• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you ever had a dream about Smashbros?

Master Of Blades

Smash Apprentice
The bottom of Mariana's trench. Come visit!
3DS FC
2123-0105-9733
I had a dream about SSB4. It was a newcomer trailer.
It started with Shulk and Link fighting a friendly battle in what seemed to be Gaur Plains. After they finish, they shake hands and are about to leave.
Then a Shiny Celebi flies to them and giggles. Shulk asked "What's this pink fairy doing here?" Celebi giggles again and flies back the way she came.
Then it zooms in to the ground. Something is tunneling their way! Fast! Shulk then asks "What was that all about?" and Link shrugs. Then they feel the ground shaking under them. They both unsheathe their weapons, prepared for battle. Then, the shaking stops. They both look around confused.
Then, they get uppercutted by a mysterious green figure coming from the ground! Shulk and Link get knocked unconscious by the figure's attack. Celebi flies around it for a second, the text shows up.
"Grovyle & Celebi Gear Up!!"
Grovyle was in his PMD outfit, He the grasps a time gear in his right claw and makes a cocky grin.
Then it cuts to gameplay.
I only remember 2 other things.
1: There was a Temporal Tower stage for both versions of the game, with Primal Dialga going ape**** in the background, occasionally letting out Roar of Times to speed up, stop, or slow down time, Dragon breath, Earthquakes, and knocking over pillars.
2: Their final smash. Grovyle shouts "Celebi!" and raises his left claw in the air. Celebi then says "I'm on it" and stops time. Grovyle unleashes Leaf Storm, which covers the entire screen. When Celebi restarts time, all the players hit by the Leaf Storm (all of them ) take decent knockback.

Last edited:

Birdo!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2036-8689-4968
I had a dream that I got the 3DS version of the game and went to play it and I unlocked Mickey Mouse. He was mostly based on his World of Illusion appearance but had a keyblade final smash.
I woke up rather disappointed.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I've had a lot of weird Smash and other gaming dreams. I recently had one where I was playing Hector: Badge of Carnage, the Telltale mobile point n click, and I was just messing about and clicking on random things, and then suddenly, a bunch of messages show up on the screen telling me that Hector has been unlocked in Smash 3DS.

Slightly unrelated, but I also had a dream that I was helping develop a platform fighter for a future game console collaboration between Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony, and loads of random characters ended up being included, like Kitana from Mortal Kombat, Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother, and that guy from all the PS3 adverts.

darktiko

Smash Cadet
NNID
epicShadowman
3DS FC
1950-9084-7402
I had a nightmare where Doctor Mario came back for the next Smash back in 2010.

It would seem my nightmare came true. Doctor Mario/Mario Skin is returning.
now dr. mario is returning as a character enjoy your nightmare!!

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
I had a particular dream that involves me working with the developer team for Super Smash Bros 5, and we have loads of ideas on how to expand the game. However, it turns out to be slower than we thought since we have to check in with the director Masahiro Sakurai every week on whats happening though Skype. When we present some ideas that are a bit controversial, Sakurai would explain to us why it may be too risky to implement it, especially with mechanical settings related to fighting.

I also had one related daydream that we had to make at least 25 newcomers to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Super Smash Bros. for Super Smash Bros 5. One of them is Panel de Pon cast with Lip as the star. Other 3rd party candidates include Rayman, Bubble Bobble, and Bayonetta. We also came up with a few completely original fighters that are playable, as if not originating from any other game.

Perhaps the most amusing thing that happened in my dream as that our imaginary developer crew were making several game modes involving monsters. The first one is Monster Smash, which fighters cannot attack opponents directly, but instead the monsters deal damage. Players defeat monsters on the field to summon more powerful ones to fight on your side. The Second mode involves a rouge like mode where 4 players compete to get to reach the exit. Along the way, they will encounter monsters and boss fights to take out the loser while others continue until last player stands.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I had a particular dream that involves me working with the developer team for Super Smash Bros 5, and we have loads of ideas on how to expand the game. However, it turns out to be slower than we thought since we have to check in with the director Masahiro Sakurai every week on whats happening though Skype. When we present some ideas that are a bit controversial, Sakurai would explain to us why it may be too risky to implement it, especially with mechanical settings related to fighting.

I also had one related daydream that we had to make at least 25 newcomers to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Super Smash Bros. for Super Smash Bros 5. One of them is Panel de Pon cast with Lip as the star. Other 3rd party candidates include Rayman, Bubble Bobble, and Bayonetta. We also came up with a few completely original fighters that are playable, as if not originating from any other game.

Perhaps the most amusing thing that happened in my dream as that our imaginary developer crew were making several game modes involving monsters. The first one is Monster Smash, which fighters cannot attack opponents directly, but instead the monsters deal damage. Players defeat monsters on the field to summon more powerful ones to fight on your side. The Second mode involves a rouge like mode where 4 players compete to get to reach the exit. Along the way, they will encounter monsters and boss fights to take out the loser while others continue until last player stands.
Woah that is one long and one very interesting dream. So who else did you add to the roster?

That must have been one huge roster!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
A few days ago I dreamed that Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Solid Snake, Takamaru and a lot of other characters I can't remember were playable on Smash 4, but only in a very specific game mode. They were separate from the regularly playable characters from the official SSB4 roster, and in this mode there was a flat, large, single platform (imagine how the Summit stage from Brawl would look like in Omega form but with light blue sky and you get the idea) when I had to defeat a lot of white small flying enemies looking like Mahvas (those non-aggressive but annoying Smash Run enemies from KI:U who protect themselves with a spherical energy shield). And I was playing as the Ice Climbers, with their gimmick and moveset apparently unchanged from Brawl.
But the most akward thing in this dream was that I played on the Wii U version when selecting a character to play as, and when I actually played this game mode as the Ice Climbers it was on the 3DS version.

Curiously it happened way after Mewtwo's reveal as Smash 4 DLC (actually his artwork on the CSS was the same as his model shown at the end of the SSBU direct), and I'm not particularly upset about the Ice Climbers being gone either.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
My dream last night, Roy is back, and his jab was a OHKO.
I also had a dream where Sakurai came to my school and gave me a pamphlet showing all the characters and everything about them. Ridley, King K. Rool, and Jumpman were all playable.

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman
I had a dream awhile back where Darth Vader was in Smash 4. His tilt and smash attacks used his lightsaber. He used the Force for his special attacks. For his final smash, the Death Star appeared in the background and shot at his opponents.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I had a really weird dream last night that [kind of] involved Smash.

In my dream, Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Shulk were fighting on the Bridge of Eldin stage [omega form with this playing in the background] and Shulk got KO'd. To celebrate Shulk's demise, the other three characters went to some fast food place to eat. I was suddenly placed in Luigi's perspective and found a police hat on the cash register, and decided to wear it. The cop who had the hat noticed and tried to arrest Luigi/Me. Scared, I ran out of the fast food place and went into a dark room beneath some random steps in an old building.

Peach found me and said that if I wait there for 3 years, the police would forget that I "stole" the cop's hat. After staying in that dark area for 3 months (according to Peach, though it felt like a few seconds), Peach said that I should get active a bit and participate in a Smash fight. The next thing I knew I was inside of the same fast food place and the cop with the hat was waggling the hat in front of me and was about to arrest me.

Suddenly, the entire place flooded with lava (like the kind on the Great Cave Offensive stage) and I made my way to the top of the fast food place. Ludwig Koopa was there, and we fought on top of the building with lava around it (the area was curved like the Mario Galaxy stage). Ludwig used his cannon ball attack and I was knocked into the air, though I kept hitting a bunch of brown walls and was bouncing around the stage as if I had 999% HP.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I had a dream I was playing against someone famous (don't remember, someone like M2K or something) in the finals in a tournament, but instead of it being a typical Smash tournament, it was where the season 4 League of Legends World Championship was.
(for those of you who don't know, it's this arena)

It was actually a really powerful dream to me. It wasn't really focused on the actual game being played, it was just before and after it. It was actually a really crazy dream.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
This was before we got any news for Sm4sh, but I dreamed that I got the game and I was super excited to play it. I remember I was sitting down staring at the select screen, and I said "I REALLY hope this isn't a dream!"

I immediately woke up. I was livid.

PedroSmashFan2014

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1313-2178

Nice dream, huh? My dream is work to nintendo, save Mario Party from doom, and work on the development for the next Super Smash Bros.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
I had another dream that just came up last night:

I was walking into the store that the new Super Smash Bros game has finally been released, and I was the first in line to get a 2 smash game combo pack (one for home and portable versions). When I opened it up, it turned out to be fraudulent package, and this made news all over the gaming network because that packaging was not approved by Nintendo.

I cannot believe how long can I sustain-smash related dreams before my post-hype goes down.

Minuy600

Smash Apprentice
I dreamt that Venomoth was playable in Smash 4. He couldn't stay on the ground, he needed to float. It isn't THAT bad of a character, if you think about it.

Top Bottom