• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm actually glad Shulk wasn't revealed today. I haven't beat Xenoblade yet :p

That being said, I don't think the fate of the second leak has any impact on Shulk. His chances were always pretty good, especially with the spiritual sequel to Xenoblade coming out on the Wii U. My thoughts toward Shulk's chances at this point are unchanged from my thoughts toward Shulk's chances before E3 and today;

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm not certain he'd get into Smash 4 if he doesn't even have a finalized name yet, or any name or large backstory revealed.

In addition, the Monado is much stronger as a mechanic than what little we have seen out of XCX, and more feasible than the Doll mechanic imo.
You're right, my hope is strong again.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
I know I'm a little late to the reveal party, but could anyone provide me with the post where Sal said that Shulk would be revealed today? I'm just curious to see it.

As for the leak, the one I feel bad for the most is Sal. The man is probably getting a lot of flack for info that turned out to be false, it's not like he wanted to troll us on purpose. That being said, I still do think Shulk's chances are looking good. Leak or no leak, the Monolith Soft tweets are solid proof enough for me. Although, I am a little doubtful and caught off guard because the leak is invalidated, Shulk should still be playable.

but I am a little sad Chrom isn't playable, but this is the Shulk thread here.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Can we have Riki and Reyn as a dual assist trophy?

...Cuz Heropon Time needs to happen.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
From the Japanese Everything Thread:

Yuichiro Takeda gets suspicious:
He alludes to the fact that 60 people from overseas (here) started following him in one day. People reply to this tweet with excitement about Xenoblade.
https://twitter.com/yuichiro_takeda/status/487946278299385857
Just my thoughts, but if Shulk was going to be shown, it was definitely swapped out. It could explain why the front page of smashbros.com was rushed and Lucina didn't have her Newcomer tag on the home page.

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
Double Post Warning Received
Reyn final smash: he yells reyn time and everyone dies

Imagine if sakurai announces shrek instead of shulk...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
From the Japanese Everything Thread:
Nintendo Employee: Sakurai-san, we are ready to roll the Shulk reveal trailer. Just give the word.
Sakurai: No. They know it's coming. They'll expect it. Switch it out.
Nintendo Employee: But sir, then we need to swap out the newcomer pages for the website! There's not enough time!
Sakurai: Switch it out. I'll not have people guessing my characters on a fake leak. We'll just do the same we did for Palutena.
Nintendo Employee: You mean...
Sakurai: We'll wait. :troll:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
No offense, but your native language isn't English is it?
In reality my country main language is Spanish, there teach us how to talk english but not many people talk english. Sadly am not good at writting english but I do my best. (Practice make perfection!)
Yes im writting too with a Wii U. is harder.

Let SHULK BE IN SMASH!
Shulk
Monado say HI!

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Nintendo Employee: Sakurai-san, we are ready to roll the Shulk reveal trailer. Just give the word.
Sakurai: No. They know it's coming. They'll expect it. Switch it out.
Nintendo Employee: But sir, then we need to swap out the newcomer pages for the website! There's not enough time!
Sakurai: Switch it out. I'll not have people guessing my characters on a fake leak. We'll just do the same we did for Palutena.
Nintendo Employee: You mean...
Sakurai: We'll wait. :troll:
I knew it they was watching us Lucina look like she was rushed:laugh:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
What if instead of Shulk we get the avatar character from X? How would you guys feel about that?
I guess I'd "learn to love" the character but It won't be the same. Let's hope for Shulk! :bluejump:
I don't they will replace Shulk but I think the avatar character can show up with him. The avatar character will be like the Robin of xenoblade

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Robin should show up in Shulk's trailer. After all...
They both get possessed by an evil god they end up killing. They'd have so much to talk about! And they're both such nerds! Robin and Shulk would be BFFs.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Robin should show up in Shulk's trailer. After all...
They both get possessed by an evil god they end up killing. They'd have so much to talk about! And they're both such nerds! Robin and Shulk would be BFFs.
True fact: they both also share the same hair stylist.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
For the sake of bingo, WE. NEED. SHULK.

I love ripping stuff off the interwebs.

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
I support!

He looks like an interesting character and he's from a series that's currently not represented.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
For the sake of bingo, WE. NEED. SHULK.

I love ripping stuff off the interwebs.
Care to maybe explain the letters? LS is long-shot, I'd assume?

Edit: My first bit came off as entirely too snide. I also just realized that it's over a year old.

Last edited:

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Too bad #MonadoMonday was a bust; Shulk would've worked great in the Fire Emblem-based trailer, but Captain Falcon is good, too (darn red herring retweet!)... :chuckle::urg: I'm not really familiar with Xenoblade, but assuming Shulk makes it in (which would be great advertising for a recent Intellectual Property), I feel like the Monado has potential to provide Shulk with a unique moveset.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Care to maybe explain the letters? LS is long-shot, I'd assume?

Edit: My first bit came off as entirely too snide. I also just realized that it's over a year old.
I literally have no idea what the letters mean. Because I ripped it off the interwebs and am a terrible, terrible person...

...That regrets nothing.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
A quarter to Reyn?

A quarter till Reyn?
You may not be aware, sir, but that figure in the picture is Neyn, not Reyn. He is the False Prophet of Time. Do not listen to his lies or lay eyes upon his gifs. I know you will anyways.

D

Deleted member

Reyn always dies for me. I guess I'm just not playing at the right time.

D

Deleted member

Good point. He seemed to die a lot more frequently when I got Sharla.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Good point. He seemed to die a lot more frequently when I got Sharla.
I can never let the AI handle Sharla. You ever see her do nothing when your party is dying? Literally, just sitting there enjoying the weather while Mechon rip Reyn to shreds.

Sharla's a Mechon spy.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
The fact that maybe they swapped out trailers because of the retweet making it too obvious did cross my mind, but I didn't want to let my conspiracy theorist brain get carried away so I discarded that.

Now I just think Sakurai told the guy to retweet to fake us out. Much less crazy right?

D

Deleted member

I can never let the AI handle Sharla. You ever see her do nothing when your party is dying? Literally, just sitting there enjoying the weather while Mechon rip Reyn to shreds.

Sharla's a Mechon spy.
For a second I thought that was a spoiler. But yeah. It's just annoying. I have to use a chain attack in order to properly heal people.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
For a second I thought that was a spoiler. But yeah. It's just annoying. I have to use a chain attack in order to properly heal people.
I just control her directly if I use her, but Riki's AI is surprisingly better at healing.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
The fact that maybe they swapped out trailers because of the retweet making it too obvious did cross my mind, but I didn't want to let my conspiracy theorist brain get carried away so I discarded that.

Now I just think Sakurai told the guy to retweet to fake us out. Much less crazy right?
Sakurai black mailed the Xenoblade director for his schemes. :p

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

I get the distinct feeling he retweeted only 'cause he was excited for Smash.

Of course, he might be excited because his character is in.

Ricky Cocaine

Smash Rookie
So I was completely wrong about Shulk, haha.

I STILL CRIED MANLY TEARS TODAY THOUGH.

#MonadoMonday has been postponed but not forgotten. Shulk will still make his entrance into the fray. I'm sure of it.
Power. How can you know though? Is Sakurai your best friend? (He's mine)

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I get the distinct feeling he retweeted only 'cause he was excited for Smash.

Of course, he might be excited because his character is in.
Who knows right? I'm not being totally in my last post, but everything means something and yet nothing now haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom