• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Might want to put that in a spoiler tag, love xD

Edit: beaten to it, nvm

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
#MonadoMonday is creating quite the storm.

Look out! Mornados incoming!

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'll just be having lunch. If Chugga' uploads a video while I'm gone, just... hrrrrrgggg
EDIT: that happened.

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Episode 26 of the Chuggaaconroy Xenoblade Chronicles LP is online!

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Was going to go with a Shulk avatar for tomorrow but there aren't that many and I figured everyone would be using them.

So I decided to go for the courageous Heropon, Riki.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
As an insomniac and knowing that the times are just getting more hype, I'm calculating my chances for sleep to be around 25%.
I'm pretty much an insomniac too. If I go to bed at 12, i'm most likely gonna fall asleep 4 hours later. (just as an example.)

Last edited:

foxuzamaki

Smash Rookie
Xenoblade is my seconed favorite video game of all time just behind starfox 64, if he is indeed announced tomorrow im gonna explode.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm pretty much an insomniac too. If I go to bed at 12, i'm most likely gonna fall asleep 4 hours later. (just as an example.)
Exactly. And it doesn't normally help that I wake up early no matter what time I go to sleep (although in this case for #MonadoMonday, it's a good thing.

I'm going to be at school during the reveal trailer... :urg:
*Looks at calendar*

School? What is this sorcery?

Call the school and tell them "#MonadoMonday, kthnxbai"

Xenoblade is my seconed favorite video game of all time just behind starfox 64, if he is indeed announced tomorrow im gonna explode.
Xenoblade/Fire Emblem (tied for first), Star Fox, Legend of Zelda, Mario, Kid Icarus...I'd like to think that I've prepared my body for this trailer, but I don't know. Too much hype on the line.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I'm so thankful it's still summer for me...
...Then again, because of that I've been going to sleep at like 1 or 2. I will force myself awake before Reyn's (best friend's) time!

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Right, I need to sleep. But it's officially #MonadoMonday here so I'm content.
See you all in a couple hours ^^

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm so thankful it's still summer for me...
...Then again, because of that I've been going to sleep at like 1 or 2. I will force myself awake before Reyn's (best friend's) time!
Because of this thread alone I have gone to sleep 5AM for three days straight. It's just too much fun.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Wait a second...
That was my last chance to post that video in this thread, if Shulk is indeed revealed tomorrow.
Where do I post it afterwards? ;n; Lesson learned, eating causes bad things to happen. Therefore don't eat

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Wait a second...
That was my last chance to post that video in this thread, if Shulk is indeed revealed tomorrow.
Where do I post it afterwards? ;n; Lesson learned, eating causes bad things to happen. Therefore don't eat
You can still post it in this thread. There are a lot of people who are still interested in Xenoblade, and we're not planning to let this thread go inactive.
Just don't expect that you are the only one who tries to post it ;)
I hope you aren't really salty because of me Q.Q

Last edited:

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
I've been sleeping around midnight since my summer vacation started. But yeah it would take me at least an hour+ for me to actually fall asleep, even more if I'm hyped up for something that's gonna happen the next day. Like now.

I'm always hyped for Smash Bros, but I'm even more hyped because the livestream of course!!

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It may seem like bandwagoning, but I just wanna say I support Shulk, and believe he'll be revealed tomorrow (if we don't get Ridley :p)

Also, moveset of some sort:

• B - Monado Activate - Shulk activates the Monado (duh) and can use one of four Monado Arts depending of which direction one moves the control stick, which will affect Shulk and any nearby teamates in Team Battle. These last a few seconds, and once they run out, you've got to wait a bit for the Monado to recharge.
    • Up - Monado Speed - Ups agility, allowing him to run faster and jump higher.
    • Side - Monado Enchant - Raises power, hitting like a truck and dealing decent knockbak.
    • Down - Monado Shield - Surrounds Shulk in a defensive veil that gives him knockback resistance, as well as reflecting projecctiles. Still takes damage from attacks, though.
    • While either of these effects are actuvated, he press B again to use Monado Buster. A pretty strong attack, especially when used in tandem with Enchant, but it ends the power he activated previously.
  • B> - Turn Strike - Shulk's original talent art. He delivers a powerful blow that sends enemies behind him. In addition to that, he immediately turns around for you to quickly rush towards the foe. Sounds mundane, but turning around like this takes significantly less time than just turning around manually, due to Shulk being kind of slippery.
  • B^ - Skip Travel - Technically it's not an actual skill, but it's still cool, and convenient. He simply teleports to safety.
  • Bv - Vision - When activating this move, his eyes will glow and he'll stand still for a while. Once he finishes charging, he'll flash white. As long as he is flashing, if he's hit by any attack that deals high damage or is able to send Shulk far away, he'll automatically dodge it and counterattack. After that, he'll stop flashing. He'll stop flashing automatically if you leave him like that for about twenty seconds.
  • Final Smash - Chain Attack - He calls in Reyn and Sharla to trap all opponents in a Chain Attack. Using the right commands with each partner, you can build up massive damage, and finishes off with a deadly strike. Bomus points for over the top one liners after the combo.
And yeah, #MonadoMonday.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It may seem like bandwagoning, but I just wanna say I support Shulk, and believe he'll be revealed tomorrow (if we don't get Ridley :p)

Also, moveset of some sort:

• B - Monado Activate - Shulk activates the Monado (duh) and can use one of four Monado Arts depending of which direction one moves the control stick, which will affect Shulk and any nearby teamates in Team Battle. These last a few seconds, and once they run out, you've got to wait a bit for the Monado to recharge.
    • Up - Monado Speed - Ups agility, allowing him to run faster and jump higher.
    • Side - Monado Enchant - Raises power, hitting like a truck and dealing decent knockbak.
    • Down - Monado Shield - Surrounds Shulk in a defensive veil that gives him knockback resistance, as well as reflecting projecctiles. Still takes damage from attacks, though.
    • While either of these effects are actuvated, he press B again to use Monado Buster. A pretty strong attack, especially when used in tandem with Enchant, but it ends the power he activated previously.
  • B> - Turn Strike - Shulk's original talent art. He delivers a powerful blow that sends enemies behind him. In addition to that, he immediately turns around for you to quickly rush towards the foe. Sounds mundane, but turning around like this takes significantly less time than just turning around manually, due to Shulk being kind of slippery.
  • B^ - Skip Travel - Technically it's not an actual skill, but it's still cool, and convenient. He simply teleports to safety.
  • Bv - Vision - When activating this move, his eyes will glow and he'll stand still for a while. Once he finishes charging, he'll flash white. As long as he is flashing, if he's hit by any attack that deals high damage or is able to send Shulk far away, he'll automatically dodge it and counterattack. After that, he'll stop flashing. He'll stop flashing automatically if you leave him like that for about twenty seconds.
  • Final Smash - Chain Attack - He calls in Reyn and Sharla to trap all opponents in a Chain Attack. Using the right commands with each partner, you can build up massive damage, and finishes off with a deadly strike. Bomus points for over the top one liners after the combo.
And yeah, #MonadoMonday.
Oh wow, I remember you from when I used to lurk all around the boards! Nice moveset btw.

D

Deleted member

This thread is getting me more hyped up than I originally wanted to be. Thanks for all of the images and thanks for a fun thread centered around an interesting character from arguably one of the essential games on the Wii of the entire seventh console generation. You're all a bunch of jokers, and I mean that in a positive manner. Keep it up!

Regardless of whether tomorrow's newcomer is Shulk or not, I'll be welcoming him/her/them ("them" being the Chorus Men) with open arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom