• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with SH-Dair cancel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshie

Smash Apprentice
Ive just recentley found out how to do this (short hopping , doing a dair, and land standing,no LAG) but ive had to switch my button confing to do it profecientley, (swapped use of Y and B) Otherwise I was able to do it using two fingers,(wont work when actually fighting) anyone have any ideas of doing this with regulation button config and any uses for it? Thanks

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
I do it with regular button configuration by sliding my thumb from X to A quickly, but I can't do it with perfect consistancy, like maybe 85% of the time (even though I rarely use SH dair so it might just be lack of training that make me unable to do it 100% of the time)

Anyway, it's good to ''combo'' into jab stuff at lower % (SH autocancel dair > jab jab > grab) and it can be followed with another aerial at higher % if it knock them up high enough (knee in best case scenario) two dairs can also combo into each others like first knock them up then second nipple-launch them.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I can do it almost 100% consistently with Y as jump and A as attack. There's really not much to say, just press A immediately after Y. Your thumb should have no problem covering both buttons at once, so just do a quick flick with your thumb or something.

I use the same method for Ganondorf btw.

Player-3

Smash Hero
just hold down on the control stick, press x and slide your thumb down to A really quickly.

works wonders

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
they've pretty much already covered it, practice a bit, and you'll get your consistency up to 100% in no time, but then again, i co-main Ganondorf, so, i was sort of forced to get it right, as it's one of his main staples

hmm, also, if you find it easier to do so, you could try using the c-stick (make sure tap jumping is on for this one) and just, c-stick down at the same moment you joystick up to jump (Eva tells me it's easier for him that way)

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I slide from Y to C-Stick down. That's a stupid idea so I'll do it the way the rest of you guys do it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Q&A thread please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom