• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I am a bit hesitant of a remake of You Will Know Our Names since the song is good as it is. In fact... I'm a bit hesitant on every song getting remade! They're just all too good to remake!

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I am a bit hesitant of a remake of You Will Know Our Names since the song is good as it is. In fact... I'm a bit hesitant on every song getting remade! They're just all too good to remake!
I dunno, man. Smash Bros. remixes rarely disappoint. Yeah, there have been a few hiccups (looking at you, Norfair...) but in general, the remixes in this series breathe new life into already fantastic music. The thought of that level of quality coming to Xenoblade's soundtrack is very exciting.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't think that too many songs will be remixed. The Kid Icarus songs have just been ported because they already sound amazing (If i recall correctly), so I think the same will happen with the Xenoblade music.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
The only songs that would be remixed would probably be a location theme, but even then it might just be a change in tempo to make it fast paced.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
yeah now that I think ore on it I can't think how sakuria could make a remake from the great soundtrack really

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Apparently Sakurai tweeted that the 3DS version is finished & in Japan they will hold an event that will have the final build of the game, so this means the starting roster & stages will be revealed very soon.
Unlocks most likely are disabled though, but hey who knows there is a Xenoblade stage that could hint where we need to play for unlocking Shulk

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69731272
God I hope we get the full roster.

D

Deleted member

I dunno, man. Smash Bros. remixes rarely disappoint. Yeah, there have been a few hiccups (looking at you, Norfair...) but in general, the remixes in this series breathe new life into already fantastic music. The thought of that level of quality coming to Xenoblade's soundtrack is very exciting.
I can see some songs get ported over and altered slightly to make them shorter (I can see some parts of Gaur Plains getting cut, much like some parts of Id~Purpose having to get cut).

I wouldn't mind some remixes, but I fear some tracks getting butchered.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
well with Xenoblade soundtrack that's one thing that makes Xenoblade Xenoblade is the soundtrack so it makes sense that people be scared of a remix of it but as said above rarely a soundtrack sounds bad only real soundtracks I think are bad are the pokemon ones in brawl but even the pokemon soundtrack from what we heard in smash so far is very well done compared to brawl

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
yeah now that I think ore on it I can't think how sakuria could make a remake from the great soundtrack really
Indeed. It's a hard soundtrack to top.

It's Sakurai, not Sakuria. Simple switch up, not the end of the world, but wanted to point that out.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I wondered how they were going to handle Mario Galaxy music, since it was all fully-orchestrated and everything, but during Rosalina's portion of the Smash Direct there was a remix of the Observatory theme that sounded really good. I have confidence that if we get remixes of Xenoblade tracks, they'll be good.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Indeed. It's a hard soundtrack to top.

It's Sakurai, not Sakuria. Simple switch up, not the end of the world, but wanted to point that out.
yeah my bad I always get them messed up since it sounds like the I go first in Sakurai

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Xenoblade's music sets a really high bar. But even though they'd be different it doesn't mean they'd be bad. As some of you have said, Smash does music justice. It might be strange to listen to at first, but it'd grow on me. It's Xenoblade music, gotta love it.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I wondered how they were going to handle Mario Galaxy music, since it was all fully-orchestrated and everything, but during Rosalina's portion of the Smash Direct there was a remix of the Observatory theme that sounded really good. I have confidence that if we get remixes of Xenoblade tracks, they'll be good.
The Comet Observatory theme was definitely well done, but I'm glad that they left Gusty Garden untouched.

That's kind of how I want them to approach Xenoblade. They can remaster a few songs... Satorl Marsh and Gaur Plains come to mind. But the true masterpieces like Unfinished Battle and You Will Know Our Names should be left alone.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
The Comet Observatory theme was definitely well done, but I'm glad that they left Gusty Garden untouched.

That's kind of how I want them to approach Xenoblade. They can remaster a few songs... Satorl Marsh and Gaur Plains come to mind. But the true masterpieces like Unfinished Battle and You Will Know Our Names should be left alone.
I think Colony 9 should get a remake too maybe Riki's theme too just for kicks

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Well... I'm feeling rather inadequate right now.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Well... I'm feeling rather inadequate right now.
Thanks to this, I'm now a drunkard. I'm gonna go sit in a corner and think over my life.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I must be a noob, I never bothered with the endgame enemies. I used the brief moment of clarity I got from finishing Xenoblade to lend it to a friend. I told him no matter how much I plead or beg, I should never have that game back. Quite simply, I'd never see daylight again.

I'm having Xenoblade withdrawals though.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I must be a noob, I never bothered with the endgame enemies. I used the brief moment of clarity I got from finishing Xenoblade to lend it to a friend. I told him no matter how much I plead or beg, I should never have that game back. Quite simply, I'd never see daylight again.

I'm having Xenoblade withdrawals though.
l0l u r big n00b pal

eryone noes that id u dnt beat endgam boss's u r suck

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
30 minutes since the last post?!?!?! Gotta fix that.

Just saw this, I think having down "b" slow down attacks in the area of Shulk might be an interesting take on having "visions." Much better then having a counter at least.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
30 minutes since the last post?!?!?! Gotta fix that.

Just saw this, I think having down be slow down attacks in the area of Shulk might be an interesting take on having "visions." Much better then having a counter at least.
I still really like the idea someone here presented (Don't remember who exactly, sorry): Shulk's dodges makes his eyes glow blue etc to make it seem like he had a vision and therefore could dodge the attack.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I still really like the idea someone here has (Don't remember who exactly, sorry) that Shulks dodges makes his eyes glow blue etc to make it seem like he had a vision.
I like that as well, but I would like it if his visions could be incorporated into his actual move set. I'm really not sure how Shulk would work mechanically, because there are a lot of gimmicks to draw from in Xenoblade, such as tension, the arts gauge, visions, and the directionality of attacks.

I've said before, Shulk has the potential to have a pretty unique move set, but he might have the MOST potential out of any remaining new comer for unique mechanics.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I like that as well, but I would like it if his visions could be incorporated into his actual move set. I'm really not sure how Shulk would work mechanically, because there are a lot of gimmicks to draw from in Xenoblade, such as tension, the arts gauge, visions, and the directionality of attacks.

I've said before, Shulk has the potential to have a pretty unique move set, but he might have the MOST potential out of any remaining new comer for unique mechanics.
Yeah, he has crazy potential. I definitely plan on maining him, that much can be said.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
So, since I've posted two videos showing off Avalanche Abaasy (even if the second one was just he being absolutely rekt) are there any ideas on how he might work as an assist trophy or smash run/stage boss? Any of his moves he could use and how they might work?

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
So, since I've posted two videos showing off Avalanche Abaasy (even if the second one was just he being absolutely rekt) are there any ideas on how he might work as an assist trophy or smash run/stage boss? Any of his moves he could use and how they might work?
If you run into him in Smash Run, he does his Talent Art which will ohko you, with a very small window for dodging.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Just found a decent fan-made victory theme for Shulk, and I don't believe I've seen it posted to here before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom