• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

I say Yes to all four Assists, and I vote for Space Colony Tour as the Gundam stage.

Now then, I still have one submission left, so I'm going to make it count:

Glover (Glover)
Glover (video game) - Wikipedia

Truth be told, I don't know if he's owned by Hasbro, but he was distributed by their video game division if that helps.

As for his moveset, I'm just going to leave this aside.
I'd love to see Glover from Glover 64 show up. : r/smashbros

I've seen the other suggestions, and I thought I'd be weird on this.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I say Yes to all four Assists, and I vote for Space Colony Tour as the Gundam stage.

Now then, I'm glad the new limit of submissions is two, because I think I've got some good ones:

Submission #1: Cavity Sam (Operation)
Operation (game) - Wikipedia

It would be interesting to see another board game rep alongside Mr. Monopoly and Colonel Mustard, so why not give this guy a spin?

Cavity Sam would fight using the things stuck in his body. How that happens in a E-rated game is easy to hand wave: He wears a full set of clothes when fighting and coughs up the items to attack with them. This is so that he can be presentable as his own character.

For other attacks, he can blind foes with a nose that makes Rudolph jealous, and he can pinch people with those tweezers of his. But mainly, he fights by throwing up the puns strewn across his board game of origin.

From a board game character who can't attack to a video game character that does, here comes...

Submission #2: Glover (Glover)

Truth be told, I don't know if he's owned by Hasbro, but he was distributed by their video game division if that helps.

I'd love to see Glover from Glover 64 show up. : r/smashbros'd love to see Glover from Glover 64 show up. : r/smashbros

Cativity Sam was already submitted

darkvortex

Smash Lord

Now then, I'm glad the new limit of submissions is two, because I think I've got some good ones:

Submission #1: Cavity Sam (Operation)
Operation (game) - Wikipedia

It would be interesting to see another board game rep alongside Mr. Monopoly and Colonel Mustard, so why not give this guy a spin?

Cavity Sam would fight using the things stuck in his body. How that happens in a E-rated game is easy to hand wave: He wears a full set of clothes when fighting and coughs up the items to attack with them. This is so that he can be presentable as his own character.

For other attacks, he can blind foes with a nose that makes Rudolph jealous, and he can pinch people with those tweezers of his. But mainly, he fights by throwing up the puns strewn across his board game of origin.

From a board game character who can't attack to a video game character that does, here comes...

Submission #2: Glover (Glover)

I'd love to see Glover from Glover 64 show up. : r/smashbros'd love to see Glover from Glover 64 show up. : r/smashbros

We added cavity Sam in s1

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Quick announcement, but I'm gonna extend Day 100 to tomorrow as well; I'm gonna be busy the entire morning as my College classes are starting again for which I need to get sorted out, and I also work right after. Also, I myself need more time to finish my write-ups for both my nominations, which I lost the chance to do today when I was called into work.

I know it sucks that I keep extending certain days but I would like you to understand that this thread does consume some of my time and there are days where I have to make sacrifices for that. It won't be long, mind you, just one more day and we'll soon get to finishing Season 2 for good.

Edit: Also, forgot to mention but Arcade Endings are open to do. I forgot we even has Arcade endings lol

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Character Name: Lord Soth
Character Origin: Dungeons & Dragons

The legendary, dare I say, archetypical Death Knight, Lord Soth - introduced in Dragonlance and later appearing in Ravenloft, as well as in all kinds of other D&D media - is an imposing and terrifying being, with his aura of deathly cold so eerie that even kender shiver in his presence. In spite of being undead, and bound to his armour - his fighting style is that of honour, as his nature in life as a Solamnic knight somewhat remains. However, his undead nature grants him exceptional strength, as well as being able to cast magical words powerful enough to destroy dragons and shatter cities. An iconic and terrifying character from the series' history, he feels like a natural pick to coincide with Vecna, one of the season's bosses.

I'll also resubmit Eiji, from Battle Arena Toshinden, as an interesting historical pick from the Takara side of things.
Character Name: Eiji Shinjo
Character Origin: Battle Arena Toshinden (1995)

Okay, I feel like this needs a bit of context, but it does actually make a lot of sense - more than you might expect!

See, in the 90s, Takara (prior to the Tomy merger) had a surprising amount of involvement in the video game scene - whether this be with the B-Daman franchise originally coming about from Bomberman, or their involvement in porting a variety of SNK titles to home consoles (including Art of Fighting, The King of Fighters '95, and World Heroes 2). However, Takara's involvement in the scene wasn't just in ports - they also published a number of games, and were heavily involved in the development of the Battle Arena Toshinden franchise (alongside Tamsoft).

So, why this series instead of including, like, Ryo Sakazaki? Well... even beyond it being one of Takara's most prominent standalone game franchises, Battle Arena Toshinden has a lot of historical significance too - namely, as one of the earliest true 3D fighting games (releasing only a couple of years after Virtua Fighter in the arcades), and also being the first weapon-based fighting game in three dimensions - as well as introducing the sidestep manouvre before even the release of Tekken (a move that many claim pushed the genre into "true 3D" for the first time.) The game was also a launch title for the PlayStation, and continues to see a small but interested community to this day - to the point where the game was one of 30 included on the PSX Classic a couple of years back.

With this in mind, Eiji is an interesting candidate who - while also representing an interesting period in Takara's own history - also represents the history of fighting games to a certain extent... which is kind of fitting for a Hasbro-based fighting game, right?

Okay, enough context. Eiji isn't just your average sword-wielder - with him being effectively the shoto of Battle Arena Toshinden. With that in mind, he has access to a variety of fiery skills with his katana - as well as the Rekkuzan (a firey projectile), Hishouzan (a powerful rising slash), and Mokurowari (a slash into the ground that brings up a powerful geyser), he's also able to increase the power of these projectiles into Shin Rekkuzan, Shishouzan, and Shin Mokurowari. Additionally, he has powerful Overdrive attacks that he can use when his meter is full - as well as additional secret moves like Shin Enjinshouraha (a pair of rapid, powerful slashes). And last of all, Battle Arena Toshinden has a system called Desperation, where characters gain uniquely powerful super moves at low health.

With this in mind, I'd imagine his moveset functioning a little like a combination of Smash's take on both Terry Bogard and maybe Roy combined together - with a variety of interesting tools at his disposal as well as unique mechanics, the likes of which no other character in the game might have access to. Combined with his unique historical significance and the additional opportunity to represent some of Takara's interesting past works, I think Eiji would be an unexpected, but very fun, inclusion with all this in mind.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
This trailer would be shown at a Nintendo Direct \ Playstaion Showcase \ whatever the Xbox events are called. Just whoever gives us the most money.

The trailer opens up on Cobra Island. We see Snake Eyes and Scarlett battling Cobra Goons. Snake Eyes takes them out with his swords, while Scarlett moes them down with her bow. This is shown as action figures falling over, rather than anything violent to, in keeping our family friendly rating. Cobra Commander appears and cackles as the two Joes are overwhelmed. This is all done in the set style of the old cartoon with laments corny dialog.

Cobra Commander: "At least. The Gi Joes will fall at the Hands of Cobra! "

Suddenly a helicopter appears and someone jumps out of it, striking Cobra Commander in the face. We cut to see Action Man arrive, letting his parachute fall. He strikes a pose.

Action Man: "Action Force will assist G.I. Joe in defeating this villainy. "

Cobra Commander sneers and let's out a cry as he rasies his arms.

Cobra Commander: "No matter. Cobra will devour all of you!"

The battle begins again as the three heroes charge at Cobra Commander. We get the full reveal of action man and his moveset. We also get a look at alternative costumes for the cast, as a reference to being able to change Action Man's outfit. We see costumes including Classic Prime and Bumblebee, Future Twilight, White Ranger, Movie Snake Eyes, Classic Action Man and Hooded Cobra Commander. We get gameplay of Action Man defeating Cobra Commander as we cut back to CGI.

Scarlett: "It's over Cobra Commander. You lose."

Cobra Commander shreeks and steps back. He holds a strange device.

Cobra Commander: "Never! You are not the only ones who can call on allies. "

He presses the button and two portals appear. Out of one steps Megatron, out of the other steps Lord Zedd.

Zedd: "Are these the humans you spoke of? "

Megatron: "No humans are a match for the might of the Deceptions! "

Suddenly an out stretched fist appears and slams into Megatron. The heroes and villains both look back in surprise as Stretch Armstrong stands there.

Stretch: "I'll help stop these villains!"

We get gameplay of Stretch, and we get to see his moveset. We also get the reveal of the Stretch monster assist. We see Stretch, Action Man and other heroes battling the villains and beating them.

We cut back to CGI where see the three villains tied up as they get captured. Action Man and Stretch shake hands as Scarlett and Snakeyes watch on as some cheesy 80s cartoons style music plays.

We cut up to see Hasbro Boy playing with action figures. "The good guys always win!" he proclaims as we cut to logo.

Trailer reveals:
  • Action Man and Stretch Armstrong as fighters and their movesets
  • The reveal of various alternative costumes
  • Stretch Monster as an assist

Once the trailers are done I might try and do some movesets for the characters I actually know stuff about

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job: DLC Character
RAISTLIN MAJERE
Franchise: Dungeons & Dragons

Given the nature of Hasbro's company and kid-friendly appeal, it makes sense it's primary protagonists are all mostly noble heroes with unwavering morals; But, what about characters who do not fall into the simple good-evil umbrella, but rather slide in-between with anti-heroic tendecies? For my first character submission: Raistlin Majere!
WHAT IS DRAGONLANCE?
Hailing from the Dragonlance Campaign Setting, Raistlin was a character created for the Dragonlance Chronicles Trilogy of Novels released in the 80's, and it's sequels the Dragonlance Legends Trilogy, which it would not surprise me if a couple users have actually read them as the books were monumentally successful; In fact, the Dragonlance Novels are what kickstarted the trend of D&D Canon Novels that would eventually lead to it's established legacy today and to characters like Drizzt, and over 190 Dragonlance novels have been written, with a new trilogy releasing as of 2022. In fact, it's legacy lead to the first novel in the series, Dragons of Autumn Twilight, ended up recieving an animated movie adaptation, years before D&D: Honor Among Thieves released in theatres!
Oh, originally I was going to just attach a poster for the movie, but, nah, here's the whole damn movie, feel free to watch it for yourself if you want to get a sense of Raistlin's character! Fun Fact: In this movie, he is voiced by none other than KIEFER SUTHERLAND!?!?! A.K.A. Big Boss and Venom Snake!?!? I was shocked when I found that out haha.

Given the books ended up being so popular, there was an extended period of time in which Dragonlance became the primary and most popular Campaign setting in all of D&D, having been introduced after Greyhawk and before Forgotten Realms skyrocketed in popularity. Given we only have playable fighters from FR and Ravenloft, Dragonlance marks a central element of D&D that has yet to be represented.
THE STORY OF RAISTLIN
Though not the main character of the novels (that honor goes to Tanis the Half-Elven), Raistlin was by far and away the breakout character and continued to shape the lore of Dragonlance to the point of being it's most popular figure very fondly remembered by fans of the series. To explain his whole deal:
Raistlin is a Wizard, and in fact one of (and eventually) the most powerful Wizard in the land of Krynn, the world in which Dragonlance takes place. I mentioned he is an Anti-Hero, but he could also be described as a tragic hero; He had no physical strength and was bullied relentlessly as a child, but what he lacked in physicality he made up for in high intelligence. He was set down a path of magic by his father and became a powerful Wizard at a young age, but this sparked his dark transformation, as he became addicted to becoming powerful with more and more magic. Eventually, he decided to partake in the Test of High Sorcery as part of his quest for power, which ultimately curses him with white hair and golden skin; However, this test also dons me a mysterious ability in which he is given hourglass-shaped eyes, and gains a type of precognition in which he sees Time on a different plane of passing than everyone else.

Throughout the books he is depicted as a shady character who sees others as beneath him, though not one without heroic qualities, as he is a core member of the Heroes of the Lance and defeated powerful threats in order to save Krynn from absolute darkness, and had various moments of honor throughout. But, Raistlin's story is also a moral, one that tells the tale of addiction and corruption. His lust for power never stopped, and eventually he turned to dark magic and became the main Antagonist of the Legends Trilogy, and it is during this Villain arc where he became one of the most powerful wizards in all of D&D, killing actual Gods and even his Mentors, and the protagonists travel to a future in which Raistlin has killed all life in Krynn, becoming its sole living inhabitant. I won't spoil the story anymore than this, but Raistlin's character arc is very transformative and showcases the nuance to the character that lead to his popularity, and despite not being a present figure in future books his influence is still the strongest than any other Dragonlance character.
MOVESET POTENTIAL
Of course being so popular does not mean much if there isn't a versatile moveset to pull from, but fortunately Raistlin is more than skilled enough in magic to make it work!
Given the nature of his character, Raistlin would not at all rely on aggression or physical prowess but rather sneaky movements and intelligent set-up and pay-off, similar to Smash' Snake, landing blows with pre-planned magic spells.
For his signature weaponry:
The Staff of Magius
Raistlin's most famous handheld; Obviously, it's a staff that aids him in performing magic spells, which is doubly powerful due to him having passed the Test of High Sorcery. No biggie, yk?​
Dragon Orbs
Throughout the Novels the group comes across artifacts called Dragon Orbs. While Raistlin primarily gets hold of just one, there are 5 that each have their own different properties​
And, of course, a series of spells Raistlin is known for casting throughout his appearances:
  • Sleep​
  • Charm Person​
  • Magic Missile​
  • Fireball​
  • Arcane Mark​
  • Detection (Poison, Invisibility, etc,)​
  • Invisibility​
  • Burning Hands​
  • Mirror Image​
Of course this is just sticking purely to as much canon as possible, but the routes this character could go for a moveset are bountiful and definitely not limited just to what this write-up has.

"You cannot hide from danger. Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died." - Raistlin Majere

Job: DLC Character
MORDENKAINEN

When it comes to traditional Wizards in the world of D&D, and also the canon of its own iconic characters, there is one that above all the others can be seen as the progenitor: One of the oldest characters to ever exist in D&D, created just a few months after it's first campaign module, meet: Mordenkainen!
THE FIRST WIZARD
Mordenkainen is a legendary Wizard from the world of Greyhawk, the original D&D Setting; While some may recognize him from Sourcebooks or Official Guides, he is an important figure in the lore itself, being one of the original Wizards, creating so many of the spells that ended up being used in official D&D History. It's for this reason that Mordenkainen continuously pops up repeatedly when it comes to Greyhawk and establised lore, which gives the character an extended history with a unique set of powerful spells which influences the rest of the brand going forward.

Just to go over the list of spells that ended up being named after him:
  • Buzzing Bee
  • Capable Caravel
  • Celerity
  • Defense Against Reptiles
  • Disjunction
  • Electric Arc
  • Encompassing Vision
  • Faithful Hound
  • Faithful Phantom Defenders
  • Faithful Phantom Guardian
  • Faithful Phantom Shield-Maidens
  • Force Missiles
  • Involuntary Wizardry
  • Lucubration
  • Magnificent Mansion
  • Penultimate Cogitation
  • Private Sanctum
  • Protection From Avians
  • Protection From Insects and Arachnids
  • Protection Against Lycanthropes
  • Protection From Slime
  • Mordenkainen's Sword
  • Trusted Bloodhound
Yeah, it's a lot. Being such an old character would do that to ya. But, who is Mordenkainen as a character?
HISTORY OF MORDENKAINEN
Unlike Raistlin, Mordenkainen's past and origin are relatively unknown and are shrouded in mystery. However, one thing that is known is his obsession with balance and neutrality, doing things to neither benefit good nor evil but rather keep everything equal, as he is a strong believer they are co-dependent, and he'd most likely berate you for trying to change said balance. Despite this, he still works solely in the protection of Oeth (the world in which Greyhawk takes place) and set out to form the Circle of Eight, a council of the 8 most powerful Wizards in the land of Greyhawk to battle against equally powerful threats, gaining a reputation. Though members would change their goals did not, and eventually they would go on to fight even Vecna, the Lich that saught Godhood, with Mordenkainen being the key member in seeing his defeat; In this way, you could see them as Rivals.

Mordenkainen also became so powerful that he gained the ability to planeswalk, meaning he traveled the Multiverse of D&D - very fitting for a game combining characters from the Hasbro Multiverse. Of course, this would also lead Mordenkainen to the world of Ravenloft where he would fight Strahd Von Zarovich, a character currently playble on our roster, and this is a defeat that currently leaves Mordenkainen where he is as he now studies magic to regain the power he lost when Strahd defeated him, forming another strong rivalry with a lord of evil.

Of course, the character hasn't gone away has WotC uses him continuously to sell merchandise, because, well, he's popular! He's in Guide Books, Spellbooks, Campaign Modules and was even brought over to the Forgotten Realms, because of course!
1000013050.jpg
1000013052.jpg
1000013054.jpg
1000013053.jpg

Given his role at D&D's first major Wizard, with the list of spells named after him and his history with both Vecna and Strahd, he has plenty of connections to the roster and undeniable moveset potential that can be used here no doubt.

"Perhaps it was madness that compelled me to scry into the Abyss, or perhaps it was my ever growing hunger for knowledge. Both, I think, are equal curses." - Mordenkainen
---​
I also want to point this out, because this was important when I picked out both characters, but as of now we have no wizard representation for D&D, which is crazy to think about. Truth be told I was not at all sure if these characters would ever catch votes, but I'm throwing my hat in the ring to see what success could be had with making them playable; We haven't had a playable D&D character since the basegame and given that Hasbro reported it was it's best selling franchise of 2023, I think another character is definitely deserved.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 101
Alright, I'm actually trying to squeeze this in between a class break right now so I'm gonna speedrun this and spruce this post up later.

Congratulations to AlteredBeast AlteredBeast because Space Colony Tour is going to be our Gundam stage, as last I checked it won with 3 votes to 2 for White Base!
Additionally, the assists all recieved a majority yes so they will all be added!
NEW VOTE
Alright we have definitely over 10 nominees (I didn't count) so let's run down the list:
Lots of WotC love this round; Go ahead and rank your Top 3, you can't self-vote twice, none of your nominees can be first place aaaaand the top #1 winner will be included as the last fighter of Season 2 (but not the last fighter overall)
NEW JOB
Job: Nominate a Hasbro or Guest Stage
Much like last season where we added the Hot Wheels stage, you can go ahead and submit a stage from any third party company, and since we have quite a few stages of those type already I'm also opening it up to Hasbro stages if you don't have ideas for guest stages.

Movesets, Arcade Endings and Trailer Write-Ups are open forever!!!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Mordenkainen
2. Leoric
3. Zoe Trent

Resubmitting the Rubik’s Cube stage for my guest stage.

Guest Stage:

Rubik’s Cube (SpinMaster)

View attachment 368984

Probably one of the most famous toys owned by another toy company being SpinMaster! We should definitely represent SpinMaster in this game in some form so why not have a stage based off of this toy? This puzzle in the shape of a cube has been enjoyed by generation after generation! Basically, the fighters fight on top of the cube. However, watch out as the sides rotate and can fling you if you stand on them while turned! It’s a simple but yet fun way to bring out one of the most iconic toys yet to be in this game!

1. Raistlin Majere (D&D)
  2. Zoe Trent (Littlest Pet Shop)
  3. Mr. Tiger Electronic
Honorable Mentions to Mordenkainen, Leoric, Arcee, Mr. Mint, and Glover. Consider my fourth spot going towards Mordenkainen for being part of one of the better writeups in this game.

I submit the Power Pad from Bandai.

Players would fight on the Power Pad's buttons, which light up at random intervals. When the buttons light up, they deal damage and knockback akin to when 9-Volt's mom catches you in Gamer. A deep cut comparison, I know.

For an added bonus, heavier characters get harmed worse than lighter characters, meaning any Transformer on either side becomes combo food.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
  1. Raistlin Majere (D&D)
  2. Zoe Trent (Littlest Pet Shop)
  3. Mr. Tiger Electronic
Honorable Mentions to Mordenkainen, Leoric, Arcee, Mr. Mint, and Glover. Consider my fourth spot going towards Mordenkainen for being part of one of the better writeups in this game.

I submit the Littlest Pet Shop from Hasbro.
View attachment 383183
This is mainly so we can represent LPS in some way, so the execution of the stage might not be as robust. You'll mainly fight on the entrance seen in the picture, while cameos from the pets pop in to say hello or to cause obstacles. Mostly for the former.
There is already a Littlest Pet Shop stage

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Mordenkainen
2. Chandra
3. Zoe

Taj_Mahal_drawing_on_an_Etch-A-Sketch (1).jpg

Etch A Sketch
An iconic toy. I think this is a really cooks stage idea. Players fight inside the sketch as he drawings are made, kinda like Pictochat from Brawl.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
  1. Lord Soth
  2. Mordenkainen
  3. Eiji Shinjo
Lord Soth is also a great pick, especially for a D&D villain; Honestly there are so many different directions to take for more D&D characters so I was surprised but pleased to see him pop up.

I'm also very split between Raistlin and Mordenkainen. The latter seems to be more popular but I went very hard on both write-ups, it's like picking a favorite child

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 102
Alright, I have quite a bit of updating to do on this thread, so y'all gotta bear with me here, but first, let's get the new day started!

And what better way to start it off than the next playable character in the roster and the last in Season 2!
Leading the vote with 10 points, catching the Top 3 in quite a handful of people's votes, it's...
1000013065.jpg
The Mad Mage of Mount Baratok, Mordenkainen, nominated by yours truly, PinkFlare PinkFlare !
Mordenkainen: 10
Zoe Trent: 6
Leoric: 5
Raistlin Majere: 3
Lord Soth: 3
Glover: 3
Chandra Nalaar: 2
Eiji Shinjo: 2
Mr. Tiger Electronic: 1
Storm Shadow: 1
Mr Mint: 0
Miss Scarlett: 0
Arcee: 0
With Mordenkainen now in the roster, that adds the Wizard representation that was sorely missing in the current D&D line-up! Truthfully I always figured the canon D&D content was a hard sell when all of Hasbro is on the table, but apparently you all seemed to want more!

For those who didn't get their characters in, don't fret, as we will be having more characters join down the line, I'm just not sure to what capacity yet...
NEW VOTE
Alright, and now to wrap up our last 2 stages, starting with the bonus Guest Stage! Going down the list:
Go ahead and rank all 3 of them in order, and your own nomination cannot be in first! The stage with the most votes will win!
NEW JOBS
And for the last Season 2 stage...

Job: Nomimate a Dungeons & Dragons Stage!
To co-incide with Mordenkainen's inclusion, and correspondingly Vecna's inclusion as well, let's go ahead and nominate a stage that would logically accompany their inclusion! We only have a handful of D&D stages and none from the Greyhawk Setting, so no matter what our options are wide open here, and I alreasy have a couple of ideas...

Job: Nominate an Item!
Just to put the bow on top of this season's inclusions, we'll also go ahead and submit items based on any company currently included! This time I'll let ya'll submit 2 items per submission, just for funsies!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Etch-n-Sketch
2. Rubik's Cube
3. Power Pad

Mordenkainen's Stage

Obsidian Citadel

200px-Mordenkainen06.jpg

What better stage to give Mordenkainen than his home? Basically, it's a huge stage with walkoffs as well as walls. It's basically the same layout to Garreg Mach Monastery. There are towers you can destroy as well as defense walls for items. Alongside this, fierce winds and swirling clouds will hinder you in your fight. Occassionally, there will be magical effects that cause nerfs as well as reversed controls for a short time as the magic here causes you to be confused and lost.

Items

Spirograph

converteddfcb125ae2e4da6b7e80993df978eaaa616c51f5.jpg

My younger sister got one of these for Christmas and I learned that Hasbro has the registered trademark for it surprisingly. Basically, it's a two part item where you get a big ring and smaller ring that spawn on the stage. Throw the big ring first and then the other on a fighter. If you do that successfully, a circle will be drawn around the fighter you threw the circles at that will trap them and make them stunned for a while! The designs will vary for the cooll designs you can see but the properties of the item are the same. It's a super fun item but very tricky to get its full effects down on a fighter!

Neutron Jammer (Gundam)

ezgif-1-3f9c58f793.jpg

Once again, my knowledge about the Gundam franchise is limited but I feel it deserves an item. Basically, what this jammer does is it creates a sort of forcefield around an area of the stage where thrown where any fighter in the area cannot be attacked for a temporary time. This is similar to how the Neutron Jammer prevents any sort of nuclear energy from weapons and disrupts radio and radar communications. It is protective to some fighters who choose to stand in the area but not good if your away from it. It will be on the stage for a minute and then vanish.

I know nothing about D&D, so I'll pass on suggesting a stage.

Items

Train Tracks (Thomas and Friends)
Thomas & Friends Motorized Train Track Set Case of 4

If you set a train track on the edge of a platform, Thomas the Tank Engine will miraculously appear to run over the opponent. This is a Mattel property, after all, and it does incorporate a major childhood property in this game. Think of it like Mr. Saturn in Smash, where the line between Item and Assist is blurred.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
  1. Ecth-a-sketch
  2. Power Pad
  3. Rubik's Cube
For my stage submission, I'm gonna be giving spotlight to a stage that was in the nominations since the base game but never got its chance.

Job: D&D Stage
THE TOMB OF HORRORS

Created by Gary Gygax, the same person who created Mordenkainen, the Tomb of Horrors is an adventure module from the World of Greyhawk and inhabits the same world as both him and Vecna. It's one of the most classic and iconic adventure modules in D&D History and would fit right alongside the content being added; We could honestly group all of Season 2's D&D Content together and call it the Greyhawk set.

As a stage it would be a larger stage much like Palutena's Temple or Great Cave Offensive, but with the idea being that danger is lurking around every corner, and hazards would strike players if they're not careful.
There's not much else to say; It's a beloved D&D Module and is unique in its aesthetic and function, and adds some more horror representation to the stage line-up.

Fun Fact: The Tomb of Horrors had it's own key segment in Ready Player One (the book), but was cut from the movie.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
  1. Ecth-a-sketch
  2. Power Pad
  3. Rubik's Cube
For my stage submission, I'm gonna be giving spotlight to a stage that was in the nominations since the base game but never got its chance.

Job: D&D Stage
THE TOMB OF HORRORS

Created by Gary Gygax, the same person who created Mordenkainen, the Tomb of Horrors is an adventure module from the World of Greyhawk and inhabits the same world as both him and Vecna. It's one of the most classic and iconic adventure modules in D&D History and would fit right alongside the content being added; We could honestly group all of Season 2's D&D Content together and call it the Greyhawk set.

As a stage it would be a larger stage much like Palutena's Temple or Great Cave Offensive, but with the idea being that danger is lurking around every corner, and hazards would strike players if they're not careful.
There's not much else to say; It's a beloved D&D Module and is unique in its aesthetic and function, and adds some more horror representation to the stage line-up.

Fun Fact: The Tomb of Horrors had it's own key segment in Ready Player One (the book), but was cut from the movie.
images (3).jpeg

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 103
The results for the next stage vote are in! Our second to last stage for HGNF Season 2 will be...
The Etch-A-Sketch, nominated by darkvortex darkvortex ! Honestly, when I saw this stage submission the first time it instantly clicked with me how perfect it was for a stage, essentially being our Pictochat equivalent, a stage I have a lot of nostalgiac love for; And now, that also adds another iconic toy company to our line up, that being Spin Master, the owners of the Etch-A-Sketch (since 2016)! I'll be adding these to the first post later today
Etch-A-Sketch: 16
Rubik's Cube: 13
Power Pad: 7
Honestly all of these stages were really great ideas, thankfully we're likely to have more chances in the future for new stages!
NEW VOTE
Since we only have 2 D&D Stage nominations, we're going to be deciding with a simple strawpoll!
Go ahead and vote between the Obsidian Citadel and Tomb of Horrors; This will be the last stage we add into Season 2.

Additionally, let's also go over our item votes!
As usual for the item votes, list them all out with the appropriate "Y" or "N" for Yay or Nay.
NEW JOB
Job: Nominate a Guest Boss
Now that we're on the tail end of Season 2, I wanna make sure this last job is a bang, so we're going to do something special and nominate a Guest Boss! Simply pick a character not from Hasbro (any company is valid) and this character will be out last DLC Boss... for now. Ideally I would say the boss should be from one of the companies already present but truthfully I'm leaving it to y'all.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Yes to all items. The Train Tracks item is honestly a very creative way to include Thomas in Hasbro: Game Night Fight! I had a different idea for a Thomas item but the Train Tracks work better.

Guest Boss

Lord Vortech (LEGO Dimensions)

IMG_1802.jpeg

The multiverse of toys has been shattered already and Lord Vortech is here to dominate not only the LEGO multiverse…but the entire multiverse of toys! In the boss fight against him, Lord Vortech will summon evil LEGO minifigures to attack you and create evil rifts to transport you off stage and as well as give you some damage. He will have powers to gravitate you closer to him so you can be open for his attacks!

However, you can stop him by attacking his head and such. Also, at the end of the battle, you will have to hit certain points on Lord Vortech’s boss stage to create a rift to trap him in and defeat him for good! An overall good Guest Boss Fight right here!

Yes to all Items. Also, while I'm glad to see Spin Master added to the credits, I think we shouldn't do a third season of DLC for this game. Who knows how long we'd have to wait for its conclusion this time?

Guest Boss:

Barney (Barney and Friends)

Barney | Puppet Wiki | Fandom

Yes, Barney would be a boss fight. The way I imagine him would be something similar to Bowser in Yoshi's Island, where he slowly ventures forward and you have to stop him from showing up. But it's not like the dinosaur's out of options. His "super-dee-duper" catchphrase? A Skyrim-style yell. His closing song lulls you to sleep, forcing you to move quickly and forget about hitting him. And of course, he has yellow claws on his feet, which we can adapt to his hands for bonus damage.

Hey, if Furby is just a stage, we should be able to poke fun at the other parental annoyance of the 90s.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Y to all but Neutron Jammer

Castle Grayskull
1705844985532.jpeg

It would place status effects onto the fighters in reference to its reality warping powers.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Real quick I lowkey forgot today was gonna be another day
It's gonna be delayed a couple hours sorry about that. But that gives ya'll more time do put down some more nominations so get to it

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Yes to all items. Thomas would probably make more sense as an assist but this is a funny use and could work like Daybreak \ Dragoon

2425895-5711643837_cca184554b_o.jpg

Hordak

Skelator's former mentor who taught him his evil ways beo fire the villain betrayed him. He would return to seek revenge on both his former student and the heroes of Eternia. He is also known for being the main foe of He-Man's sister She-Ra. He will attack using a mix of Magic and Science. He can use dark magic and also has an arm canon he can fire from. He can transform his arm into an energy cannon, become a massive tank, and even transport himself over great distances by becoming a rocket. Taking from his toys, he can also discharge violent whirlwinds and can launch a deadly spinning buzz-saw-like a projectile from his chest.

I was gonna submit Char from Gundam but I figured with MOTU having two reps this made sense

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Guest Boss: Zurg(Toy Story)
Zurg (Lightyear) | Antagonists Wiki | Fandom

The first phase of the boss is a chase sequence as Zurg from his Lightyear design chases after you, firing at you, trying to crush you beneath his feet and trying to grab you. Fortunately, Panels can appear on the floor that you can use to deflect his bullets. Doing this can stun him for a few seconds, leaving a window to attack. Once you drain his health, Phase 2 begins with you teleporting to the Zurg boss arena from the game Rex plays in Toy Story 2 and "Lightyear" Zurg opens to reveal Classic Zurg.
Zurg | Toy Story Wiki | Fandom

This boss fight is more of a classic boss fight, and whilst Zurg lacks most of the abilities from Phase 1, any attacks you give him take less damage than before, plus he can fly around the scene. You can still use Panels against him. When defeated, he starts to fly away pathetically, but after a few seconds, he stops flying and plumments down into the chasm outside the arena.

The boss music is "Zurg Medley" which consists of:
Evil Emperor Zurg (Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue)
Zurg's Displeasure(Lightyear)
Zurg's Planet(Toy Story 2)
Mini Boss(Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue)​

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 104
Alright, sorry about that delay. I legitimately forgot yesterday and was busy at work; I was about to post it late into the afternoon but decided it may as well be delayed to tomorrow, I don't like shortening days. With that said, it seemed to have worked out as we got a couple more Guest Boss nominations that helps round out the list I would say!

On that note, to quickly run down yesterday's votes...
Screenshot 2024-01-22 095557.png
It seems, by vast demand, the Tomb of Horrors will be our last stage of Season 2 and will accompany Mordenkainen!
Additionally, the items all recieved a majority Yes, with only a few No's here and there, so all 3 will be added! For those who wanted Thomas as a playable character, I'll just say that the item won't exclude him from future nominations, as we can just simply replace him with another train.

Alright, a couple things I want to clear up with the vote, so without further ado...
NEW VOTES
Firstly, for our Guest Boss nominations, we have:
I'll admit, I'm a bit confused about the Castle Grayskull submission given it's current status as a stage, but I'm under the assumption you're fighting the building itself, which is fair as it's own separate submission.
Go ahead and rank your Top 3, and your own nomination cannot be in 1st place! Only 1 of these bosses will be added to our DLC Boss line-up, so choose wisely!

But before we go... I'm sure quite a couple of you have noticed, but I sneakily left in a link in the previous couple days that lead to this strawpoll:
For those who bothered to click it and found the poll, I applaud you! However, this very well may be the last addition of Season 2- I'm debating on whether to do another assist job or save it for Season 3. But nonetheless! If you have already voted, you do not need to vote again, but for those who haven't, now is the time to vote, as it could potentially change the rest of this thread... FOREVER!
NEW JOB
Alright, so truth be told I'm gonna let the Boss vote wrap-up as that's our last bit of major content. Instead, I want to have a discussion to reflect on the thread's return and all that we did in Season 2 thus far, going back a whole year all the way to now. Typically in the thread's past, Sundays are a day of reflection for the week's events, and this was supposed to be a Sunday job, so...

Open Discussion: What do you think of the Season 2 Line-Up?
We've had all 6 characters decided for quite a few days now, and I don't think anybody has really shared their thoughts on the line-up yet. so now is the time! To recap, this season the new fighters added are:
  • Sunny Starscout [My Little Pony]
  • Murph [N.E.R.F.]
  • Optimus Primal [Transformers]
  • Mordenkainen [Dungeons & Dragons]
  • The RX-78-2 Gundam [Mobile Suit Gundam]
  • He-Man [Masters of the Universe]
Obviously, not in that particular order. But anyhow, make sure to leave your honest thoughts in the next post!
And while we're at it, feel free to also talk about the Stages, Assists and Bosses we added this season as well, or whatever other additions that intrigued you particularly!

Open Discussion: What do you hope to see for the future of this Thread?
Of course I have the poll now open to all of y'all to partake in, but you can also go ahead and share your thoughts in a text post if you so please. And while we're at it... what Characters or Series do you hope to see added in future jobs, as either way we're bound to add at least a couple more! Personally, if we do open up to a full 3rd season, I think Power Rangers is a bit overdue for some new content.

And that's about all for today. Tomorrow, I'll simply just be going over the strawpoll results and possibly that bonus Assist job I mentioned, unless you guys want to save that for later.

Top Bottom