• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having Girl Problems. Help?

yes

Smash Rookie
NNID
smokio
3DS FC
0989-1886-7815
I'm trying to switch to maining Link, since I find it entertaining to manipulate the field with bombs and boomerang and such. However, I cannot beat Peach or Sheik when I'm playing Link. I am (admittedly) a slow player, which is why I don't play chars like Fox or Falcon. I'm also not much for wavedashing. However, I can still do well with Link against many other characters (Space Animals, Falcon, Marth, etc.) but the ladies give me a hassle. I don't have any videos of my play, but I can describe my basic plans:

1. Set up combos via Bombs, Boomerang, and Hookshot, listed in frequency of use.
2. Use tilts and airs often, smash when appropriate

I know that it's not a lot, but can anyone help me out? Share any strategies? Give tips and tricks?

Zodiac

Smash Master
With peach, its hard because peach CAN simply play VERY VERY gay and just try to frustrate you, we all saw it when germ fought pink shinobi. At a distance you have to be abel to constantly out spam peach, and when you get in close WATCH OUT FOR THE DRESS, cause they will be looking to use it. but thats your advantage each peach player has a moment they prefer to use the dress, memorize that time and abuse them for it. and when peach is in the air (if she doesnt have a turnip in her hands) she can ***** by most characters with projectiles. But setting it up with link is a little harder, d-throw to uair can kill a peach though, its one of my favorite ways to finish off the fight, and remember her recovery sucks so be sure to use up-b out of shield when she's off the stage and overshoots the sweet spot. that hurts peaches, but its a rare occasion that they will go off the side and not di way above the stage and just float back to the middle,

but when she does be ready with something, a bomb, a grab..whatever, just be ready with it. and memorize what the peach does when they land, after you memorize it, counter it, because when she lands she's at a disadvantage. So to sum it up

-outspam her at a distance.
-throw stuff at her when she's in the air, make her scared to go in the air
-Memorize the dsmash usage and punish accordingly
-memorize recovery patterns for punishment
-DONT GET CAUGHT IN THE DSMASH

For sheik....Well, link has absolutely no advantages in this match up whatsoever, this match up will rely entirely on you memorizing your opponents patterns and punishing, and even then sheik is so much faster that you may still miss and you have to use mind games with memorization to combat her. Or..dont pick link.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Peach
- Move around as much as possible.
- Throw lots of projectiles.
- You know that lots of peach loves to CC to Dsmash.. so why not buffer roll after most landed arials.
- Bair/nair ***** floaties.
- Booooombs are your bestfriend
- Never ever shield grab. That hoe will either Dsmash, Jab(s) or grab after arials and its soo ****ing fast!
- Bombs/Close range rang to Dair.
- 90% Dthrow to Dair (FD. I suggest adding jabs to get those extra free % then Dthrow dair)

Sheik
- get *****.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yea I use jabs to either stop and lower floating approach or just rack up damage.

as for sheik, personally I just go sheik in this match up.

Spife

Smash Master
For the sheik match up, I want to quote skler...
So everyone tells you that Sheik counters Link right?
WELL I DONT' GIVE A ****!

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Learn to wavedash. Master l-canceling. Use Young Link against Peach, he gives her a bit of trouble with his speed and projectiles.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i dont fight too many peaches, let alone use link against them. but link can controll alot of space. u just have to be better w/ ur toys then peach is w/ radishes.

FrancisM2DaIzH

Smash Cadet
find someone that you can do good with when you play against peach or sheik and have them as your 2nd main

Skler

Smash Master
Peach isn't that bad for Link, it's his best matchup in the top 5. You only need to CP her on the really gay stages (mute city/DK 64) and even then it's winnable.

Link outcamps the everloving **** out of Peach, but Peach ***** the everloving **** out of Link's shield. The solution is jump around like a fairy princess while throwing things and space a lot of fairs. Lots. Of. Fairs. Fair > nair vs Peach. Use nairs to tap the top of her shield, but use fairs for **** near everything else.

Blah blah blah bomb leads to silly uair juggles blah blah blah throw **** and keep enough pressure on her to make turnip pulls dangerous blah blah blah spin attack if she ever tries to crossover dash attack blah blah blah spacing blah blah blah fsmash is really good too.

Sheik, on the other hand, is a really justifiable character to CP. Still, you could just man up and win anyways. She's a girl, she can't even grab edges backwards (anybody notice all the girls in smash can't grab edges backwards?).

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
yeah skler covered it. space and spam against peach. but you have to be less predictable against sheik. try not to be caught doing the same **** over and over against sheik. (or anyone really)

Top Bottom