• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have You decided on you main yet?

raydinneed

Smash Apprentice
I planned ike/MK/pit/falco/fox

And now I main lucas/kirby, they fit my playstyle :3

Hound

Smash Cadet
I don't really have a main, just a few that I win and play exceptionally better with. These include Snake, Lucas, Lucario, Wolf, Marth, Sonic, and Pit.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
I've played most every character and it's come down to two

Ike as my main - I've gotten a really good feel for him and I like a lot of his abilities even if he is laggy and slow.

Toon Link as my second - Almost a polar opposite to Ike but out of the cast this character I am naturally good with and I like his ability to really mix things up

Zero Suit Samus as my backup - I don't like the changes made to MArth but I like keeping up constant offensives which requires someone with good combo ability and is quick. Zss does this pretty well.

Skoox

Smash Cadet
I was going to main Meta Knight and Falco.

I currently main Lucas, Olimar, and Diddy.

Did not see that one coming...

Doc_Gerbil

Smash Rookie
Pretty indecisive on my Main. Whereas in Melee I loved playing with all of the characters and I was exceptional with a wide array of them, Brawl is a whole different ball game.

I love Snake.. but I'm not that good with him. Keeping up with all of his remote mines and things is just too difficult for me in an intense 1 on 1 match. My two best characters are probably Wolf and Toon Link, but they aren't much fun to play, and I have a LOT of room to improve on the two of them.

I wanted to main with Fox and Link (what awesome alternate outfits) since they were my mains last game - although Link was just for 4 player matches - and they've both ended up being inferior to their new counterparts, Toon Link and Wolf. Fox's moves are so slow now it's surreal.

The Id

Smash Rookie
If it's a super serious fight, it's normally down to Falco or Sheik for me. I love Sheik's unrelentless barrage of attacks, and Falco's versatility and spacing games. But recently, I discovered Wolf, and I rip everyone apart in FFA's. So for now, I have chosen these guys as my mains. But there's one slot left that I can't decide who to fill with...At this point it's between ZSS, Ike, and Sonic. But who knows at this point, I pretty much had a different "main" every time I played melee.

Subach

Smash Apprentice
Samus was going to be and is my main.

Donkey Kong, Meta Knight, Mario and Ganondorf are all really fun, too.

AA-Abderian

Smash Cadet
Originally I planned to main falco, as I did in SSBM but I chose Ness as my main for a challenge. I also picked my secondary to be kirby.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well I wish I could say Sheik and Zamus all the way but for a while there I kind of gave up on Sheik, however I've switch back and now a days I'm using Sheik just as much if not more so then Zamus for most of my online matches so I guess I have a dual main.

My second is still Zelda just because she is the best anti camper of the bunch.

Griffard

Smash Ace
i planned on pt, lucas, ness, and pit

pit is annoying, and i didn't like ness at first. i basically played completely as lucas for a really long time (like 600 kos!), but now i'm leaning toward ness, and i also play as zelda, mk, most other chars

Sw0rd

Smash Cadet
I didn't really plan on being anyone, I had just started maining G&W in melee before brawl came out. When I got brawl and saw Mr. G&W's buffed moveset, it was pretty easy picking him. After playing with snake for a while he quickly became my second.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mains: R.O.B./ King Dedede/ Wolf

In that order

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Originally planned to use Toon Link, even before I knew how he played. I loved Wind Waker, although what I just said can probably describe thousands of brawlers out there.

Anyways, I used TL and I liked him, so here I am. I'm not that good with him though :\

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
For the first time in the Smash series, I don't have a main. I have people that I am skilled at playing, but each one is situational. Link is my all-around; I've played him exclusively in both SSB64 and Melee, so I know him the best. Naturally, if I need a faster person, I go with Toon Link. Lucario is my 'pseudo-heavy' because he has all of the qualities of a heavy at higher % without being so insufferably slow that I can't use him. Pokemon Trainer is my technical character, and I am still getting the hang of him. I'm learning Marth because he feels better in Brawl (for me). Sonic is (obviously) the speed guy, for when I go against Fox/Marth/Falco/Falcon. ZSS is just fun as hell to play. I'd play Mario... but I just can't do it without that Doc outfit. :laugh:

Gluttony

Smash Cadet
In the beginning I said I was going to main Wario. I always played as Link in the other games despite that he wasen't high tier in melee. I just love the Zelda series so I worked with what I got. I saw that Wario was joining Brawl so he became my main simply because I love the Wario series. Wario is one of my all time favorite nintendo characters. Now that the game is released Wario is still my main but something unexpected happened to. Wolf became my secondary character. My third character is Link.

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
I have no main, I've been searching furiously for someone I enjoy playing but they're all so-so. I was originally going to main ike and wolf but, nah I just don't have as much fun with ike as I thought I would and wolf is fun and all, but he pisses off my friends-_-

Anyways if anyone who played cfalcon could tell me who they played that would be great. I miss the power of the knee, as well as the other relatively fast moves and amazing nipple smash.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
I like Pit and will stick with him as the character I try to 'master'. But I am surprised at how many of the new characters I find fun, so I usually switch around a lot, even if I'm best with Pit. Sonic, Dedede, Ike, Wario and Pokemon Trainer are some of the guys I play regularly, they're all awesome.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I mained Link and Ness in 64, but I could also play(ed) Kirby
I mained Young Link and Ness in melee, but I also play(ed) high tier characters.

I was planning on using Toon Link and or Link, Ness and or Lucas, Sonic, and the high tier characters of melee.

Once I got the game I was extremely disapointed with Toon Link. He was not the Young Link I wanted him to be. He is a overall better character than YLink is, but it wasn't what I was looking for in a character. I'm going to pick him up later, but only because he has a srong playablilty.

I played Link for the first coupple of days I had the game, but once every character was unlocked, I lost interest in the hero of time.

I was happy with Ness, however. He is almost 29384jb33234ggbfi888 times better in brawl than melee. Lucas is the shiznit. They both fit my play style really well. (Although I am extremely pissed over Ness' recover issues)

Sonic is a really difficult character to use, and I'm thinking about giving him up.

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have to have played the game before I choose my main. I think it's dumb to 'choose' your main before you have even played a single match with them. That's my opinion.

Anyway, I had no idea who I was going to main before I got the game. After it came out, I started playing with Lucario, and I really liked him. That was before I had unlocked all the characters. Once I got the last char, I did 5 stock matches playing as the whole roster starting with Mario, Luigi, Peach, etc. Once I got to Wolf, I triple stocked my opponent. So, I started playing around with him, watched videos, looked for combos, and got a really good feel for him. So, that's who I chose to main.

I did not choose my char because I like the games, or because I like him, or any of that. I chose him because I think I can eventually get really good with him. In fact, I've never liked Wolf's character. I love the StarFox games, but I've always hated Wolf. He annoyed me in the games because he could'nt let me do that. I was actually hoping Wolf was not playable in Brawl. I had no thought in my mind that I would ever main him, but after playing as him a lot, I kinda like him more now. So, that's the story of how I picked my main.

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
My original plans were to main Shiek(like I did in Melee) Snake and Olimar.

I haven't really gotten a chance to work on my Snake and Olimar games too much, but I'd like to think I'm almost as good with Sheik as I was in Melee now that I've coped with the changes and nerfs involved.

I also suddenly found myself attracted to Toon Link and Lucas. I perform almost as well with them as I do with Sheik, so I suppose it goes something like this.
Shiek
Lucas
Toon Link
Olimar
Snake

So yes, I'm maining the characters I said I would, but also a few others that I didn't expect.

Rash

Smash Ace
Samus
Ness
Snake
MetaKnight
Fox
Mr. Game & Watch
Ike.

It's really hard to pick a main in this game. I don't often use one character in two conecutive matches. The variety is what makes the game fun. I'm surprised that I haven't just begun maining random.

6footninja

Smash Ace
Eh, I knew I was going to main kirby. I never leave him. But in other characters I expected to secondary diddy/dedede/Pit. My secondaries after getting a hold of the game are yoshi/falco.

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
At one time I thought I had chosen a main. But after playing everyone i'm stuck between about 6 characters.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I had no idea who I was going to main when I first picked the game up and my mains are liable to change bu here is what I got now...

Caption Falcon, he was nerfed from Melee but I find his style very enjoyable and I'm finding all sorts of ways to mess people up with him. Yes he was nerfed but he's looking like my most primary main right now.

Wolf, I love his character and also his fighting style and since I was naturally good with him I played him the most out of any character but Falcon dethroned him as my favorite. I still play him quite a bit though.

Link, I just love his fighting style and his more powerful moves and gale boomerang are pretty helpful. I need to polish my skills with him but I already play him decent enough and favor him over Toon Link.

Donkey Kong, I've always liked the Gorilla but never got the hang of him down in Melee... this time is different and I'm enjoying his punches, claps and throws a lot. He has a lot of untapped potential in my mind and I'm set to try him some.

I'm also trying to learn other characters well but for now those 4 are my favorites.

Edit: I like Sonic and Bowser a lot but I will need more experience with both before I consider either my main.

jmoney316

Smash Rookie
i was going to main pit but i said nah. i main ike, wit pikachu as a close second and snake as a backup

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ive mained King Dedede, Metaknight, Zelda (Not sheik), Pit and Bowser. Right now I main all 5 of them still, and then added Wario to the team. Well actually Wario is my alternate..

Bowser, Pit and Zelda are my top 3 Mains, and will always be the top 3 on my list.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
I planned on maining Metaknight and Pit. I ended up not liking Pit at all, and liked Metaknight. But I was suprised when I found out that I loved Olimar! So now I main Olimar, Zamus, and Toon Link. A ton different, yeah? XD

SeventhSage

Smash Apprentice
1. Zelda / Sheik
¬ My Main. As usual.

2. Falco
¬ My 2nd, again. LOVE the change.

3. Ivysaur
¬ His moves kick ***. My fav is usmash, ftilt and all aerials.

4. Squirtle
¬ Nimble characters are my favorite. Usmash, aerials and upB are awesome.

5. Lucario
¬ His downB is the craziest newcomer's move. Utilt, nair, acombo and smashes are pretty darn strong(-er over time). His ball is strong too.

6. Zero Samus
¬ It's all about usmash. I like her style and she runs FAST!

7. Lucas - Pikachu - Ness - Wolf - Ganondorf - Pit - Sonic - Peach - Marth - Ike
¬ All these kick ***. It's not surprising to see me pick one of them.

18. Metaknight - Bowser - Kirby - Snake - Fox - Samus - Charizard - Ice Climbers - Olimar - Dedede - Link -
DK - Luigi - Toon Link
¬ I think those characters are great. I like to play as them but I don't think theyre as fun as those above.

31. Mario - Diddy - Wario - Captain Falcon - Yoshi (Dark Blue) - Jigglypuff - Mr. Game & Watch - R.O.B
¬ I rarely pick those although I use EVERY character.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I main Pikachu and Luigi as I have always been doing in all of the Super Smash Bros Games. Yes even Melee where they sucked.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
I've had Wolf as my main since I first got Brawl and I've never even thought about choosing another character over him. The real problem I've been having is finding a secondary character. I've been through Fox, Peach, Luigi, ZSS, Diddy Kong, and Marth, so far I haven't really enjoyed using any of them. Though I probably just need to give them a little more time.

Top Bottom