• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help with direction of recovery

g5tran

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to learn to play marth, so I've been practicing chasing opponents off the stage trying to gimp them. I have no problem getting to them and hitting them with an aerial but I have trouble getting back on the stage. I save the double jump and all, but my main problem is turning around after hitting my opponent so that i can dolphin slash toward the stage. Most of the time I end up dolphin slashing away from the stage which ends with marth being like inches away from the edge falling to his death.

Does anyone have tips on how to turn marth around in the air to dolphin slash correctly, and how to do it quickly?

-Ran

Smash Master
You just Hold Up->Direction of the stage and then hit B. The Tilt decides the direction.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Honestly, it just takes some getting used to. I had the problem for about 4 or 5 days, but after a few matches, it just becomes do it right or you'll die, and you eventually pick it up. Practice just helps make it habit though =]

\|/
- -
/|\

8 Directions you can go.

\|/
Top 3 are the ones that trigger dolphin slash

\ /
Those are the ones that change the direction. Just gotta do it in the opposite direction =]

Happy practicing

xMiMix

Smash Apprentice
Canada, Ontario. I have a really good connection,
Another way that I did it in the begging of my Marth playing, is that if you have time, do a side b once, to the side that you want to be facing. It has little lag and it will surely turn you around. After that just do the dolphin slash. but make sure to not do it too fast else you continue the blade dance. It really saved me a lot of stocks when begging. Sometimes I still use it as a small stall and just to be sure I don't mess up my recovery. I hope that helps, it helped me.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Use xMiMix's method until you master the diagonal tilt. I do it a wierd way where i do a 3/4 circle roll on the joystick until i reach the diagonal i am looking for. I think there are grooves or notches that help you determine where the upper diagonals are.

Top Bottom