• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello Europe, Nintendo hates you! (Brawl postponed)

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Wtf...
that sucks.

We thought Ros3 would be the last big Melee tournament... than Rox4... now Ros5? >_>

Ros6 anyone? -_-

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Lol I don't care about the delay anymore. Got the game anyway and I still like melee tournaments more. The delay is weird though and unusuall. It has to be something with the language or dual layer discs.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
2 both very small. I just mean playing melee in a tournament is more fun and exciting to me. Brawl is fun but it's too early to be exciting in a tournament since we don't know our chars well enough.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
I know I just don't think we should have big international tournaments with this yet. Start small see if it has success and works and then get it big.

Sonic23

Smash Cadet
Language and production issues? Personally I think it's a load of bull of an excuse. It can be so easy to produce a worldwide release as with other titles they have done with proper preparation. But, it's probably going with the same reasons as the previous 2 titles did when they got released 5-6 months after America.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
How can anyone who's actually played Brawl think this is a bad thing? Or something to care about at all? I mean, hello, Brawl sucks as a competitive gamer. Those of us who want depth and balance will stick to Melee. We'll still have Melee tournaments, even with Brawl out. A lot of competitive gamers I've spoken to are positive to Brawl replacing Low Tiers as a side-tourney, but that is all.

If people are so desperate for Brawl tournaments, they can import the American version and use it.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Well, the Belgian tournament this summer will be a Melee one then!
I like Melee and Brawl equally when it comes to VS play anyway. Still, I was looking forward to Subspace Emissary though.

Melee tournaments for the summer it is then!

FrostByte

Smash Lord
A game that has just come out obviously isn't competitive, but people are finding basic advanced techniques and more in-depth character specific techniques already. As much as I love melee and would probably like to stick to it rather than brawl, I think the scene as a whole is getting dry.

There aren't many people interested in it anymore and there won't be a massive amount of newcomers anytime soon. Remember, it's the community that makes the game.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
A game that has just come out obviously isn't competitive, but people are finding basic advanced techniques and more in-depth character specific techniques already. As much as I love melee and would probably like to stick to it rather than brawl, I think the scene as a whole is getting dry.

There aren't many people interested in it anymore and there won't be a massive amount of newcomers anytime soon. Remember, it's the community that makes the game.
I agree (don't you play ssb64 in reps btw?). Some players seem to be afraid of changes. Sure, if you think melee is perfect, then there's no need to play Brawl. But you can't say it has no depth, or lacks competitive playing. The one's who say this are just like the ssb64 players who don't want to play melee because of the speed and other things. All three smash games are (nearly) perfect, in my opinion, and all smashers chose one of these as their favourite. Since nintendo is attracting a lot of non-hardcore gamers, even though that might not be good for us, I expect the tournament scene of Brawl will become much bigger than that of melee or ssb.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)

I disagree that no newcomers will be coming anytime soon.

Newcomers are always coming, there's people joining smashboards every day.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
People are mainly joining up for Brawl.
I have seen people leave the melee community several YEARS ago, saying they'd come back for brawl :p

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Yeah me comes all the way from South America to Europe for 6 months and I'll play Brawl when I go back to my country...
Let's stick to melee, then

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Anyone got any idea where to buy US-brawl? A lot of sites does not ship outside NA.

Exalador

Smash Lord
Anyone got any idea where to buy US-brawl? A lot of sites does not ship outside NA.
I bought the US version of soul calibur II when it game out. It was either at Gamestop or EBgames. one of those 2, check it out...

payed stupid import costs though (i think UPS charged that... what were supposed to be 2 games for 100 euros, became 2 games for 140 euros if i remember correctly)

Top Bottom