• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
if shulk gets confirmed, I will forever be a happy person. I just hope the leak is real... probably is :D

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
by the looks of it, and really you must still be in denial if you still don't believe it; shulks in. and i am really happy about that.

but- i'm also still not convinced really, because by the look of it he looked rather... boring? now i think that's just because the play or cpu wasn't playing all that well, and i think i'm also a bit bumped because while i always thought shulk was probably in, i wanted to be surprised with a reveal trailer

none the less, i still bet we are getting one of those. it's just of the society we live in everything can leak on the internet nowadays we now know in advance he's in.
infact, highly anticipated video games seem to leak just as often as films and music nowadays.

anyway, do you think shulks trailer should have some kind of announcer/ voice over next to shulks own voice?

i think it would be cool if it was alvis who introduces shulk to smash, stating stuff like ''are you for the biggest challenge yet, shulk? ''with a few cameos of his team mates and maybe directly showing off a fiora or reyn assist

Last edited:

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
You'll be pretty happy! He's pretty much all but confirmed!

Welcome to SmashBoards! Also, nice profile pic btw.
thanks! ;) I feel we if we get xenoblade stages the songs that need to play are unfinished batte colony 9 guar plains you will know our names one who gets in our way, andddddd maybe something els lol

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Shulk's Victory Theme sounds like a Portion of You will know our names
And that's ****ing incredible! :shades:

Sigh. I just hope once we have the full moveset I don't have to spend time bearing people down with him for saying "Marth Clone" for one similar move. Don't make me repeat myself about Palutena, Mac, Greninja and ALL the Counters. But yeah.

Everything else (and even his counter animation) are very unique.

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
there should be a satorl marsh night stage......... please make it happen. and add the satorl marsh night theme O:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
And that's ****ing incredible! :shades:

Sigh. I just hope once we have the full moveset I don't have to spend time bearing people down with him for saying "Marth Clone" for one similar move. Don't make me repeat myself about Palutena, Mac, Greninja and ALL the Counters. But yeah.

Everything else (and even his counter animation) are very unique.
It's possible that if Shulk hit's with Air Slash it might become a multi-hit move with animation more in line with Xenoblade. We literally know nothing about it's properties.

Fistex

Smash Rookie
Whatever Shulks stage is, i just hope it shows how big the world of Xenoblade is and how unique it is to live on a huge titan.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I must admit I had a hard time containing myself when I saw the leaked videos.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Wow, I'm seeing a lot of newcomers here to support Shulk! That's great!

Although It's mainly because of the leak....

BUT WE STILL GET MORE SUPPORTERS AND I'M SUPER HYPED RIGHT NOW!

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
And today's PotD finally confirms the leak beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind!!! Bronados unite!!!!

Someone go find everyone who ever said "Oh, please. If Shulk is in, I'll ______"

As for his moveset as shown in the video, I'm excited to try out all of his different Monado Arts! As someone pointed out, the gray background kanji indicates that his arts run out... Meaning that this is talent gauge Shulk!!!! Should be incredibly interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing his full moveset in HD!!!

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
I'm 90% sure I heard Shulk taunting saying "Now i'm feeling it" or "i'm feeling it now!" It sounded like Adam to me.
OH I heard it now, yeah he's totally saying "I'm really feeling it"

Someone go find everyone who ever said "Oh, please. If Shulk is in, I'll ______"
Aw crap, now I have to go sacrifice my legs to Sakurai

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
More hype news—even though the new information is to be expected—but at least it's being mentioned!

Xenoblade X is one of the Wii U games featured in this new EDGE magazine, and one of the quotes say that its world is going to be five times bigger than in Xenoblade.
F-Five times b-bigger? I don't think my tiny brain can comprehend a world of that scale...

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
@chibiiceclimbers
in the treehouse thing they said before they started the steam of the gameplay of xenoblade chronicles X they wanted to see how far they could go in the ocean until they hit land. they were swimming In the ocean for 20 minutes and still didn't hit anything

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Not to be a downer at all, but I'm curious what this thread of supporters feels about the gameplay we saw, beyond it just confirming Shulk. I mean, how hyped are you specifically for how he seems to play?

Also holy damn that world is gonna be glorious to explore...

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
I don't care how hard it is to play as shulk ill practice my butt off to make him my most OP character. lol but than again swordsmen aren't hard to master :/ I just hope final smash is Monado Buster

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yeah I doubt he'll be that difficult to get good with. Obviously those stances will add a bit of depth to his gameplay but I imagine people can just ignore it and play him like the melting pot of sword users that he seems to be.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Not to be a downer at all, but I'm curious what this thread of supporters feels about the gameplay we saw, beyond it just confirming Shulk. I mean, how hyped are you specifically for how he seems to play?

Also holy damn that world is gonna be glorious to explore...
Well...It kind of killed my hype a little, I'm a little upset that I We didn't get to see all of shulk move set because of the stupid cpu that was playing as him, he look unfinished because his animation looks a little stiff so I think the video is out dated.

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
theres also another final smash he could have but....... im new to this type of forum how do I do spoiler tags lol

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
My hunch is that we are going to get nothing special. It would be Sakurai's way of saying 'Well, you already got something today.'
More hype news—even though the new information is to be expected—but at least it's being mentioned!

Xenoblade X is one of the Wii U games featured in this new EDGE magazine, and one of the quotes say that its world is going to be five times bigger than in Xenoblade.
Actually, he said it would be more than 5 times bigger, since the dolls being 5 times bigger than humans would give the same feel of Xenoblade. "..The map would need to be 5 times bigger. The game world in X is e in fact even bigger than that." So... even better.
-
If his stance change is his Neutral B, what would Kirby's copy ability for Shulk would be?
It's really hard to see Kirby gaining the ability to use all of those modes just because he swallowed Shulk, so I wonder if he would use this side B we haven't seen yet.

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
ok thanks! his final smash can also be
Monado III which just makes his attacks stronger

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

We're never going to actually complete Xenoblade Chronicles X are we? It'll just continue infinitely and we'll be trapped in our rooms for the rest of our lives.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I don't think the modes will be his B because they need Kirby to copy him, I can see it as a taunt or something like that but not a B for Shulk.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
It's really hard to see Kirby gaining the ability to use all of those modes just because he swallowed Shulk, so I wonder if he would use this side B we haven't seen yet.
Like how when Kirby swallows Olimar he does the Side-B because using the Neutral B wouldn't do anything for Kirby

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
So...what I'm going to do now, is what i was doing when Robin was announced (although i was hyped more about Robin, please don't hit me D:). I'll go and pass that goddamn oral exam in linear algebra tomorrow, and after that I'll stop by the local gameshop and get me a copy of Xenoblade to see what this all is about X) (Or, alternatively, I'll order one on amazon or something). I will order a used copy of the game because OH BOY is this thing expensive.

Edit: Saw the time it takes to be delivered to where i live... So i had to get it now e.e September 3rd-8th... D:

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I don't think the modes will be his B because they need Kirby to copy him, I can see it as a taunt or something like that but not a B for Shulk.
The reason for thinking it's his B is because the leak confirmed the Ninka leak which about Shulk says, "-Shulk will be playable with Gaur Plains as his stage, his neutral B changes his Monado mode which essentially makes him dish more damage and take more, or do less damage, and take less."
-
Like how when Kirby swallows Olimar he does the Side-B because using the Neutral B wouldn't do anything for Kirby
Yeah, like that I suppose. I really want to see what the side B is now :O. The down b looks like Shadow Eye, the Neutral B is a bunch of different Monado arts, the up B is Air Slash, so I wonder what art the side B will be!!

Btw, kudos to sakurai for incorporating so many in-game features to Shulk's moveset.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I really think, with the way Shulk is being presented now, that his Final Smash will "unlock the power of the Monado" and that all his regular arts will be replaced with Monado arts.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
wait kirby use Oilmar Side-B when he suck up Oilmar? I didn't know that, maybe it's because I really don't use Oilmar that much.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
It's weird, up until yesterday, I didn't care that much about like "Oh I can't wait for the game to come out" because I was more set on "Oh I can't wait to find out if Shulk's in" so yesterday I had this realy weird moment of like "Aw crap now I have to wait like a month for the game to come out"

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
So...what I'm going to do now, is what i was doing when Robin was announced (although i was hyped more about Robin, please don't hit me D:). I'll go and pass that goddamn oral exam in linear algebra tomorrow, and after that I'll stop by the local gameshop and get me a copy of Xenoblade to see what this all is about X) (Or, alternatively, I'll order one on amazon or something). I will order a used copy of the game because OH BOY is this thing expensive.
You will not regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom