• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Headbutt Chains?

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Tried this and it only worked on Bowser...I don't like this when a normal punch would kill.

Flashiness does not come before getting the job done

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
But what about when a normal punch wouldn't kill? The extra damage could push them over the edge. When ZSS does 2 Dsmashes instead of 1, it's not for the sake of flashiness. I've always wondered why DK couldn't do similar things with his Headbutt.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
But, if you connect the headbutt and follow with a punch that doesn't kill. You have a perfect edge guard setup.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
... which doesn't work on all characters, and is more situational than this double headbutt. -_- I'm not saying we should all do it all the time, just when the situation presents itself. This is the first place I've seen it online, and I thought I'd mention it.

daisho

Smash Lord
Against most characters when the punch wouldnt kill they would escape quick enough so you can maybe get in the second headbutt, but would definitely not be in a position to use it again. (Not against super heavies since they have to be at a higher percent to kill so it would take longer for them to break out, but there arnt that many of them well ranked).

It is also extremely situational because it can only be used on certain characters under certain platforms.

And the snake kill was awesome.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
I've gone for this a few times and have pulled it off exactly once. It looks nice, but it's just not reliable enough to attempt it in a serious match.

Try it on your friends for fun, but don't ever try it in a tournament.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
this is where the DK pillar comes into play, especially on battlefield

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Against most characters when the punch wouldnt kill they would escape quick enough so you can maybe get in the second headbutt, but would definitely not be in a position to use it again. (Not against super heavies since they have to be at a higher percent to kill so it would take longer for them to break out, but there arnt that many of them well ranked).

That's what I wanted to get to. If this is tried on jiggs, who dies at 30%ish with a 9 wind up. Then if this headbutt is attempted at 10% get her to 20%ish and the second would get to 30% in theory. BUT, if the head but is tried at 10% she can easily escape and not give you a chance to full hop up there.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
ugh, i hate clantages "look, none of us are good enough to play well and make our own video, so we pulled together a bunch of odd moments of other people from the same group getting *****, usually for their own dumb mistake, to make us look cool"

as for the actual thing, most situational moment ever, most of my headbutts are too close to a ledge to use the center platform

MrEh

Smash Hero
Wow, that video sure gets posted a lot. I think that's the most viewed smash related video from Hawaii.

First of all, that will never happen. It might work on Bowser, but it's so lulzy that it's not even worth it.

Secondly, the Wargasm is awesome. Whether or not it was set up in that video cannot be proven, but it actually does work. The creator of that is named WAR, and he can actually do that on a regular basis. I'm not kidding.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Combos were sick. <3

And Double Headbutt isn't that good as like... ZSS double Dsmash or something like that because it takes too long to come that.

Top Bottom