• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

having a hard time pulling off a gattling combo ;[

BEES

Smash Lord
Alternatively you can press A for the dash attack, and press Up+Z immediately after. That's what I do.

C-stick on my controller broke a long time ago.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Timing..?

I suggest you go to Training, and make love with the speeds. Get used to it at 2/3 or 1/2.

Not hard, just better be using GCN.

Blue_Bomber

Smash Cadet
It actually gets easier if you do it while you're attacking something. Go to training mode, spawn a sandbag or something and input

DA>C-stick down>up on analog stick+Z. Make that input flow very quickly, about a quarter of a second. Be sure that the beginning of the DA hits so it can be cancelled. Then practice doing it out of a chaingrab. :D

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Definatelty practice it out of a dthrow/chaingrab and then try to follow the usmash with an aerial of some sort.

I never got the timing, and one day after a week of letting it down I tried it and get it about 90% of the time I go for it. It'll just start to click for you.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
its easy, if you're unable to do it try another controller, one of my controllers is jammed and can't DAC :(

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Lol I already made a thread similar to this...

But it kinda died, so it's all good. I'm glad to be seeing some different responses here, too. They're helping me, as well.

LÉØN

Smash Cadet
if the regular timing is too hard you could change your controls to tap jump off
then go-

diagonal up in the way you are going
c-stick down
and press z when you make contact with the other player

thats what i do

Squipy

Smash Cadet
There are plenty of ways to do it as previously said. I use c-stick down and c-stick up.

Make sure that you're hitting c-stick up immediately after landing the dash attack.

That doesn't work consistently? In training mode try making the dash attack land on the thigh or mid leg rather than the feet of Falco. I found it is much harder executing gatling from the tip of the dash attack when first learning gatling. It should help you become consistent and get the feel of the gatling combo.

Good luck.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
you guys..... you don't even need the c stick for a gatling combo. you just dash attack and hit Up and A (simultaneously) right after

Top Bottom