• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help mexican players to attend APEX 2013

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Greetings, SWF fellas!

I have recently been contacted by Waymas, known for being one of the most consistent player in Mexico, winning almost every tournament he goes to.
He was talking about his interest of attending APEX to represent our country, along with Wonf, the guy won who won the latest Mexican National.
However, they are asking for help from Brawl community. Aparently, right now they don't have the funds for going, staying, and participating APEX.

So, that's basically it.
Some people of the Mexican Elite need money so they can go to APEX.

EDIT3:
If you want to help, you can send the donations (Paypal) to: edgar.wms@gmail.com

EDIT: Some other players wants to join the party. The full list of interested people at the moment is:

-Waymas - The most consistent player in Mexico.
-Wonf - The current champion.
-TKD - Not just TKD, he's THE TeeKayDee.
-Addy - Until just now, listed as a Top 5 Dedede.
-Richi - A very good, underrated Lucario player.
-Rafa - Another very Solid Snake, very consistent player

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
Waymas here :) support us :) were saving money too ! Were not telling u guys to pay the entire trip just to help us with some money . Anything will be greatly appreciated ! :)

We're currently looking on how u guys can help us im guessing via paypal is the best idea.

Other mexicans that will prolly go:

TKD
Addy
Richi

tanbasilio

Smash Rookie
Last Apex, Javi, a mexican player of Melee goes to Apex and he do a great job.

Next year I hope to see Wonf and Waymas at APEX2013 , Wonf is a strong Marth Player and Waymas is probably the best Wario of the World, he beats Zebra at the World Tournament of Warios that here did at 2010.

Well, they have my support. Hope to see American Players support.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Waymas is a beastly Wario, you people, it's going to be very interesting if he makes it to Apex. These are no random guys trying to assist just for the lulz.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Greetings, SWF fellas!

I have recently been contacted by Waymas, known for being one of the most consistent player in Mexico, winning almost every tournament he goes to.
He was talking about his interest of attending APEX to represent our country, along with Wonf, the guy won who won the latest Mexican National.
However, they are asking for help from Brawl community. Aparently, right now they don't have the funds for going, staying, and participating APEX.

So, that's basically it.
Two people of the Mexican Elite need money so they can go to APEX.

They didn't tell me how they can be helped though, they said they'll give me some info about that later, but they asked me to make this thread so they can see if there are people with actual interest on supporting them.
What characters do Waymas and Wonf play?

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
IIRC Waymas is Wario and Wonf is Marth

Edit: I was right
Last Apex, Javi, a mexican player of Melee goes to Apex and he do a great job.

Next year I hope to see Wonf and Waymas at APEX2013 , Wonf is a strong Marth Player and Waymas is probably the best Wario of the World, he beats Zebra at the World Tournament of Warios that here did at 2010.

Well, they have my support. Hope to see American Players support.
Read the thread next time before you ask a question, in case it has been answered already

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It's okay, the more activity this thread gets, the better, so people can notice it.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
If there is a way these Mexican players can find their way up to say Houston or Dallas or one of the megabus locations in Texas, travel expenses can cut in half. If you order tickets just when the schedules are released(around 3-4 months ahead), tickets are around 1-5 dollars each, so you could maybe get to New York under $50 round trip, but this isn't including the possible hotel stays(which you could split).

Edit: Also, bring ADN to Apex--that awesome Pit player with you guys!

And you would need to buy one of the Intec 7inch Portable Wii Screens and bring a couple with you guys. It makes the bus trip go faster, plus you can practice on the bus. GA/AL/FL did that on the way to Whobo 4. We rode megabus and had a mini-tournament + tons of friendlies on the bus.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
If there is a way these Mexican players can find their way up to say Houston or Dallas or one of the megabus locations in Texas, travel expenses can cut in half. If you order tickets just when the schedules are released(around 3-4 months ahead), tickets are around 1-5 dollars each, so you could maybe get to New York under $50 round trip, but this isn't including the possible hotel stays(which you could split).
sounds like a good option, thanks for your input.

Edit: Also, bring ADN to Apex--that awesome Pit player with you guys!
I haven't heard of him/her, you sure he's from Mexico?

And you would need to buy one of the Intec 7inch Portable Wii Screens and bring a couple with you guys. It makes the bus trip go faster, plus you can practice on the bus. GA/AL/FL did that on the way to Whobo 4. We rode megabus and had a mini-tournament + tons of friendlies on the bus.
gotta get one of those, sounds too legit

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Alan! Make it out To Apex so I can meet you!!!! Do it!
I know!! I also want to go so we can meet, but it's very very hard for me to afford the trip and to actually get all the documents :/

I'm already trying to get a job to actually try to make it!

tanbasilio

Smash Rookie
Well, at APEX 2011 you help Zero to going at the tournament. I hope we can help this time to these mexican guys.

By the way, now I realized that TKD and Addy are asking for help, they are top mexican players, for me Addy the best DDD. Richi is now the best Lucario of Mexico. I'll wait the way to know how help them.

Really happy to see Nairo, M2K, Mekos and other top brawl players here. Thanks for support latin players.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I'm sure ADN is from Mexico, you just must have came after his time. Ask any top Mexican player and they will let you know.

:phone:

Rafa

Smash Rookie
Making all the possible things to go, its 70-30 right now, getting the visa :)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i just paid off my tuition and have barely any $ left otherwise i would pitch in too

but good luck mexico!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I have been watching videos of these guys recently. Very interested to see them come if possible. Don't have any money atm :/ but I will help spread the word of this blog so I can possibly get others to help. Really really hope some of you guys can make it. I was very impressed by the vids I saw and I love when a really good region comes out and shocks people, cause I know a lot of people have no idea how good Mexico is :D

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
There's a fun fact about that: I'm pretty sure than less than 5% of tournament matches in Mexico are recorded and uploaded.
If you actually liked what you saw, you still haven't seen anything.

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
I made a paypal account if you guys are willing to help PM me :) tnx for helping us keitaro!

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
There's a fun fact about that: I'm pretty sure than less than 5% of tournament matches in Mexico are recorded and uploaded.
If you actually liked what you saw, you still haven't seen anything.
I've got matches from the past 2 tournaments I could attend, but anyone could upload them and I didn't have the equipment to do it myself :/

Now that I have the things to do it I haven't been able to attend anything and/or don't think it's a good idea to record matches from about 5 months or so ago

damn money and the bad luck of no finding a job °n°

but yeah, there's a lot of our players that most people don't even know of D:

N3xU5

Smash Apprentice
alan i can upload those mexican tournament matches. Wanna send them to me?

Keitaro

I've got matches from the past 2 tournaments I could attend, but anyone could upload them and I didn't have the equipment to do it myself :/

Now that I have the things to do it I haven't been able to attend anything and/or don't think it's a good idea to record matches from about 5 months or so ago

damn money and the bad luck of no finding a job °n°

but yeah, there's a lot of our players that most people don't even know of D:
Do you happen to have any grand finals sets?

I'd LOVE to upload them in HD if so.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I do have the replays here in my PC... but there's just a problem...

I don't have the brackets images to know which matches are from what round D:

I'm already asking a friend for the bracket tho

Keitaro

I do have the replays here in my PC... but there's just a problem...

I don't have the brackets images to know which matches are from what round D:

I'm already asking a friend for the bracket tho
Thanks. I've been looking to get some international matches on my channel that aren't from the usual Japan, France, and US and I think this would be perfect. I would love to show more of the world what Mexico is capable of.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Just give me a few days to get those bracket images and to organize the replays and I'll post the download link(s) ASAP, just in case someone has the curiosity to watch them all lol

Because I remember there were other hype matches that aren't either WF, LF or GF, so I'll just include some text code with references about the files, matches, players, etc

and thanks a lot for your interest in our community <3

Top Bottom