• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Everyone's talking about Shulk's moveset and whether he'll get a reveal trailer or not, and I'm still rocking in a corner with the Woodnado chanting "Shulk got in, Shulk got in, Shulk got in...." Pure Bliss

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Perhaps more realistically though, I'd love to see Gaur Plains as a track in that game.

Nintendo should cash-in on the Xenoblade craze.
Aside from our little group of fanatics here, I'm not so sure there is a Xenoblade craze...:( I've seen many people, even on Smashboards, who still don't know who he is at all. There's a guy I work with who's a huge Nintendo fan too, and even owns Xenoblade, yet still has not played it, despite my very high recommendation... I doubt most of the people who own MK8 would even care, sad as it is...

We must convert them, bronados... convert them all.;)

Aside from our little group of fanatics here, I'm not so sure there is a Xenoblade craze...:( I've seen many people, even on Smashboards, who still don't know who he is at all. There's a guy I work with who's a huge Nintendo fan too, and even owns Xenoblade, yet still has not played it, despite my very high recommendation... I doubt most of the people who own MK8 would even care, sad as it is...

Smash bros. does a good job in misinformin--- I mean, introducing newbies to new characters. Take me for example and the Fire Emblem franchise.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Smash bros. does a good job in misinformin--- I mean, introducing newbies to new characters. Take me for example and the Fire Emblem franchise.
I suppose Xenoblade would become the new Earthbound in that way: An amazing RPG game known mainly through Smash Bros. that can only be found online for a very high price.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580

That's exactly why Shulk being in Smash helps. If he does get a reveal trailer, then he and his series get even more exposure. c:

But yeah, now that I think about, I shouldn't complain and be worried about Shulk not having a reveal trailer considering other people's most wanted characters didn't get in at all. At the very least, he's in.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I suppose Xenoblade would become the new Earthbound in that way: An amazing RPG game known mainly through Smash Bros. that can only be found online for a very high price.
No, once X comes out, Xenoblade's gonna have twice as many games officially localized as Earthbound does. :troll:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Link got in Mario Kart 8

Support Shulk for Mario kart 8 :troll:
XenoGEARS DLC for Mario Kart 8
Shulk rides in the Monado Cycle
Gaur Plains and Satorl Marsh race tracks

PLS Nintendo, you already brought in the Link

Last edited:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Well I guess now that we know a good chunk of the roster, it's time to start hoping for DLC. Personally, I really hope for Reyn. I can see Sakurai adding a second Xenoblade character as DLC.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well I guess now that we know a good chunk of the roster, it's time to start hoping for DLC. Personally, I really hope for Reyn. I can see Sakurai adding a second Xenoblade character as DLC.
Snake? SNAKE?! SNNNNAAAAKKKKEEEE!!!
But I would hope the second character for Smash is either Seven or Melia.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Also I just realized by watching the leak for the 50th time, Sakurai has Shulk do his EXACT SAME DOOFY JUMPING ANIMATION FROM XENOBLADE.

Is Xenoblade X worth as much as a Wii U?

Hm..... Maybe?

(Oh hell no)

Serious note, this better not be $90. Lol. That might be a turn off to newcomers

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I don't think Xenoblade would get a second rep, but if there is one, please, please be Reyn.
I would main the hell out of him if he can taunt, "MAN WHATA BUNCHA JOKAS!", that'd be amazing.

srsly, id want melia though, at least as an AT.

srsly, id want melia though, at least as an AT.
You're not alone. Sad how she literally got the shorter end of the stick in the end of Xenoblade. I mean...

Her dad died
Her brother died (half-bro)
**** happened in with her people
Shulk is oblivious

And Fiora happened

Did not censor Fiora out since this was marked as spoilers so yeah

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Is Xenoblade X worth as much as a Wii U?

Hm..... Maybe?

(Oh hell no)

Serious note, this better not be $90. Lol. That might be a turn off to newcomers
I payed $100 for Xenoblade... though that's typical high-end local prices for me and not US.

Seriously though... I'd pay stupidly high amounts for XCX, and I'm sure a lot of you would too.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
]Alright, so I decided to try and uncover all the Monado symbols that appear in the video. Looks like Shulk is becoming much more unique then we realized.

I've tried to screenshot the best images of each art symbol that I could and this is the result.

First one is most definitely Monado Speed and later on in the video, you can see the kanji appear and fade away quickly in the white circle, indicating that the buff timer is over.

The rest are a bit of a guess so here goes.

I went with Monado Purge for the second one. The symbols looks pretty much the same and the symbol is green in Smash, just the way it appears in Xenoblade.

Now I think I've found Monado Buster. This resembled Monado Buster or Monado Shield, but I went with Moando Buster as I think it looked closer to the same kanji character Monado Buster had.

The last one, I went with Shield. It doesn't look similar to any of the kanji on the other Monado arts so I inevitably went with Monado Shield. If we were to go by color, this could also be Monado Armor.

There's another moment later in the video where I believe Shulk switches to Monado Enchant but I can't seem to grab a good screenshot. The only lead I have on that is that Shulk's hands start to glow red.

I'm just gonna repost one of my older posts regarding Shulk's neutral special since it seems like a lot of people may have missed it in the midst of the hype. To sum it up quickly, I think the neutral special will be cycling through Monado arts while the side special will probably be Stream Edge or Back Slash
This should just be added to the OP so people could easily see it.

I just realized...

Games are $7 more expensive in my country.... (Bravely Default is around $47....)

Lol

Anyway about the Xenoblade X map size, I'm REALLY excited to see what content is in store for us.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I just realized...

Games are $7 more expensive in my country.... (Bravely Default is around $47....)

Lol

Anyway about the Xenoblade X map size, I'm REALLY excited to see what content is in store for us.
well dang here in the us if I'm correct a new BD is 35 so it's 12$ more sorry brah :(

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
With the statement of Xenoblade X being "more than 5 times as large as Xenoblade", I wonder just how much time one would spend to explore every single inch of area the game.

Has there been any word on how Multiplayer works?

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
With the statement of Xenoblade X being "more than 5 times as large as Xenoblade", I wonder just how much time one would spend to explore every single inch of area the game.

Has there been any word on how Multiplayer works?
I heard somewhere it's gonna be a always online type of deal not sure if it is confirmed or not that's only what I heard

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
So, did a thing just for fun:

I think that's what I'm hearing on the leaked video.

EDIT:
Got the timing super wrong, but whatever. :p
100% that's what it is, it's clear as day on the original video if you just max your volume

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
So, did a thing just for fun:

I think that's what I'm hearing on the leaked video.

EDIT:
Got the timing super wrong, but whatever. :p
Sounds about right. Really I think it was the best choice for him all around. Xenoblade didn't have a whole lot of jingles for victories, level ups, etc like most games do and 'You will know our names' is probably one of the more recognizable battle themes as your playing through the game since it plays on most special monsters you encounter (I can remember if it does for all during the Mechonis Special monsters too, memory is a little vague).

Last edited:

Weeginji

Smash Cadet
It does sound like an exact rip. I would hope that we'll still get the full theme on Gaur plains.
Really? Because I hear orchestration instead of electric guitar in the Smash version. I'm not the only one, am I?

Last edited:

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Really? Because I hear orchestration instead of electric guitar in the Smash version. I'm not the only one, am I?
I don't have the greatest hearing and I'm a little too lazy at the moment to go digging for mirrors. But I'll definitely look later.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Seems like not many people noticed that I mentioned Shulk having his goody jump from Xenoblade in yesterday. :p I like it, it's a nice touch especially with his weapon on his back.

Also, someone pointed out something that I realized.

The game has been rated by the ESRB for a good time now, at least since E3. Which means that the build we saw with Shulk is at least as old as E3 since it was footage sent to the ESRB so they could rate it.

Things may have indeed changed a bit since then.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Didn't realize the jump thing until it was brought up by several of the posters here.
I appreciate that touch, along with Shulk having the Monado sheathed.

Since Mega Man apparently plays like how he does in his own games, I wonder if Shulk will retain the slighty stiff jumping as he does in Xenoblade, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom