• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
isn't shulk so strong though? he can swiftly change modes.

Metal Face

Smash Cadet
Well. Looks like Monado Boy really did get in before me.
But this isn't the end of me. Not like this. I'll be seeing you all on the field of battle.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Yeah, I get what you mean, but this trailer hyped me up a lot since it's concrete evidence that the other characters are in (other than the Challenges) and hints that the Koopalings are going to be alts. Also, Shulk looked great.
Guess so :D I didn't enjoy it that much but it is cool!

Sorta sad there's no REYN TIME anywhere, oh well. Riki and Dunban are cool too and he couldn't put in that many characters into his FS i guess.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
So Shulk looks sick. I now have to play Xenoblade and I'm happy for everyone who wanted him.

That is all.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Congratulations Shulk supporters! His render looks great and the stage is amazing. I can't wait to try him out.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
THIS NEEDS TO BE ANSWERED ASAP!!!
Anyways guys, congrats on your character making the "LEGIT" cut. ^^ He looks so hype!!
It's Metal Face, a major enemy from the game.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
just decided to pop back in for once to say, uh, yay for Shulk?
...Ok. To be honest... I wasn't nearly as hyped as I wanted to be. Maybe it was the inevitability that ruined it for me, but something about it feels off. Like... what's up with the kanji floating behind him? Why the **** does Monado "jump" and Monado "smash" exist? Not only do they sound hilariously bad, but they don't exist. Cyclone, Eater or Purge could've all easily taken their places. Monado Buster doesn't even look like Monado Buster. And they butchered his personality too.
Quite frankly the supporting cast (with mysterious absence from Reyn) were the best part of it. Riki is cute as ever, Dunban is... short-lived and Metal Face is Metal Face as always. Menacing and awesome. Gaur plains is also beautiful (though #Banned) and swimsuit Shulk is cool too...
I just feel like this all could have been handled better, you know? I'm honestly kind of disappointed with how this has all turned out...
After reading the description of the Monado Buffs on Miiverse, I feel like Buster should have been Enchant, Smash should have been Buster, and jump shouldn't exist.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I was so hype for Shulk's trailer that I literally stopped watching the rest of the Direct.

Cue an hour later, I go back to see the rest to find out there's two versions of a "new 3DS", Xenoblade is being re-released on it as an exclusive, and now I feel terrible that I just recently upgraded to an XL. :(

I was so hype for Shulk's trailer that I literally stopped watching the rest of the Direct.

Cue an hour later, I go back to see the rest to find out there's two versions of a "new 3DS", Xenoblade is being re-released on it as an exclusive, and now I feel terrible that I just recently upgraded to an XL. :(
I just bought a 3DS XL last year. Wtf Nintendo....

Although Shulk is in and that's awesome :D

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Premium character display and signature updated, all is good in the world.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I'm so late, but I can't contain the hype! *o*

Dat Xenoblade 3DS tho. As much as I want to buy New 3DS, I feel like it's better playing it on the big screen.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm afraid you will. New 3DS is a new model, that has better hardware. Xenoblade won't work on older model 3DSs.
Which is a big slap on the face of the what, 40 millions of people who bought 3DS and 3DS XL? I was excited to play Xenoblade on the 3DS but Nintendo already managed to kill my hype.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I'm so late, but I can't contain the hype! *o*

Dat Xenoblade 3DS tho. As much as I want to buy New 3DS, I feel like it's better playing it on the big screen.
I agree also, but the thought of having a game of its magnitude in portable form sounds amazing.

but im still pissed

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Which is a big slap on the face of the what, 40 millions of people who bought 3DS and 3DS XL? I was excited to play Xenoblade on the 3DS but Nintendo already managed to kill my hype.
I'm not ashamed to say i'm buying one of those 3DS' just for Xenoblade.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Couldn't resist. Never thought I'd see a chain attack FS... It's too good to be true.
I was REALLY worried we would get buster as a FS for a while.

I'm not ashamed to say i'm buying one of those 3DS' just for Xenoblade.
Some people have been saying that that 3DS is Japan only. Hey, can we get Ice Climbers as an exclusive on the new 3DS?

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm so happy that Shulk got in. Never been "The" supporter for him, but it confirms the leak 150% in my eyes now. Not that I ever doubted his inclusion, that I sorta knew would happen. But this was a really good day. Congratulations Shulkers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom