• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Look on the bright side about Xenoblade New 3DS... it means we'll probably get a special edition with a nice pretty Monado on the front.

(Oracloseuponswimsuitshulk'sbuttHNNNG)

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Well, I do want to support Nintendo by buying the new system and the game, so I'll do that, especially since I haven't upgraded to the 3DS XL yet. Has it been confirmed for the west?

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Random note:

As a Premium member, I get my Smash 4 character in the background of my posts. I like this feature.

I'm saving it for Shulk. Captain Falcon is just a stand-in. I want Shulk, then I want to come back to this thread and see several posts with Shulk in the background before bursting into tears.

That is my dream.
This was from July 15th. My dream has come true.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Wooooow that's really interesting. They're intentionally withholding certain companies from appearing in credits in order to prevent people figuring it out? Surprises built for maximum hype until the very end!
Yep, putting company names are a complete giveaway, especially ones that you only know for 1-2 characters/franchises.

Say Monolith Soft versus Nintendo. We definitely would've been able to figure out that a Xenoblade character would be in, where as with Nintendo itself, there's just too much franchises within the main company, we'd have to make some much harder guesses.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
While its nice to see Xenoblade on the 3ds, it'll always truly belong just to the wii in my eyes. Just imo.

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
Awesome to see the Shulk reveal straight from Sakurai! Congrats to everyone in this thread :D He looks awesome, and will definitely be one of the most versatile fighters in the game. I was hoping he'd be in, and I will absolutely be maining him (I have a vast list of mains, haha)!

Xenoblade is an amazing game, and the representation it's getting in Smash Bros. is awesome to see. Look like Metal Face is a stage hazard or a boss, as well! Really excited to see more details about the Xenoblade content!!!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I LITERALLY JUST WOKE UP AND CHECKED THE WEBSITE AND BAM SHULK

I AM SO HAPPY HE MADE IT!!! :D ::D :D

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Its been a LONG wait but it was worth it! (Unless of course you already saw the spoilers last week).

I'm literally speechless from that trailer. Everything was done right. The cinematic and voice acting was spot on, the music (You Will Know Our Names!) was awesome, the Gaur Plains stage was beautiful. The Final Smash featuring Dunban and Riki was glorious. And his playstyle looks unique although I may argue it was a bit on the bland side and I wanted to see more Monado Arts. Now all we have to do is wait a whole NOTHER month before we can play him.

LET THE WAIT BEGIN AGAIN!

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
We're in the big leagues now, congrats guys. We did it. We got our own section. LET THE SHULK DISCUSSION BEGIN!

lami

Smash Journeyman
Its been a while since I posted here for whatever reason but I just wanna say that I'm so glad that we got our (Monado) boy in. The 400+ pages of Xenoblade discussion and Shulks potential inclusion was really a treat. Thanks all.

Burruni

Smash Hero
"We did it, Reddit!"

But in all seriousness, I'm glad to see Shulk in. While I am a bit upset that people are tieing his reveal to the roster leak being bulletproof, his trailer was honestly amazing with all the great injokes.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
It's been lovely... though I came in a little late, it's great to see the series get its name across in Smash and people interested in Shulk's game can possibly get to experience it on the 3DS.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to say guys. Congratulations on officially getting the character that you guys really desired. The trailer was awesome and he looks fun, its just a shame the stupid leaker had to ruin some of the surprise factor though. Oh well... Gaur plains looks great in hd as well and its good we got a very worthy newcomer officially.

Also, lol on the swimsuit costume swap.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I just wanted to say guys. Congratulations on officially getting the character that you guys really desired. The trailer was awesome and he looks fun, its just a shame the stupid leaker had to ruin some of the surprise factor though. Oh well... Gaur plains looks great in hd as well and its good we got a very worthy newcomer officially.

Also, lol on the swimsuit costume swap.
I echo all of these sentiments especially the ones about the trailer and the swimsuit.

It's your time to shine, guys. The Palutena fans, the Robin fans, we've had our moments in the sun. Today's the day for the Shulk fans to celebrate - and more power to ya for it, guys! ;3

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I know I'm late to this, but congrats, everyone!

I've wanted Shulk in the game for a long time now, and he was the last on my wishlist for newcomers (Little Mac and Pac-Man were the other two). So, needless to say, I'm really happy to see him. He looks so much fun to play as, with all his different Monado powers. Definitely gonna main him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom