• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Off topic leak and character discussion/SpamWarning Received
I don't think it's wise to be so certain at this point, almost all of the inconsistencies can be explained away.

Still, it's not real until we KNOW it's real. Shulk looks amazing, though.
Even the mysterious gap? Even shady Twilight Princess Ganondorf? Even the missing %s? Even the AI levels for player characters? Even Yoshi being stuck in the middle of the rest of the Mario characters despite representing his own series? Even Dr Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit being far away from the rest of their series? Even 4 veterans being kept behind for DLC? Even Dr Mario returning instead of the more highly requested Roy or Mewtwo (though that one is mildly subjective)? Even P3 instead of 3P? Please, enlighten me.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Even the mysterious gap? Even shady Twilight Princess Ganondorf? Even the missing %s? Even the AI levels for player characters? Even Yoshi being stuck in the middle of the rest of the Mario characters despite representing his own series? Even Dr Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit being far away from the rest of their series? Even 4 veterans being kept behind for DLC? Even Dr Mario returning instead of the more highly requested Roy or Mewtwo (though that one is mildly subjective)? Please, enlighten me.
This isn't the leak thread and I already got a warning for discussing this here, so I'm going to leave it. A lot of those, though, like the DLC veterans or the placement of characters in the CSS, are pure design choices and you just THINKING you know what the developers should do.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
This isn't the leak thread and I already got a warning for discussing this here, so I'm going to leave it. A lot of those, though, like the DLC veterans or the placement of characters in the CSS, are pure design choices and you just THINKING you know what the developers should do.
that`s what ive been saying,it`s fake

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
We probably shouldn't discuss the "leak" here, plenty of other places where that is going on.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
this is what I get to come back to.

It seems stange to me that shulks down there with third party, why not just put him on the row above? There's certainly room.

But like everyone said the render are quite nice A+ whoever did those.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
lol, erryone gonna get infracted if you keep this up.

I think there's too much doubt cast over this. The fact that MASTERLINKX had that Shulk image before the leak, to me, says it's fake (or he's in on it.) The images themselves are very well-made though.

Shulk's gonna be in, but this isn't what's going to confirm him.

Last edited:

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
lol, erryone gonna get infracted.

I think there's too much doubt cast over this. The fact that MASTERLINKX had that Shulk image before the leak, to me, says it's fake (or he's in on it.) The images themselves are very well-made though.

Im betting he`s being confirmed this month?

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
lol, erryone gonna get infracted.

Funny coincidence ain't it?

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Or, I got the order mixed up and you actually took the one you posted from the 'leak'.

But after this post, I'm thinking you know what's going on here. *thoughtfully strokes beard*
But..alvis doesnt have a beard

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I'm keeping positive. But we're here to discuss Shulk, not the leak.

So, we have Gaur Plains as his stage (possibly). If that's true, what do y'all think they're gonna do for the Wii U stage? Gaur Plains for both, or something else? And what two songs do you think Gaur Plains will have? Gaur Plains (Day) is a good bet.

I know we've discussed these things before, but now we have possibly new context, if Gaur Plains really is the 3DS stage.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

So, we have Gaur Plains as his stage (possibly). If that's true, what do y'all think they're gonna do for the Wii U stage? Gaur Plains for both, or something else? And what two songs do you think Gaur Plains will have? Gaur Plains (Day) is a good bet.

I know we've discussed these things before, but now we have possibly new context, if Gaur Plains really is the 3DS stage.
I'm still betting on Eryth Sea for the Wii U. I honestly don't care what the stage is, I just want the soundtrack. :shades:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman

I honestly really want to see Prison Island as a stage with like the giant freaking third final boss dragon in the background... or di.ckson... or the dragon...

or di.ckson

EDIT: r u 4 real censoring di.ckson come on man

Last edited:

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965

imagine the music..(daydreams intensely)

MASTERLINKX

NNID
MASTERLINKX
Did you make that after we saw the thumb nail?
I made it hours ago.

Gaur Plains (Day/Night) is definitely in.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Really? Y'all are crying foul? I would have expected you guys to be so happy! I for one believe this 100% and you know what? There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not going to get burned later cause we all know Shulk is in anyway. I just can't wait to see his trailer now! Ooooohhhh! He looks so good in HD!

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Really? Y'all are crying foul? I would have expected you guys to be so happy! I for one believe this 100% and you know what? There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not going to get burned later cause we all know Shulk is in anyway. I just can't wait to see his trailer now! Ooooohhhh! He looks so good in HD!
Shulk vs Ganon sword fight??? hell yes
imgres.jpg

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Gemastu kind of crushed my thing for leaks forever. But yeah if you want to believe it who are we to stop you xD

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Gemastu kind of crushed my thing for leaks forever. But yeah if you want to believe it who are we to stop you xD
you should be aware mashed potato samurai switched the trailers cuz everyone was expecting shulk

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Since it's Shulk, I can still talk about this aspect of the leaks.

His hair looks ****ing glorious. Oh my god.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Since it's Shulk, I can still talk about this aspect of the leaks.

so does kirby in my profile picture

LEAKED ROSTER

Last edited by a moderator:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The day when every smash character realizes just how magnificently glorious Shulk's hair is, and their grand endeavors to make it their own.
Shulk's model looks very pretty.

I just wanna brush his hair for him.
YES. He and Dark Pit have fabulous hair.
I'm guessing people like Shulk's hair?

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

I'm still somewhat hoping for a Junks stage on Wii U so we get to see a few Xenoblade locations in HD. But if not Gaur Plains on Wii U, maybe Eryth Sea or even somewhere like Colony 9.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Okay seriously.

You guys need to be talking about Shulk in here. Just Shulk. Anything that concerns Shulk. Showing fake rosters and such do not belong here. If the off topic stuff continues, those of you who continue will be infracted.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
On the topic of 3ds stages, if Gaur Plains is in then a mix of the day/night theme is inevitable. I'd put money on You Will Know Our Names being the second song, especially since its likely to show up in his newcomer trailer. In regards to the Wii U version, we'll have Engage the Enemy, Mechanical Rhythm, whatever remix/medley they come up with and more. Still pulling for Prison Island. I think there are already too many travel type stages for Junks although I love the idea.

D

Deleted member

If Gaur Plains is a stage, what would you want to see from it? What stage hazards do you want to see on the stage if you want any at all? What do you want to see in the background? How do you want the stage to be designed?

Personally, I hope that we have a very open and gigantic background with a very curvy ground do it and no stage hazards. I would like to see some enemies like Mechon in the background, however.

On the topic of 3ds stages, if Gaur Plains is in then a mix of the day/night theme is inevitable. I'd put money on You Will Know Our Names being the second song, especially since its likely to show up in his newcomer trailer. In regards to the Wii U version, we'll have Engage the Enemy, Mechanical Rhythm, whatever remix/medley they come up with and more. Still pulling for Prison Island. I think there are already too many travel type stages for Junks although I love the idea.
I think that songs like Unfinished Battle and Satorl Marsh - Night should be in the game. I wouldn't mind it if Gaur Plains was in both versions, but Eryth Sea would be very cool on the Wii U!

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I'd love it if the Wii U stage changed between night and day in real time and used the appropriate "night" or "day" theme, for wherever it is. Unless it's Satorl Marsh. That place needs to be night 24/7.

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool for the area themes in Smash to be a mash up of day and night, you hear the day theme, and then the theme transitions into the night version. If the stages were in sync with this idea, that would be amazing.
Until someone pauses. Then the track desyncs from the stage.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
If Gaur Plains is a stage, what would you want to see from it? What stage hazards do you want to see on the stage if you want any at all? What do you want to see in the background? How do you want the stage to be designed?

Personally, I hope that we have a very open and gigantic background with a very curvy ground do it and no stage hazards. I would like to see some enemies like Mechon in the background, however.

I think that songs like Unfinished Battle and Satorl Marsh - Night should be in the game. I wouldn't mind it if Gaur Plains was in both versions, but Eryth Sea would be very cool on the Wii U!
I hate to sound so cliche, but it honestly is extremely difficult to pick a limited number of songs from Xenoblade and not say the entire soundtrack. While I prefer a stage with minimal hazards, some of the enemies such as armus or mechon running throughout the background and only slightly interfering with the fight would be a nice touch. Gaur Plains would likely be on the larger side. I'm not sure how it would be laid out though but I'm thinking a walk off. Probably a hill and some high ground coupled with a lower section.

I'd love it if the Wii U stage changed between night and day in real time and used the appropriate "night" or "day" theme, for wherever it is. Unless it's Satorl Marsh. That place needs to be night 24/7.
Yes! If there is not a day to night cycle in the Xenoblade stages I will not buy the game

MASTERLINKX

NNID
MASTERLINKX
It would be cool for the area themes in Smash to be a mash up of day and night, you hear the day theme, and then the theme transitions into the night version. If the stages were in sync with this idea, that would be amazing.
Until someone pauses. Then the track desyncs from the stage.
The day and night time songs wont be affected by pausing.
The day theme will keep playing until it transitions into night time, then it will fade out and the night version will play.
So you can pause for all you want, the day theme won't go anywhere.

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
Hey guys, a wild Shulk supporter appeared! Spoiler alert, it's just me. I haven't been in here yet since I wanted to finish Xenoblade first, but with the advent of this leak I figured now's as good a time as any. So this leak matches up pretty darn well with Ninka's, and while I do question the validity of both of these leaks, this would indicate that Shulk's moveset revolves around the whole mode-switching idea that I've always disliked. I know it might be futile to try to pose a question in such a time as this, but how does everyone else feel about the mode-switching moveset?

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Hey guys, a wild Shulk supporter appeared! Spoiler alert, it's just me. I haven't been in here yet since I wanted to finish Xenoblade first, but with the advent of this leak I figured now's as good a time as any. So this leak matches up pretty darn well with Ninka's, and while I do question the validity of both of these leaks, this would indicate that Shulk's moveset revolves around the whole mode-switching idea that I've always disliked. I know it might be futile to try to pose a question in such a time as this, but how does everyone else feel about the mode-switching moveset?
If the leaks in question are real, which I highly highly doubt, I'd have to see it in action before commenting on how much I like it. I don't like the sound of it, that's for sure, but Sakurai and his team have consistently done amazing jobs with the newcomers so far, so perhaps it'll work better than it sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom