Edge has a high-crit ratio, that's why it's 100/80.

Also, GF made Draco Meteor and Un-dodge-able DPunch. 100/100 no-effect Rock move is not overpowered to them.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Stone Edge
N: A physical Rock-type move which also has a 30% chance of causing the foe to flinch. It has 100 base power and 80% accuracy.

Thank you for watching: Competitive Moves 101, where you disprove your ideas, one move at a time.

Stone edge doesn't flinch. It has a high critical hit ratio.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I thought Tery was making a suggestion.

It kind of makes more sense that he's wrong, though.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, forgot that grass type doesn't have many physical attackers. That leaves only Victreebel, Torterra , Tangrowth , Leafeon and Shaymin

Edit: I forgot Breloom, Parasect, and Cacturne

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
None of those Pokemon would really want to pass up a moveslot for Vine Whip, especially since they lack Technician.

It'd still be a fun gimmick, though.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I think that since flare blitz has a 10% chance of burning, wood hammer should get something like that.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Sort of like Stomp, right, Tery?

And everyone knows Stomp flinches

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
When I first heard of Bug Resistance, I though it would be given to grass types to help them cope with their bug weakness.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Bug resistance would be arguably good if it overwrote any weaknesses COMPLETELY and made them resist bug.

Like on Psychic/Dark types. Imagine those resisting Bug instead of being x4 weak to it.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Bug resistance-
0 power
100 acc.
15PP
Grass type

The user coats itself with insecticide, if the foe is a bug type, their attack and sp. attack are lower 1 stage. The user now take 1/2 damage from bug type moves regardless of type.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Bug resistance:
20 Power
90 Acc
5 PP
Bug Type

Has a 50% chance of lower your opponent's SpA by 3 Stages, if the target is bug-type, this effect can also drop the target's Attack by 3 Stages.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I actually think he was joking about how the effect you proposed was overpowered.

or just highly situational and therefore not a change worth making...

obv :012:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Iron Tail with 200 BP? That makes it stronger than an un-STAB Explosion (provided Iron Tail gets STAB itself)! From what I see, Steelix can put it to better use thanks to its Dream World Ability, Encourage.

To stay on topic, one move that begs to be powered up is Submission. Sure, there's the improved Hi Jump Kick, but not all Pokémon has access to it. They ought to up the power to 120 to make it usable. Yeah, there's Take Down too, but Double-Edge is there to fill the roll of a powerful Normal recoil move. Hi Jump Kick may be a Fighting-type recoil move, but unlike other recoil moves, the recoil damage is abnormal, inflicting damage equal to half the user's max HP upon missing, which can be a major problem, especially with how some people (myself included) are oftentimes the victim of unfortunate hax. That's just my thought though. What do you guys think?

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I think 140 bp while holding a lagging tail is balanced enough considering that you lose speed and that Iron tail has a sketchy 75 accuracy. The question is, is it worth using?

Top Bottom