• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hawaii smashers where you at?!?!

Heavy Vulcan

Smash Rookie
Been doing some research and it looks like there's some smashers scattered through the islands. Lemme know if y'all have any tournaments or anything goin on.

My falcon's knee is restless....

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
There's a really big Smash page on Facebook for Oahu smashers.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
It's called theREALhawaii. It's probably on the regional zones Facebook list. It's not exclusive to Oahu, but it's centralized there, like everything.

dislas

Smash Rookie
Just joined theRealHawaii group also, but if anyone is down to meet up still let me know. I'm on Oahu

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I doubt that any of you do, but if any of you know any Big Island smashers, please tell them to search up Big Island Smash Community on Facebook. We're just starting our group and would really like to expand.

Atom Fathom

Smash Rookie
Just got to Oahu 2 weeks ago...looking to smash!! 214-926-3487 let me know if you're out there and where you're at....I'm on Pearl Harbor Naval Base, hit me up to play!

SilverSage

Smash Rookie
Just got to Oahu 2 weeks ago...looking to smash!! 214-926-3487 let me know if you're out there and where you're at....I'm on Pearl Harbor Naval Base, hit me up to play!
Whenever you want to play let me know, I'm adding you to my friends list. And I live on ft shafter and work on Hickam. and I drive too. My number is 404.861.7511 Hit me up whenever

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
I'm from Oahu! Looking forward to playing you guys on the 3ds in a couple days! I'll be at the Kahala Mall midnight release haha. I also play Brawl and PM. Not so much melee

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Kinda digging up an old topic here, but I didn't feel the need to clutter with yet another "Any bros in Hawaii?" thread.

I'm on the Big Island, centered at the bottom of the island, so I get the best of Hilo and Kona. :3 That said, I also miss a lot of events due to travel distance. I have seen a healthy Smash community forming on both sides, but I was just checking to see if anyone I know is on here.

Anyone from UHH here, or contestants in the 4PGC tournament last Saturday?

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Yeah, I heard about that group on Saturday, yet I'm not on FB. Ah well, at least I know it's there. ;P

Were you at 4PGC?

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
No, couldn't make it. Heard it was awesome. A friend of mine did, got 2nd in sm4sh singles (I don't know if there were doubles).

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
No, couldn't make it. Heard it was awesome. A friend of mine did, got 2nd in sm4sh singles (I don't know if there were doubles).
Aww, bummer. Yeah, that was my first tournament with Smash... Got 9th, said friend of yours knocked me out of the winner's bracket round 3. Loser's bracket was largely my fault, I didn't realize tap-jump was off on the controller, and when I noticed, I was stubborn and didn't insist on stopping the match so I could fix it. Also should have switched to using my 3DS as a controller for the second game... So yeah, screwed myself there. >.<

There were no doubles, although during the last rounds of the tournament, two of the unoccupied TV's were picked up for some friendly doubles, with Friendly Fire enabled. I partook in two of those: One game, I played Shulk next to a Lucas player versus a two-Lucas team. We beat the dual-Lucas. :)
Second match, my partner swapped to King Dedede, opponents and I stayed same. Here F.Fire work against me, I failed to dodge DDD's fully charged FSmash since I was charging my own smash... sad way to die.

Actually, it was my match against the 2nd place winner that inspired me to come here to the forums. I'm considered one of UH Hilo's better players, but I got beat so bad by his Sheik that I realized I had to really do more if I ever want to beat him. So yeah, my short term goal is to get good enough to hold my own against him.:p

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Yeah, it's good to set goals like that. Training to best someone specific is always a more realistic goal than things like "be the best on the island." Although that's a goal I'm sure we'd all like to achieve :/

You're making me regret not going lol. Heard that they're gonna start doing monthlies, so at some point I'll make it down. If you want to ask the 2nd placer for some sparring time I can contact him for you. He lives in Kona I think.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Yeah, I definitely want to attend some of those monthlies, though I'll be lucky if I even get to a couple. In the meantime, I'm studying my Shulk + others to improve my game. It's slow... But soon I'll be really feeling it. If nothing else, I should be approaching the level where I can beat Hilo side's current "best"... Getting 1st AND 2nd at Pahoa's tournament shouldn't have been possible... But, I already do beat him occasionally. :3

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
What was Pahoa's tournament? I've been to one, I don't know if there have been any more. At the tournament that I went to I got 2nd and 3rd. Somebody got 1st in both events, completely bodied me. You've probably played him, his tag is McDolo.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Oh, so that's what happened? Yeah, I've played Duke "McDolo" many times. He and I are regulars in the UH Hilo cafeteria.

However, he's been playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate lately. Not sure how sharp he is with Smash atm, but he's still got a strong spike game. In fact, that may be his biggest weakness: a heavy thirst for spikes.

I can proudly say that I've beat his Capt. Falcon with Link on more than one occasion, even when he had a buddy team up with him against me. However, his ROB is fearsome. He finds my aggressive Greninja playing slightly threatening, but it's usually a wash with no clearly better player. Last I played with him, he was still somewhat better than me, but I've gotten a lot of practice since, so I wonder.

I feel like the biggest thing I miss since summer started has been the chance to play Smash against the guys at UH. I only got one of their FCs before the semester ended... >:O

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Well since I don't have access to a WiiU regularly, my sm4sh game has been dropping exponentially. I'd say two or so months after the Pahoa tournaments was when I was at my best.

Beating someone 2v1 is no small feat, and I don't mean any disrespect to your skill or McDolo's, but from what I saw at Pahoa McDolo's Shulk is leagues ahead of his other characters. Having watched his Falcon in a ditto and his ROB in multiple multiplayer matches, I was fairly confident that I would beat him in both character dittos. At the very least I know his ROB has a few screws loose (heheh). Don't tell him I said that tho, I don't want him to body me again (;_;) That said, none of my character pool holds a candle to his Shulk. I never asked him, is there a specific reason he doesn't play Shulk in multiplayer games?

From what I gather most of the smashers on Big Island are primarily Melee players, but it seems like UHH and HCC have a lot of sm4sh players. Makes me wish I went there.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
You know, I've been wondering why he doesn't play Shulk more often myself. Maybe he's trying to save it as his ace-in-the-hole? He did once give me some pointers on how to play Shulk better, but he almost never plays 1v1 with his Shulk against me. In multiplayer, I understand the preference to avoid playing Shulk, since that's three chances to get punished on the horrible ending lag, rather than just the single opponent you're facing. (Still, I've had a few occasions playing Shulk in multiplayer where I took out about 1 or 2 stocks on everyone before they got me, and I'm living on a prayer at 286%... higher than the game lets you record for Peak Damage under records.) Still, I'm rather inconsistent...
Not sure if that's his reason for keeping Shulk out of multiplayer though.

However, his Shulk was good enough at the tournament that all our mutual friends who saw it have stopped playing Shulk completely. They feel like they'd disgrace the character if they tried playing. :laugh: I didn't see it, so I still play him. ;)

Sorry to hear about your Sm4sh game dropping, hope you can recover it! Also, probably no one would notice if you snuck into UHH just to play. :evil: I started playing Smash back at Melee, but I only played it for fun with my sister. I don't think I ever even dodged while playing it back then, haha. I picked up dodging in Brawl...

I have been playing some Project M lately, but it's somewhat hard for me, what with the insanely different physics. I'm trying to learn Marth, since it's good dash-dancing practice.

His ROB's screws are quite loose, indeed. He focuses way too much on the grab game and air game. If your own grab outranges him, have fun. (Link? Yay? Nay?) That said, he's fairly solid all around, though I wish to see his Shulk.

I know that feel about being without a Wii U, perhaps even worse than you. Imagine actually having a license to develop Wii U games despite never having gotten the system. :surprised:

Phungi

Smash Cadet
NNID
bigfork24
Yeah man, Its me Brandon. I am so proud and honored that my sheik inspired you. Sheik and falcon are my current mains, but im looking for a change, because falcon isnt quite good enough. and sheik just isnt my type of character.
You are going to have to remind me what you looked like and your main. I played alot of different people that day.
I feel as if that tourney was the spark of the community finally pulling together.
. I will be at four pillars next sunday, we are having a small tourney with some good competition. I suggest everybody participates, it will greatly benefit the community. four pillars is located in the card shop of the bowling alley KBxtreme. Also, remind me your main, your name, and what you look like. cant wait to battle it out again and see your progress. also, code bread, is that like cody or justyn?

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
You know, I've been wondering why he doesn't play Shulk more often myself. Maybe he's trying to save it as his ace-in-the-hole? He did once give me some pointers on how to play Shulk better, but he almost never plays 1v1 with his Shulk against me. In multiplayer, I understand the preference to avoid playing Shulk, since that's three chances to get punished on the horrible ending lag, rather than just the single opponent you're facing. (Still, I've had a few occasions playing Shulk in multiplayer where I took out about 1 or 2 stocks on everyone before they got me, and I'm living on a prayer at 286%... higher than the game lets you record for Peak Damage under records.) Still, I'm rather inconsistent...
Not sure if that's his reason for keeping Shulk out of multiplayer though.

However, his Shulk was good enough at the tournament that all our mutual friends who saw it have stopped playing Shulk completely. They feel like they'd disgrace the character if they tried playing. :laugh: I didn't see it, so I still play him. ;)

Sorry to hear about your Sm4sh game dropping, hope you can recover it! Also, probably no one would notice if you snuck into UHH just to play. :evil: I started playing Smash back at Melee, but I only played it for fun with my sister. I don't think I ever even dodged while playing it back then, haha. I picked up dodging in Brawl...

I have been playing some Project M lately, but it's somewhat hard for me, what with the insanely different physics. I'm trying to learn Marth, since it's good dash-dancing practice.

His ROB's screws are quite loose, indeed. He focuses way too much on the grab game and air game. If your own grab outranges him, have fun. (Link? Yay? Nay?) That said, he's fairly solid all around, though I wish to see his Shulk.

I know that feel about being without a Wii U, perhaps even worse than you. Imagine actually having a license to develop Wii U games despite never having gotten the system. :surprised:
You know, I don't actually remember seeing this response. I think some goober liked it on my account so it didn't appear in my notifications (my account is logged into multiple computers).

Don't feel bad about not having dodged until your Brawl days, pretty much everyone I know was like that lol. Smash used to be all about dem smash attacks, I guess at some point we all grew some brains.

I've actually been to UHH multiple times since the tournament (not surprising since it was so long ago). Many a times I've passed through the cafeteria and recognized McDolo and some of the other tournament goers playing smash. The semester starts soon so I could probably come by whenevers. If possible I could help you with your PM game since my Melee/PM is leagues above my sm4sh skills.

Link is actually a solid counter to ROB since he can match ROB's insane projectile game and can combo him to hell cause ROB's so heavy. And the outranged grab is actually a great point too. You have a license in game development?

Yeah man, Its me Brandon. I am so proud and honored that my sheik inspired you. Sheik and falcon are my current mains, but im looking for a change, because falcon isnt quite good enough. and sheik just isnt my type of character.
You are going to have to remind me what you looked like and your main. I played alot of different people that day.
I feel as if that tourney was the spark of the community finally pulling together.
. I will be at four pillars next sunday, we are having a small tourney with some good competition. I suggest everybody participates, it will greatly benefit the community. four pillars is located in the card shop of the bowling alley KBxtreme. Also, remind me your main, your name, and what you look like. cant wait to battle it out again and see your progress. also, code bread, is that like cody or justyn?
This is Cody. I'm surprised you're dropping Shiek since you were so good with her (although I did almost beat you in dittos, save one SD:troll:). And nobody drops Falcon Falcon drops you.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Heya, glad to see you on the forums. As to how I look, I'm dark/dirty blond, 5'7" or so, always wearing shorts, and although my hair is short, it sometimes seems thicker around the top and sides. In the tournament, I played against your Sheik with Lucario, and I got styled by Captain while playing Link. However, my actual mains are Shulk and Robin. If you happened to be at 4pillars on the last Sunday of July, I was the Shulk playing in the free for alls up til around 4. I didn't use Shulk at all in that tournament, but I did use Robin in my first match, beating out a Lucina. I occasionally sub as Greninja.

Speaking of which, that was a blast, although I wonder if I should have played a wider variety of characters that day and give some of the others a few more victories. That was fun having three team battles as well, even if the last two were me against the other three. One place I know I've definitely derived some improvement from is learning to button jump rather than tap jump. UTilt is too strong to be ignored, and I couldn't use a lot of great tools with Tap Jump, such as Shulk's UTilt juggle.

Hrmm, I just went back to Monster Hunter again, I guess I'll pull back out Smash and sharpen up again. It might be hard to get there next Sunday, considering college starts up again this week, but who knows. I definitely want to go. What time would the tourney start? Hopefully not too late...

Sheik is an interesting case, I have to recognize her strength, but I just find things aren't particularly fun with her, playing as or against her. It's too.... ugh. Bland? Easy? idk.

@ Code Bread Code Bread , I know what you mean about Melee being all smash attack, but I must confess there was also a second party there: the all specials players, which still lives on in Sm4sh around some corners. (Kirby, I'm looking at you.) My sister loved the C-Stick, I loved the B button. Since i mostly played Link in Melee, the projectiles won. :)

My schedule is crowded this semester. My only real free time is 12:15 to 2:00 on TR...... Some of that being used for lunch. So, maybe a little time for smash, but not any huge amounts, barring class cancellations.

ROB isn't so hard for me as he once was. He's annoying, sure, but I'm learning. Every* character has some weakness, it just needs to be found/exploited. Bowser Jr. is annoying, but get beneath him in the air, and you're A-O.K. ROB, as you mentioned, is heavy enough to be combo food if done right. Shulk in Buster has a nice time if he can get in.

*Sheik is debatable. There are ways to mitigate certain threats, but.... Example, Shulk can use Smash Art immediately, which makes it impossible for Sheik to guarantee Dthrow -> Bouncing Fish.

EDIT: Now I notice the wall of text I made. :p Anyway, other thought, should I try seeing if any of my pals from UH want to go to the tourney? Who knows, if I can't go, maybe they could. And yes, I have a developer's license. I actually posted a couple pictures on my profile feed of the work I'm doing...

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Well, finally got some time to come post here a bit.

I really enjoyed that tournament on Sunday! Seemed like a really good turnout, and the competition felt quite stiff (in a good way). A little bummed no one from Hilo made it, but I found out yesterday that my friends failed to pass around the word... -_-" Anyway, I've made it quite clear now that the tourneys are monthly, so maybe some more will show up next time. Former Shulk main "McDolo" is the current recognized best from Hilo, and had he known, there would have been a 95% chance he'd show up. That said, his main has shifted to Ganondorf, so that's an interesting tidbit.

I think I've learned that the best strategy is to stick with my 3DS instead of believing I can magically pick up a controller with actual joysticks and play well with it, without any prior practice. @ Phungi Phungi : Brandon, I swear I'll take a stock off you next time, provided I use my 3DS as a controller.

For those wondering, the bracket is here: http://challonge.com/4pillarsaugustsmash
Congrats on winning, Brandon! And well done, Thomas, earning a runner up position.
It was highly ironic that Ryan was my first opponent, we were talking not 10 minutes before the tourney started about the Shulk dittos I won against Daniel. Second layer irony is that I beat Daniel 3 times before the tourney, then he narrowly 2-0s me round 3. :upsidedown: Definitely should have let off the offensive after I gained the advantage.

How do you guys generally handle Roy? I would normally play Shulk against Roy, but it always ends up being too close for comfort, or even an outright loss. Think picking up Link is a viable solution?

Last edited:

Phungi

Smash Cadet
NNID
bigfork24
I actually really want to play against Mcdolo now. He better come to the next monthly. Ganondorf though? really? thats a good idea bro, sticking to the 3ds, its a really good idea. unless you somehow get a wii u or something. In that case, gamecube all the way. yeah, you shoudl have beaten daniel. Your shulk was the best I've ever played with, it was super interesting. (also Daniel is one of my normal practice partners). Yeah, I had a close game with this this roy (connor), who I was better than, but it was sure stressful. Due to the fact that his sweetspot F smash by the ledge, killed me at 60.

Phungi

Smash Cadet
NNID
bigfork24
I actually really want to play against Mcdolo now. He better come to the next monthly. Ganondorf though? really? thats a good idea bro, sticking to the 3ds, its a really good idea. unless you somehow get a wii u or something. In that case, gamecube all the way. yeah, you shoudl have beaten daniel. Your shulk was the best I've ever played with, it was super interesting. (also Daniel is one of my normal practice partners). Yeah, I had a close game with this this roy (connor), who I was better than, but it was sure stressful. Due to the fact that his sweetspot F smash by the ledge, killed me at 60.
play him like you would ganon or little mac. Space him out, dont play footsies, and gimp. But if you miss the gimp, get to center stage. When playing against roy, it is really nice to have a counter. If he is a counter spamming roy, bait him into one and punish accordingly. roy does not have a good aproach. play the neutral and force him to aproach. and above all else. when he gets a grab, do not stress mash a neutral air or an airdodge. he will punish and kill you at -130 percent.
And also Chris, you had prize money, it sucks you had to leave early. I cant wait to play Mcdolo. he better come.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Lol, that almost sounds like a threat... "He better come... or else."

I kid, I kid. But anyway, can't guarantee anything. This month's tourney is smack right after Week 5... Around the time tests start happening in many classes. So I can't say with certainty that McDolo or I will be free that weekend, but can always try! I have a feeling I'll be able to stay longer next time, though. I mainly had to leave earlier since my dad was with me, and he commutes to work everyday, waking up at 4 a.m. Gotta get home to get enough sleep!

Thank you for the compliment on my Shulk. However, I know Shulk mains are fairly rare in some instances, lol. I found the difference in opinion between Hilo and Kona on Shulk rather amusing though. Kona: He's OK, no better than Top 15, if even. Hilo: Shulk should be banned. (lol) Reason being: McDolo.

Back when Pahoa had a tournament last school year (@ Code Bread Code Bread , you know this), McDolo was actually playing Shulk as his main. Ironically, I never saw him playing Shulk in the cafeteria with us, so I can't vouch for his Shulk as an eyewitness. He also played a lot of Captain Falcon, R.O.B., Falco, and occasionally Ganondorf, all of which I had personal experience fighting. Usually, I would lose 1v1's against him, but occasionally I would eke out a victory. Haven't been able to play him since this semester started, though... Apparently, his Shulk was devastating enough at the tournament that most of my friends who were there felt they couldn't touch his Shulk, and still don't want to play Shulk.

Hmm, I'll have to remember that about Roy. Sounds like pretty sound advice. I definitely know that I forget to let him approach, and I certainly suffer for it...

Phungi

Smash Cadet
NNID
bigfork24
Well it seams like the pahoa, hilo, and kona scenes need to have a battle royal/ grand tournament. The pahoa players are good, ive played with some of them, and they have a sizable scene. And I cant wait to fight Mcdolo, and the rest of the hilo scene.... And destroy them all! But legit, an island wide tourney, where all the smash players come, should probably be like near pahala.
I just thought of an idea actually, think about this. battle royal of everybody on the island comes up to mauna loa for the grand tournament to decide the big island champ.

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I can vouch for MoDolo's Shulk. Legit Brandon, I could only take stocks off it. I played maybe 9 games 1v1 against it, and Nick played maybe 4, and neither of us could take a game. I came close for a lot of them but never could close. I know at least back then his Falcon and ROB weren't as good as his Shulk, but not sure now. I've never gotten to play his Ganon, but since Ganon is such a read based character I can put faith in it.

I can confidently say Shulk is top 15. I think it takes a lot to be an efficient Shulk but he has a lot of tools to utilize. The main thing that holds him back is afaik his frame data is horrible.

I actually have no idea how to play against Roy cause nobody I play takes him seriously. It doesn't help that I don't practice often nowadays anyway. I can say that from what I can tell Link wouldn't be the best to counter Roy with. Up close I think Roy has better options than Link. Both Roy and Link have low mobility, so Link wouldn't have a particularly easy time outpacing him.

Man, I really need to start getting back into it. Since I dropped Ness I still don't have a main lol and that was like a year ago.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Whoa, I didn't know his Shulk was that good. Suddenly I'm feeling like I should downgrade my self-imposed title of "best in the cafeteria" to "2nd best in the cafeteria"... Darn you, Smashladder, for encouraging illusions of grandeur. (lol)

An island-wide Smash tournament to determine the strongest? That would be EPIC. Pahala works great for me, since it's 30 minutes away from where I live. That said, Pahala doesn't really have any posh facilities for such a large event, unlike Hilo or Kona's hotels... I mean, there's a community center, but it's pretty plain.

A tournament on Mauna Loa sounds extremely cool and hardcore, but I have to wonder how well we could supply the electricity for the tournament, let alone get people to go there. It'd be a pretty exclusive tournament. :p
If you think you can steamroller all the Hilo players though, especially McDolo, that overconfidence will be your downfall. Not to mention McDolo has trained another player personally, Brian. He's not quite as good as McDolo, but he has leaned much. Until I can actually fight Brian or McDolo this semester, I'll go by the conclusion of last semester for cafeteria "power rankings":
1. McDolo
2. Brian
3. WindHero (me)
Actually, I was probably 5th or 6th at the end of last semester, but the two I felt were better than me both had 1-hour sessions of getting mostly beaten by me this semester. :p xD And a lot of the players have kinda gotten rusty over the summer, or moved over to games like MH4U, or just not had time. Still, I'm trying to rekindle interest in smash over there again this semester.

For Roy, I think I should stick with Shulk and utilize Speed and Jump better. If mobility is the name of the game, Shulk definitely can make Roy's day misery. Also, I've picked up on some new Shulk combos, including a couple deadly offstage finishers. (One of them, I was told yesterday, is something McDolo does quite often.)

You dropped Ness? Bummer. I guess you could always try picking up another range-based character. I've found that I generally do better with new mains when they have something in common with my previous one(s).

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Aye, I'm probably picking up Lucas, though I don't think I'll ever be able to use him like I did in Brawl. He feels so much more floaty and hard to control. I usually play whatever characters suit my whims. I've always found it strange when people play only one or two characters in smash. There are like 80 characters why would you only play one of them sllsdhjkjfahb

I would say speed is one of Shulk's best options. It makes him stupid hard to keep up with as long as you can play around his limits. Superior range and higher mobility would make him a potential counter to Roy, I assume.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Honestly, hardly any characters are the same as in Brawl, partially because of the mechanic changes all across the board. They made things so that characters stay alive longer than ever before. Floaty jumps are just one of the ways this was accomplished...
Lucas is neat though. I've always preferred him to Ness, though I'm bummed that his launch power is worse than in Brawl (to my perspective). Still, he seems more capable of comboing than Ness.

I know what you mean about people who never play more than one or two characters. I personally can pick up virtually any character and do fairly well, BUT the reason I play two or three much more often than the rest is because I've played them enough to fully understand their strengths and limits. I've beat All Star mode on Hard with every character in Smash 4... Except Mii Brawler, lol. I also don't have the Ryu, Mewtwo, or Lucas DLC, so I haven't been able to experience them on the player side. I guess that is where I can honestly say I have a leg up on most of the people in the UHH cafeteria: versatility. McDolo is really good, but I only have trouble fighting the characters he really knows how to play well. Even then, the problem characters for me that he plays are Falco, ROB, and Captain. And I found out my Link (only just barely a secondary for me) outperforms his Captain. Heck, I even beat him and Bryan in a 3 player match where they both played Falcon, I played Link, and they sort of ganged up on me. Basically, in the occasional matches where everyone plays Random, odds are in my favor.

What I like with Smash 4 is that all the characters have something going for them. A lot of them are limited, but none of them are unplayable by any means.

Phungi

Smash Cadet
NNID
bigfork24
Well @ Code Bread Code Bread you just scared the shiz out of me. So imma be practicing all day errr day, with that top tier character. I was really close to playing megaman and wii fit. But now im gonna have to have a new suprise main, like I always have for tourneys. But in all honesty, i cant wait to face off against brian and mcdolo, i just love seeing the scene expand and connect. But he wont be able to beat me:4fox:. I do intend to kee up my rep as the supreme champion.
:substitute:
I do love the fact that almost every character is viable in smash 4. Plus, with the fact that nerfs and buffs will continue to even the playing field, I feel like tiers will matter less and less, and matchups will matter more and more. I honestly feel like every character is viable to a degree right now, besides charizard, dr mario, mewtwo, and ganon. Pahala is a good middle ground for our 3 regions.

Top Bottom