• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hawaii smashers where you at?!?!

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Congrats, thomas4america thomas4america !

Real talk, it's getting annoying tough to decipher the monthly brackets since no one seems to keep the same names. -_- A little consistency would be nice...

Phungi Phungi , yeah, my mains have their problems, but I'm trying to overcome them. I tried Cloud for a while after he was released, but Corrin was even more fun for me so I switched. There are still some serious differences between Cloud and Shulk though, and the Monado Boy's meta is constantly progressing as we find more and more new tech. I still don't see Cloud cancelling all landing lag in any way. Really enjoying the new meteor setups I've been developing too.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Going to be on Oahu (O'ahu?) for a few days if anyone wants to throw down? Not sure if there's a weeklies scene around but I'd love to drop by.
Try checking the Oahu Facebook page. I don't have the link on hand, but I recall it being given somewhere earlier in this thread. I haven't seen the Oahu players posting much in this thread lately, but they definitely have a scene, along with a PR.
If you find a tourney there, good luck!

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
Try checking the Oahu Facebook page. I don't have the link on hand, but I recall it being given somewhere earlier in this thread. I haven't seen the Oahu players posting much in this thread lately, but they definitely have a scene, along with a PR.
If you find a tourney there, good luck!
Thanks for the quick response!

thomas4america

Smash Cadet
Hey WindHero WindHero and other potential Big Island Smashers viewing this thread, just popping in to inform you of 4PGC if you were unaware. The event link is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1715282278611842/

It is going to be huge. There is a huge $300 prize pool and skilled players from all over the island are going to be there. Finals will probably be on the big projector screen and the competitors will be on stage. Please make sure all of your friends in hilo know about this because this will be the biggest Smash event that the Big Island has ever seen.

Also there will be a doubles bracket on day 2!

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I'm ready for Round 2! I've already been contacting friends in Hilo, but I don't have any guarantees of any showing up yet. :/
Cool that we're putting it on the projector screen, that'll draw some attention! Were we gonna stream it this time, by any chance? I have a few circles online where I can share the stream, mostly Discord servers.

Haha, yeah, I'm not too confident with my doubles play.... Who knows?

If anyone wants, the simplified schedule is here.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
So, I have a big announcement for all our Smashers across the state.

I have officially created a Discord server for our state's scene! You can find it here: https://discord.gg/QHMfPbV

I've done my best to make it a server on the same quality level as most character discords, though I admit there is still work to be done. All the standard channels are there, along with separate matchmaking channels for Wii U and 3DS players to make finding opponents that much easier. Our TikiBot is quite functional, and can even handle adding roles and flairs so you don't have to wait forever until a mod comes around.

We are searching for moderators at this time, just DM me on Discord if you're interested and think you'd be a good fit. Things we're looking for: availability (not so much about how long you're on, but when you're on), capability, respect, and good character.

What are you waiting for?

Top Bottom