• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me Nana-side!

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Simple Question!

Has anyone discovered how to get Nana to die without killing Popo? In Melee is was easy due to their recovery but now Popo pulls up Nana with the rope. But does anyone have a fool proof method for Brawl?

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Here's one that I have done a few times.

Dash dance by the edge, so that Nana grabs the edge.

D-tilt afterwards.

Nana will let go of the edge and perform a Dair, making Nana dive off the edge and out the level.

Or you can just up-b from really far out/low so that the auto sweetspot is out of range.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Fastest way I've come across is the dash dance dair if you're quick about it, or running upB away from the map as you go off the edge and start DIing back after the midpoint so Nana doesn't come back as far as you do; it's a little faster than going off farther and upBing towards the map.

In Melee, I preferred double jump to edgehog over upB, was a bit faster.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Like already mentioned, it's easier to practice your SoPo. It's also a bit more embarassing if you kill off Nana during a real match, especially if you go on to win.

Just thought of another interesting one: desync to Nana squall hammer off the edge. Could possibly be used for gimping recoveries as well as getting down to SoPo. Probably possible to save her if you wanted to, as well, given that she falls of towards the end of the animation. Someone want to give this a shot and see how it goes?

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Just thought of another interesting one: desync to Nana squall hammer off the edge. Could possibly be used for gimping recoveries as well as getting down to SoPo. Probably possible to save her if you wanted to, as well, given that she falls of towards the end of the animation. Someone want to give this a shot and see how it goes?

That would totally leave the crowd in awe, especially in the last stock. Finishing like that would make the win even sweeter.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
Another way of doing it: go to a scrolling stage such as rumble falls or rainbow cruise and if the opponent is at a high percent, Fthrow/Dthrow/Bthrow CG to Nana, and press the "x" or "y" button if you are using the GC controller and Popo will jump up and away from the danger. Then just sit down, let the scrolling screen do the work, and watch the opponent die a slow, painful, and suicidal death.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i miss melee. at least with that you could use AR codes to just start without nana... but i guess if you wanna practice you could play a real persona and just tell them to wait until you kill nana.

but on a relevant note, i'm gonna try to use that desynced squall to nana suicide. that would be great for edge guarding like all get out [shut up, i know its an old saying....].

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Awwww.... Thanks for the help folks. Good to see your all so keen to rid the world of Nana. And in responce to my reason why... I'll tell ya if I ever perfect it .

Top Bottom