• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
They're releasing Takamaru's game in NA and played it on the showfloor, even mentioning Takamaru by name. Everyone's going crazy about it. Other than that, nothing really Smash related.
never played his game outside of the cameo in samurai warrior 3 but if he is like he is in their he'd be cool

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I don't hate Dixie but just like Daisy I don't see her being unique just a clone of another character, I think the Mii fighters are on top because they don't count as a full character, and what up with people wanting Bandana Dee for what does he do to he just look like a waddle dee with a bandana on.
This. We already have Lucina, and in my opinion, we don't need any more female semi-clones of existing fighters. K. Rool would be a MUCH more interesting DK rep. Bandana Dee would be cool, though. I think he'd have a unique moveset.

Shulk doesn't need leaks, people. The evidence is insurmountable. We can all see the writing on the wall. Believe in his strengths. Believe.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I was wondering about Bandana Dee as well, but then someone mentioned that he's a spear using character, so I guess that's why.
I guest so but I need to see more of him before I will want him as a character in smash, maybe a assist trophy but not a fighter.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I guest so but I need to see more of him before I will want him as a character in smash, maybe a assist trophy but not a fighter.
their is a new character that uses a staff it's to close to a spear we can't have him

Melia

Smash Cadet
You keep using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean. Just shoutin' Mind Blast through this here online forum does not make me more dead.

HAH! So, that's what the little beast is good for!
That didn't kill you!?!

Darn. I guess bandwidth' s run out.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I have to say something about this, and I wish I didn't.

I see some people forgot the rule about alts. Because you really shouldn't forget that.

You know who you are (as do I), guys, please use your actual account, you roleplayers! You guys know you can and will be infracted if they are seen again, and we don't want that. And for those with one account in this area, thanks for following the rules. ;)

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
This. We already have Lucina, and in my opinion, we don't need any more female semi-clones of existing fighters. K. Rool would be a MUCH more interesting DK rep. Bandana Dee would be cool, though. I think he'd have a unique moveset.
I agree the female fighters thing have gotten too out of hand for me, people have started to request them more just because they are females and not because the unique or bring something new to smash, it don't matter if the character male or female they should get in because of their uniqueness not their sex. I hate when females are shoehorned in the game.

Last edited:

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
Warning: A dedicated kirby fan and banana dee supporter is about to flip out.

The whole thing with banana dee is that if kirby is going to get a fourth rep, banana dee is gonna be that rep. Pretty much no one else is eligible.

As for banana dee himself,

1.) Banana dee is not just a waddle dee with a handkerchief. Banana dee is his own unique character, dating back all the way to Kirby Super Star, one of the most beloved kirby games of all time. He's been shown more love in recent years,a minor character in kirby super star ultra, a playable character in kirby return to Dreamland, a helper character in kirby triple deluxe, and, based on the box art, an important character in kirby and the rainbow curse.

So yeah, this guy is a big deal.

2.) Being a spear user, banana dee brings a new and unique playstyle. He's about the same size as kirby, but his spear had a very long reach and he can float like kirby, so he could be sort of a floaty but hard-hitting character. Just stabbing a spear isn't all he can do- banana dee is very versatile with his weapon. He can throw the spear at various angles, giving him a reliable projectile, and he has a really cool move where he spins the spear like a helicopter blade and flies around. Overall, sakurai did ask for unique character, and banana dee fits the bill.

3.) He's freaking adorable.

So yeah, if you wanna know why I support banana dee, play as him in kirby returns to Dreamland. You'll see why I hope he gets in.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains

I see some people forgot the rule about alts. Because you really shouldn't forget that.

You know who you are, guys, please use your actual account, you roleplayers! And for those with one account in this area, thanks for following the rules. ;)
Alright. Forgot there was a rule about that. Sorry. Guess I should go ahead and admit it.

I was @Mumkhar.

I tried to minimize the amount of usage and keep on topic at some points. But, now I'm retiring it. It was fun while it lasted.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

You know who you are (as do I), guys, please use your actual account, you roleplayers! You guys know you can and will be infracted if they are seen again, and we don't want that. And for those with one account in this area, thanks for following the rules. ;)
I'm a good Shulkle I only use one account o3o

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
going back on subject I think having the team member fighting a boss in the background like metal face if he is not a in game boss would be neat to see in smash sort of like with tails and them running in sonic's level

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
That is an interesting idea, I think it would make the most sence as basically still part of the attack pattern. So the boss would thesibly be too powerful for someone to fight normally in a fair battle at a low skill level (like Tabuu in a SSE stage maybe?) so you have some help to give it explanation (Like Master/CRazy Hand?)

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
I was @ Melia Melia . It was fun, but sorry for provoking the mod. Maybe when we get the sub-forum? No, never again.

On a slightly more cheerful note, this thread should just replace the general discussions thread. Everyone talks about everything here, only with more gifs.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
That is an interesting idea, I think it would make the most sence as basically still part of the attack pattern. So the boss would thesibly be too powerful for someone to fight normally in a fair battle at a low skill level (like Tabuu in a SSE stage maybe?) so you have some help to give it explanation (Like Master/CRazy Hand?)
or mixing both of the ideas when you "defeat" the boss let's say metal face the party members pop in and start attacking everyone on the stage besides the person who did the final blow on the boss

Hype Train

Woolly World hype!!
NNID
YesMann
3DS FC
0860-3788-1263
going back on subject I think having the team member fighting a boss in the background like metal face if he is not a in game boss would be neat to see in smash sort of like with tails and them running in sonic's level
Even better, the Allied Forces fighting a swam of Mechon on Sword Valley. Actually, the main reason I would want to see Sword Valley as a stage would be to see the two warring factions fighting in the background.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I was @Metal Face . I feel really bad about provoking the mods with the account, guess it's time to put it away once and for all.

...I'm lying, I'm way too lazy to run something like an alternate account. I'm really glad to see people coming forward about it and not simply slinking off into the shadows like small and particularly pansy-ish children. And back on topic, now that @ Hype Train Hype Train brings up the idea of the allied force fighting the Mechon in a Sword Valley stage, suddenly I really want a Sword Valley stage. I'd still much rather have a Junks stage, though.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Do you guys think that Shulk will have plenty of moves that are punishable or will punish other players?

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I must admit that when one of you guys admits you were one of the roleplayers I'm reading it like I'm in an episode of Scooby Doo.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
"And I woulda gotten away with it too, if it weren't fer that meddlin' Monado!"

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
(Apologies in advance if this is exactly what you were getting at.) We know that Yellow Devil will appear, then leave, then appear, then leave... using the Metal Face example, he could be swapping between attacking the players and attacking random soldiers in the background.

"And I woulda gotten away with it too, if it weren't fer that meddlin' Monado!"
"and that dumb Nopon!"

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Now that the fighting going on in the background of Sword Valley has been mentioned, I have to wonder what would be going on in the background of all the locations. Chilkins and Antols duking it out in Valak, shooting stars and possibly some Metal Face action in Eryth, a giant friggin' Deinos Saurus and a Lakelet Mammut wandering around Makna (and perhaps some Nopon flying around in baskets carried by the pterodactyl things whose names escape me), obvious pretty ether crap happening in Satorl, a couple of giant unique monster fighting on Gaur Plains or something, and a Mechon assault on Colony 9?

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Now that the fighting going on in the background of Sword Valley has been mentioned, I have to wonder what would be going on in the background of all the locations. Chilkins and Antols duking it out in Valak, shooting stars and possibly some Metal Face action in Eryth, a giant friggin' Deinos Saurus and a Lakelet Mammut wandering around Makna (and perhaps some Nopon flying around in baskets carried by the pterodactyl things whose names escape me), obvious pretty ether crap happening in Satorl, a couple of giant unique monster fighting on Gaur Plains or something, and a Mechon assault on Colony 9?
Colony 9 is still my hope for a stage when the mechon attack

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Colony 9 is still my hope for a stage when the mechon attack
Funny thing is, while I was typing that, I was thinking "Although that is a bit of a spoiler". Nevermind that Sakurai could literally not care less about spoilers, the Mechon assault on the colony is basically assured the second Fiora says "Oh, the breeze feels so good" for the first time. And then we get to be reminded of that again, and again, and again throughout the course of the game. If I ever hear someone talking about how the wind feels nice I am going to kick them in the nose, and then proceed to use Wolverine claws to slide through their flesh like a hot knife through butter.

...Wait, am I sure I wasn't running the Metal Face account?

Hype Train

Woolly World hype!!
NNID
YesMann
3DS FC
0860-3788-1263
Funny thing is, while I was typing that, I was thinking "Although that is a bit of a spoiler". Nevermind that Sakurai could literally not care less about spoilers, the Mechon assault on the colony is basically assured the second Fiora says "Oh, the breeze feels so good" for the first time. And then we get to be reminded of that again, and again, and again throughout the course of the game. If I ever hear someone talking about how the wind feels nice I am going to kick them in the nose, and then proceed to use Wolverine claws to slide through their flesh like a hot knife through butter.

No, the Mechon assault on Colony 9 was assured when Fiora went "It's so peaceful. You know Shulk, I wish everyday could be like this. Always." Also, I don't get what your beef with that line is. I thought it was great. It perfectly encapsulates Fiora's attempts to seduce Shulk. You know, like every time she says "my body."

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
No, the Mechon assault on Colony 9 was assured when Fiora went "It's so peaceful. You know Shulk, I wish everyday could be like this. Always." Also, I don't get what your beef with that line is. I thought it was great. It perfectly encapsulates Fiora's attempts to seduce Shulk. You know, like every time she says "my body."
"The breeze feels so good. You know Shulk, I bet it would feel even better naked."

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

yeah I know it's a spoiler but that moment is always a moment that stood out to me

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
More fodder for the fanfic thread. :troll:
I feel like every Xenoblade shipping fanfic should end with "NOW IT'S REYN TIME"! :troll:
(Oh man, don't encourage them!)

Anyway, (cough), um, Shulk in Smash, (cough)... um... back on that thing about fancy backgrounds, I think it's worth remembering that we don't want it to be too distracting. I mean, sure, getting mesmerised by Xenoblade scenery would totally be worth taking an opponent's Falcon Punch to the face, but I think "less is more" in this case.

Edit, just for clarity: By which I mean, sure, have awesome Xenoblade scenery, but having Metal Face, 20 Mechon, 30 soldiers and 47 Dobercorgis running around in the background might be too eye-catching.

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Um...I know I should feel reassured by everyone's confidence about Shulk being in Sm4sh, but I can't help wondering. Remember how confident everyone was about Chrom? And look how he turned out.

I really hope my fears are unfounded...

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
(Oh man, don't encourage them!)

Anyway, (cough), um, Shulk in Smash, (cough)... um... back on that thing about fancy backgrounds, I think it's worth remembering that we don't want it to be too distracting. I mean, sure, getting mesmerised by Xenoblade scenery would totally be worth taking an opponent's Falcon Punch to the face, but I think "less is more" in this case.

Edit, just for clarity: By which I mean, sure, have awesome Xenoblade scenery, but having Metal Face, 20 Mechon, 30 soldiers and 47 Dobercorgis running around in the background might be too eye-catching.
You're right... Best just to leave it at the 47 dobercorgis. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom