• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello, I'm Ganon!

TheLostHylian

Smash Cadet
You're gettin' chain thrown
You make it so easy, so can ya blame me?
Apologize if I do anything else that's rather obscene
So welcome to your dead end
I'm gonna have so much fun, believe me
So what's up with these noob *****es?
And why they think it all comes so easy?

So come on over here boy
So I can f-air you into next year boy
Yeah and I'll be right here on this stage
Warlock Punch set to engage
Knocking you off into a rage
With my wavelands and my chainthrows
Beating you into frustration
When I am here at work, all I see is your damnation
Hate my u-air, my vulture kick?
Thanks for that cheap one stock donation
Cuz I can see that the ledge is for the taking
Watch me take it!

All I care about is Smashin', I'ma play until I've won
Thunder-Punchin', can you feel it? Thunder Drop ya when I'm done
You are running out of luck, and your excuses are so dumb
I'm really gonna own ya, somebody shoulda told ya

I'm Ganon
Yeah, ****er, I'm Ganon
Yeah, I said I'm Ganon
Get out, I'm Ganon

Four controllers and I got that Cube
I'm playin' you just like a noob
Watch how far that you get hit
To my power you will submit
Cuz I'm Ganon
Yeah, ****er, I'm Ganon

Hello all. I'm Zack, from NC. Been playing Smash Brothers since 64 came out when I was in elementary school. Beasted with Kirby, and it took me a few years to warm up to Melee. Started out with Jigglypuff, then moved on to Falco. After searching the web for Melee information, I stumbled upon "Triforce of Power" by Tipman. His video inspired me to play Ganondorf, and I've been maining him ever since, with Sheik on the side as my secondary. While I'm nowhere near as good as Tipman, Linguini, G.Vice and the rest, they have inspired me to master the hardest hitting fighter in the game. They make all the tools at his disposal look so easy, and I want to be that good. So, thanks guys, for your combo videos and your help threads, you've helped me a bunch!

Anyway, this is my intro thread. I felt it only right to make it in my character's board on my favorite multiplayer game ever. Brawl came out and I was sorely disappointed (but thankful for Brawl+, where I still main Ganondorf, but also play Samus dirty), so outside of screwing off with Brawl+ on occasion, I spend most of my video game time mastering the techniques so many of you have already done.

So, really, this is not only an intro for myself, but a big thanks to the SSBM community for keeping the game alive!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'll four stock any sheik with ganon, you ain't ready after weeks of plannin!

LOL. dude you're from nc? post in the nc boards and go to a tournament!

TheLostHylian

Smash Cadet
Come fall break or early August, if there is a Melee tournament in NC, VA, or SC, I shall probably attend. I need to learn how to ledge-grab->waveland. I practiced the technique I was told (drop, immediately jump, air dodge horizontally towards the stage) but failed every time. It was a little disheartening. I also have to work on incorporating my wavelands into combos, as well as working in smooth platform wavelanding movement. Also, how you do two Thunder Drops or Vulture Kicks off the same jump (like Tipman demonstrates in Triforce of Power) is beyond me.

Question: is it okay to use a cube controller that has the l/r springs removed? They piss me off. Probably the reason my wavedash/land isn't as good as it could be. I hate l/r on the cube controller, my only complaint about it really.

Superspright

Smash Lord
You can't remove the springs--but you can break them in. It's illegal to modify your controller in a tournament setting if I'm not mistaken.

The reason you can't waveland is because you can't even ledge drop then get up on the ledge. You have to crawl before you walk, and walk before you run. So, first try Ledgedrop ->immediately jump while pressing the control stick toward the stage. If you do it right you should get on on the ledge. Once you can do this consistently THEN mix in the airdodge timing. You want to airdodge when you are on the stage. You will see you have a good amount of time to do it once you get down the ledgedrop->hop onto stage.

And once you can do that, learn reverse ledge-dashing. Where you go onto the stage, and ledge-dash back off--learn how to FF right after so you grab the ledge asap and stay invincible. This is a good way to edge-guard certain characters, and a good mixup.

TheLostHylian

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the help! I can wavedash onto the ledge and waveland off a platform to the ledge, just can't wavedash onto the stage from the ledge. I'll practice what you suggested :O

TheLostHylian

Smash Cadet
I'm in Jacksonville. Ever heard of Camp Lejeune? It's in Jacksonville. The youngest city in the country (average age: ~23). Yet it sucks because most women are a) married to a marine, b) dating a marine, c) underage, d)pregnant, or e) with 1-4 kids. It's depressing!

Thus all the more reason to spend more time Smashing :)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
nice. there are smashers in wilmington and flowinwater (one of the inventors of falco) might still be in jacksonville. I'm on the outer banks but I'll be moving to wilmington before next summer. I can get your ganon to tournament level in no time once I'm there, but you should visit the nc threads and go play some people.

:phone:

Palpi

Smash Hero
My friend has a wii mote nunchuk stick as his C-stick and my other friends removed his springs and has 2 control sticks instead of 1 control and 1 c-stick. I don't these type of modifications matter, things like...turbo buttons would probably matter.

and my controller is silver on front, and white on back...with a purple plug :)

WELCOME TO SMASHBOARDS, and more importantly the GANON BOARDS...people here are cool.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i think the removal of springs matters. cosmetic stuff, no, but mechanics stuff, yeah.

edit: plus, can you lightshield without those springs? those could be useful...

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
only with Z... removing springs sucks, I've tried it before out of pure curiosity and couldn't stand it. Powershielding doesn't get easier imho. if it wasn't for LRA+start I would have removed my L button by now lol, I've hit it by accident occasionally. I could do the same with Y.

:phone:

TheLostHylian

Smash Cadet
:) Thanks for the warm welcome. And any Ganon main is a friend of mine. I'll take any training sessions possible. Had I more money I'd make plans for more tournaments, but I'll do my best to show up to any possible.

Top Bottom