• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I got that from comments on Chugga's videos. Some of those complaints are outrageous.

I know this has been stated before but Shulk better have the same VA from Xenoblade. It would be like if Sakurai decided to keep Pit's old voice instead of Uprising Pit, thankfully he did not.
Keeping Bowser's voice would be an UNACCEPTABLE! crime. I don't want Robot Dog Bowser anymore :mad:
How do you guys think Shulk would do in Team battles? Based on the best moveset, thus far, which character would benefit most from Shulk and help him in Double Battles?
Shiek. She's fast and has great projectiles. If Shulk is slower, strong-hitting, and has less projectiles, those two could go along wery well. I call this team "Shie-Hulk".
:troll:

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I love Valek (hope I'm pronouncing that right) Mountain night music and hope it gets in Smash. I know it doesn't really fit well with a fighting game, but neither does Calling to the Night and that got in. Also, would like to see some X music get in. Maybe the battle theme or the song in the second trailer that totally doesn't sound like Guilty Crown. Again if Metal Gear Solid 4 music can get into Brawl despite the game not being out, so can X music.

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
I love Valek (hope I'm pronouncing that right) Mountain night music and hope it gets in Smash. I know it doesn't really fit well with a fighting game, but neither does Calling to the Night and that got in. Also, would like to see some X music get in. Maybe the battle theme or the song in the second trailer that
X looks AMAZING from what I've seen. They better actually plan to have an American release.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I love Valek (hope I'm pronouncing that right) Mountain night music and hope it gets in Smash. I know it doesn't really fit well with a fighting game, but neither does Calling to the Night and that got in. Also, would like to see some X music get in. Maybe the battle theme or the song in the second trailer that totally doesn't sound like Guilty Crown. Again if Metal Gear Solid 4 music can get into Brawl despite the game not being out, so can X music.
I have always loved the Colony 9 (outside the town) night music

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'l say both.
Though you know, it'll be quite adorable hearing Kirby say MONADO *insert Monado power here*

The caps lock on top of the already borderline spam was not necessary. >:C
How are you enjoying your new pink life Titan? It is always Dittson day after all. :troll:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
This is very off topic, but I was personally disappointed by the sticker star stage I guess it's because I despise sticker star

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
This is very off topic, but I was personally disappointed by the sticker star stage I guess it's because I despise sticker star
Worry not!

This is the Paper Mario stage after it transformed! It's the ship from TTYD. I wonder how the other stage changes look...
BTW I also despise Sticker Star. It basically gave the Paper Mario fans everything they didn't want. No plot, no new characters, horrid gameplay, and the soundtrack is not as good as before. Also, everything is a bit too paper-y... it just looks clunky, not artistic. Everything IMO of course.

Last edited:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
Worry not!

This is the Paper Mario stage after it transformed! It's the ship from TTYD. I wonder how the other stage changes look...
BTW I also despise Sticker Star. It basically gave the Paper Mario fans everything they didn't want.
Looks like a cheap copy of wind wakers stage with a blooper (I despise sticker star TTYD for the win!)

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Back on topic guys.

More Shulk, less Stick Star and pictures of birds.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I can't wait to see how certain Monado arts will look in HD.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Personally... if I had to design a "5 Stance Shulk" AND then come up with customization moves for each stance... the horror... THE HORROR! -rocks back and forth in corner.- Most moves out of any other character.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
How are you enjoying your new pink life Titan? It is always Dittson day after all. :troll:
Oh, let me assure you, I happen to be feeling JUST A LITTLE BIT ILL-TEMPERED AT THIS DEVELOPMENT

... *ahem*
On the topic of a stance-based moveset, maybe I could see it working if it had any relation to how Shulk is used in Xenoblade Chronicles. However, if I recall correctly his strength, speed, etc isn't changed by using a Monado ability outside of the ones which explicitly do that. (To clarify: Monado Speed, yes. Monado Buster, no) In other words, it's just a little bit awkward. I know that characters like the Wii Fit Trainer have movesets made up for the purpose of being in Smash Bros, but making up this mechanic for Shulk would be inexcusable because he actually does fight in the game he's in.
EDIT: By the way, something that's rather interesting is that the "big 3" consisting of K Rool, Mewtwo and Ridley seems to have transformed into a "big 4." I mean, the RTC thread's most wanted and highest chance should prove what I'm saying is true.

(Note: Mewtwo is absent from this list because it technically only counts newcomers)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
(Yeah posting from mobile 3G once again cause the internet died when I was writing a reply)

I didn't like Sticker Star either. I would dare say that Super Paper Mario was a better Paper Mario than SS.

Say, if Xenoblade gets a different stage on the 3DS, I'd say either Prison Island or Eryth Sea. Especially since there was this stage leak, I don't remember if it was proven fake or not, that it mentioned Prison Island as a 3DS stage. I'd prefer Valak Mountain for Wii U myself, with Metal Face as a stage hazard.

(And yes my ISP is that crummy)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh, let me assure you, I happen to be feeling JUST A LITTLE BIT ILL-TEMPERED AT THIS DEVELOPMENT

... *ahem*
On the topic of a stance-based moveset, maybe I could see it working if it had any relation to how Shulk is used in Xenoblade Chronicles. However, if I recall correctly his strength, speed, etc isn't changed by using a Monado ability outside of the ones which explicitly do that. (To clarify: Monado Speed, yes. Monado Buster, no) In other words, it's just a little bit awkward. I know that characters like the Wii Fit Trainer have movesets made up for the purpose of being in Smash Bros, but making up this mechanic for Shulk would be inexcusable because he actually does fight in the game he's in.
Jimmies have been rustled. :troll: I completely agree with your.. *ahem* "Stance" on the stance gimmick. It would just feel stupid.

D

Deleted member

BTW I also despise Sticker Star. It basically gave the Paper Mario fans everything they didn't want. No plot, no new characters, horrid gameplay, and the soundtrack is not as good as before. Also, everything is a bit too paper-y... it just looks clunky, not artistic. Everything IMO of course.
I didn't like Sticker Star either. I would dare say that Super Paper Mario was a better Paper Mario than SS.
Glad to know that I wasn't the only one who hated this game. I hate this game with a fiery passion of one thousand suns. But... that's for a different time.

For all we know, Shulk and female Robin would reach S-Support. :troll:

AHEM, onto the topic at hand about Shulk and a stance based moveset...
It wouldn't make sense. It would be like having Robin be exactly like Marth and Ike; he would have poorly represented Fire Emblem if he went that route.
A stance based moveset doesn't represent Shulk and it doesn't represent Xenoblade.
I do find it possible that he could have 7 different specials (3 regular ones, one where you activate the Monado's power, and 3 Monado ones).

Last edited by a moderator:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
Double Post
(Yeah posting from mobile 3G once again cause the internet died when I was writing a reply)

Say, if Xenoblade gets a different stage on the 3DS, I'd say either Prison Island or Eryth Sea. Especially since there was this stage leak, I don't remember if it was proven fake or not, that it mentioned Prison Island as a 3DS stage. I'd prefer Valak Mountain for Wii U myself, with Metal Face as a stage hazard.

(And yes my ISP is that crummy)
1. Super Paper Mario was better because it had a better story, and even though it wasn't a traditional paper mario it had good gameplay
2. I think Bionis Leg/Gaur Plain would look amazing in HD

Glad to know that I wasn't the only one who hated this game. I hate this game with a fiery passion of one thousand suns. But... that's for a different time.

AHEM, onto the topic at hand about Shulk and a stance based moveset...
It wouldn't make sense. It would be like having Robin be exactly like Marth and Ike; he would have poorly represented Fire Emblem if he went that route.
A stance based moveset doesn't represent Shulk and it doesn't represent Xenoblade.
I do find it possible that he could have 7 different specials (3 regular ones, one where you activate the Monado's power, and 3 Monado ones).
i must be the only one that doesn't like to reclass characters in awakening...

Last edited by a moderator:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Now I'm rather curious as to just what Shulk's confession portrait and quote would be like...
i must be the only one that doesn't like to reclass characters in awakening...
You're pretty much only hurting yourself by not reclassing them. You miss out on a ton of skills, especially with your avatar. And Donnel is pretty much required to be reclassed to be of any real use.

On subject anyway, I was listening to the sound track again, and I don't think anyone has brought up Impatience yet. I feel that either it or a remix could work well in Smash Bros.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
EDIT: By the way, something that's rather interesting is that the "big 3" consisting of K Rool, Mewtwo and Ridley seems to have transformed into a "big 4." I mean, the RTC thread's most wanted and highest chance should prove what I'm saying is true.

(Note: Mewtwo is absent from this list because it technically only counts newcomers)
Shulk is higher than Ridely? wat?
Also, it's kinda shocking/surprising to see Chorus Men, Dark Pit and Ghirahim so high on the Chance list.

Last edited:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
[quote="A stance based moveset doesn't represent Shulk and it doesn't represent Xenoblade.
I do find it possible that he could have 7 different specials (3 regular ones, one where you activate the Monado's power, and 3 Monado ones).[/quote]

Heropon aproves
(i fail at quoting...)

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Please avoid double posting. Should you require to make additions to your posts, use the "Edit" function, instead.

Thanks. ^~^

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Sorry guys, Shulk is too niche. Pfft.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I don't know anything about Sticker Star but just looking that it I thought that it would suck so I didn't pick it up.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Another good piece: Face. I can see a remix of this working well in Smash.
sorry i can't quote somebody without using the reply function
Just cut it from the reply box and paste it into your edit (like I just did).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom