• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I hate to put too much faith in these leaks but the stage, roster, menu pics and more are too real for me. I think this is it.

We've come so far.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Havve you guys seen this render for Shulk?

Uhhhhh...where did this come from?

And to answer your question, no, I've never seen that render for Shulk, and most definitely not for the others, either.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Oh jeez, this is actually happening.

I'm so excited, and yet, potentially no ICs worries me...

Bloop

Smash Journeyman
I'm freaking out.
Someone, quick, convince me it's not real before I fangirl too much about Shulk getting in.
I will be crushed if this is fake D:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It could be fake, but Idk, the render looks too good, doesn't it? Looks like the work of a professional, not some random internet troll.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
HOLY **** ALL THESE OTHER IMAGES. MY BUTT WASN'T PREPARED.

AND I JUST REALIZED I COULD HAVE A BANJO SKIN OVER THE DUCK HUNT DOG.

YESSSSSSSSSSS

SaberPichu

Smash Cadet

This is legit guys.
The character layout and grouping really doesn't seem right. Lucina, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit should be with their respective series. I'd think Mr. Game and Watch would be beside Pac-man... Shulk, the duck hunt dog, little Mac, and rob in the row with the other 1 per series... or overflowing into the third bottom row. It doesn't flow... (I'm not sure if I'm making much sense here... but... Brawl's character selection menu had a flow, of course there is the possibility that if this is real the person hasn't unlocked everything... but...)

And wasn't there also that picture of Smash Run that was uploaded to the main website with the Polar Bear from ice climber a few months ago accidentally?

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Wait, did we just get this much leaked info and it all seems legit? If a source exists, I would love to see it!
Also, on the picture of Shulk by Meta Knight, it's not @MASTERLINKX 's version of Shulk. The details on his jacket are different.
I attempted to make Shulk from the icon.
50 hours in photoshop.

It is legit. Congrats guys!
Edit: Also looking at Shulk's face structure, both are different. In @MASTERLINKX 's, his face is rounder.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I'm freaking out.
Someone, quick, convince me it's not real before I fangirl too much about Shulk getting in.
I will be crushed if this is fake D:
The three clones are grouped off by themselves rather than with their own franchises. Shulk is with the third parties. Yoshi is stuck in the middle of the Mario characters rather than next to them as his own franchise. Ice Climbers are cut. This Shulk:
looks remarkably similar to this clearly stated fake:
I attempted to make Shulk from the icon.
50 hours in photoshop.

How's that?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
By the way, right below the Nintendogs stages, isn't that Gaur Plains?

Bloop

Smash Journeyman
It could be fake, but Idk, the render looks too good, doesn't it? Looks like the work of a professional, not some random internet troll.
If it's fake, someone has waaay too much time on their hands, but what if it is? D:
I hope Ridley is one of the two apparently missing characters if this is real, I know how much you wanted him D:

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
Still dunno about the leak but the last thing the leaker said was.
LAST THING FROM ME.

DLC:
LUCAS
WOLF
CHORUS MEN
ICE CLIMBERS
SNAKE

MY FRIEND MIGHT STILL HANG AROUND THOUGH.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
YOU GUYS. I'm freaking out right now! The Hype Train has arrived at the station! :D We just need an engineer...

Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
The roster itself also seems real, I always thought that Dark Pit would not use the style of weapons Pit doesn't choose from, considering Uprising's large amount of weapons, it's possible for him to be unique.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This is so obviously real it's not even funny. I just hope people stop pissing on it so that the butthurt isn't so much when it turns out to be true.

Frankly, I'm hype as ****, although disappointed in Chorus Men being possibly just DLC.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
From a private conversation.
Solfiner said:
This is really interesting:

"Took a look at the Neogaf thread: looks like most people believe it's fake due to one of the ID names on one of the pics being ESRB related, and the ESRB doesn't playtest games."

Taken from a post in "The unknown renders" thread in the Smash 4 leaks group.
TitanTeaTime said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126191534&postcount=16167
Yeah, I think it's fake. That and the ESRB not playtesting thing.

Last edited:

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
The one thing that's bothering me is that there hasn't been any in game pictures, just menu stuff.

But man, it this and the DLC stuff is real, My hypeometer is off the charts.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I've said that too and no one seems to care. This just seemed like more definitive proof.
It's also possible Sakurai decided to group the "last minute bonus characters" together.

Honestly it's not a terrible idea.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
It's also possible Sakurai decided to group the "last minute bonus characters" together.

Honestly it's a pretty terrible idea, super unprofessional, and has no precedent in previous Smash games, even when considering Melee's "last minute bonus characters."
FTFY :p

By the way, I hope I'm not coming off as too rude. Not my intention. With all due respect, and all that. It's just hard to convey tones on the internet.

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Initial excitement has worn off a bit... Ganondorf's shot looks a bit blurry, and Wario's left eye seems off... And why is Lucina apart from her series' characters too?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims

Honestly it's not a terrible idea.
Well Mewtwo is apparently missing based on one of the pics so there's still hope for Fiora :grin:

Likely Ridley/K Rool/Dixie/No idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom