• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
By the way, need I remind everyone to quit the shipping talk? It's one of 2 things now that could get this thread locked.
Well, it's more the fanfictions, which we only did once. And then we all agreed to stop them anyway.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Well the fanfiction was shipping so really they go hand in hand.
Not in that way of course.
My point still stands.
As long as we don't discuss them we should be fine. One joke here or there should be okay. But yes, I really don't want it to get out of hand.

Last edited:

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Well the fanfiction was shipping so really they go hand in hand.
Not in that way of course.
My point still stands.
Wait... a fanfiction about the concept of fanfiction and the concept of shipping together? As if they were both entities???

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Wait... a fanfiction about the concept of fanfiction and the concept of shipping together? As if they were both entities???
Probably exists somewhere. I've seen some weird s**t in my days.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Probably exists somewhere. I've seen some weird s**t in my days.
And by "in my days" you mean solely in this thread I presume?
Anyways let's change the topic... I know we've discussed movesets a lot but in relation to Shulk's arts in the game, which ones do you guys see getting used?

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
By the way, need I remind everyone to quit the shipping talk? It's one of 2 things now that could get this thread locked.
I've never seen the comedy in it, don't know why people think of twisted stuff like that.

On another note, have you guys made any alt predictions or stage possibilities? I say this because I'm doubting you guys actually talk predominantly about Shulk in this thread from what I've seen so far. Alts are pretty much a given, but its too hard to decide on which stage would represent the series better. Maybe something from Bionis' Leg?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
We don't want to jeopardize the thread when we are so close to closing in on the K. Rool thread.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I've already discussed all of this far too much, so there isn't anything to add really.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I've never seen the comedy in it, don't know why people think of twisted stuff like that.

On another note, have you guys made any alt predictions or stage possibilities? I say this because I'm doubting you guys actually talk predominantly about Shulk in this thread from what I've seen so far. Alts are pretty much a given, but its too hard to decide on which stage would represent the series better. Maybe something from Bionis' Leg?
We we're talking about that, and we thought of a Junks as a stage where you travel around the Bionis and Mechonis, seeing the areas. One stage isn't enough for this game.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
IOn another note, have you guys made any alt predictions or stage possibilities? I say this because I'm doubting you guys actually talk predominantly about Shulk in this thread from what I've seen so far. Alts are pretty much a given, but its too hard to decide on which stage would represent the series better. Maybe something from Bionis' Leg?
Hmm, well right now I can't actually think of anything in terms of alts. I guess the armour or outfits like the jungle outfit?
As for stages, the amount of good locations is too damn high. Satorl Marsh, Eryth Sea, Prison Island, Sword Valley, Gaur Plains... You name it.
Is this still a Shulk thread?
Hmm
*checks thread title*
it does appear to still be the Shulk thread, yes

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains

Woah, there. Firing some shots over there. We get off topic because we've talked to death about just about everything. The general consensus is that a Junks stage that travels around the Bionis and Mechonis is the best option, but Sword Valley and Guar Plains are two other favorites, alongside Fallen Arm. I saw a white and gold Shulk palette swap earlier in the thread, and Dunban is practically made to be an alt.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
We have 284 pages. We have talked a lot about Xenoblade representation in smash, several several times. Of course we are gonna get more and more off-topic when each topic gets more and more stale.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Woah, there. Firing some shots over there. We get off topic because we've talked to death about just about everything. The general consensus is that a Junks stage that travels around the Bionis and Mechonis is the best option, but Sword Valley and Guar Plains are two other favorites, alongside Fallen Arm. I saw a white and gold Shulk palette swap earlier in the thread, and Dunban is practically made to be an alt.
Lol I meant that as a joke not as an actual shot at people on the thread. Logically you have discussed it previously I'm just too lazy to go read 200+ pages. :joyful: I do agree with your ideas though.

@ Solfiner Solfiner First sentence, sorry for misunderstanding.

Last edited:

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
We have 284 pages. We have talked a lot about Xenoblade representation in smash, several several times. Of course we are gonna get more and more off-topic when each topic gets more and more stale.
Well then what about hidden assist trophies from Xenoblade?

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The thing that makes this thread so hard to keep on-topic imo, is that everything feels so obvious. Shulk in smash is a perfect fit, we have many great moveset ideas, all the music is amazing, every stage idea sounds awesome etc etc. Because of that, discussions about representation are often very boring since everyone agrees about everything pretty much.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I just want Smash 4 already. I can't control the hype of being able to play as Shulk while listening to One who gets in our way (Which I thanks to @ZXMechonHunter have actually started to REALLY like) on a Xenoblade stage.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Actually it's the opening to Attack on Titan. You are half right, as the band that did it also did a lot of work on Bravely Default.
yeah I'm a huge bravely default junkie so it just sounded exactly like the final boss's battle theme

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
yeah I'm a huge bravely default junkie so it just sounded exactly like the final boss's battle theme
Also, on the subject of Attack on Titan, I'd definitely recommend giving the soundtrack a good listen, especially since the composer for it, Hiroyuki Sawano, is the composer for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Actually it's the opening to Attack on Titan. You are half right, as the band that did it also did a lot of work on Bravely Default.
So Xenoblade X has soundtrack of the guys who made Bravely Default's soundtrack?
OK, no worries at all, the soundtrack will be fantastic.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Also, on the subject of Attack on Titan, I'd definitely recommend giving the soundtrack a good listen, especially since the composer for it, Hiroyuki Sawano, is the composer for Xenoblade Chronicles X.
and KLK I expect every sound to have rap in Xenoblade X if not I'll be disappointed

Edit: every.... single.... one....

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I apologize in advance if this is off-topic, but...

Are my eyes deceiving me or are we almost at the level of K. Rool's thread?

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So Xenoblade X has soundtrack of the guys who made Bravely Default's soundtrack?
OK, no worries at all, the soundtrack will be fantastic.
The trailer music is already amazing. I really want a full version of that vocal song in the second one though.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
You know, I really don't think any of us will care if Shulk plays nothing like we've specualated. I mean, as long as he gets in, we're good. Yes, probably even if he's a clone. Not that I can see him being one.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
If anyone asks we're talking about Attack on Bionis/Mechonis. That's totally what we mean when we mention titans, right?
Off topic again, but I was planning on making a gif with something happening.
Art! Or Nightmare Fuel. Either way works.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You know, I really don't think any of us will care if Shulk plays nothing like we've specualated. I mean, as long as he gets in, we're good. Yes, probably even if he's a clone. Not that I can see him being one.
Shulk is most likely a Marth clone, we have already talked about this. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom