• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help needed with final event stages

starvingartist

Smash Cadet
I am having a lot of trouble completing Event stages 49 and 50. I know that the key to beating these is probably just playing better than I am but I was wondering if anybody had some pointers or certain things that they found useful in getting through these stages. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ugh....i could get a warning for posting this, but o well.

what are they? that could REALLLLYYY help. >.>

pdk

Smash Lord
can't you pretty much just use jiggs, camp for most of the events and still win?

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
49- Use either marth or roy and roll around cpus into forward smash and when you knock them a decent ways off start charging your neutral B move. Use marth if you use aerials and tilts, but if you just plan to spam foward smash roy's sweet spot in the center is easier to hit with.

Doc- wait in place, grab, downthrow, smash off side
falco- drop down, roll around, smash off stage.
young link- roll and smash
pichu- same as above
roy- same as above
ganon- same as above

50- Use ganondorf or falcon if you want speed and use up smash on the hands while dodging. With ganondorf you can easily beat it in a minute.

You can use advanced techs if you want but not really necessary.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Number 50 is just an endurance match of standing under the hands and using an upsmash or something. Just spam it and dodge the attacks and then the second hand will be easier since it can't do those weird combos. Now what you're really going to need help with is the showdown. My advice for that is: use Jigs's rest and hope u don't miss. Which event is #49 again?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
for #50, choose roy and counter. i beat it in 30 sec, that's my best.

starvingartist

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys. I will definetly try all of these ideas. Thanks so much for the advice. And yeah I will most likely need help with 51 as well;)

clowsui

Smash Legend
For 50 you could use Falcon or Ganon and spam Usmash.

When you get to 51, just use Jiggs and Rest a lot. It'll take a couple of tries, but hey - it works.

Smash Master
For 49, use Marth and spam F-Smash. For 50, Use Ganon and Spam upsmash.

Wrath`

Smash Master
For 50 i used yoshi's dair move and won.

For 51 jiggalypuff.Downb on giga's head at the right moment to ko him then use rollout on mew2 and gannon

_umbra_

Smash Champion
event 51: As puff, rest all 3 lives from giga bowser first. Watch ganondorf. Don't go near him. After giga is dead, just WOP them, maybe a rest or two, they're slow and stupid.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
I just used Link's upSmash on event 50. And then went back and beat it again with Fox. Wasn't any trouble really...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
you DONT HAVE FD!?!

Roy is still the best bet, i beat it with 0% damage, but it took me 2 minutes. 30 sec is my best (again)

goateeguy

Smash Ace
FD is the best stage in the game, in my opinion. No distractions, nothing to stop a fight, just ruthless pounding on each other to finish the match. It's the perfect place for a duel. Just remember the size of the stage and how far you can be hit before u die, and events 50 and 51 are that much easier.

starvingartist

Smash Cadet
Yeah I am having a lot of trouble with #50. I can't even start pounding on the left hand before I am double teamed to death. I know that I just have to be more aware of what's coming and when. But I am definetly getting frustrated with it;)

I can't wait to have these over and done with.

Corigames

Smash Hero
FD is the best stage in the game, in my opinion. No distractions, nothing to stop a fight, just ruthless pounding on each other to finish the match. It's the perfect place for a duel. Just remember the size of the stage and how far you can be hit before u die, and events 50 and 51 are that much easier.
That's actually why Samus has the advantage there.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Yeah I am having a lot of trouble with #50. I can't even start pounding on the left hand before I am double teamed to death. I know that I just have to be more aware of what's coming and when. But I am definetly getting frustrated with it;)

I can't wait to have these over and done with.
I usually start with the right hand so that im as far away from crazy hand as possible during their bizarre combos. Try it and see if it works any better.

Front Smash King

Smash Rookie
#50 you need a good ammount of skill with whoever you use, but #51 you can hust use Puff and Down B, GB, and avoid the other 2 keep up till you kill him, then avoid Gannon at all costs and get rid of Mew2. and so on

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
nah, #50 requires almost no skill.

Ganon: usmash, remember his ininite jumps, you're fine.

Yoshi (not recomended): dair

roy (best bet): stand in the middle and dB.

also, one of the things to remeber is that CC'ing reduces knockback A LOT. you can survive the fist comiing from the background by CC'ing until 300%.

Mechab

Smash Rookie
Well, it requires almost no skill in your opinion. Some of us have to practice alot in order to beat that event. Regardless, I beat that event after half an hour with yoshi.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yeah, i can beat it with yoshi, but it takes longer for me. plus, you lose you jump if you want max damage.

starvingartist

Smash Cadet
nah, #50 requires almost no skill.

Ganon: usmash, remember his ininite jumps, you're fine.

Yoshi (not recomended): dair

roy (best bet): stand in the middle and dB.

also, one of the things to remeber is that CC'ing reduces knockback A LOT. you can survive the fist comiing from the background by CC'ing until 300%.
Ganon's infinite jumps?...please do elaborate.

What is Roy's dB?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
In event 50 just use Fox Up B repeatedly on Giga browser until he dies after that Mewtwo and Ganon might give you some trouble so just wait for them to strike first so you can smash them away.

Smash Master
If you press down or away on the control stick while hanging from the ledge, you will drop off the ledge. If you then quickly press up, you will use your double jump and either grab the ledge again or, if your character has hops or you are fast, land on the stage itself. With Ganondorf, you can drop off the ledge and grab back on repeatedly. If you do it fast enough, you will be invincible until you decide to climb back onto the stage. This is because every character has a short moment of invincibility when they first grab the ledge. Ganondorf's double jump is so small that a player can let go and regrab the ledge while maintaining that invincibility. Other characters jump higher, so they lose their invincibility by the time they grab the ledge again. While the hands are stationary, you can up-smash them. While they are attacking, you can jump or wavedash onto the ledge and use the infinite jump stall until the hands re-enter their stationary mode.

Edit: Roy's dB is his Down-B, which is like Marth's counter except it doesn't last as long and it deals 1.5 damage that the attack you countered would have done to you. I wouldn't recommend it for this event match, as one hand could grab you while you are countering the other one.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
well, for younger players it can be a bit tough. me personally seeing as i beat it when i was like 15, took a fewdays! @coreygames: u cant edghog crazyhand! u dont knock him anywhere, its a stamina match! do u even own the game?

starvingartist

Smash Cadet
Haha I wish I was a younger player so I could claim that as an excuse for not beating it yet. But I think a 19 year old should be able to clear it. My problem is I keep practicing my tech skill instead of trying to beat these events.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol, i beat it when i was 13. (a year ago)

using ganon's vB in the air gives him infinite jumps, which gives him the spot of mid recovery tier.

Roy's vB is counter, does x2 damage. 30% damage attack x 2 = fast.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
all you do is hold down on the control stiq, then press the B button. y'know, the red one.

Top Bottom