• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you ever rage-quit before?

WolfenMiatang

Smash Apprentice
In smash, sometimes. But I find ways to stop thinking about it.
But I know friends did that use to go to this forum that actually quit. 3 guys

Tamoo

Smash Master
I never "rage" quit
I just no contest sometimes when im about to lose my last stock stupidly
this mainly applies to melee where there is more potential to lose stocks stupidly (Azen dashing :()

LuLLo

Smash Ace
The only times I've quit a match was because of things happening outside the game, but never because I lose or play like ****. The thing is, when you lose and become angry, you're clearly not in control of your emotions and your self-esteem is really low, considering you're getting all worked up because you lose (losing is good for people).

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I only quit matches as mulligans in random tournament matches, or agreed to not play that stage in a tournament match.
Otherwise, if you rage quit or just give up and suicide, you need to quit this game.

I'm glaring at you M2K...

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
yup, when i play 1v3 team battles with lv 5 cpus and i get gimped early in the match. the likliness of me winning requires all my 5 stocks. dont judge me i dont play as much as others.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
No because its a fun game regardless.

If you're going to quit a match, just suicide. No contests are horrible.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Not even when you were 3 stocks down?
Lol.. I've never really been 3 stocks down because I only play with 3 stocks. But anyways, I don't ever remember rage quitting, Maybe I have on WIFI that I can't remember but never in real life or tounys. I think it just shows other people how weak you are to just quit like that.. There is always a chance to have a come back.. I mean sheesh, I just went to a tourny yesterday and the dude killed my first stock early on and we were very close at skill level, so I was like ...you won, and he said never give up, and I didn't and ended up making a comeback and winning that match. It also shows bad sportsmanship and also some lack of self control with your anger, Brawl is meant to be a competitive game but also ultimatly meant for fun, so even when you lose at a tourny or keep losing to someone you can't ever beat, don't let anger get the best of you, take it as an opportunity to improve your game. I did really bad at the tourny I just went to and I was really upset and disapointed about it but after I calmed down it just made me realize how much room for improvment I had to work on. It's no ones fault except your own.

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
quitting deprives you of any chances you might have had in a match and it makes you angrier afterwards. things can always turn around, so i'd rather die with my fist in my opponent's face (not literally :laugh:)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Never, no matter what the game.

Even if my whole team rage quits in Left 4 Dead, I'll stay on and play by myself rofl.

GC274

Smash Rookie
I've done it once, but that was my off day and well, i was pissed all day really...lol, I play even if I get *****, I just play for fun. So I haven't done it again since. Yay me ^_^

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes i quit. But only against CPU's (yes i'm playing with CPU's...).

Not against human players. And even against CPU's only if it was just too stupid xD

But most of the time i play until the very end. And sometimes it gets very funny. Once i played for fun with items against 3 Lv9 CPU's (King DDD, MK & Ganon, all vs all) with Link. Just for fun (i normally don't play with Link^^). I wasnt expecting very much.

And i lost very fast 2 stock (it was a 4 stock match). But i won the match due to the very odd stupidity of the computers and luck with items. I have got 4 or 5 KO's with an baseball bat :chuckle:

I laughed so much.

Well, but like i said against human players and most games with CPU's i don't quit. I wouldn't know why ;)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I rage quit the game about 3 times since I was getting no where in tournies... then I just decided to change chars now.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
If you think rage quitting is bad check this.

My bro got so mad after I beat him that he rage quit and after I left the room he deleted EVERYTHING. All the characters, stages, challenges, hours spent collecting CD's, stickers, and trophies all gone. My 24 friends on Wi-fi? Gone as well. Everything is gone.

What a douche. This happened today BTW so I guess I'll have to re do everything all over again.

*sigh*

ChAlz

Smash Cadet
I'd never rage quit just because I'm losing. Getting mad during the game makes me play worse, so I try not to.

I only would if there was a scenario where the other player was spamming to an extreme extent or something.

BeastlyBrawler323

Smash Rookie
When it comes to random online matches with no one I know, I'l quit every once in a while if theres a spammer or lag is making me die badly and I get angry lol but I would never do it on a match with someone on my friend list

Top Bottom