• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me prove my friend wrong

Duff-Man!

Smash Rookie
My friend thinks he is better than me and he has some really dumb reasoning but he wont listen to me so i thought i ask you guys. I main falco, and I can beat all of his characters except when he plays Jigglypuff, because I am bad at playing against Jigglypuff with Falco. I can beat his jigglypuff with about 8 other characters, but he says that since he can beat my Main character that he is better than me. I don't see how this makes sense.

Fall

Smash Ace
Only advice I can give is just play defensive and SHL like crazy watch out for the wall and I would also recommend a small stage but thats just me. Also im sure there is a topic in the Falco forums for help against jiggz.

I

i8waffles612

Your friend is........ WRONG!!!! he makes no sense....

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Only advice I can give is just play defensive and SHL like crazy watch out for the wall and I would also recommend a small stage but thats just me. Also im sure there is a topic in the Falco forums for help against jiggz.
Or just counterpick his jiggz...
EVERTIME he chooses her, kinda like what I do whenever I'm playing a Fox,
I main marth so he's obviously a bad choice, so whenever someone chooses fox I just choose my falco and shl as much as I can.
Pretty much...

Duff-Man!

Smash Rookie
I know I do. I only choose Falco when he *****es, and i beat him 50% of the time with Falco anyway. Just hope he sees this :)

K4M1K4Z3

Smash Cadet
let me guess, he rests you? same here with my friend but im a fox, just shine his face off

pdk

Smash Lord
being good implies being good in a bunch of situations, if you've got all but one of your bases covered and he's only got one base covered himself then it's obvious here

Fall

Smash Ace
I main marth so he's obviously a bad choice, so whenever someone chooses fox I just choose my falco and shl as much as I can.
Pretty much...
Yea but he says his friend makes fun of him whenever he chooses someone other than his main so he cant really counterpick. I guess he can but then his friend will think he is better than him and we don't want that because his friend is clearly ********

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Here's how I would look at it:
1. Is Jigg his main? Either way, if HE can't beat YOU with his main, then how can he be better if he can't use his main to beat yours? Overkilled pronoun use...whoops.
2. Not even the better player can win ALL the time. Everyone has their weakness, and it sounds like you don't have as much as he does.

Sounds to me like you've got a desperate player trying to look better than he his. Practice to win to end it for sure, but he's just in thin air here with a last excuse which can be eliminated. Watch his play and just pound at any opening with your main. Think about what h's doing, but don't let your thinking make you slow in reaction.

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
well thats stupid i main fox but my bro main`s marth and when he picks his marth i be my shiek he dosent complain that guy is just a a**hole being better dosent count against main`s all day just means ur overall skill and better mastery over the game

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Exactly my point. You can't always win. Even the best of the best. Like I said, it's more of a grab for confidence. We all have our excuses for a loss, some just seem more hidden than others.

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
yea that act gets pulled off like s*** in my school that "grab for confidence" but the good guys always win duffman so be strong and learn the guys strategy and be defensive if needed [which i know u do]

Aiko

Smash Champion
i say learn fox a little. since you main falco, you shouldnt have too much problem since his moveset is similar. Go for up airs with fox to REALLY punish that jiggs. But i would reccommend practicing a little so you get used to fox's physics as he is much faster and lighter, especially with wavedashes. trying to do both falco's and foxes wavedashes are difficult until you learn them both really well.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
the fact that your friend would make fun of you for being able to play more than one character is an indictment of his own ignorance. puff is one of falco's tougher matchups, so it can't hurt to get some experience, but don't be afraid to switch to fox.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Pretty much...
Marth is the closest thing Fox has to a counter...

Giggidax

Smash Ace
dude u should be able to annihilate with falco, unless his jigglypuff is like kings or hes owning u with uthrow>rest combos.
maybe ur jus not used to playing jiggs, be more defensive and try and see thru his fighting methods. look for openings and then own him with aerial shine> aerial attacks
and jus full hop laser him when hes floaitng in the air

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The friend is making a stupid argument. A tournament setting is best out of three, and winning one game with one character against one other character just means you have a better chance of getting completely destroyed in the next game.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
tell him beating ur one character with his one character means nothing. if he cant completely own u hands down then i wouldnt say that hes insanely better than u. basically yea

Flava Flav

Smash Cadet
Wow this is obscenely incorrect... IM THE PERSON HES TAKLING ABOUT... and he didnt tell the truth AT ALL... this is why i am better, I can beat his main then if he plays his #2 who is luigi i play my IC's, Sheik, or Samus and beat that, say he plays his 3 pikachu, i play my IC's and beat it. And my Jiggz beats most of his characters.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Wow this is obscenely incorrect... IM THE PERSON HES TAKLING ABOUT... and he didnt tell the truth AT ALL... this is why i am better, I can beat his main then if he plays his #2 who is luigi i play my IC's, Sheik, or Samus and beat that, say he plays his 3 pikachu, i play my IC's and beat it. And my Jiggz beats most of his characters.
Cry some more. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Except be more coherent about your crying, because I didn't understand a **** word of that.

Flava Flav

Smash Cadet
Cry some more. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Except be more coherent about your crying, because I didn't understand a **** word of that.
uhh...

1). It's not quite crying as much as it is telling the truth (ur a ******).

2). It was quite coherent, seeing as how the guy below the comment understood it and posed a plausible way to tell who is better. (You couldn't understand it cuz ur a ******).

3). Ur a Reeeettttaaarrrdd

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
uhh...

1). It's not quite crying as much as it is telling the truth (ur a ******).

2). It was quite coherent, seeing as how the guy below the comment understood it and posed a plausible way to tell who is better. (You couldn't understand it cuz ur a ******).

3). Ur a Reeeettttaaarrrdd
Stop being so repetitive in your insults and learn some mindgames.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Well, well, looks like I second that 6 year old fighting thing. Give it up, man. "A ******"? Is that all you can do? I think what is said about you is true. Go play Smash and...not...go here. You might need the practice. :laugh:

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
It may just be me but this thread seems to have gone to ****...
meh, whatever it's funny...

MINDGAMES SON!!

Flava Flav

Smash Cadet
wow ok my mind is about to explode from the ignorance of these replies, so ill adress them one by one...

Ankoku... i was saying retarted so many times, because i was wondering if it would sink into his thick skull. Also "go learn some mindgames" i can see my orginal assumtion of Shai being a ****** goes double for u...

Kerocola... wow... just wow... i love how you call me six and say that retarted is a bad insult, whilst you talk as if you were 5, as i quote "What is sad about you is true. Go play some smash and... not... go here." I cannot believe how dumb you sound. Plzzzzz 4 me, learn how to write

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
This thread has lost it's meaning. I feel bad for the topic creator, no wonder he said "I hope he doesn't see this."
See what he means? So now I'm a 5 year old, and I'm dumb? That's an advancement from "******". Keep it up. Advice still sticks though, it's a helpful hint. Do you think anyone here is really fond of you? Save yourself a few words and chill.
Now, picking on your type isn't exactly my style, I'm just playin' with ya. You'll learn not to mind me, and take it easy. No need to get defensive.

Top Bottom