• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against Jiggz

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
My friend is so gay with Jiggz, I would be beating the hell out of him but then he just does that lame up throw --> rest combo, what is the best thing to do against this?

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Upthrow to rest is very very obnoxious if you're Fox. In this specific matchup there are ways to make it happen less. Always be ready for it in your mind, and DI asap. It's easier said than done, but good fox players can DI out of it. Keep your distance and spam lazers. It sounds gay, but it's not half as gay as upthrow rest. Another way to prevent being grabbed is to spam shines. Shine comes out quicker than grab, so when they are nearby you shine. Move around constantly too, make sure you shorthop or fulljump your lazers. Learn to reverse direction and shoot lazers. Make sure you L cancel and fastfall everything to prevent yourself from being grabbed. As soon as the jiggs reaches high percentage (around 55% depending on the stage) you should begin to upsmash at any chance you get. This will make the jiggs never want to pick jiggs against you again.

flaco

The Terminator
I agree with solar but remember that fox has and advantage over jiggs is the shine so use it and that thing up throw ti will rarely happened flaco at your services

usmash out of shield everything you can, and its pretty obvious when youre going to get grabbed by her because shes pretty slow and gets few oppurtunities on a good fox, so just DI.
and dont land in front of her sheild...ever. that may be why you think uthrow rest is gay.

Smash Cadet
I believe this has been stated, but if your getting Grabbed -> Rested, then prevent yourself from getting grabbed. . . (duh!)
Shine after your moves to prevent being shieldgrabbed. dont forget to Lcancel ! xD

Animal control

Smash Ace
If you get grabbed and he throw you up just DI different directions, so you don't get rest, camp and use the Laser. Also up-throw jiggz alot.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
spam lasers like crazy, be technical while grabbing alot.shes not marth so u can space her out 2 with like back airs and like d tilts. a jab 2 upsmash works well on her,or a drill 2 grab 2 u air. if they sheild alot grab like he11

*this is a keepspeedn post*

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
Unless you like to dthrow tech chase, I've never found grabbing a jiggs to yeild particulary useful results. She can jump out of a uthrow -> uair almost effortlessly.
good point i do d throw alot. its good to b random. and block with and upsmash out of sheild is another awsome tactic because they like 2 pound alot.......wel atleast king does lol!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well as a Jigglypuff player myself my friend who plays as fox beats me all the time now cause he's jigglyproof. Try DIing his up throw, if you do then he can't rest you. If you fail to DI the up throw DI the rest. You can survive a up throw rest on FD right next to the edge if you DI it. Also Dashdance a lot and make use of your speed. Don't let Jigglypuff play defensive, don't go to it. Let it come to you, when it comes grab her and use the up throw to a up air. Kill's at 50%. If you stop puff from playing defensively, then you shouldn't worry about it grabing you. Try using B foward to get back on the edge instead of B up. This will only be usefull untill the jigglypuff learns how to edge gaurd with D smash. If it trys to rollout you you can jab it, up smash it, shine it, or F smash it to stop it completely and hurt it. It will take timing tho. When it goes off the edge instead of going out to shine it just laser at it. The last thing you want is Jigglypuff pounding you out all the way off the edge. Also if a Jigglypuff trys to up tilt you stay away, it's trying to rest combo you. But this will only happen if you let it play defensively. Also if you are in a tourny against a puff and you can counter pick and ban. Ban Mute City and counter pick with Onett.

Basicly, use fox's speed to your advantage, dash dance, JC grab, JC upsmash, kill rollout, DI upthrow or DI rest, use up throw to u air, up smash alot, laser spam, and keep that puff away from you.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
telling people that my name is pronouced "Typ
Please read this post, shade...I had the EXACT same problem here. Jigglymaster is on the right track...Here's a little better explained....

1: Lasers. You MUST laser spam in this matchup. In no way will you consistently approach a jigglypuff. Jigglypuff can gay you beyond belief when it is playing defensively. Since jigglypuff has very few lag-free moves, it's easy to punish a jigglypuff that's approaching you. When you do attack, make sure it's a hit-and-run. Get some % tacked on, then run away and laser spam. Since jigglypuff has no projectiles, there's nothing they can do about laser spam.

2: DI. You need to learn how to do this. You need to present as little openings as you can to the jigglypuff. Like fox, jigglypuff has a very easy time punishing mistakes. You have to present as little opportunies as possible. But we're only human. When you whiff an attack or and l-cancel, make sure to hold left/right to DI. Most puffs will uthrow you as soon as they have grabbed you to prevent DI. You almost need to be DIing before they even grab you.

3: U-throw to uair. This is one of your most favored tricks in your arsenal. Simply grab, upthrow, and double jump as soon as you can and do a uair. The fastest way to jump is to hold up on the control stick before you even finish the uthrow and once you jump, press x/y. The control stick jump is registered by the game as you jumping on close to the first frame you can. This maximizes your chance for a hit, and at around 45-50%, a kill. HOWEVER, keep in mind that jigglypuff CAN smash DI the first hit of the uair and avoid the second hit. If you can, avoid the first hit, and hit with only the second one. This is pretty hard, but maximizes your chance for a kill.

4: Counterpicks: Under no circumstance will jigglypuff take you to mute city. ALWAYS ban it against jigglypuffs in tourney matches. If you counterpick them, make sure you choose a stage with a small ceiling like yoshi's story, corneria, or yoshi's island(with the pipes). BTW jigglymaster, Onnet is banned... >_>'

leafgreen386 said:
Unless you like to dthrow tech chase, I've never found grabbing a jiggs to yeild particulary useful results. She can jump out of a uthrow -> uair almost effortlessly.
Wrong. Time your jumps better. gg n00b.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Don't land in front of Jigglys sheild, DI after throws and L-cancel attacks straight into the shine. Get around Jigglys Bair spam and trick him. Build damage from a distance, up close at times as well, upsmash jiggly, her weight is horrid and it kills her at really low percents. Pick stages with low ceilings and don't be predictable when playing, switch your game up often.

Conduct Mind Control over the match O_o

Also, Don't try and be flashy, be efficient.

flaco

The Terminator
fox has the advantage in these situation but I see your problem he crouches so you cant laser spam right then shl short hop laser and it will hit him thats all then he will have no choice but come to you thats all I hoped that helped also um if you don't know shl is short hop laser.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
What ledge camping Jiggly?

Blaster smam isn't nearly as effective, and upon approach Jiggz can do a double fair/nair/pound/other, leaving her with many invincibility and high-priority frames. Jump-cancelled upsmash works occasionally, but wiith Jiggz being the defender, she can often read me and punish.

Are mindgames/outcamping reallly the only solutions? Sometimes a full-hopped nair works, but that often leaves me in a bad position.

Not that I see this type of Puff often, but it still pops up from time to time, or at least briefly in other matches.

What to do?

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
I can't spam lasers because all he does is crouch and make it so I have to fight up close
Crouching does reduce the chance of the laser hitting them. If you short hop laser(like falco does), you can sometimes hit them. Also, if you can SHDL, the second laser will hit them 100%.

EDIT: Shiva, the answer is that you must outcamp them. Like I said, jigglypuff has a very easy time on fox when she can play defensively. You need to simply be more patient than they are. Sometimes you can lure them out with a fake out wavedash or a shine->JC-> run away, but it won't work all the time. Most of the time you have to spam laser until they come to you. When they do, do a lot of sheilding to the bairs and try to get an upsmash out of sheild.

flaco

The Terminator
Crouching does reduce the chance of the laser hitting them. If you short hop laser(like falco does), you can sometimes hit them. Also, if you can SHDL, the second laser will hit them 100%.
thank you thats what I meant to say bro shl will hit him

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
I can't SHDL what should I do to practice, I try jumping then mashing b but I still only just shoot one

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
You need to practice your DSHL then.

Remember to keep your control stick tilted in the direction you want to go, I don't think you should DSHL if you're not moving.

Then, short hop (with any of the jump methods, x and y are more effective as they allow greater horizontal distance) and hit b just after you jump. After you hit b, fastfall and hit b again twice. I THINK that's how I do it, but I don't have my controller in my hand, so I'll try editing this later.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
I can't SHDL what should I do to practice, I try jumping then mashing b but I still only just shoot one

Ok here's how you do it...don't listen to moggie, I frankly have no idea what he's talking about :psycho:

Ok so the basic button pressing order is short hop, then press B twice. It's a lot harder than that though. My best way of doing this is to slide your finger from the Y button to the B button, as opposed to pressing the Y button lightly, then moving your finger to the B button, and pressing B. This is how I used to do it, and the slide method is MUCH easier.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I use Wak's method to SHDL, use up on the stick to short hop.

It doesn't allow movement, but it's quite easy to do since you don't have to move your fingers anywhere.

Ceriph

Smash Apprentice
Dont...Get....Thrown. I was experience that dilema a few days ago but I simply force my friend to reveal his technique by DC my run and then I up-smash into an Uair, into a Nair when he decides to come down.

Granted, my techniques arent the greatest, but it works for racking up percentage and keeping yourself rest free. Also, my friends not too bright.

So you may have to deviate from that plan and improvise. Just avoid throws.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Personally against jiggs I drillshine spam. (must have good lcanceling and JCing.) Then grap to upthrow.

Ceriph

Smash Apprentice
Thats like 4 words 3 dots and a letter. Sorry I couldn't resist. As for that combo, I've faced it alittle lately and the only thing i can tell you still is dont get thrown. Do the drill shine like was suggested if you use fox. If your another character come from above so you can move him alittle and then combo his *** into oblivion.

But ya, if it gets you, don't get frustrated, it's going to happen occasionally, just come back and deviate.

Doval

Smash Lord
Aside from all the other useful tips everyone else mentioned, try doing d-air -> jab -> u-smash instead of d-air -> shine if you do manage to land a drill.

Doval

Smash Lord
Yeah, it works pretty well. Just be careful that the puff doesn't DI the jab away (it's rare, but some do it...) in that case, you'll probably whiff the up smash unless you start a dash and JC it.

Also, if you successfully land a drill (i.e. the puff didn't shield it) you can also combo an up-tilt after it. That's another way to kill 'em.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I usually focus on mindgames in this matchup,Like when I jump towards the jigglypuff but then do a shine and jump up.DI from those Uthrows+rest combos.Uthrow+Uair works on them at a low percentage.And spam lasers from a distance.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
well i get alot of experience playing my friend and the jigglypuff game focuses on shffl dance so I would suggest playing a textbook Fox and shield- grabbing uthrow > uair lol also spamming lasers to piss her off and finish with a up smash out of shield . and plus the shield grab eliminates shffl abusers like jigglypuff (^.^)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
sheild grab won't work on jiggs, and the uthrow>uair stops working at like 15%. just shl, shdl, fhtl, and usmash.

try the drill>usmash. it works sometimes, but don't overuse it cause it can be shielded.
Sheildsmashing works wonders.

If they pound, they should die: jc usmash. waveshield>usmash works too.

But laser them until like 60% then try to usmash them. (that % is stage dependant).

Top Bottom